Help me assess my Amistr - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Help me assess my Amistr

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Euxaes

Euxaes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:54 AM

Good day! I need help in assessing my amistr whether I should still continue to level him up to 99 or proceed with a remake. I am a returning player and sadly I was not able to save the evolution code should any of you ask for that information.

I only have this current screenshot, this amistr (evolved) is paired with a level 129 geneticist.

bBIg5OR.png

Also, I would like to ask for the process on how to assess homunculus in renewal.

Way back, there's this calculator where you plug all the details from the screenshot and it will compute the stats - you then compare the stats on a certain table and it will say whether you're in good track or not. I think that was way too outdated, so please point me in the right direction. :thx:

#2 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:17 AM

I might be wrong but I have a feeling no one really bothers to make a new homunculus due to "bad" stats. The only reason why you might want to do that - to change Amistr to some other one because it's really painful to train Amistr-based Homunculus S.

Edited by Vehona, 15 May 2015 - 03:20 AM.

#3 Euxaes

Euxaes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:04 PM

Thank you for your input regarding this matter.

Any other people who can chime in? It used to be the norm pre-renewal (at least from my experience) to remake the homunculus if the stats are no good. With the recent maintenance, I'm relieved that they lessened the exp table which makes leveling easier compared to no updates at all.

#4 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:49 PM

Homunculus' attack was a huge thing in pre renewal. It's not as big of a deal in renewal. Only thing I can really think of that is critical is the HP pool.

Moreover, your homun has blood lust. Don't bother deleting it.

Edited by ShoLin, 15 May 2015 - 07:50 PM.

#5 Euxaes

Euxaes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

I'll keep those in mind. I hope when he reaches 99, he would be at par with most of the screenies that could be seen on this forum. I'm actually a bit worried on his SP since from what I remember, it was his weakest link.

On level 99, since my character's already a geneticist - should I still go forth and level him to 150 or change him right away to homunculus S?

I have two geneticists by the way, the other one had a vanilmirth. I just wanted to confirm whether these choices are optimal before I proceed:

vanilmirth -> dieter

amistr -> sera

#6 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

If you dont change to S hp/sp will just get worse and you should consider swapping to amistr>dieter vanil>sera otherwise sera will have even worse time for level.

#7 Euxaes

Euxaes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

Oh, so I got the order wrong then. Thank you for the advice!

#8 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

Amistr -> dieter will have the worst aspd heads up.

#9 Euxaes

Euxaes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

If I go with my original plans (Amistr -> Sera, Vanil -> Dieter), could someone point out what other con/s exist aside from the "ease of leveling" issue.

#10 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:55 PM

A good point about "Amistr -> Sera" might be the fact that if you're going to use Sera for her Pain Killer, Amistr Bulwark is a good addition to extend your protection further.

#11 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:23 PM

There isn't really a con for the Amistr > Sera combo aside the leveling issue. It's pretty much the best homun combo you can get if you're the type of player that values defense; you got Castling for evasion, Amistr Bulwark for a constant +20 VIT if you can keep Sera alive, and Pain Killer.

#12 Euxaes

Euxaes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

Thank you for the replies everyone.

How about vanil -> dieter? Any cons I should be wary about?

#13 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

Only con that I can think of with Vanil is that it doesn't have as much utility as an Amistr in combat.

#14 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:17 PM

vani->dieter is a pretty safe combo and probably the easiest to level. like someone mentioned it doesn't have as much utility as amistr-based but it's pretty well rounded. just make sure you don't do what i did and go vani->dieter, level it to 146 then delete because you decided you actually wanted ami->dieter. :v

Edited by Alaska, 24 May 2015 - 11:17 PM.

#15 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

vani->dieter is a pretty safe combo and probably the easiest to level. like someone mentioned it doesn't have as much utility as amistr-based but it's pretty well rounded. just make sure you don't do what i did and go vani->dieter, level it to 146 then delete because you decided you actually wanted ami->dieter. :v

Ami-Dieter combo still levels a bit faster than Ami-Sera. Taking into account that most AFK-leveling happens at OD2 a Sera's Poison Mist won't affect Orc Skels so it will have to kill them one by one, while Dieter's Lava Slide kills all the types of mobs there.

The hardest part is leveling Amistr (and getting Bloodlust), once you reach Homun S is a little easier. (9-10 levels to gain your AoE is nothing compared to 1-99 with just normal attacks)

#16 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

Ami-Dieter combo still levels a bit faster than Ami-Sera. Taking into account that most AFK-leveling happens at OD2 a Sera's Poison Mist won't affect Orc Skels so it will have to kill them one by one, while Dieter's Lava Slide kills all the types of mobs there.

The hardest part is leveling Amistr (and getting Bloodlust), once you reach Homun S is a little easier. (9-10 levels to gain your AoE is nothing compared to 1-99 with just normal attacks)

Do you even know what level you get poison mist or are you talking about Dietier?

#17 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

Do you even know what level you get poison mist or are you talking about Dietier?

My bad....I could have swear I read PM was unlocked at level 110...but it's actually 116....

Meh...still easier than leveling Amistr 1-99...plus you finally get an attack skill in Needle of Paralysis.

#18 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:57 PM

No it isn't, I own a level 114 sera

Needle is crap with low aspd, it'll constantly get locked up.

Edited by ShoLin, 26 May 2015 - 08:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users