Can you change the maximum value of shop to 1billion at least - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can you change the maximum value of shop to 1billion at least

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

probably after the next update they received from kRO that reverted the changes? :U

Necrohealiac, I saw you are paid by IRO for post? If so, I believe you can be the bridge between players and IRO. You know we are all waiting for doubtless reply without the question mark. Hope we can see that change in the next patch note. :pif:

#27 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

haha that's just a forum title based on what your post count is. your title is "I made it off topic"

#28 avenger12345

avenger12345

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

Sigh...Nobody even pays for this game monthly, what decade are you from. Its obvious you don't know enough of what you're talking about or understand what I was trying to convey. When you build software, updates and such may or may not be backwards compatible, hence if some updates come into the server/client builds before others it could break other things. If you had taken 1 min to run a forum search you'd have answered your own questions. Refusing to listen? People can listen and explain why or why not its not possible atm, if you refuse to listen to an answer you don't like, don't bother asking the question.

That kind of hostile tone is no way to talk to paying customers. And people do pay monthly for VIP and whatever new Groove or Lucky boxes you guys come up with, and the occasional Enrich upgrade event.

Don't try to tell me how things work unless you have a part of developing the game.

This update has been requested and requested and requested from kRO for a long time. Again if you had taken the time to search on it, you'd know that. Again its a heavy lift to bring our systems to be compatible with theirs on bigger under the hood updates. All I can reason is there are updates that have to happen before this update for it to not completely break the game. The same with software, updates have to be in sequential order sometimes, if not most times, you don't just get update XYZ ahead of update ABC.

The funny thing is that iRO did briefly have a ~1b vending limit (I think it was around 9-10 years ago?), but it was later reduced to 99m again.

I feel like I remember this happening.

I think it was more like 4-5 years ago.

If what they say is true, then its only up to speculation that somehow warpportal do not want this on IRO.

And if you are representing them you are giving a very bad image. If you can't act professionaly don't bother to reply at all.

#29 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

haha that's just a forum title based on what your post count is. your title is "I made it off topic"

Then, how can we get in touch with iro? 

#30 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

Then, how can we get in touch with iro?

The publisher or the community? iRO can mean either.

#31 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

That kind of hostile tone is no way to talk to paying customers. And people do pay monthly for VIP and whatever new Groove or Lucky boxes you guys come up with, and the occasional Enrich upgrade event. Don't try to tell me how things work unless you have a part of developing the game.

If what they say is true, then its only up to speculation that somehow warpportal do not want this on IRO. And if you are representing them you are giving a very bad image. If you can't act professionaly don't bother to reply at all.

Why Iro want to block that? Do they benefit from that?

#32 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

The publisher or the community? iRO can mean either.

I mean the people who work on iro updates. So they can know this need be included that in recent updates

#33 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

That kind of hostile tone is no way to talk to paying customers. And people do pay monthly for VIP and whatever new Groove or Lucky boxes you guys come up with, and the occasional Enrich upgrade event. Don't try to tell me how things work unless you have a part of developing the game.

if you've been paying attention you'll realize that inu is actually a volunteer programmer for iRO.

If what they say is true, then its only up to speculation that somehow warpportal do not want this on IRO. And if you are representing them you are giving a very bad image. If you can't act professionaly don't bother to reply at all.

odds are this was an iRO change that was reverted when the next update was received from kRO that did not contain the vend limit. that's a very plausible explanation. unless kRO provides the actual vend limit update to iRO, every subsequent update kRO sends is likely to revert any iRO side changes, resulting in throwaway work and a waste of time for everyone involved.

#34 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

If what they say is true, then its only up to speculation that somehow warpportal do not want this on IRO.

What it means is that iRO tried to change it on their end and a kRO update reverted the changes since we technically didn't get that update yet. iRO not putting the vending limit back themselves was likely because kRO found out and scolded them. So now we have to wait for kRO to give us the actual update.

I mean the people who work on iro updates. So they can know this need be included that in recent updates

The iRO team are well-aware players want the update, but they're not the development team, kRO is. So it's up to kRO to give us the update, iRO can't do anything on their own outside of quests and events. Everything else requires approval from kRO.

#35 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

I feel like I remember this happening.

I think it was more like 4-5 years ago.

Ragial's records going back to January 2009 have a maximum price of 99990000, so it's probably a bit earlier than that.

My (unreliable) memory thinks it happened during the early days of iro.snipah.com, possibly predating even the short-lived Tom's RO Shopper (~2006).

#36 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

I've already stated that Oda and the iRO team are aware of the community's desire for this update and let kRO know about this every time they talk so you can rest assured. it's all in kRO's hands now.

Ragial's records going back to January 2009 have a maximum price of 99990000, so it's probably a bit earlier than that.

My (unreliable) memory thinks it happened during the early days of iro.snipah.com, possibly predating even the short-lived Tom's RO Shopper (~2006).

omg iro snipah. it sounds familiar for some reason >>

#37 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

I am a volunteer developer, I'm not affiliated with Warp Portal....Got that?  Okay next, your first post since you created that account is, "Of course things need to be updated"...."but thats not an excuse".  This tells me you don't care what the answer is despite it being the correct one and repeated over and over in the topic.  I have intimate knowledge of the under the hood stuff due to what I help WP with.  Now for the threat part of your post, whether you pay or don't pay has no meaning to me, that is of course your prerogative.  The fact you're saying "no excuses", "I pay for stuffs" is really childish.  So I say to you, if you can't accept reality, don't bother asking questions like this especially when someone answers you that knows what they're talking about and you reject it for a nutty conspiracy theory. 

#38 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Please note, when we banned Assassinfist, it wasn't an invitation to post more. The reason why we don't have this update has been explained. If you refuse to accept this explanation that's your business, but if you are here to antagonize I'm going to have to ask you to hit the bricks, Avenger12345/Wheatsword/AssassinFist/NukeDuke/gsgszsss .

#39 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

PLOT TWIST.

#40 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:27 PM

Please note, when we banned Assassinfist, it wasn't an invitation to post more. The reason why we don't have this update has been explained. If you refuse to accept this explanation that's your business, but if you are here to antagonize I'm going to have to ask you to hit the bricks, Avenger12345/Wheatsword/AssassinFist/NukeDuke/gsgszsss .

that's an entire basketball team!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users