Taking Bets - For The Next Server Crash xDD - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Taking Bets - For The Next Server Crash xDD

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

We should get Oda and Camp to take the bets. No server crash for the next 1 month or every +9 gears gets upgraded to +10. :3

need a +10 bxb and gbr here ;_;

+10 BXB and GBR!!

#27 KardinLouis

KardinLouis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • LocationWhen There's A HAMMER, There's ME !!!!
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

+10 BXB and GBR!!

I'd be happy if they make all my +9's to +10's if v have another down time/crash  :ani_money:

#28 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

At the rate we were getting handed compensation for that last downtime, i honestly wouldn't mind more extended downtimes.

#29 KardinLouis

KardinLouis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

At the rate we were getting handed compensation for that last downtime, i honestly wouldn't mind more extended downtimes.

But id say the comps that we get are minimal jus to keep us quiet, may be some conspiracy is going on  :ani_swt3:

*Imagination - Our Worst Nightmare !!

#30 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

But id say the comps that we get are minimal jus to keep us quiet, may be some conspiracy is going on  :ani_swt3:

*Imagination - Our Worst Nightmare !!

Well if the compensation for being down for 2 days = 2x exp, i wouldn't mind it being down for a week for 7x exp.  Spooky machine was kind of fun too.

#31 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

Holla !!~

What are the chances that the server will crash again by/before the weekend due to *ISP/Network* Issues & The chances of it happening every day from next week ???  :heh:

Taking Bets For Em !!  :yawn:

These "Network issues" they are having as far as the server randomly going down lately is NOT because of their hardware.  It is because some dingbat thinks it is cool to DDoS the server.  This being said it is a Federal Crime and can be punished with 5+ years in prison + cost of lost profits.

Warpportal has to simply have the FBI initiate a investigation which is free.

#32 KardinLouis

KardinLouis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

May be i was the only one ingame not to try the spooky machine  :ani_swt3:

But more exp/drops are always welcome  :ani_slur:

#33 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

May be i was the only one ingame not to try the spooky machine  :ani_swt3:

But more exp/drops are always welcome  :ani_slur:

it was kind of fun trying to get a strawberry in mouth and ending up with a bunch of extra merit badges, bmx3's, and hugel medals.  Just ended up buying the stupid strawberry afterwards.

#34 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

These "Network issues" they are having as far as the server randomly going down lately is NOT because of their hardware.  It is because some dingbat thinks it is cool to DDoS the server.  This being said it is a Federal Crime and can be punished with 5+ years in prison + cost of lost profits.

unless the attack is coming from overseas. probably more likely than not.

#35 KardinLouis

KardinLouis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

Well actually its possible to get back to who ever is trying to DDoS the server. Atleast i should say lets be happy that they are not trying to go for a Injection[Which may have already been done] considering the amount of dupes and a few extra glitches that people seem to be reporting. There are ways to mitigate from DDoS but not sure if WP has the required security team for this. I remember getting hit with around 58GBpS of data per node from around 90 nodes at my data center. Took us a few hours to organize. TBH all it takes are a few machines or BotNets to help these kids do a DDOS on our server with a 24MBpS line.

unless the attack is coming from overseas. probably more likely than not.

Its true the Feds cant assist if its over sears. But if it does indeed gets escalated, then who ever is doing this is going to be literally crying. Apart from a few specific country's Node/IP/Machine's. The rest can be used to fabricate all the data they need IF it was a BIG time Federal crime tho.

*Imagination - All Uncle Sam has to do is go "Knock Knock, Some1 From Your Country Has Taken My Stuff" =  Pretty Much Screwed Up [ As I Said Peoples Worst Nightmare]

#36 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

Well actually its possible to get back to who ever is trying to DDoS the server. Atleast i should say lets be happy that they are not trying to go for a Injection[Which may have already been done] considering the amount of dupes and a few extra glitches that people seem to be reporting. There are ways to mitigate from DDoS but not sure if WP has the required security team for this. I remember getting hit with around 58GBpS of data per node from around 90 nodes at my data center. Took us a few hours to organize. TBH all it takes are a few machines or BotNets to help these kids do a DDOS on our server with a 24MBpS line.

Its true the Feds cant assist if its over sears. But if it does indeed gets escalated, then who ever is doing this is going to be literally crying. Apart from a few specific country's Node/IP/Machine's. The rest can be used to fabricate all the data they need IF it was a BIG time Federal crime tho.

*Imagination - All Uncle Sam has to do is go "Knock Knock, Some1 From Your Country Has Taken My Stuff" =  Pretty Much Screwed Up [ As I Said Peoples Worst Nightmare]

True, anyone can go to a site, insert IP and bam, crappy ddos attack.

Being a PC gamer for 10+ years I have personally seen people go to jail over stupid things like DDoS on smaller communities.  Needless to say it can and may happen to the perp in question.  It is up to WP to take the action on this one.

#37 KardinLouis

KardinLouis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

But then, these issues have popped up very recently. Am sure v din used to have these problems before,, Even if something did happen we will have a proper rollback. But now we really cant blame WP too, either they are already overwhelmed with the current tasks which as far as i can see are behind schedule. Les hope they fix em up. That will be my bet tho. 

As they cant go around trying to arrest every single kid who is trying to get rich or *CRASH* trying over here.

#38 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

kardin is no longer taken bets.

#39 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

My prediction for the next server crash: 23 may 2015 at 0645 pst.

#40 Kuyami

Kuyami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

The next attack will start like 6:05 pst, when the "... has opened okolnir" message comes up.

#41 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

It's so cute when people think that America's domestic legislation would be enacted or even considered on an international scale. It's extremely rare to see collaboration like that even over incidents of terrorism, let alone a few basement dwellers attacking WP because they're butthurt over Thor.

Also must remember that everyone but America hates America, and thus find excuses not to cooperate. It's much more than just simple incompatibilities between legal systems!

#42 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

stop DDOS-ing the server bruh :(

#43 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

stop DDOS-ing the server bruh :(

tin-foil-hats.jpg

#44 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

Also must remember that everyone but America hates America, and thus find excuses not to cooperate. It's much more than just simple incompatibilities between legal systems!

Unless your the Prime Minister of New Zealand, he finds excuses to cooperate :D

#45 Kuyami

Kuyami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

tin-foil-hats.jpg

Reposting from guild forums:

oqinhi.jpg

xcueys.jpg

evdl7b.jpg28u5ume.jpg

105w2g4.jpg

.... I blame waiting time between dcs :ani_swt3:

#46 KardinLouis

KardinLouis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

kardin is no longer taken bets.

Psst we can still make good money  :heh:  . But you no giving my cut  :ani_money:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users