Updating irowiki! [ how you can help ] [Classic] - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Updating irowiki! [ how you can help ] [Classic]

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:07 AM

Didn't want to make clutter so I'm recycling this topic.

Basically, the irowiki classic wiki has fallen behind and help is needed updating it. If you had registered an account recently to do so, it will have just gotten approved.

If you want to make an account to edit irowiki you will need that account to be approved, if it isn't caught in a timely manner (or you just can't wait to help out!) you can PM me here on warpportal and I will approve your account .

It would be nice if we could have a topic on the forums to all work together and pull the information needed to put the wiki back in order.

Also donate! It pays for irowiki's server hosting costs, which include ragial and other resources. Details are here

To Oda/the staff:

If you could provide quest details and rewards, this would help a lot in getting the wiki updated in a timely fashion.

Thanks.

Spoiler

Edited by Xellie, 11 May 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

yo

can I get a cleanup on this thread too ty

#3 marvsragna

marvsragna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:24 PM

I wonder why there are no updates in iRO wiki. no new skills and no level 175. I want to see tips on how to level to 175 because bio4 parties are so class racist, I'm leveling my 156 WL now.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

updated, I can now approve new accounts... so lets get this started~!

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:19 PM

I wonder why there are no updates in iRO wiki. no new skills and no level 175. I want to see tips on how to level to 175 because bio4 parties are so class racist, I'm leveling my 156 WL now.

join a guild?

#6 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

I updated the Wiki for something (I don't even remember what) like five years ago.

I demand a cookie.

#7 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

Cool. Got my email I'll look into it when I'm done playing for the day.

I did a Lava Golem turnin earlier and got the following numbers: 969,600 base 581,400 job. That's with just VIP (and however many other weird events we have right now) I have no idea which modifiers stack with them so it's probably just going to be a better idea to get the base numbers from Camp if we can manage it.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

That is what I would like to do.

It could be nice to divide the exp reward table into non vip and vip and manualed values

#9 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:54 PM

Woooah im helpingggggg:

http://irowiki.org/c...Jumping_Janeway

Mostly just trying to familiarise myself with mediawiki because its been a while, but it's a start. I'm not sure if it is the best way to display the Janeway content, because each different step awards different numbers of potions beforehand and the Thara Frog has the elements dialogue etc. But if anyone has any suggestions or wants to go ahead and make changes feel free.

Did you want to make a list of pages to be created or updated and have people post here as they get added or updated?

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

Both! I am sure there are things we are both forgetting, so requests for pages to be created wouldn't go amiss either. People being able to see that the wiki is being worked on is also useful.

Your JJ page looks amazing, are you planning to do the cursed armor quest too? I'm wondering if the two should be linked together in a newbie quests guide (well I guess we need an asgard quests category too)

It could be like a complete getting started / server overview much like your thread.

Edited by Xellie, 12 May 2015 - 04:06 AM.

#11 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:48 AM

I've got wiki editing powers so I'll work on getting the ? marks 

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:55 AM

ty oda

I know its missing a bunch of the quest options too :<

#13 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

Yeah I've got some content for Asgard and I can do the quest armor stuff too.

I'll also send Sansui a message later today and give him some stuff to copy + paste into the Janeway thread that Oda stickied so it's up to date.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:30 PM

ok, just poke me if anymore people want approving, I got cid earlier

I was flipping through random pages today and made a couple of tweaks. Nyd quest etc. Some of the things are so small.

#15 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

http://irowiki.org/c...raining_Village

Modeled it from the other town pages. It could really use a big map with some of the NPC locations (like this: http://irowiki.org/c...berta_guide.jpg) but I'm not sure where the easiest place to get an old Payon map is.

Going to start work on the beginner equipment quest a bit later, wanted to run through a fresh dude and make sure I have all the steps written down properly.

Edit: http://irowiki.org/c...inner_Equipment

Thoughts on that? Still waiting on the last piece from Oda but when it's done I'll update it. It's a bit goofy not having the items to link to in the DB, but that's another can of worms. With all the activity going on with the Renewal side I've been very hesitant to touch anything, there's a ton of stuff I'd like to do but mostly I have concerns about itemids and conflicts. I'll look into it over the next few weeks and see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Edited by Themes, 12 May 2015 - 11:06 PM.

#16 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

Modeled it from the other town pages. It could really use a big map with some of the NPC locations (like this: http://irowiki.org/c...berta_guide.jpg) but I'm not sure where the easiest place to get an old Payon map is.

Updated! Should I add more informations to the map?

#17 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:54 AM

Uh doing the armor/weapon NPCs might be a good idea, they're not suuuuuper useful but they're also not that obvious.

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:43 PM

moving this up to remind me to add these to the frontpage

#19 TsubasaWingz

TsubasaWingz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:57 PM

Edit: http://irowiki.org/c...inner_Equipment

Thoughts on that? Still waiting on the last piece from Oda but when it's done I'll update it. It's a bit goofy not having the items to link to in the DB, but that's another can of worms. With all the activity going on with the Renewal side I've been very hesitant to touch anything, there's a ton of stuff I'd like to do but mostly I have concerns about itemids and conflicts. I'll look into it over the next few weeks and see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Thank you very much for the guide on the Beginner Equipment page, however can you please add into the guide on what the Expended Class characters such as Taekwons, Ninja & Gunslinger will get for the garment part of the quest? If those classes are unable to get anything, perhaps its good idea to place a note explaining such?

Anyway thank you once again for updating the wiki page, Xelli, Themes or whoever has contributed, it is so much easier to refer to the wiki than to look here in this forum for stickied guides on the Strategies and Guide sub-forum or what not.

Edited by TsubasaWingz, 14 May 2015 - 11:58 PM.

#20 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:08 AM

I do have a linker with the Manteau, it gets +100hp. The data is copy + pasted from Odas post so I'm not sure about the rest of the expanded classes. If anyone else knows let me know or feel free to edit it in yourself.

Seems like Cid has been going on a frenzy tidying up a bunch of small things that seem to be annoying him here and there.

I'm considering doing a complete re-write of http://irowiki.org/c.../Leveling_Spots (moving the original to Leveling_Spots_Old or something just incase we want to reuse the content). Mentioning stuff like Janeway, fencers, turnins and the other common options available for people. It's one of those questions people ask a lot and we dont have a very good resource right now laying out peoples options.

Also in a similar vein I've been thinking about doing a page for "Classic custom map spawns" or something similar. Where we can mention some of the cool modified maps we've got that are a bit different from your standard 13.2 spawns, Batholians, various GH maps, Juperos, Sphinx, Bio3 (how gross it is) etc.

I'll look into writing some stuff up for those over the weekend.

#21 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:25 AM

need to get someone with db access, its a mess

#22 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:27 AM

I have access, what's up?

Besides the obvious, there's only so much we can do with what we've got sadly.

Edited by Themes, 15 May 2015 - 01:28 AM.

#23 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:29 AM

remove like 50 renewal only items that are listed to start. lots of wrong descriptions and custom classic drop rates that arnt reflected in the db

and lots of "The item wasn't found in the database". If it's not in there and shouldn't be in there, stop it from being in the drop down menus and searchable

Edited by Rate, 15 May 2015 - 01:31 AM.

#24 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

The way it's currently set up unfortunately that's not something we can control right now. All the data is currently being held in one big table and identified by a column specifying version and each of the three php pages (renewal, pre-re and classic) pulling data and sorting it based on version. There's even a common pool identifier which like 70% of items are under and that makes them show up in all three pages, making any changes to their description require duplication of the item in a lot of cases. It's possible that I can get it to exclude all items that fall under the Renewal version type from searches/dropdowns but I'll probably need some time to test it so make sure I dont break anything/everything.

It's really elaborate and -_-ty, but it's mostly above my head and I'm trying not to break stuff. I already spoke to Jaye and a lot of the Renewal items they've been adding wont be actually openable, but they still show up in searches and the drop downs just end up like you said "Item wasnt found in the database".

I've made a start on adding some of the items we've been missing and have a (quite large) list of more, but I've been hesitant to add things that dont exist in fear of creating itemid duplicates with renewal (not sure if everything is unique across both servers or not). It's very rough going adding them one at a time and possibly asking Jaye if we can get her tool to add things for Classic would make it waaaaaaaaay more realistic. The problem is there's quite a few items with different descriptions/uses between Classic/pre-re/renewal for example here's the Rideword hat:

They're different in all three versions, the Renewal version has its own description and is fine. But the Classic DB is pulling from the common pool that contains "everything" and from memory doesnt even have its own specific version for item descriptions (whereas it does for spawns/drops etc), you'd have to add it to the php and then you need to start to ignore a bunch of things from the common pool or just completely duplicate all the entries and specify them to be Classic only. It's somewhat hard to explain but its quite a mess.

As for the drops it's not an easy one to fix, if you want rough estimates you can set the server rates under Main -> Settings. But any of the custom changes will not be added right now for a few reasons. Mostly, the GMs are not giving out specific data, they're using "Rare" and "Common" and "Very very very rare" which are vague as heck. I've put a lot of thought into how to display those and these are the options I've been looking at:

Change everything (use the data the GMs have provided and update the entire database using their descriptors/drop ranges)

• Ranges, just convert their descriptions and have every item just list their percentage ranges eg Jellopy    50-100%
  • GM Descriptions eg Jellopy     Common (maybe include the range afterwards or a legend else on the page)

Change only what's different from our existing data (so that we maintain more accurate data for anything that hasnt been changed yet)

• Use any of the two options above
  • Just put down ?? for anything that's different

The ranges the GMs have given us are pretty huge (and really dumb) and there's so many random modifiers on the server it's hard to know what to tell people is accurate. Ideally we'd get data that has already had base rates (and the card double drop) factored in allowing people to do their own math for VIP/Gum/anything else. But I really have no idea about too much of it.

There's also the fact that doing any of those options is an ENORMOUS departure from what we've been used to, the game is so old and datamined that we have data for almost everything even down to monster skills, when and how they use them etc. Going from those very clear and specific drop rates to ranges or vague descriptors is a significant step back and I dont really want to make such a big change honestly. I was going to modify a few monsters to show some examples when we finally got better data from the GMs (the data they gave us last didnt contain itemIDs so it was somewhat hard to link the drops with the DB itself, I do think I've found a solution to that, the data is just really out of date right now) to show people how weird it could look.

So that ended up being a lot of words, there's a lot of random weird/annoying stuff with the DB. It's something I've been working on a little bit. I managed to get the spawns working, but the drops and items are another thing entirely. If anyone is interested in looking into it I recommend they send Blue and/or Xellie a PM and ask for access to the Database section of the irowiki forums, I've got a post there of my discoveries and changes. 

Edit: So I had a look and it was worse than I thought, however I think I've figured it out. I changed the http://db.irowiki.or...ssic/item-info/ page and it should no longer show Renewal items in the drop down boxes. I'm going to have a look at the search results page after i have some lunch. If you spot anything that doesnt belong please let me know. There will probably be some items that are incorrectly versioned from before the current push to update the Renewal db and they can be fixed.

Edited by Themes, 15 May 2015 - 02:46 PM.

#25 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

Ok so I *think* I've fixed most of the new Renewal items from appearing for us. If anyone spots anything breaking please let me know. There *will* be items that are Renewal only still appearing, most of those will be from before their recent push to get things added. There will also be items that show up as "not in this database" they need proper Classic descriptions among other things.

Here's some examples of what I was talking about with regards to the updating of item drops. The data the GMs are giving us for any changes they've made in the following format:

• Very Very rare 0.01-0.09%
  • Very Rare 0.10-0.99%
  • Rare 1%-5%
  • Uncommon 6%-10%
  • Common 11%-50%
  • Very Common 51%-100%

They're not very specific and here's some examples of how those changes would look if applied to the DB.

Firstly, here's the poring drop table we have right now:

P4cOWQU.png

Here's what it'd look like if we used their vague descriptors, we'd put a key on the page somewhere I guess:

SUkqoov.png

Here's what it'd look like if we used the ranges themselves:

AGl5TUA.png

We can probably do a mix, where any new data is added using either of these last two formats. But it sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of the data we already have and know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users