PLEASE TELL ME THEY CHANGED BACK THE SPIN IT BEAR! - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

PLEASE TELL ME THEY CHANGED BACK THE SPIN IT BEAR!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 pwh589

pwh589

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:56 PM

Me and my friend quited dragonica a long time ago because they changed the "Spin It Bear!" attack.they added a cast time to it and it just ruind the fun in the knights gameplay...did the change it back??!!??

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

Hello,

no, and it won't be changed back. The addition of cast time to "Spin it bear" was a neccessary balancing for PvP purposes.

Only thing we changed back was the shared cooldown between "Spear Jab" and "Cross Cut".

If you need instant casting in PvE you just have to skill "Time Reverse Aura" after "Paladin" Jobchange and you can instantly cast "Spin it bear" in PvE gameplay while this skill is active.

Sorry to disappoint you.

-Popcorn

Edited by VModPopcorn, 22 May 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#3 pwh589

pwh589

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:30 AM

first of all thanks for answering.

cant you change it only in the PvE?

#4 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:53 AM

I don't think there is possibility for this.

It is possible to alterate a Skill's damage and range during a PvP match (I mean, because of the specific "Effect" to each Class, I don't know if you see what I mean*, anyway), but I don't think its "data" (CTime, Re-CTime,... [and Effects?]) can be changed.

Spoiler

Edited by Rainnowx, 23 May 2015 - 03:00 AM.

#5 pwh589

pwh589

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:54 AM

well im a programmer and I pretty sure that if they want to they will be able to.lets just hope they want to...

#6 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:26 AM

Well I just can't understand why the cast time should be removed. You can already cast instant bear with lvl1 Time Reverse, so I dont see any problems with that. At least I did not have any troubles below lvl42 with the bear.

#7 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

Well, as a dragoon, practice pvp is ok but in battle square and emporia war, I feel so powerless like a movable rock and while Earth Master keeps summoning, buffing reflecting damage, draining mana, spamming X. It seems dragoon as a melee has no chance to resist. Statically, most players play as Earth Master, Destroyers and Invoker. I don't see where the balance point is since barricade is also restricted.

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:00 PM

first of all thanks for answering.

cant you change it only in the PvE?

In PvP some skills are only blocked, but the skill effects can't be changed separately.

well im a programmer and I pretty sure that if they want to they will be able to.lets just hope they want to...

First of all, we are not able to make client wise changes at the moment. However, this would not be a client change, but as I stated above, this skill won't be changed. It has been discussed by the staff and we came to the decision that the Korean developers had a reason for this change. We all are the same opinion, that many nerfs were senseless or useless, but this one has a reason. 

Regarding the skills of the Dragokin classes, it is already in discussion who they can be made fairer for PvP without "killing" the classes in PvE.

#9 pluumy

pluumy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:29 AM

is there a reason why time reverse is allowed in pvp, but restricted in EW and bsq? 

#10 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:50 AM

is there a reason why time reverse is allowed in pvp, but restricted in EW and bsq? 

Yes, I guess so.  :p_smile:

Maybe it's about unfair advantages or something.

Yes, there are other classes with unfair advantages too - I agree on this. But I assume this something that will be changed - or at least discussed already. The staff made so many changes so far, I guess all the ones that were possible on their level of skill right now. 

But maybe this particular skill is one of the skills that got labeled as "makes sense how it is now", like the "spin it bear skill"...

However if the Warpportal staff decides to go for some more skill "adjustments" I would expect a topic/question set up by Poppie for this to ask the community about it. At least that is what he said in another topic. So maybe just wait for this to happen.  :p_smile:

#11 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:02 AM

As for the Time reverse, I believe you could lock an opponent for a few hours with reduced cooldowns, without even trying. As a Sorcerer, I can at least say that a 2s cooldown on Emblem of fire is overkill, not even talking about freezes and the like.

#12 Zaydes

Zaydes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

As for the Time reverse, I believe you could lock an opponent for a few hours with reduced cooldowns, without even trying.

Good point. Using time reverse will allow someone to get locked just by using cross cut and broom. Time reverse shouldn't be allowed in pvp either.

#13 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:17 AM

Good point. Using time reverse will allow someone to get locked just by using cross cut and broom. Time reverse shouldn't be allowed in pvp either.

doesn't matter, pallies can perma lock ppl with their X/Z combos.

#14 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

doesn't matter, pallies can perma lock ppl with their X/Z combos.

Hell, cross cut and spear jab both have a short enough cooldown to be chained together with a few hammer crushes. Even without time reverse. X/Z combos with Shield Bash are used as additional stuns and damage and Pallies have good default X/Z speed to pull the combos with little to no attack speed bonus. A Paladin can hold a target infinitely on the ground. This was also possible when those two skills shared a cooldown through stuns and X/Z combos.

Spin it Bear is almost unnecessary really. With prediction you can catch people blindly dashing into you, even with a cast time, and then follow with a cross cut and get a free combo or lock.

Pallies are quite efficient at catching without Spin-it Bear anyways.

#15 Valcrein

Valcrein

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

hello,

i have played dragoon/dragonknight class since the paris chapter,

i just comeback to play DGN few days ago. basically, i think ill just play for fun and pve, but i find dragoon is almost reduced to ashes even in pve.. LOL

i quit and comeback to play so many times, and every time i comeback to play, dragoon is always nerfed

time rev, revenge, armor break, cross cut, spear jab, and now sword dance, barricade and spin it bear.. i wonder what next

if u wan to balance the pvp, please think about pve..

its ruined the fun in pve, its become harder before lv42, yes u can still get "no cast bear" back after lv42, BUT it cost u a lot of mp potion. Lv1 time rev is enough to no cast bear, 15mp/sec.. BUT no way u will keep ur time rev only lvl 1 forever. after lvl53 it will be 27mp/sec and it shld be active the whole time, toggling is pointless.. here is about my last pve : selling loots from pve for 10g, but cost 12g for 2 stack mp pot + repair cost.. pretty efficient huh ?

barricade is restricted in pvp ? tell me why mana shield + spamable slow heal r not.. LOL

its almost every single skills of dragoon alrd nerfed or restricted in pvp with "balancing" or "adjustment" alibi. yet, people still always said dragoon is OP no matter how u nerf it.. and then other skill will be nerfed in the next patch. this game shld change name from "Dragon Saga" to "Dragon Baka". LOL

well, just randomly spit out my opinion here.. :D

#16 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:44 PM

PVP balancing in any game is very finicky. Trying to take into account how it impacts people's play styles, how it won't impact them, what it does to other content in the game. It's a mess. I agree that some skills should be changed, and some particular ones should and shouldn't be allowed in certain places, etc. But when it comes down to it, it's because it will benefit the way I play, and may not be the best idea overall.

My two favorite classes are invoker and dragoon. That's what I played in IAH, and what I immediately made when I came over here, teaching my best friend to play her dragoon. I was very annoyed that she couldn't cure my quagmire with barricade in pvp, and the shared cooldown (thank Zaros this was fixed) turned me from the class itself. I don't like pvp (only do it to teach my friend tactics and such) but a lot of classes were hurt by the changes and a lot were helped by it.

My biggest qualm with the game now is how broken Evade rate is. As a PVE player, when I was soul crafting my gear, I was excited to see evade popping up a lot, as I never had a chance to have monsters miss me in the old server. As a level 82, with my evade capped for a mage, the level 75 monsters I'm killing in DV F6 NEVER miss me. I've been considering redoing my gear, going for lolINT instead of evade ad my 4th stat, because at least that tiny amount of magic attack (and more expensive awakening/resurrect) won't be a useless stat for me.

Anyways I digress from my rant. Skill changes are a toss up, they have positive and negative changes, and it's all we can do.

#17 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

Time reverse was taken out in bsq and ew because the buff was shared amongst teams making it imbalance. Back then we would have ninja and pally teams where we just dagger spammed the objectives. A lot of changes were made before element damage was a problem or introduced. The changes haven't shift back ever since to balance out what elements could do in pvp. In terms of barricade healing wasn;t really the problem but the super armor it provided was way too overpowered especially in situations where you have to chase the pally/ If you have never faced a pally with movespeed stacked in barricade then you wouldn't really understand. 

In terms of pve the changes to spear and crosscut made a huge difference also you can still cutdown or aerial smackdown into a storm blade and bear still links after a successful stun from stun hammer. Pallies aren't that weak as you guys make it out to be, it's just that every other class is better. As long as pallies can kill after one catch whether you choose to lock or not it can't all be THAT bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users