Is it possible to enchant my gear without spending real money? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is it possible to enchant my gear without spending real money?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dEnkk

dEnkk

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

Hello community!

I'm a Dragonica player from germany and over here we were able to buy enchantment insurance scrolls for gold in the market which were logically bought by another player before.

But now i've noticed, that there are no insurance scrolls in the market of Dragon Saga, so now i'm wondering if there's any option to enchant my gear to a higher level than 4.

Don't guess me wrong, i would spent real money but only for things as costumes and so on.. from my past in Dragonica i remember that you need hundreds over hundreds of insurance scrolls and that would simply be to expensive (for me), so i want to buy them with gold. 

So what can i do now? Am I right if I say, that there are only two options: 1. buy scrolls with money or 2. if you don't want to do that, you have to play the game without enchanting or not more than +4?

Oh and one question left: Would you say that this version of Dragonica/ Dragon saga is also going to be closed in the near future or are there still enough players etc? 

Edited by dEnkk, 17 May 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#2 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

There is another way to get insurance scrolls. In center of Port of the Winds (Wending Machine) you can change 20x "[Silver] in-Game Gacha coins" for 1 scroll (either Enchant Insurance scroll or Reinforced Enchant Insurance scroll). You can also "buy" IM from other players, but that always contains certain risks. 

Also, you can enchant items up to +8 without item breaking.  :thumb2:

#3 dEnkk

dEnkk

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

Oh, okay, thanks man! :)

thats cool man, in germany the limit for enchanting without scrolls were +4 :D

+8 would even be enough for me, i love the blue glow :D 

Edited by dEnkk, 17 May 2015 - 11:22 AM.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

Oh and one question left: Would you say that this version of Dragonica/ Dragon saga is also going to be closed in the near future or are there still enough players etc?

There are no plans from WarpPortal to close this last official Dragon Saga server. At the moment it's totally the opposite. Player base is growing again and Gravity US (WarpPortal) is in taking over process of development from the original developers from Gravity Korea.

Also, you can enchant items up to +8 without item breaking.  :thumb2:

It should be noticed that if the enchanting over +4 is not successful, the item enchant grade falls down to +0 again and you have to start over. But it's correct that it doesn't break. After reaching +8 it most likely breaks without using insurance scrolls.

thats cool man, in germany the limit for enchanting without scrolls were +4 :D

It was the same in Germany. I also played in Germany until the closing last year and I also ran around with higher enchanted weapons without the need of insurance scrolls.

However, I am glad to welcome you to our server and our community!

Hope to see you in-game.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 17 May 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#5 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:31 PM

It should be noticed that if the enchanting over +4 is not successful, the item enchant grade falls down to +0 again and you have to start over. But it's correct that it doesn't break. After reaching +8 it most likely breaks without using insurance scrolls.

Hope to see you in-game.

You only break after level enchance of 10. Hope to see you in-game too

#6 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

You only break after level enchance of 10. Hope to see you in-game too

Nope, it is actually +8 and above. :p_smile:

Poppie is right wit that.

An item can (will) break after failing to  enchant to +8 and above. 

I broke some items already, by forgetting to put in the IS and hitting +8 with enchanting failure.

So I made the experience already.

Btw, this is even what the DS Wiki does tell. If you want to have a look yourself.  :p_smile:

http://ds.irowiki.or...hantment_System

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

There are means (Silver Coin Vending, Occasional Events, etc.) to get free Insurance.

At best this will get you +15 gear as Re-Insurance for 16 and beyond are usually not given.

+8 is the limit before stuff gets destroyed.

+4 is the limit before stuff gets sent to +0.

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

There are means (Silver Coin Vending, Occasional Events, etc.) to get free Insurance.

At best this will get you +15 gear as Re-Insurance for 16 and beyond are usually not given.

+8 is the limit before stuff gets destroyed.

+4 is the limit before stuff gets sent to +0.

Also the reinforced Insurance Scrolls can be aquired at the Vending Machine.

#9 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:15 PM

How comes that you can break your equipment at level enchance of 8? I did twice to +10 without insurance scroll (no monster card). And I don't trust wiki where information is not precise

#10 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

I feel as if enchanting above +5-6 without insurance will waste more resources than actually using the insurance.

Buying IM off other players is a way some players build up to full legend+20 without having to drop a dime.

#11 AnimeSucks

AnimeSucks

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:the second one

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

There are no plans from WarpPortal to close this last official Dragon Saga server. At the moment it's totally the opposite. Player base is growing again and Gravity US (WarpPortal) is in taking over process of development from the original developers from Gravity Korea.

Now that you mention it, do you know how that's going? Is there a thread keeping us updated with that? I'm curious.

#12 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

Now that you mention it, do you know how that's going? Is there a thread keeping us updated with that? I'm curious.

Last time I asked Popcorn this it was really in the dark. Popcorn is a VMod which means even he has information restricted to him.

#13 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

No one mentionned the fact that insurance scrolls are way cheaper on this server than on any other that may have existed : 100 IM is less than 1$, whereas the equivalent was worth about 4$ if I recall right.

#14 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

No one mentionned the fact that insurance scrolls are way cheaper on this server than on any other that may have existed : 100 IM is less than 1$, whereas the equivalent was worth about 4$ if I recall right.

Maybe no one mentioned it because this is not the right topic for talking about that :)

#15 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

Given the price of IM items (in gold equivalent) seems to be affected by their USD value, why, yes it does. Enchant insurance scrolls were 'worth' more than 100g each on the french server due to this.

Here it's 50g at most ; how is it not related to this topic ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users