5/20 Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

5/20 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

Event

Spotlight on Rachel! Since Classic has double exp by default the spotlight event will buff drops from Rachel-area monsters.

Memorial Day Weekend Event!

2012 Talk Like a pirate day quest returns! The guide to this quest can be found here. This event is open to 

players level 50 and up and will be ingame for two weeks. 

Update

Tierra Gorge badge rewards have been increased! The VIP/non-VIP rewards have been upped to win/lose 20/10 if VIP and 15/6 if non-VIP.

Bug

Magic Eyes Headgear will be made properly tradable

Cursed Manteau is now storagable

Magic Eyes Headgear is now non-account bound

#2 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

First. Excited for maint!

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

• bg fixes
  • challenge dungeon

#4 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:03 PM

Some of this, perhaps?

And Tam [1]? ^^;

Edited by MizunoAoi, 18 May 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#5 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

Hi Oda, I saw you read my PM about the drop percentages, do you think you could weigh in on that somewhere? I'm sure a lot of people would like to see accurate drops for the server considering how many changes we've had both published and unpublished.

How long before we start to see interesting things happening on Classic again, are you almost done with Thor cleanups?

Is Santa leaving this week? The exp buff too?

Also while I'm here on the ground floor:

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:43 PM

+1 accurate drop data please

#7 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

PvM AR scrolls are fine with me!

I'd be fine with that.

If you guys are planning to implement the AR boxes make sure these work the old way(capped with axes and maces)

stop ndl give ar scrolls pls

Ar won't make a difference to the competent/competitive scene. As Xellie said, it could offer a benefit to lone Heros.

Ar/aar does not stack with impressive riff.
Impressive riff on a proper clown is more effective.
Impressive riff can't be dispelled and ar/aar can be.

Aar scrolls shouldn't exist ever. I can see valid points for ar, especially for pvm. Benefits in woe would be moot. (Unless they mess up and make it stack with riff, lol)

We need more pvm fun things tbh

Just to be clear, I'm actually fine with AR scrolls so long as they're PvM-only.

You finally responded with:

Ok.

So:

Oda, what is the status on Adrenaline Rush Scrolls?

Update first post regarding this matter please.

#8 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

AR scrolls yes, but cheaper marriage?!?!!?!?!?!? maybe?!??!?!!? C: C: C:

also will ID3 be kept in with the rachel spotlight? the hw/scholar factory is nice

#9 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:18 PM

Emo rage about nobody wanting to party with my perma mage :( lol

(looking for party!)

#10 Nokia909

Nokia909

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:51 PM

just a passing normal player.

is there any chance to remove Halo*headgear drop from Angeling?

correct me if im wrong the drop rate is same as the card 0.01.

so i already got 1 Halo*headgear from Angeling.feel a bit depressed W-W about it* and i dont want a second Halo*.

if cant remove it maybe change the drop rate of the Halo from 0.01 to 5% maybe? or add a slot on the Halo ....or even change Halo to other poring-ish headgear.

ignored if un-interesting, take note if its usefull.

thanks.

#11 Wingz89

Wingz89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

Can we have the Kafra Stacker to stack those awful stacks of Job Manuals from the most recent Lucky Box please?

#12 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

I want a aar scrolls, don't misquote me rangu :@

#13 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:24 PM

I have a bugged character for which I sent a ticket. I was told it was taken care of but I have no news from it for a month now. I pmed you my ticket number Oda but you didn't read my previous pm :( so please check it when you have some time. Thanks.

#14 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:26 AM

ID3 TI + Rachel spotlight = yummy

#15 Khayura

Khayura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

Please make Magic Eye Item tradeable! :)

#16 FistFullOfSoup

FistFullOfSoup

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Reality

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

As a Janeway Junkie, I made a new archer class character and noticed something about the Cursed Manteau.  It says Critical +10, but when my character put it on their Critical only increased from 2 to 3.  Is there something about how Critical is calculated that I am missing or is this a bug?

I'm curious when we'll get more of these armor pieces.  They're really nice for new players that don't have a lot of zenny for awesome gears.

#17 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

ID3 TI + Rachel spotlight = yummy

Agree  :p_love:

Please make Magic Eye Item tradeable! :)

This please! All of mine are on my slave priest account. :c

#18 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

ID3 increase spawn rate please :)

#19 Meiji

Meiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

ID3 doesn't need spawn rate increase, it just needs more parties not sitting at the entrance. Pulling for those parties is no fun when all the titans group up at the top with a dozen gazetis in the way. That said I don't mind if it gets included in the Rachel Spotlight. Double titans would be pretty insane.

Minor thing, but the server is still advertising April Lucky Baskets. 

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

Please remove the erroring Tierra NPC so that it is easier to organize battlegrounds nights.

• Explaining which npc to use every night is annoying

Please increase the Tierra Rewards to match Flavius. (currently 6/10 compared to 10/20)

• People actually fight in Tierra because there is no fear of being disconnected by the OP guardians, also as teams are randomized, this pretty much guarantees combat, compared to Farmvius.

Please alter the way respawning works in battle after death to prevent disconnections.

• Currently, if you die at the same time that the respawn npc will warp you out, you will disconnect. Require speaking to an NPC or do not spawn the players on the portal.

Please reduce the damage dealt by guardians in Flavius

• This could actually make it fun.

Please consider a shouter NPC with a cooldown (even if limited to certain accounts) so that Battlegrounds can be announced live to the server.

• Self-explanatory

A shouter NPC is definitely do-able (and less upkeep than giving out megaphones). What would an appropriate cooldown be between broadcasts? 

We can also increase the rewards this week. 

For the guardians....it would also reduce the power of WoE guardians as well. We're not able to create separate BG only guardians. 

#21 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

For the guardians....it would also reduce the power of WoE guardians as well. We're not able to create separate BG only guardians.

i think people would actually welcome this change. weren't guardians way strong in classic woe?

#22 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

i think people would actually welcome this change. weren't guardians way strong in classic woe?

They are kind of. This will be a highly debatable topic. My opinion is it to just remove them from woe all together, lol. I don't want to log in to pvm during woe.

The flip side is they can be used as a valuable asset for defense, but that also causes more free Econ. Precasting on the door with guardians has been proven to be less effective then holding a choke. Some prefer holding the door with guardians still, which is understandable.

Anyways, I'm at the "I dont care" stance for guardians because what I would prefer won't happen (for good reason) anyways.

Edit: it is unfortunate that the guardians can't be separate. In bg there will never be assumpt for tanking guardians. However, in woe assumpt will be on for a certain amount of time to help reduce damage (until dispel/times out).

For "balance" purposes... If making guardians more bare able does happen, I would suggest leaving eske alone and just reducing the base atk of guardians (to like ~half). Obviously, this is just what I would do if the general consensus is to nerf guardians.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 19 May 2015 - 12:14 PM.

#23 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

A shouter NPC is definitely do-able (and less upkeep than giving out megaphones). What would an appropriate cooldown be between broadcasts? 

No less than 30 minutes and only at that amount if you can check to make sure that theres at least <x> players in BGs waiting for a game to start. Having anyone walk into BGs every <y> minutes and get the server to spam "<player> wants to start Battlegrounds, head over to Tierra now!" constantly is going to get really old fast, especially if there isnt actually anyone there, it wont take long for nobody to respond to the messages.

Cool on the rewards increase.

I dont really want to get into the WoE guardian argument here so I'm going to say this. It's not a good change if you're only making the change to make Flavius more interesting. It's a pretty dumb BG regardless and this wouldnt make people more interested in it. Focus on Teirra right now because it's what people want. If we want to look at giving Flavius an overhaul later that's fine.

Edit: I'm not 100% but I think they probably *can* separate them it's just they share IDs. I'm not sure if there's any hardcoded properties for them, but it seems like you could duplicate them using any of the spares Hans collected and have a BG specific guardian.

Edited by Themes, 19 May 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#24 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

Flavious overhaul would be awesome. If this actually happens I would love to help design it. There are so many good pvp oriented things to do with objectives.

Also, you guys should fix KVM and let it give out bg badges.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

I would consider 2 options with BG shouter

1/ Global access with a 15min cooldown

and/or

2/ one activated by approved acc IDs with a 5 min cooldown. This way it allows for sometimes evil necessary more verbose messages, such as "Flavius has just bugged out, please wait 15 mins", or "We are using the ____ room, join us!" I always feel shy to "spam" the megaphones, but sometimes it is just necessary to get things rolling.

Good on the rewards, this will make people very happy. Remember, it is Tierra that needs buffing.

Guardians, well the change would be mostly pointless if the respawn bug isn't fixed. But I honestly have to say eff the woe 2 guardians, they one shot a lot of classes w/ eske (which wouldn't be as much of an issue if we didn't have some of the insane classic specific gear that increased player damage a lot) they are also increased in damage because of stray investments in defense in unoccupied castles. Tho people may not agree with me, I have no affection for WoE 2 guardians as the population is too low on this server for one shotting people with an NPC to be justified. Now if we had a healthy population they would be fine. Guardians shouldn't be able to 1 shot 1/0 of any guild. #my2cents

There's also an AI problem with the guardians, where their AI can bypass portal immunity. (their agro doesn't reset once they have targeted one player) tldr; I think they are dumb.

This does however raise an interesting question on if guardian AI can be made to replicate bg guardian AI in WoE. Being able to place guardians without being gkicked would be interesting! (it would be a case to severely nerf them).

Unless of course you mean they have WoE 1 guardian stats (could you replace them with those?) which changes everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users