Can you change the maximum value of shop to 1billion at least - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can you change the maximum value of shop to 1billion at least

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:52 AM

Please support this topic, if you agree with me

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

Oda has told kRO multiple times they would like this update asap. it's not a tech support issue.

#3 ReMont

ReMont

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:Myself

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

Yea, getting a variable's maximum value to a billion is a hard thing. Kinda like how youtube servers went down a year ago because a certain video got more than a billion views. The server might not be able to handle a 64-bit integer yet. I'm not sure about RO's server though.

In addition to this, if they implement to "billion zeny" trades, they will likely need to modify character design and let it handle more than 2 bill zeny.

[I'm just taking on a "programmer's" point-of-view.]

#4 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:11 AM

Oda has told kRO multiple times they would like this update asap. it's not a tech support issue.

So that change must by approved by kRO? At least we need put a deadline for that task. That's almost everyone want

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

kRO already has the vend limit increase it's just a question of when they give it to iRO. Oda has let them know multiple times that this is one of the key things players want.

#6 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

Yea, getting a variable's maximum value to a billion is a hard thing. Kinda like how youtube servers went down a year ago because a certain video got more than a billion views. The server might not be able to handle a 64-bit integer yet. I'm not sure about RO's server though.

In addition to this, if they implement to "billion zeny" trades, they will likely need to modify character design and let it handle more than 2 bill zeny.

[I'm just taking on a "programmer's" point-of-view.]

1) Handling 64-bit integer isn't a hardware problem. Almost all programming language support 64-bit integer now.

2) the maximum of character is also a simple change. 

If we assume RO's implemented by 32bit integer, the maximum zeny of each character should be less than 4b(2 ^32 close to 4*10^3*10^3*10^3)

RO only need change the 32bit integer type for both variable to 64 bit integer (4b*4b) and set the new maximum in the if statement. That's a 10 seconds change of typing less than 10 letters and digits. Then, everyone happy.

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

1) Handling 64-bit integer isn't a hardware problem. Almost all programming language support 64-bit integer now.

2) the maximum of character is also a simple change. 

If we assume RO's implemented by 32bit integer, the maximum zeny of each character should be less than 4b(2 ^32 close to 4*10^3*10^3*10^3)

RO only need change the 32bit integer type for both variable to 64 bit integer (4b*4b) and set the new maximum in the if statement. That's a 10 seconds change of typing less than 10 letters and digits. Then, everyone happy.

If you'd taken 5 mins to search the forums, you'd have seen I've already explained this numerous times.  You can't just flip a switch somewhere and its magically done.  Its gotta be changed in many places both server and client and also has to be ensured that it doesn't revert in some future update.  Next time look before you leap.

Edited by Inubashiri, 18 May 2015 - 09:37 AM.

#8 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:29 AM

I think Necrohealiac may answer the question. It is obiviously easy for technical part. But just need approved by kro. That's really sad. Seems endless wait
ing.

I knew someone already asked. But I want that problem can be concerned and solved.

Anyway, thank you for the reply

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

wait why is this being dumped to me? :U

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

If you'd taken 5 mins to search the forums, you'd have seen I've already explained this numerous times.  You can't just flip a switch somewhere and its magically done.  Its gotta be changed in many places both server and client and also has to be ensured that it doesn't revert in some future update.  Next time look before you leap.

You know, I've had to re-do the backend SQL structure for a live database before, and while it is not fun, and is quite tedious, its worth doing in a case like this one. So why a database and software developer in Korea can't re-do the db structure to 64 bit, and then go through the game code updating everything to be able to access the new structure, in a sandboxed environment, test the hell out of it, and then throw it up on a sakray to be tested, then after a good amount of testing, apply to the main server environment over an extended maint. It sounds like a lot for ZENY, but, they could think of it as helping to futureproff the game in the same way renewal was. Allowing bigger numbers and such everywhere in the game.

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

Packet structs have to be updated, client and server.  NPCs that have the zeny max check have to be changed, the future guild zeny thing (if we ever get it) has to be changed.  Buying stores have to be unlocked from this and again packet structs change, vending same thing, trades.  Thats all without specifying DB changes.

#12 avenger12345

avenger12345

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

JRO and KRO already have 1b vending limit I don't see why IRO can't have it. It will save a lot of player's time and decrease frustration in trading. Unless there is some conspiracy reason you don't want this on IRO I don't see whats the problem. Of course things need to be updated, but that is not an excuse or reason to talk to your paying customers.

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

JRO and KRO already have 1b vending limit I don't see why IRO can't have it. It will save a lot of player's time and decrease frustration in trading. Unless there is some conspiracy reason you don't want this on IRO I don't see whats the problem. Of course things need to be updated, but that is not an excuse or reason to talk to your paying customers.

So...."Of course things need to be update"...."but thats not an excuse"...  Ahem, you ever buy a game at the store and it says you need min XYZ requirements...most likely the reason is our server build/sources don't meet the min requirements yet.

#14 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

wait why is this being dumped to me? :U

I just like your answer. So... nothing else

#15 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

Packet structs have to be updated, client and server.  NPCs that have the zeny max check have to be changed, the future guild zeny thing (if we ever get it) has to be changed.  Buying stores have to be unlocked from this and again packet structs change, vending same thing, trades.  Thats all without specifying DB changes.

I never get the change to read the source code of RO. If i assume the design is fine, this maximum value should be a constant. And anywhere else get the value from this constant. If so, even you have one thousand pieces of code related to this value, you only need change the constant. Yes, the DB will be a big deal.

#16 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

So...."Of course things need to be update"...."but thats not an excuse"...  Ahem, you ever buy a game at the store and it says you need min XYZ requirements...most likely the reason is our server build/sources don't meet the min requirements yet.

I like the word "update". But every update has a deadline. Most of us who love this game want to know "when"

We are on the same side, aren't we? to make the game better.

PC game is definitely different from a online MMO, especially a classic MMO exists more than 10 years.

Updating the game according to the new requirements which requested by players again and again, which is the top concern of most players is the necessary, isn't it?

It seems useless to discuss the technical difficulties already solved by Kro and Jro.

The simplest and most powerful answer is a date when players can get the new maximum limit of 1b in Iro

#17 avenger12345

avenger12345

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

Buying a game in a store is entirely different than paying montly for a MMORPG. That is a very bad analogy. If your servers are outdated or can't handle changes that could benefit customers then its not the customer's problem. If services are unsatisfactory the sane choice would be to stop paying. How is that good for business? If you refuse to listen to genuine suggestions then whats the purpose of this section of the forum?

#18 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

Buying a game in a store is entirely different than paying montly for a MMORPG. That is a very bad analogy. If your servers are outdated or can't handle changes that could benefit customers then its not the customer's problem. If services are unsatisfactory the sane choice would be to stop paying. How is that good for business? If you refuse to listen to genuine suggestions then whats the purpose of this section of the forum?

Sigh...Nobody even pays for this game monthly, what decade are you from.  Its obvious you don't know enough of what you're talking about or understand what I was trying to convey.  When you build software, updates and such may or may not be backwards compatible, hence if some updates come into the server/client builds before others it could break other things.  If you had taken 1 min to run a forum search you'd have answered your own questions.  Refusing to listen?  People can listen and explain why or why not its not possible atm, if you refuse to listen to an answer you don't like, don't bother asking the question.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

This update has been requested and requested and requested from kRO for a long time.  Again if you had taken the time to search on it, you'd know that.  Again its a heavy lift to bring our systems to be compatible with theirs on bigger under the hood updates.  All I can reason is there are updates that have to happen before this update for it to not completely break the game.  The same with software, updates have to be in sequential order sometimes, if not most times, you don't just get update XYZ ahead of update ABC.

@avenger12345: Next time post on your main account.

Edited by Inubashiri, 18 May 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

I like the word "update". But every update has a deadline. Most of us who love this game want to know "when"

Obviously don't understand how the developers (kRO) works. They don't care how many players want their server updated, they'll give us updates whenever they feel like it. Gravity is the main reason why official servers like iRO are crazy outdated and why the game itself has struggled to attract and retain players for years. Unless you start learning Korean and rant about problems on the kRO forums, there's not much we can do about it since any significant changes to iRO has to be approved by kRO.

#20 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

@avenger12345: Next time post on your main account.

Inu dropping bombs

#21 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:43 PM

Didn't oda already state somewhere that we are getting the update when/after we get the rebellion update.
Like people have already stated, the vend update is probably packaged with another update, and can not be sent from kro as a stand alone update.

#22 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:29 AM

The funny thing is that iRO did briefly have a ~1b vending limit (I think it was around 9-10 years ago?), but it was later reduced to 99m again.

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

Can't say I dun know a lot about this fancy R.O. back end but; if my own per-son-Al experiences have teached me something then systems dun designed over a decade ago require more effort to change em up.

It also stands to my reason'an that there is no real reason as to why they would re-write somethang made that long ago which has probably dun build up many years of basketti code.

But thems just be my reasons ^_^

#24 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:20 AM

The funny thing is that iRO did briefly have a ~1b vending limit (I think it was around 9-10 years ago?), but it was later reduced to 99m again.

probably after the next update they received from kRO that reverted the changes? :U

#25 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

I feel like I remember this happening.

I think it was more like 4-5 years ago.

Edited by Jaye, 19 May 2015 - 05:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users