[C] How do you level at Anubis? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[C] How do you level at Anubis?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

I hear a lot about it, but I've been down on Sphinx 4 and 5 and my fencer mercs get slaughtered in under 30 minutes.  I bring about 50-100 merc pots but they heal so little it doesn't seem to help much.  I hear these stories of 100 million xp an hour, how do I pull this off?

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

Don't mob too much (3 Anubises max unless you want Wayne to start stunning from SB and instadying), keep your Merc buffed + Aspersio'd, take more Merc Pots, turn off Bash in the AI (stick to BB).

That's really all there is to it.

#3 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

Trying to do it with a bard so no asp, etc.  Will take more pots though.  About how many should be enough for a couple of hours down there?

#4 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

Pick up some Aspersio scrolls from the Cash Shop and carry some Holy Waters as catalysts. Take as many Merc pots pots as you can, with a ratio of 3:1 (Reds:Blues) and as many Merc Zerks as you think you'll need till you're at 89%. If you want to be down there for several hours you'll either need to bring a Kafra Card to restock, or set up a Merch in the center of Sphinx 4 behind the water with a cart full of pots and log it off till you need it.

It might also be worth it to log your Priest off in the same place, or have it autofollow your bard for full buffs to your Fencer when necessary. Would also negate the need for Asp scrolls.

As with most hardcore grinding efforts it will take some prep, but it pays off immensely.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 22 May 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

watch xelliekins ;3

http://www.twitch.tv...lie/b/659149244

#6 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

they used to kill anubis with turn undead isnt it better? Nvm i think i am too outdated :P

Edited by vividort, 23 May 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#7 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

they used to kill anubis with turn undead isnt it better? Nvm i think i am too outdated :P

It's not outdated but reserved to priests or monks with Grand Cross. For everything else there's Ma...Wayne the mercenary.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

I carry 120 reds 30 blues 100 fly wings and a hide clip.

I dont aspersio or anything

#9 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

To add on, don't pop bm 3x until your like level 30 or so (vip). Once things like pasanas stop giving you a level per kill pop the BM. As long as pasanas give you a level per kill or even 50%+ per kill I focus on kill thing them and ignore anubis. Fencers are much cheaper then bms, so it helps to avoid wasting bmx3 time. So it looks like no bmx3, focus mino/pasana/sidewinder/w.e. Once pasana doesn't give you a level per kill pop bmx3 and continue to focus pasana/mini/sidewinder until they give you less then 50% per kill. Then start focusing anubis after this point. Killing pasana and stuff is still useful if there is a big mob or w/e. 

If your doing a quick 1-70ish/80 or job 50 you don't need aspersio. If you really want it (it does help speed things up alot) then I would recommend dual logging a priest. You do NOT have to auto follow. Instead just keep the priest logged out. Once you need aspersio + buffs simply log the priest in and gwing. Make sure the scene is safe and aspersio, then log the priest out.

I don't really bring more then 20 blue merc pots per bm. Rarely I will run through all of the blues and I'll actually just pop another wayne. Reds are much more important.

Helpful tips... You can use merc pots well wayne is stunned. You can only use potions out of hide status. Typically after the mob goes to wayne I'll remove hide so that I can pot for the merc. If this is going to be a "serious" character then do the max weight up scroll box BEFORE going down so you can carry like 300 fwings, 170+ merc reds, 20 merc blues and w/e gwings. 

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 24 May 2015 - 01:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users