Overhaul of the profession system ! - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Overhaul of the profession system !

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 McPikachu

McPikachu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:50 AM

Hello everyone,
I would like to suggest a few improvements to the profession system, following the new policy on multi client (which made this system much more difficult. :parel: )
When I speak of "improvements", we must understand by this "rebalancing", and obviously not "make it easier")
I post this here, rather than to open a ticket because I want opinions of the comunity !

First, the gathering :

- In my opinion, raising the level of our profession is far too long (about 40 gatherings for 1 exp...).
I take this opportunity to point out that what is stated on the wiki is false: "1 mastery point is gained every 17 gathering attempts."(http://ds.irowiki.org/wiki/Professions)
I therefore propose to gain 1 mastery point every 15/20 gathering !

- Add to this the fact that the gathering animation is very long (a little less than 11 seconds between the time we presses on W, and the time the resource comes in our inventory)
In addition to these 11 seconds, add up to 2 seconds of unnecessary animations (when the character jumps into the air or wipe his forehead), that waste lots of time in the long run. And this especially for fishing!
I do not deny that it forces me to use third-party programes, to cancel these animations and to accelerate the harvest...
This makes the fatigue points difficult to exhaust (I still talk to gathering only!)
I therefore propose to change the gathering time to 8/9 seconds, and to remove the end of gathering annimations.

I realize that the change I am asking are important for this reason, I will not criticize (yet) the resource drop rate  :Emo_13: 

Second, the crafting :

I do not have plenty of blame to do about this, but there are some specifics that I would like to improve.
- The XP we earn through crafting is less and less important when crafting level increases, and even if we use highest level recipe (300, 400 etc ...)
This encourages players to only farm resources on the 100 area (waiting to farm on 400 and 500 area), because the crafts are more useful (Cards, Soulshifts, Enchantshifts, Options expander... grade 2 for IM stuff, when almost nobody uses crafted items  on Lv.30-59 stuff), and give the same xp.
I propose to increase the xp received when crafting higher-level recipe.

- The way to get [Lv.X Soulcraft Expander/Soulshift/Enchantshift Insurance Scroll], is too random. This makes them very rare, and therefore we can practically never reach the Option Expand X2.0 by expample (Everyone stops to X1.2).
I therefore propose a separate recipe for these Insurance Scrolls, or just to remove them from the game, replacing them with normal Insurance scrolls (as it is the case for Enchantshift!)

I know that it is not possible for your team at the moment to make some changes, and if this is the case for these proposals, thank you to keep this topic carefully, so all of this is not forgotten.
As always, I tried to be as clear and complete as possible.
Thanking you in advance for giving me your opinion (positive/negative, constructive and detailed comments), and to the developpers team, to consider these proposals!  :Emo_12: 

Greetings, Aurorepure !  :magician: 

#2 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

I'm sorry but I disagree with most of what you said. 

I don't think it takes too long to raise your levels in professions and I think the gathering speed is good as it is. Back when the skills were separate there used to be IM items that made gathering quicker, so it would be better to have such an item back in the IM some day.

Production is somewhat tedious when going from 400 to 500, but not terribly so. The only thing I want is to be able to sell produced items to merchant. (The items even have prices but still can't be sold...)

The insurances, I think the way to get them is okay but the problem is that you get so darn few of them each time. 

#3 McPikachu

McPikachu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

I'm sorry but I disagree with most of what you said. 

I don't think it takes too long to raise your levels in professions and I think the gathering speed is good as it is.

Production is somewhat tedious when going from 400 to 500, but not terribly so. The only thing I want is to be able to sell produced items to merchant. (The items even have prices but still can't be sold...)

You have surely enjoyed the multi-accounts to increase your proffessions, if not, you would not say that.
I just do these proposals in a context where the character is ALONE to increase all his proffessions Lv.500, and be able to craft more easily.
I speak not only to increase the level of proffessions but craft grade 5+ items. What has become Extremely difficult when you can not farm with 2/3 characters and craft with 1 or 2 different ...
We have only 20,400 instead of 81,600 fatigue points (20,400 x 4), And I would not even notice the reappearance of the "Gathering fatigue reccovery drink" in the Cash Shop, which comes just few days after the multi-account ban policy...
I am the first person claiming meritocracy and if I gave myself the trouble of creating this topic, it's certainly not because I want take advantage of this nerf.
I really think that this nerf must be compensated on the other hand because this part of the game has become too difficult.
If nothing changes, then everyone will continue the multi-account, and use third-programes to overcome this disadvantage!

#4 Rossbach

Rossbach

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

Alrighty then macroer.

#5 Prockzone

Prockzone

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:06 PM

You have surely enjoyed the multi-accounts to increase your proffessions, if not, you would not say that.
I just do these proposals in a context where the character is ALONE to increase all his proffessions Lv.500, and be able to craft more easily.
I speak not only to increase the level of proffessions but craft grade 5+ items. What has become Extremely difficult when you can not farm with 2/3 characters and craft with 1 or 2 different ...
We have only 20,400 instead of 81,600 fatigue points (20,400 x 4), And I would not even notice the reappearance of the "Gathering fatigue reccovery drink" in the Cash Shop, which comes just few days after the multi-account ban policy...
I am the first person claiming meritocracy and if I gave myself the trouble of creating this topic, it's certainly not because I want take advantage of this nerf.
I really think that this nerf must be compensated on the other hand because this part of the game has become too difficult.
If nothing changes, then everyone will continue the multi-account, and use third-programes to overcome this disadvantage!

Well, I did neither multiaccount nor using macros or anything like that. But I have to say that the gathering skills are brought on 500 in no time. The production skills are a bit more demanding but since there are fatigue restore potions in the shop it takes even less time. Additionally, there is nothing bad about using multiple accounts as long as its just for Pow Farm. There are by far worse things you could do with 4 characters being logged in at the same time.

The crafting system is the last "bastion" against the fast paced lvling since it does take some time and is not done in 1-2 weeks as Lvling to 85 might be. So just enjoy it :p_smile:

#6 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:03 PM

Actually, you're completely mistaken there. I have only ever used two characters for gathering and production, both on the same account. No multiaccounting and no macros.

As Prockzone already said, reaching 500 in gathering skills does not take all that much time. Production is a bit tedious, especially going from 400 to 500.

I think the gathering part is fine as it is. For Production, I would like to remove fatigue. Producing items at Midas should not reduce your fatigue.

Edited by Laburey21, 21 May 2015 - 08:36 PM.

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

Additionally, there is nothing bad about using multiple accounts as long as its just for Pow Farm. There are by far worse things you could do with 4 characters being logged in at the same time.

"Nothing bad" is not quite correct. This depends on how you consider abusing in this case.
I just want to remind you of the new multiclienting policy from February, 26th.

The policy was put in place to prevent players from severely abusing multiple clients.

These are players who have clearly created a large number of accounts and characters just for

the sole purpose of auto gathering in Port of Winds Farm.

The policy will be changed to affect players using multiple clients for abusive behavior in Port of Winds Farm.

http://forums.warppo...sion/?hl=policy

So always be careful how many clients you use on the PoW farm at the same time. 

Also a general reminder: Regarding WarpPortal's account policy, the usage of unapproved third party tools (for starting multiple clients, cancelling animations or to get any unfair advantages over other players) is generally not allowed for all WarpPortal titles.

Thank you.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 21 May 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#8 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:03 AM

Having multiple lvl.55 characters can allow you to gather materials with one of them and craft with the other.

And I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this :

doesn't make any sense. Please refer to the "slippery slope" logical fallacy.

#9 McPikachu

McPikachu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

I think the gathering part is fine as it is. For Production, I would like to remove fatigue. Producing items at Midas should not reduce your fatigue.

Having multiple lvl.55 characters can allow you to gather materials with one of them and craft with the other.

Precisely, I note that the gathering on a single character is too long, too few resources received, and is struggling to finish his points of Fatigue!
Conversely, the craft uses fatigue too quickly! And especially compared to what he report as xp!

Well, I did neither multiaccount nor using macros or anything like that. But I have to say that the gathering skills are brought on 500 in no time. The production skills are a bit more demanding but since there are fatigue restore potions in the shop it takes even less time. Additionally, there is nothing bad about using multiple accounts as long as its just for Pow Farm. There are by far worse things you could do with 4 characters being logged in at the same time.

Ahah! Thank you to show that I'm right! You did have no difficulties to increase your proffessions with "4 characters being white logged in at the same time". This kind of thing is forbidden now, and I'd love to see you reach Lv.500 in 8 proffessions with an unique character! In your opinion, how many months it would take ? I'm sure you do have no idea...

#10 Prockzone

Prockzone

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

Ahah! Thank you to show that I'm right! You did have no difficulties to increase your proffessions with "4 characters being white logged in at the same time". This kind of thing is forbidden now, and I'd love to see you reach Lv.500 in 8 proffessions with an unique character! In your opinion, how many months it would take ? I'm sure you do have no idea...

1. I did not say that I multiclient (I never did and I never will multiclient). I just stated that I do not mind the fact that people are doing it for crafting purposes (without violating the Terms of Service of WP).

2. See what my main characters production looks like. Everything you see below has been achieved without multiclienting but with crafting of one character.

Production%20System.png

Edited by Prockzone, 22 May 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#11 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

Quoting a wise man :

"This requires what most people lack these days : planning and stamina."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users