Weekly Screenshot contest brainstorming station - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Weekly Screenshot contest brainstorming station

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

Hello there Rosarians! I want to get a weekly (bi-weekly?) Screenshot Contest started and wanted to pick your brains about some of the particulars:

-What kind of Categories?

-What kind of Prizes would be appropriate?

-Should this be conducted on the forums, or on facebook?

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:54 AM

Catagory: themed

weekly 200IM [worth of items] / bi-weekly 500IM [worth of items]

Forums, use official resources. 

#3 Fir3Lord

Fir3Lord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Aura

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

i would say use forums and facebook, cause most people, like my friend only checks facebook, so i can probably say it's like this for many other people as well. should be a fair advantage for all.

the prizes feuer said seems reasonable, would definitely attract more attention to events, and possible more activity on the forum as well.

every week should be a specific topic (landcape theme, action theme, advanture theme)

#4 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

-What kind of Categories?

-What kind of Prizes would be appropriate?

-Should this be conducted on the forums, or on facebook?

What Kind of Categories?

- All kind :)

What Kind of prizes would be appropriate?

IM ;)

Should This be coducted on the forum, or on facebook?

Forums :D

#5 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

+1

(if it's on facebook i'll boycott it :) )

#6 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

doesnt happen often but i agree with feuer :ok:

#7 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

Find my location, take a picture in game crop it to a certain point and see who can post the correct location first.

example:

Spoiler

25 to 300 Item Mall Points

Any medal, to lower priced box

Forums 1 week, Facebook the next would be fair I would think, those that join us in the forums have a chance and those that only use facebook have a chance.

#8 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

Find my location, take a picture in game crop it to a certain point and see who can post the correct location first.

example:

Spoiler

25 to 300 Item Mall Points

Any medal, to lower priced box

Forums 1 week, Facebook the next would be fair I would think, those that join us in the forums have a chance and those that only use facebook have a chance.

BREEZY HILLS BRIDGE EASY :P such game would be easy for me i know most of rose out of my head, i know its sick xD

Edited by angeltje, 18 May 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#9 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:46 PM

Theme:

"What`s going on here?!"

Explanation:

Visit some nice Places or Monsters in Game and try to create a Scene 

(with more than 1 Player or/and NPC in the Screen-shot)

example:

Spoiler

next you paste some balloons:

Example:

Spoiler

after:

Sent the [CM] a Private Message with the Screen-shot (or the link to it) so he can choose every Week one the Screen-shots for the Forum.

last:

Forum Users have to fill the balloons with Words or/and Emotions and post the Screen-shot of the Week with their own lettering under the weekly Screen-shot.

The CM`s or Players have to decide than which one became the most Funny,Scary or lovely Situations.

example:

Spoiler

#10 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:07 PM

One idea would be make screenshots related to whichever event is currently running http://forums.warppo...vent-schedule/

That would also call attention to each event, since I'm pretty sure a lot of players never realize we have something going on unless they happen to get an event drop while farming and question what that item is for.

I like the idea of taking a ss and then having everyone try to guess where that spot is and submit ss of themselves in the spot as proof that they found it.  That can be fun and challenging as long as the picture is cropped enough so that the answer is not so obvious. Would also want to be sure that some locations are from the Junon planet so lower level players can participate but also the other planets for the high lvl people.  I know a million hiding places so I'd be happy to help with that :P

It might also be fun to have some sort of "best dressed" contest or funniest costume contest or funniest hat/hair. Maybe one could be about vehicles or ways to travel in Rose.  There could be one where the screenshot must have a theme and let the player decide which theme they want to show.  You could have a contest for best action ss with two catagories- one for pvm and the other for pvp. There are probably others but those are the ideas that come to me atm.

As for where to post, I think it almost has to be both at the forum and on FB. I'm not a big fan of FB personally, but you will be missing a big part of the Rose community if you don't at least post that there is a contest with a link to the forum topic. The idea is to get as many players as possible involved. But I do think that the actual contest itself should only be here at the forum. Hopefully that will cause some players that don't normally check the forum to at least come here for the contest each week/month etc.

#11 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

theme: meet your Rose-friends at your favorite spot?

Edited by iMatt, 18 May 2015 - 03:15 PM.

#12 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

One idea would be make screenshots related to whichever event is currently running http://forums.warppo...vent-schedule/

That would also call attention to each event, since I'm pretty sure a lot of players never realize we have something going on unless they happen to get an event drop while farming and question what that item is for.

I like the idea of taking a ss and then having everyone try to guess where that spot is and submit ss of themselves in the spot as proof that they found it.  That can be fun and challenging as long as the picture is cropped enough so that the answer is not so obvious. Would also want to be sure that some locations are from the Junon planet so lower level players can participate but also the other planets for the high lvl people.  I know a million hiding places so I'd be happy to help with that :P

It might also be fun to have some sort of "best dressed" contest or funniest costume contest or funniest hat/hair. Maybe one could be about vehicles or ways to travel in Rose.  There could be one where the screenshot must have a theme and let the player decide which theme they want to show.  You could have a contest for best action ss with two catagories- one for pvm and the other for pvp. There are probably others but those are the ideas that come to me atm.

As for where to post, I think it almost has to be both at the forum and on FB. I'm not a big fan of FB personally, but you will be missing a big part of the Rose community if you don't at least post that there is a contest with a link to the forum topic. The idea is to get as many players as possible involved. But I do think that the actual contest itself should only be here at the forum. Hopefully that will cause some players that don't normally check the forum to at least come here for the contest each week/month etc.

HoneyBunnies, You'd win that every day of the week tho. 

#13 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

Theme:

"What`s going on here?!"

Explanation:

Visit some nice Places or Monsters in Game and try to create a Scene 

(with more than 1 Player or/and NPC in the Screen-shot)

example:

Spoiler

next you paste some balloons:

Example:

Spoiler

after:

Sent the [CM] a Private Message with the Screen-shot (or the link to it) so he can choose every Week one the Screen-shots for the Forum.

last:

Forum Users have to fill the balloons with Words or/and Emotions and post the Screen-shot of the Week with their own lettering under the weekly Screen-shot.

The CM`s or Players have to decide than which one became the most Funny,Scary or lovely Situations.

example:

Spoiler

Cutee indeed :)

+1

#14 Sparx

Sparx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:jonssonite
  • LocationNorway
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:22 AM

Category:
Landscape

Showing off the best parts of the Seven.

Would photoshopping be allowed in the contest? I'm thinking small adjustments like blurring and re-focus effects. Not too big things like adding new stuff in there.

#15 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:36 AM

Cutee indeed :)

+1

thanks! a more easy Way to make this happen:

VMods collect Screen-shots from the Game

CM`s post it on Forum (with balloons) and Players fill in the lettering.

#16 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:20 AM

I see a lot of good ideas here. As for Facebook vs. Forums, that is a tough one. I would like to see it kept to the forums myself. Perhaps this will bring more people there.

#17 Sparx

Sparx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:jonssonite
  • LocationNorway
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

I see a lot of good ideas here. As for Facebook vs. Forums, that is a tough one. I would like to see it kept to the forums myself. Perhaps this will bring more people there.

I vote for keeping it on the forum, but mentioning the competition on facebook for those who doesn't keep an eye on the forums.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:31 AM

So:

Hold the actual competition on the Forums.

Announce it on Twitter/FB/Forums and in-game notices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users