Wipe Christmas Hearts - Balance Suggestion - Page 3 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Wipe Christmas Hearts - Balance Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#51 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

Expanded my Post, feel free to reread it or not.

Anyway i don`t doubt your Will to help the Game.

We just seams to have different Ways.

Keep it up and good night.

#52 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

"Free to Play" tends to attract free players, when those free players join pvp they meet "pay to play" players and quit because it is too unbalanced for a "free to play" mmorpg. Then you have a dead game. Simple as that.

#53 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

You only defending it because your used to it and became a part of the System that profit from it 

In Contrast to new Players. No sorry for still caring about em more than feeding old Cows.

I wish you were right, if the profit reflected how much we put into it we would be gods by now.  Unfortunately I chose a class that takes a helluva long time to make op and even then still doesn't get very op.  The only help this game will have is if somebody donated 3 billion dollars to hire new devs.  Even if they switched to a "more free" game style (Kind of like the new age games like TSW or GW2) people would more than likely stop paying and whatever little money they have left would trickle down into nothing.  Night night!

Edit.  Now you know what SHOULD be taken out that makes things unbalanced is the 20% skill and the 40% hp's in the mall.  Even if it only takes 20-40 dollars to get them THAT is something that should never have ever been implemented.  At least with hearts there was a silly quest involved.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 08 May 2015 - 04:22 AM.

#54 crkiller

crkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

QQ

#55 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:53 PM

OK, let me add my own little 2 very cheap (and long) cents here.

And, remember, this comes from someone who has not bothered to actually be there in the last couple of years, but I am still having an interest in good old ReQQ for some weird reason, and this is why I try to follow with any "progress" in the game, lol, if you could even call it that way.

What I do know though, and because I spent 5 good years of my very life in it, day-in and day-out, and because I started as a "totally free player" way back in the "golden S1", and had to level and function in the most truly painful way, well, just forget it, no matter how hard we could try to explain to you, you would never understand these days. And because later I became one of the most "celebrated mallw****s" ever in the history of this game, with insane amounts of cash fed into it, I just might know a thing or two, about how this game worked and it will always be.

What you are getting these days is more or less a "faceroll". You should try to be a "free player", when the best "froge event" would be a max of +25% or so, and that maybe happened once a year. You should try it, when the best exp event ever was an awesome +50%. When there were a lot less quests. When there were no dailies. When you had no other option but to grind endlessly the same mobs and the same JS,which even with the best available buffs added at the time, would still take you months to level. When no one was able to even think of running JS for 72 and 75 (really... Tyrant? ^^) sets, yes not even the "mallw****s". When you had to pray and wait for endless months to maybe acquire that oh-so-elusive piece of your 72 set. And then be ultra super duper happy out of this world, when you could some day make it +10 (not to mention, you could not even find enough carus basics for that). And when enchants could be some ultra rare RH remains or DC ones (even rarer). The normal ones, not the bloody "Titan" ones. We had no fancy event xeons. There were high ranks, yes, and there were a few 3%s around, but those were no less rare as they are these days. And far less affordable. 10kk lants back then was filthy rich.

People have grown too soft these days. Too used to easy hand outs. Too used to having a few billions, or being able to acquire, or to get materials. Yes, even the "free players". You "complain" about carus hearts and what not. Maybe you are right. But it will not change one thing. And you know what? I wasn't there either in any of those events, not the "make billions easy" "events" and whatever. If somehow I wanted to get back in to the game now, I would probably have to fork out a few more good thou $ to get into shape. This is the ReQQ way, has always been. And on top of that I would also have to work my arse off for many hours every day. Ah, because, many people fool themselves believing that a "mallw***e" does not need to invest time and effort, which is totally not true.

Yeah, tough sh*ts. People certainly spent billions of lants, tons of WP / mall points, and above all hard $, to acquire many of those uber enchants and keep their beloved toons up in shape and in "OP form". Again, welcome to ReQQ. The REAL difference these days is that "free players" are not really that very helpless anymore, neither completely gearless. Yes, you will still be trampled by folks who have have spent their arse, house, and sold their own families, to equip an OP toon. What did you expect? But the gap is not that tremendous as it used to be, or at least now you got a chance, NO, you got MANY regular chances and several ways, to improve and close that gap, even a little. If you think you will get 2-3 shot these days, you would not like when in the past you would probably be half a shot.

And asking for specific items to be removed, just because... is totally idiotic, and also extremely unfair. Unless it had been a proven exploit or cheat. If not, and otherwise a totally legit way to reach "uberness", as I said before, tough Sh*ts. ReQQ has never been a game of equality, balance, and "happiness and flowers" for everyone, small and big, young and old. It is not a bloody democracy, it is not some "idealistic communism" where absolutely everyone would be equal and equally merry. If you think so, you have been playing the wrong game, and possibly for too long without even realising.

The bottom line is: as with several other MMOs, online life is "unfair". And you know what? REAL fooking life is bloody unfair. Since when we should also "equalise" those who put in minimal effort with those that put in maximum? The real world doesn't quite care about your wishes and mine. There will always be far richer and powerful people than you and me around. What are you asking then? That we should be granted what they can afford? Yeah, would be quite the dream, but it ain't happening. And the same is true, and actually to a lesser degree, with a "pixel world". So, how about you make do with what you can afford and be happy with your own efforts, and actually enjoy, if you can enjoy, the whole thing with your friends, guildies and such. To me, this is the simple and one truth, instead of either chasing unicorns, being forever bitter about the "rich basterd" or whining in eternity for some illusionary "balance" that will never come.

And this is a good point to end the "essay". Best regards, from an old timer who has seen it all, in this little game called Requiem.

#56 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:21 AM

abbreviated bullet point version pls Nin

#57 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:18 AM

OK, for Kimmy :)

• ReQQ was always an unbalanced game (please let us just forget the "honeymoon" S1 times, it is the S2 era that has defined it).

• ReQQ is really a pay2win game, nothing will compare to being able to spend loads of $.

• ReQQ has become a lot more "free player" friendly during the last couple of years.

• "Free players" are now able to do much better than they used to, but probably can / will not match a "big spender".

• Requesting the removal of "uber" enchant or other ingredients because "some folks are full of them" is unrealistic (and probably unfair).

• Finally: It is way too late for ReQQ now, what you, me and us want, is really, a totally different game, one that would have to be completely rebuilt.

#58 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:02 AM

i can agree with most of that NIN but you don`t see the Point for the latest Suggestions made.

Let me help you out:

The Point was that New Player don`t have to level a char to 80+ to get Access to Rigal Sigil Enchants. (Or 1 Time Event Enchants like Hearts)

If you don`t know what im talking about:

http://requiem.irowi...igil_of_Xenovia

So its all fine what you said but there is ONE Mayor different.

In the Past nobody forced you to start a different or another Toon to level and equip him only to be able to grind such Items.

Yes you are forced to do so because the different between a new start toon without carus enchants became overwhelming 

And the CS with +40 % HP items makes this even more insane.

You can`t compare such Players anymore. 

The Balance for 1-69 became fubar .- i don`t think it will get better in the Future.

So short saying a new Player sucks now at 1-69 this was not before Carus Enchants came, this was not always so.

I hope that you see my Point^^

We don`t want that somebody lose an Item they can have toons of em at 70+ Battlefields i could not care less.

Its was about getting new Players into the Game. 

But ya it looks like that Devs gave simply up on them or prefer to force em to stay for months before they are allowed to have fun at PvP 

If you Guys ever wondered why FB failed or Steam won`t help...this is one of the Reasons.

But i guess some of us are simply fine fighting for Years the same 50 Persons. So stay happy if you can^^

Edited by Sandyman, 15 May 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#59 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:34 AM

http://requiem.irowi...igil_of_Xenovia

So its all fine what you said but there is ONE Mayor different.

In the Past nobody forced you to start a different or another Toon to level and equip him only to be able to grind such Items.

Yes you are forced to do so because the different between a new start toon without carus enchants became overwhelming 

And the CS with +40 % HP items makes this even more insane.

You can`t compare such Players anymore. 

The Balance for 1-69 became fubar .- i don`t think it will get better in the Future.

So short saying a new Player sucks now at 1-69 this was not before Carus Enchants came, this was not always so.

I hope that you see my Point^^

The basic point is new players should be prepared to die a whole lot.  Maybe gravity will scale enchants to the lvl grade like they are talking about, but they aren't going to get rid of an enchant just because some people either missed the event or didn't get enough of the op item.    

And if people think its unfair that a new player doesn't have access to great items or dies fast, how do you think some of us feel who've been playing forever, have perfect endgame gear, and still die surprisingly quickly just because gravity decided to -_- up our class?

#60 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

like i said, i don`t want em to get rid of em fully.

Only for the first 69 level.

Nobody expects to play and MMO for 10 Days and can have what other worked for 2-3 Years.

Thats not the Point. 

The Point is you simply can`t work as a 69 Char on those Carus Enchants it does not matter if he is "working" 10 Days or 5 Years for it.

You will be forced to lvl up way above 80+

And saying the whole Game is unfair so we don`t care if its for starter also...well thats just giving up into my Eyes.

So let me clear this...i don`t want to take away your Fun. I just believe new Players are a more important part into that. 

Edited by Sandyman, 15 May 2015 - 02:44 AM.

#61 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:06 AM

OK, for Kimmy :)

• ReQQ was always an unbalanced game (please let us just forget the "honeymoon" S1 times, it is the S2 era that has defined it).

S2 defined it?I think S2 killed it...

• ReQQ is really a pay2win game, nothing will compare to being able to spend loads of $.

• ReQQ has become a lot more "free player" friendly during the last couple of years.

I

• "Free players" are now able to do much better than they used to, but probably can / will not match a "big spender".

In S1 the difference between a free player and a mall player was a 500hp costume -_- The important in S1 were the build, skills, and at the end the gears...

But now everything in item mall, even stats and DNA coupons?! Seriously a game that sell stats in item mall is so ridicule and yoi saying free players can do much better??

• Requesting the removal of "uber" enchant or other ingredients because "some folks are full of them" is unrealistic (and probably unfair).

Is it fair that this enchants are event only and new players have no chance vs older players that didn't farm them? Is it fair that to join pvp new players must wait everytime xmas event?

• Finally: It is way too late for ReQQ now, what you, me and us want, is really, a totally different game, one that would have to be completely rebuilt.

Edited by Kazara, 15 May 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#62 Vorx

Vorx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPortugal and in your nightmares
  • Server:None

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:12 AM

why every1 thinks lv 69 foc has full carus enchants ? lol u even check it those days ?

#63 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

on our Server it was even easier...cloned Gear full of Hears getting traded from one Server and Person to another.

69 Chars with 30K Hp...49 with 10K HP ya on our Server. Just ask our Devs for a Carus Heart Statistic they are good with Statistics.

And like i said the Rigal Sigil are just the beginning. It`s a Trend giving up on new Players for Cash Cow feeding.

Edited by Sandyman, 15 May 2015 - 04:44 AM.

#64 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:02 AM

on our Server it was even easier...cloned Gear full of Hears getting traded from one Server and Person to another.

69 Chars with 30K Hp...49 with 10K HP ya on our Server. Just ask our Devs for a Carus Heart Statistic they are good with Statistics.

And like i said the Rigal Sigil are just the beginning. It`s a Trend giving up on new Players for Cash Cow feeding.

really sounds like u got raped to much in 69 and just QQing.

who has 30k hp o.o wish i did but im WAY off that.

like have you even gone 69 like vorx said?

remove carus would annoy many people and for off the top my head make two others totaly leave but thats it.

for me at 69:

Ele 10 carus enchants (hearts, skill lvl 5 etc)

ranger 6 (skill lvl 5)

Rad 10

Defi 10

wont effect me really at all just mostly lvl5 skill enchants needing replaced - would use rare hearts for that mostly. So in end i would end up even more stats...

This be true for alot of people.

As for 49.... again removing rare/carus/exim wont effect it to much for your little new players you seemed so worried about. +30 will still spank them 1 or 2 hit.

really tho if people didnt farm hearts on the 2 xmas events..  then stfu.

or if they didnt farm titan RH when DS dropped the shiz... stfu.

they gave use 69 jump where you had opportunity to make hundreds 69ers to use for rare heart Q.

As for new players... what new players?

removing enchants wont do shiz they will still be 1hit.

Edited by AngelicPretty, 15 May 2015 - 11:30 AM.

#65 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:08 AM

really tho if people didnt farm hearts on the 2 xmas events..  then stfu.

or if they didnt farm titan RH when DS dropped the shiz... stfu.

they gave use 69 jump where you had opportunity to make hundreds 69ers to use for rare heart Q.

As for new players... what new players?

So selfish xD yes, there are new players, and they are more than the 10-15 mall dependent players in the game.

#66 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

New players? if they don't have a reinforce event they die in 1 hit anyway, and they still haven't the items/lants to reinforce to +30, the difference between a +0 and a +30 is much bigger than the carus hearts

#67 Mythdra

Mythdra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Server:Trif

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

There never will be any balance if there are players with sets fully enchanted with rare/carus hearts, because  this enchants are insanely strong.

We reached a point where rich (or farmers that abused the xmas quests with many chars) players "damaged the game" in a way that free players or new players will never be able to compete in pvp or pve with this players.

That can be solved, just deleting this hearts, and never add this quests event.

With this wipe, there should be also a compensation, because people actually used many moneys to obtain this hearts...I would say, for example, for each carus heart got wiped, 100kk or malls...(100kk is the in game price atm).

If you really want to balance the game, you should start working on this enchants..you can add any super strong enchants, but they will never compete with this hearts >.<

... lol. wow, anyways. 

I play 69er with armor full hearts and I still die. ALOT mind you. Hearts are good for HP and such but I play a caster (defiler) with ALMOST 0 def and Melee (unless -_- gear) kick my ass. Most Sins and all Shadow Runners take me out with ease. Zerks and Warlords kill me instantly as well. Rangers kick my ass. Commies kick my ass. Even some casters can beat my defiler. Keep in mind these are people who don't use hearts. So, yeah, you can still die easily.  

#68 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

... lol. wow, anyways. 

I play 69er with armor full hearts and I still die. ALOT mind you. Hearts are good for HP and such but I play a caster (defiler) with ALMOST 0 def and Melee (unless -_- gear) kick my ass. Most Sins and all Shadow Runners take me out with ease. Zerks and Warlords kill me instantly as well. Rangers kick my ass. Commies kick my ass. Even some casters can beat my defiler. Keep in mind these are people who don't use hearts. So, yeah, you can still die easily.  

Because u sucks, if u have full hearts without putting some defense.....that' s stupid.

#69 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

Because u sucks, if u have full hearts without putting some defense.....that' s stupid.

More his play style i think.

I have a similar defi(MercyStreet~Nova) but mine is rare hearts(so will be fine if they do enchants) it seems go well 

He is new to class and once he learns to keep summons up and gets a def cell/svs he be fine.

#70 crkiller

crkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:19 PM

no point making 69 nowdays, no foc, nothing, just  to what? show ur power to lv nubs in trifi, then what? get HUE in the BR BR BR ?  y'all should make a true pvp char or something funny and kick all that those duckdos out of the server again.

PvE? -_- crap drops, only a decent raid [ Mare Gall ]

PvP? All that those hackers from DuckDo QQing abt you in pm and region

- ioi~~~~~~ mad ? ioi hack~~~~~~~~ ioi xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD sterm move hacks only commys my defeat

anyways stop QQing abt hearts, i farmed like 300+ 1-2 years ago, 

just make accounts like : HueBR1 - HueBR300 and wait for lv up and xmas. ez

#71 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

like i said, i don`t want em to get rid of em fully.

Only for the first 69 level.

Nobody expects to play and MMO for 10 Days and can have what other worked for 2-3 Years.

Thats not the Point. 

The Point is you simply can`t work as a 69 Char on those Carus Enchants it does not matter if he is "working" 10 Days or 5 Years for it.

You will be forced to lvl up way above 80+

And saying the whole Game is unfair so we don`t care if its for starter also...well thats just giving up into my Eyes.

So let me clear this...i don`t want to take away your Fun. I just believe new Players are a more important part into that. 

The way gravity has designed the game lately there is no point in being anything under lvl 90 anyways (One proof of this was the 69 lvl jump event.  Gravity wants you lvl 90 asap so you can spend more to make your char op).  Maybe for pve it would be fun to run around gridning things and doing the same sort fo quest 500 times when you're a new palyer.

But for pvp, there really is no reason to stay a lower lvl unless you are one of the few true twinks farming foc or you're going to get killed by your same level in 3 hits anyways.  This happened way before the hearts were ever made.  

But for the people not happy with hearts because it unbalances the new players and the older players, thats just tough nuggets.  Plenty of older players missed the events also.  Again, me being one of them.

Whoa what lvl 69 is running around with 30k hp?  I'm full everything with no rare jewels or armor and Im about 36khp (And a sorta tank class).  But a lvl 69 that just uses hearts and has 30k?  I need see this.

So selfish xD yes, there are new players, and they are more than the 10-15 mall dependent players in the game.

I think your ratio of non spenders to spenders in this game is slightly off

#72 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:20 AM

Well thats sums it up for me pretty well.

1-69 got corrupted for the sake of Carus Cash. 

The only "free" part left in Game are the Strongest Battlefields.

That don`t really get much attention from older Player, because Player are supposed to  pay for there in game advantages on the regular Maps.

So this is pretty disillusioning for me to be honest. 

At this Point it makes much more sense to simply replace or extend 1-24, 25-49 and 50-69 with new Strongest Battlefields with the same range but different new rewards.

Because like this the early Brackets are only good for scaring new Players away and don`t have any advertising affect anymore. Rather the opposite.

Oh Boy why not sell 69 Jump Items at the Cash Shop? oh your plaining on that already aren`t you?! ...great just great.

So why clutch longer on the old Foc Brackets? why not clean up the House?!

Like most said here already there is not much Point anymore if you unbalance the System more and more anyway.

It has nothing to do with fair anyway. So at least please don`t pretend anymore. And Clean up the shards.

Your spending Money for lamebook and Steam but only 1 of 1000 People is willing to go along with this Heavy P2W Principle and thats just fine for you?!

Thats just ineffective Gravity^^ give up pretending this Game has a Free to Play Zone and reinvent Strongest and regular Battlefields...if you can for your own sake  :p_err:

Edited by Sandyman, 17 May 2015 - 01:28 AM.

#73 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:38 AM

:p_err:

honestly tho.. what do people even buy in Mall these days?

Like i get pet extends paid for in lant or gear swaps each month thats it.

no need costume cus they gave us an event that droped 1.2k costumes able to get at 10% chance so many ppl have bags of them.

mounts u get free from quests.

Forge u can do no mall +30 and enchant - thanks to +72% forge (82% at lowest rate at actual forge) so focx36% or a few 9% compounds from npc.

So what do people even buy in mall?

epnis wars i guess sell pk resets but still? 

the game is less mall based than ever.

#74 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

theres a warrior in lv 69 with no carus -_-zz´s etc and hes pretty tuff

#75 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:43 AM

well this is getting old Angel...

your muddle up the chronology to be able to do all this what you list here.

There is no for free Crafting if i don`t have the Battlefield Points for that...

Without the appreciate Gear you spent Months of feeding and Healing at the Fields.

Before that you would need to pay for Prem.+ Redu Tool and many other Tools to gather the Xeons.

And since you don`t even have Fun at the 1-69 Battlefields anymore for all that and only 90+ BF stays...

The Game became MORE Mall depending than ever.

You keep on talking for People who became already Cash Shop Whores.

If i have spent already a fortune than i`m able to have more Fun than ever.

But only than.

Next you saying you never spent for Prem., + Pet + Tools or Costumes and much more to get what you now have?!

Edited by Sandyman, 17 May 2015 - 01:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users