Wipe Christmas Hearts - Balance Suggestion - Page 4 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Wipe Christmas Hearts - Balance Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#76 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:FOC

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:06 AM

<< never has brought WP. Yus i have traded alot gear over my time for Mall and i always chuckle at this every time.  people know i am expensive and still come back. (grinning right now at old S1 Rh remains selling for 2k mall per, or event xeons lul)

Only just got a credit card recently so i can buy makeup from overseas so never had opitunity to buy it anyway   :P

i HATE prem. wish they had a feature turn it off when they force it on us like last weeks. cant see why people buy it. wait for event lvl 90 np with out prem. And really whats rush to get 90 anywho? nothing to do other than whip em out and  measure.

Reduction tool isnt needed. There is a quest you get that from. dosnt take long to get alt to that lvls. 

Dosnt sound like you know how play game to be honest.

Fine PvP aint ur thing... 

So go do DS - you get around 3 atma every 4 bosses or so.

Go Nova buy the compoundable forge 1% things. use atma to compound to 9%. yey free +30 and compound and enchanted gear!

heck sell DS crap even.

heck if you are lvl 49 or 69 toon u dont even need those to make +30 armors now. just forge at event. Yus u need on carus tho.

Need lant use the gizzillon events they run. one every week these days. that last pog event you could make hundreds thousands. sell pog packs for 50kk a stack or open get costume sell those best yet you can use free 7day pet they gave us and afk domies made in 69 jump event!!!

Edited by AngelicPretty, 17 May 2015 - 02:07 AM.

#77 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:13 AM

yep. i honestly don`t know how to play like somebody who is willing to go along with this System.

You can lie to yourself saying you never pay`d...

-> the Time you would need to compensate for not having the Prem. and Pet and scroll Bonus,

Make me honestly pity you. But i guess i`m simply not smart enough to see all this...

Edited by Sandyman, 17 May 2015 - 02:14 AM.

#78 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

well this is getting old Angel...

And since you don`t even have Fun at the 1-69 Battlefields anymore for all that and only 90+ BF stays...

The Game became MORE Mall depending than ever.

You keep on talking for People who became already Cash Shop Whores.

If i have spent already a fortune than i`m able to have more Fun than ever.

But only than.

Next you saying you never spent for Prem., + Pet + Tools or Costumes and much more to get what you now have?!

Actually he has a point, at one time the game was very mall dependent, but now it has substantially decreased.  This comes from a mall point user AND seller.  At one point I could say selling malls for blah blah on region and 50 people would insta pm.  Now I may get one or two.  I myself only buy my monthly necessities which are:  Pet extension, costume (to lazy to farm them), sometimes prem/mount if I feel like wasting monies.  

So you could argue that the game is still based on mall type items, but the actual NEED for them has dropped dramatically.

Seriously my biggest trouble in req for this month has been trying to decide whether I want the black hoverbike...or the white one.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 17 May 2015 - 04:06 AM.

#79 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:37 AM

i was more interested to speak about the new Player Situation / Point of View...

But i get now that most simply don`t really cares / and gave up on them.

Edited by Sandyman, 17 May 2015 - 07:15 AM.

#80 Mythdra

Mythdra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Server:Trif

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:51 AM

She is right tho in a lot of aspects. As for lvling, easy even without prem. As she said just wait for EXP event which they give MANY now. I am also someone who can't stand having prem and, wish they would let us chose to accept it or not when they force it down our throats. The last time I bought prem was back when Forge event's were 35% and lets think back to how long ago that was.

Also, she is NOT the first person to make a FOC toon like that WITHOUT spending mall. I personally know of another who has not bought mall for his 69er and is +30 TBF wep/+20/25 Jewels and +20-+25 armor. With 72% easy plus without buying malls especially low lvl. Just during our last 72% I made a free 49er. +30 Armor (FOC) +15-+20 NM CON Jewels all perfectly enchanted.   

Now, why must we delete/change the way things work now to make easier for new players? Where is the fun in that? The reason why I even bothered to make PvP characters in the first place was because I was sick of being 2 shot in FOC. As the old saying goes "Can't beat em, join em": It made me more determined to make my char's THAT much better. It not only made me want to better my char's, it made me better as a PvPer as I had to learn ways to handle certain PvP situations.

My 69er is NOT full +30 and probably never will be BUT, neither was my 49er and I still did VERY well in PvP. Reason I die with Defiler now as Angelic said, I am still learning timing and what to use in certain situations for Defiler. In 49 (BM) I had played the class for 4 years. I just made defiler around Christmas time and just started putting it into 69 PvP 2 months ago or so. So ofc I still need practice (doesn't mean I suck btw). I started PvP as a BM, my first ever PvP toon was a BM as well as my second. My first char to reach lvl 70+ was a BM go Druid (This was back in 2011)

Point is, Angelic is right. Prem is NOT needed to lvl anymore. Just wait EXP event and go ham. Plusing now easy, 72% forge and go. You don't need to be +30 everything to be OMG STRONG!  

#81 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:26 AM

Your speaking about Events and Bonus as if those are the standard or a reward for the Player. 

I speak about the common Play Time the regular NORMAL State of the Game. Or how it`s supposed to be.

Your argument is like every Month for 1-2 Days we get 72% Rate on Blacksmith or Exp. So ì`m supposed to play only during such Days and forget about the rest?!

YAY when X-Mas hit Requiem i can lvl up during 1 Week!  isn`t that great?!

You call that a functional System?

You Guys can`t simply understand that those Bonus are part of the Inflation In Game.

Which has lead to lesser Activity on 1-69.

All your Arguments are only valid during Events which paint a sad testimony for the Game.

Try explain to a New Player why he has to wait 14 Days for a Bonus to reach the Game^^

Ya he is long gone by that Day.

All new Items that we will see like the Legendary Items for example do you really think you can make em +30 with 72 % Bonus?

You must be kidding or simply blind.

Edited by Sandyman, 17 May 2015 - 07:33 AM.

#82 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

Your speaking about Events and Bonus as if those are the standard or a reward for the Player. 

I speak about the common Play Time the regular NORMAL State of the Game. Or how it`s supposed to be.

Your argument is like every Month for 1-2 Days we get 72% Rate on Blacksmith or Exp. So ì`m supposed to play only during such Days and forget about the rest?!

YAY when X-Mas hit Requiem i can lvl up during 1 Week!  isn`t that great?!

You call that a functional System?

You Guys can`t simply understand that those Bonus are part of the Inflation In Game.

Which has lead to lesser Activity on 1-69.

All your Arguments are only valid during Events which paint a sad testimony for the Game.

Try explain to a New Player why he has to wait 14 Days for a Bonus to reach the Game^^

Ya he is long gone by that Day.

All new Items that we will see like the Legendary Items for example do you really think you can make em +30 with 72 % Bonus?

You must be kidding or simply blind.

There are many, MANY other larger reasons why newer people would not stay.  

> Dated Graphics

> Unavailable Gm's

> Bugs

> Questing System

> Grinding System

> Unpolished Classes

> Ridiculously Linear Story Lines

> Lack of updates

> No sandbox elements whatsoever 

Once these are addressed then I might feel for the new players having to deal with item mall and event unfairness.  The idea is that you're not supposed to be waiting anyways, you're supposed to play until an event.  Otherwise its their lazy ass fault for wanting to get finished fast when in any game it should take a reasonable amount of time to level and get good gear.  And with RNG you COULD go ahead and try to + your equipment, I know people in s1 who were lucky and brave (or just went through tons of crap).  But that's why its called LEGENDARY.  

If you want the best stuff, it'll take some time to +.  Most other armors are able to get to + or near +30 with the foc stuff.  And if you have to heal or tank your way through it then sometimes thats what you have to do until you get strong enough to kill with the big boys.  Usually this means learning your class.  I killed people without max gear/lvl for the longest time and I play the "laughed at" class.

But its a free world, you're more than welcome to forge your stuff anytime without an event.  We did it all the time before.  But any new player waiting for a bonus is coming into the game with the wrong mindset, and I have no sympathy for them.  Same with those who want to be powerleveled their first run through.  

Edited by BloodyHalo, 17 May 2015 - 05:27 PM.

#83 Mythdra

Mythdra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Server:Trif

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

I'm late on something but w/e. Just noticed in one of the very first few posts someone said they removed exi hearts. Um, no they didn't lol. I have like 10 of the damn things on my Assassin as I type this. lol

#84 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

I'm late on something but w/e. Just noticed in one of the very first few posts someone said they removed exi hearts. Um, no they didn't lol. I have like 10 of the damn things on my Assassin as I type this. lol

They removed only the exi hearts that some players got due to a bug (if you enchanted them into an item, you got the enchanted item + exi heart back in your bag).

#85 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

I think we can all agree adding those hearts to game made it wildely unbalanced. However after so long i dont see how there would be any fair way to remove them. Its way to late now. I dont even know how you begin to balance the game with the stats way past where we are all suppose to be by level 90. Think about what happens if the level cap raises again. Everyones stats have bounced by 50% more in a short time with these enchants and new gears but nothing was ajusted to compensate for it. For example the defence cap was never touched but people are doing x3 the dmg of when the cap was set. Its just madness. Like wise with magic resist. Is 80% really enough anymore? People can hit you nearly 3k on 80% resist now per hit.

#86 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

It`s only natural that the Dev`s trying to push the boundaries.

There is always the need to stimuli the Players to move on with their old Gear and stuff...i can agree on that.

But it`s another Story to unbalance the Free-2-Play/starter Zone. 

Anyway...

The Problem with Resist or Defense is that Cad and Scad are way to Powerful.

I don`t know any other Game that even has or need something like an additional Crit. Bonus. Its just not necessary.

It`s only purpose is to give an additional stimuli on spending $...

So why we have Stuns when there is a Adamant Mind?

Why we have Defense and Resist , Critical Hits and Non Critical Hits -

When all that Matters is the Critical Additional Damage?!

The Answer to that is: balance VS stimuli $

You simply can`t have both.

Edited by Sandyman, 21 May 2015 - 06:37 AM.

#87 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

I don`t know any other Game that even has or need something like an additional Crit. Bonus. Its just not necessary.

Almost every rpg/mmo has boosts to crit chance and dmg.

WoW

PoE

TsW

DS2

D3 is a crit game whore

Tera

Now I'll give you most of these games have soft caps/caps so that there isn't a 100% chance of critting max dmg every time.  Because any game that allowed that would just be silly...

Edit: Forgot the Elder Scrolls games, shame on me.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 21 May 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#88 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

We need soft caps here too....especially on stats like CAD and SCAD.

#89 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

i`m talking about Critical additional damage.

not Crit. chance or damage boost (based on Stats or Weapon)

i could name here easy 10 MMO`s with NO Cad or Scad.

But last Time the Topic got locked.

#90 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

i`m talking about Critical additional damage.

not Crit. chance or damage boost (based on Stats or Weapon)

i could name here easy 10 MMO`s with NO Cad or Scad.

But last Time the Topic got locked.

Yeah I was talking scad also.  

It's not as obvious in other games but for example in ES there is no specific stat for it but if you sneak then crit dmg multiplies by Ex amount.   It might not be called scad but its usually always there.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 21 May 2015 - 11:46 AM.

#91 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

what`s the Point in debating how many Games having Cad/Scad or not?

you simply Prove my Point how ridicules this System became with your Video.

#92 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

yup, every game is absolutely wrong and you are right

should have no scad/cad ever

lets have everyone do 1k dmg on players with 60k hp

BRILLIANT

#93 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

Well you said...

Anyway...

It`s only purpose is to give an additional stimuli on spending $...

So why we have Stuns when there is a Adamant Mind?

Why we have Defense and Resist , Critical Hits and Non Critical Hits -

When all that Matters is the Critical Additional Damage?!

The Answer to that is: balance VS stimuli $

You simply can`t have both.

This point?

D3 is a game based off crits.  Req only semi-adopted this engine.

What works for one game may not work for another.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 21 May 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#94 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

Yeah I was talking scad also.  

It's not as obvious in other games but for example in ES there is no specific stat for it but if you sneak then crit dmg multiplies by Ex amount.   It might not be called scad but its usually always there.

1billion pfft

my crusader is critting 4bil+ when fully procced

#95 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

1billion pfft

my crusader is critting 4bil+ when fully procced

Thats becuase crusader is rightfully op.  Just holy shotgun everything to death >_>

Edited by BloodyHalo, 21 May 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#96 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

My Point with Defense and Resist VS Cad and Scad is

That those should be more in balance.

To argue that in other Games the scales are even more sky rocking don`t mean Requiem should do the same.

What we see now with HP values over 70K HP will lead to calls for more Damage - what will lead to calls than again for even stronger Cash Shop Items like the 40% HP on Stats.

The Players surly don`t profit from such a spiral or do they ?!

Edited by Sandyman, 21 May 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#97 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

My Point with Defense and Resist VS Cad and Scad is

That those should be more in balance.

To argue that in other Games the scales are even more sky rocking don`t mean Requiem should do the same.

What we see now with HP values over 70K HP will lead to calls for more Damage - what will lead to calls than again for even stronger Cash Shop Items like the 40% HP on Stats.

The Players surly don`t profit from such a spiral or do they ?!

No not at all, thats why I said Requiem tried to adopt it, and they failed miserably.  

The resist/def system itself is all F'd up and gravity does not know how to make skills that are moderate and not op.  You paid millions of lant to get a tb resist orn up to 42% resist, and then a random not even op ele comes by and and slices it by 50%.  Same with WL and prot debuffs, good idea just need some moderation.  

If req had started out with a crit based engine then that would be one thing but trying to transform a game that was not crit dependent just further separates the op from the noobies.  

And While I like flattening someone with 2 hits because I am just that cool, I do NOT like being hit by an elf for 6k+ on my over maxed resists...because Reasons.

There should be a clear difference between some players and others, unless gravity wants to re-design the game to be based off of skill like a fps.  But again until gravity learns how to create skills, enchants, mall items, classes, in moderation, and stop this "Hey lets throw a 40% hp increase out there"  or "Let's create a class that is the basic re-incarnation of Zeus" or even "I saw this in another game lets copy THAT and stick it into a game that's been running off an entirely different engine for the past 7 years", nothing really is going to change.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 21 May 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#98 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:46 PM

Amen to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users