iRO GM Facist Team Strikes Again - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

iRO GM Facist Team Strikes Again

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

How's this for annoying? A friend lends me his GTB shield so i can farm a certain something. Said friend has already had his account searched over for 'duped' items. He actually had one item removed, but the GTB was passed over and confirmed as legit.

But because its on MY account, and im borrowing it... suddenly i get the shield jacked off my account with a nice little Big Brother message from the GM team telling me that the shield was acquired through illegal means. Now i have to go through this tedious process when the MvP card/dupe situation is already annoying.

Thanks for stealing away my saturday of farming, GM team. i really, really appreciate it.

( ಠ ಠ )

Edited by VModCinnamon, 24 May 2015 - 11:22 PM.
Replaced inappropriate gesture.

#2 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE TO THE NEW AGE TO THE NEW AGE

#3 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

Your friend could have lied. If not, I hear ya.

#4 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:59 AM

is it so hard to get something done right the first time? this is becoming way too frequent.

#5 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

That GM was nice.Last time,a GM logged in my char (i was sitting in town) and temp banned me .The gm removed one of my gear with no notice,i was so mad.

#6 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

Maybe you still have the shield? And want to keep it, and think this will convince your "friend" that the GMs took it!

It's an easy fix. Reset the servers. All duped items will be gone~

#7 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

Maybe you still have the shield? And want to keep it, and think this will convince your "friend" that the GMs took it!

It's an easy fix. Reset the servers. All duped items will be gone~

yea to bad it'd take about an hour for them to redupe all the items.

#8 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

im surprised when they do maint that they dont check all the chars for dupes >.<

#9 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

im surprised when they do maint that they dont check all the chars for dupes >.<

as far as i know they do it manually, maint would never end. :V

also your ts name is still gross

#10 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

How's this for annoying? A friend lends me his GTB shield so i can farm a certain something. Said friend has already had his account searched over for 'duped' items. He actually had one item removed, but the GTB was passed over and confirmed as legit.

But because its on MY account, and im borrowing it... suddenly i get the shield jacked off my account with a nice little Big Brother message from the GM team telling me that the shield was acquired through illegal means. Now i have to go through this tedious process when the MvP card/dupe situation is already annoying.

Thanks for stealing away my saturday of farming, GM team. i really, really appreciate it.

( ಠ ಠ )

dont use duped shet...
maybe your friend still has the legit version

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 May 2015 - 12:26 AM.
Edited quote.

#11 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

dont use duped shet...
maybe your friend still has the legit version

His friend still has the GTB shield keep box.

#12 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

not likely, i run a fairly known guild and im not about to destroy my connections with people over a digital item. also i wouldn't have received a message at 5am from "Nikolai" (wtf is this, resident evil?) of the gm team telling me that he jacked it.

#13 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

Do you have screenshot of your's email that show th GTB is legit ?

#14 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

that's the thing, it wasn't ever my gtb to begin with. my friend trusted me with it and i would always, always pass it back whenever he wanted it. the trust was tight. i know at first he probably screenied me, which is to be expected. but after a while he knew i wasn't going to stiff him and stopped taking screenies, then formatted his computer >_<

and i never felt the need to take screenies myself because it wasnt my shield. and i also think he got it a long time ago, like back in ymir or something

#15 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

that's the thing, it wasn't ever my gtb to begin with. my friend trusted me with it and i would always, always pass it back whenever he wanted it. the trust was tight. i know at first he probably screenied me, which is to be expected. but after a while he knew i wasn't going to stiff him and stopped taking screenies, then formatted his computer >_<

and i never felt the need to take screenies myself because it wasnt my shield. and i also think he got it a long time ago, like back in ymir or something

Gm pmed u right? Did u take a screenshot ? just send him the screenshot lol

#16 Miochuwaan

Miochuwaan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

After reading everything, i gotta say that the whole story smells fishy. Why not just screen the conversation with the GM as proof? And if your friend had the shield for such a long time, why did this happen now? There were lots of times where GMs smoked out duped items. Like i said, kinda fishy...

#17 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

After reading everything, i gotta say that the whole story smells fishy. Why not just screen the conversation with the GM as proof? And if your friend had the shield for such a long time, why did this happen now? There were lots of times where GMs smoked out duped items. Like i said, kinda fishy...

the only reason it smells fishy to you is because you dont know every detail, and im definitely not about to explain all that lmao.

i did screenie it though, and i sent it to my friend too (the message from the GM). he sent in a ticket too and the whole thing actually got handled today already. he was reimbursed w/ the gear and stuff that he initially traded for it.. but the gear now is worth like half of what it was back then -_-

as for the length of time, he had it since the latest merge from ymir/valk/ygg. the duping was apparently already in existence back then? i dont know.

the thing thats weird to me is that the duped gear that he had lost the first time was a +13 fury. one of the gears they reimbursed him with for the gtb was... you guessed it, the same fury only cardless. and when he lost the fury the first time upon discovering dupe, they passed over the shield.

but suddenly when i find a really good way to make zeny with it, all of a sudden its a duped gear and has to be destroyed. if anything is fishy, it's that.

#18 Foring

Foring

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:52 AM

well thanks for these threads, now I know what to think when I am in need of WPE.

#19 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:46 AM

Looks like GMs have had hell lot of problems recently. Dupes, bugs and so on.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:46 AM

lol

inb4 items from previous servers seem to have "no origin" and are considered dupes.

#21 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

It can't be that old, someone is lying.

Just edit out the GMs name and post it here.

I have had things vanish because they were duped and the GM team never messaged me or anyone else that I know when this happened.

Not saying you're lying about the GM pming you, but you should post proof if you;re going to make a thread like this.

#22 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

It can't be that old, someone is lying.

Just edit out the GMs name and post it here.

I have had things vanish because they were duped and the GM team never messaged me or anyone else that I know when this happened.

Not saying you're lying about the GM pming you, but you should post proof if you;re going to make a thread like this.

Fine fine, here ya go - the first message:

Greetings,

We would like to inform you that our team removed the +11 Valkyrja's Shield of Deaf from your character [Edit'd Out]. Based on our investigation, the item has been obtained through illegal means and must be removed from the game. Rest assured that any item or zeny that has been traded for the shield will be restored. Please respond to this ticket with the amount and screenshots of the zeny/item that was traded for the shield.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
-snip-

And the last and only other message i received:

Hello,

Please be informed that the Valk Shield of Deaf was obtained through illegal means, however, it was initially obtained by another account then it was traded to your friend's account, without your friend knowing that the item was not legit.

The items that were traded for the shield has been restored on your friend's character. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose all the information regarding this incident due to privacy concerns. However, if you have other questions, just let us know.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

-snip-
WarpPortal Support Team

Edited by VModCinnamon, 24 May 2015 - 12:58 PM.
Removed name. When posting ticket content make sure to omit GM names.

#23 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

from my understanding he obtained the shield either right before the merge or right after it (ymir/ygg/valk --> chaos)

it's just stupid that they check'd his account once for duped items and failed to take the shield the first time.

Edited by Fuuton, 24 May 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#24 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:23 AM

they accidentally deleted legit items, it can't really be surprising that they let some actual duped ones by.

#25 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:08 AM

OHHH 

So you're friend had a legit GTB...

He then let "you" and i would assume others, borrow said "legit" gtb and duplicate it.

In return his "legit" gtb became 1 of many gtb's with the same string values?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users