[Suggestion] Bring back Old Raids in RO2 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Suggestion] Bring back Old Raids in RO2

23 replies to this topic

#1 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

Hi there. I'm really tired of the current Meta for RO2 which is Forever Grinding.

Spoiler

So Ive come up with a few Ideas on how the developers can bring back raiding in RO2...

:questionmark: How are we supposed to do it?

Ideas below:

• Code something that makes Master level equipment and Master levels useless in Raids. Like how the same kind of coding is applied in the Colosseum.
  • Fix the Bugs inside of Raids, especially the Mechanics. For ex, No matter how many eggs we break, Maya wont let that buff disappear
  • Raid cool downs, so no one can abuse it (Linking it to rewards later)

:wah: Waaaaiiit! what if I destroyed/don't have Old Raid gear?

Since master level gear is far more superior than lvl50 hard dungeon gear, Farm it. Since you can solo Hard dungeons with ML1+ gears, it might even take you a couple of minutes or less.

So your eq progression will still be the same as it was PreAoV. lvl50 hard gear -> Pve/Bapho -> CoA -> AoD

:yawn: So what happens now? Do we just store the gear after we completed the raid? Did you suggest this topic just to escape grinding completely?

Actually, No. Ive thought a couple of ideas on what we can do with it besides storing it/destroying

Costumes as rewards

• Make a system in which a player can trade his/her Raid armor into actual, wearable costumes. (up to the developers if they wanna make it tradable)

Weekly/Daily Ranking and Rewards

• How many Raids a Person/Guild completes within a Week/Day (#1 Raider(s) etc)
  • Ranking Rewards. A box containing items? (again, developers choice on what to put. can be costumes, refining stuff, coupons etc)
  • Ranking Title? Ex, Legendary Raider(s)

​Sorry if some Ideas were half-assed, I really want to take a break from grinding and really missed the nostalgia, the satisfaction after doing a Raid before AoV.

Edited by LeviRD, 23 May 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#2 crafter4epics

crafter4epics

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

As with previous times, there was this when devs are focused on new content & new map & players already have grown old w/ current content & thus waiting for the new content to come. If it's not too late, you could pursue this for them devs to make change of how they will make new raids & not new grinding spots. Coz if you've noticed & everyone else should've, the old content becomes obsolete when new content arrives. I remember when I have a Cazar Priest Top and I've sold it for around 150-200k zeny & recent content made them cost 2k-20k only. Nobody does AS, SC anymore unless they want stones to enter HC. And who goes to Greedy Mine nowadays? As of previous times, this Eddga will become obsolete thus prices goes down. This is also the time they bombard us w/ new & good looking costumes & events until the new content arrives. Zeny-wise I would bet farming new gears or whatever makes them & then switch selling costumes after I think they are about to go down.

I myself don't like the genre of grinding games. Eddga dailies have been better than cazar gear farming of course you solo AS & SC as a bear. Well most of FP bosses can still be soloed but when they were 1st introduced, they are hard & that somewhat brought back raiding times. Doing guild dailies everyday. A downside of FP bosses was the provoking & stealing of bosses.

Now what would i suggest? Two actually, bring back ragna 1 boss mechanic & another one, make a dungeon raid w/c will bring back healers, offtanks or class roles in a raid w/ AI of Ratmaster.

First one can be done, make the a boss randomize location at a field map like how they spawned event mimics & creamies. Then make it so that the boss can't be reset though raids could hit & run, they could put AI that if boss moves away like 10m-20m where it spawns, it must make a wide range kill all AOE. Lastly, make it the famous ragna 1 MVP style w/c is the same computation they use at WOE castle/forts breakage.

And the latter, just make a dungeon raid w/ Ratmaster AI alike & bring back class roles. Make it hard but doable, at least make it challenging

#3 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

make an raid boss\mob dmg increase\decrease for each raid gear set would be better i think

also raid-only stats increase in % or something
same with heals, increase heals for some %

aaand make other stats useless inside rad dungeons lol

#4 TensaZangetsu01

TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFallen Fortress
  • Server:Vanir

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:00 AM

Now there is 2 option for raid

Normal/Hard

Why dont  add Brutal mode muahaha

That mode for master level-with decent reward ofcourse...

Why there is no raid nowdays?

-Coz the reward is suck

-Boss are soloable

-no one bother,skip skip skip

bye

#5 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:12 AM

Now there is 2 option for raid

Normal/Hard

Why dont  add Brutal mode muahaha

That mode for master level-with decent reward ofcourse...

Why there is no raid nowdays?

-Coz the reward is suck

-Boss are soloable

-no one bother,skip skip skip

bye

They are already added new difficulties for dungeons recently (1-3 months ago)

4ekjD1M.png

#6 TensaZangetsu01

TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFallen Fortress
  • Server:Vanir

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:30 PM

They are already added new difficulties for dungeons recently (1-3 months ago)

4ekjD1M.png

Well raid boss are still soloable eventhough without good gear

and the reward for raid?......

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-let me guess-polinium YEAH!

#7 Pavelmimimi

Pavelmimimi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

as a community representative, you are pretty pessimistic about it.

Everyone would love to see a revamp at some point. The thing is, it might be a pretty good thing to apply current numbers into new mechanics. Because eventually, if they would do something really good to bring back a good amount of players, they would be able to turn back and adjust old content, maybe even leveling process, into new episode.

I have a slight feeling that the game was given to completely different development team ever since AoV, in terms of how strangely gameplay was approached in the released expansion, breaking the whole original mechanic, world and mindset of the game.

#8 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

Njoror assured us the development team is always the same so i guess they were brainwashed or changed the boss and the new one hate the previous one.
After 2 years the failure of the actual game mechanics is clear, the actual system force crazy gaps between new and old content, make useless and skippable part of the old content, every new content make imbalance that has to be addressed and every fix make unbalanced the old part. We are in a endless exp event that ruin the first 50 levels but there is no way they fix the exp table. We ask for quests (main and secondary), they keep giving us dayly ones, and half of them are quite impossible to do without a party but are not enough wort to attract enough players to make a party. Some other are simply not wort also if soloable. Dayly are useless if i get more exps grinding but not only they don't undestand but they asked us throught event to think new daylies and in Dark Wisper where half of us can barely move without getting killed!!!

#9 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

as a community representative, you are pretty pessimistic about it.

Indeed I am :D

#10 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:49 PM

i guess old raid is still there? just make sure you stay at level50 and doing all the old dungeon as you like... hope you guys enjoy, lol~

#11 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:55 PM

i guess old raid is still there? just make sure you stay at level50 and doing all the old dungeon as you like... hope you guys enjoy, lol~

With AoV, the formulas, etc. changed and with it difficulty of the old dungeons, so even staying lvl50 isn't an option.

#12 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:26 AM

With AoV, the formulas, etc. changed and with it difficulty of the old dungeons, so even staying lvl50 isn't an option.

Not to mention that CoA (the second of 4 raids) was changed at a point that is actually impossible for a group of lv50 players also if they are well geared with T2 colo gears to survive.

#13 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:50 AM

Not to mention that CoA (the second of 4 raids) was changed at a point that is actually impossible for a group of lv50 players also if they are well geared with T2 colo gears to survive.

i still remember we doing fine with level50 bapho/arena gears(no T2 pvp gear) and feel challenging in CoA raid back in TW server when ML not yet introduced. and the content of CoA is exactly same as what we get now. its not impossible at all, more about teamwork.

#14 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:41 AM

COA now for lvl50 is almost impossible to clear? Blame devs for listening to those "old raids are too easy" chants.   

#15 mirakurous

mirakurous

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

I would like something for dungeons and raids too but by Gravity's logic old content doesn't exist anymore. It was forgotten like Unions, dungeon Tokens, Arena, and almost everything before AoV.

Dayly are useless if i get more exps grinding but not only they don't undestand but they asked us throught event to think new daylies and in Dark Wisper where half of us can barely move without getting killed!!!

the sad thing is that at 3x you can't even get from ML1 to ML2 doing all Dayr dailies. 

#16 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:24 PM

COA now for lvl50 is almost impossible to clear? Blame devs for listening to those "old raids are too easy" chants.   

its possible if you properly geared, arena+bapho is enough. but you need teammates who know how to play like old time.

everyone shouting bring back LOTS, but its kinda just following what others did. they can just stay at level50 and do those dungeon like what they want. just ignore those AoV contents, but of course nobody will actually do it.

we all agree gravity overdid the progression when ML is out, but not many will give up what they have now, thats the hard part for changes. 

#17 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:47 AM

its possible if you properly geared, arena+bapho is enough. but you need teammates who know how to play like old time.

everyone shouting bring back LOTS, but its kinda just following what others did. they can just stay at level50 and do those dungeon like what they want. just ignore those AoV contents, but of course nobody will actually do it.

we all agree gravity overdid the progression when ML is out, but not many will give up what they have now, thats the hard part for changes. 

Do you really forget that CoA monsters and bosses were buffed to try to match the new ML gears?

Bosses adds were overbuffed at a point that they have the same HP of normal monsters but they spawn 5 per time in a rapid succession (i'm talking about piani and co).

Anyway since you are an high level ML you can try to farm yourself bapho/arena gears and try with a party wearing only lv50 gears you won't pass the first boss also with 10 men raid and all the additional ML skills and stats.

#18 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:04 AM

Do you really forget that CoA monsters and bosses were buffed to try to match the new ML gears?

Bosses adds were overbuffed at a point that they have the same HP of normal monsters but they spawn 5 per time in a rapid succession (i'm talking about piani and co).

Anyway since you are an high level ML you can try to farm yourself bapho/arena gears and try with a party wearing only lv50 gears you won't pass the first boss also with 10 men raid and all the additional ML skills and stats.

you are wrong, maybe not you, but we did that, you just need the right formation and lure+run+reset, its hard but possible with only bapho/arena gears. 

#19 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

What...?  You are joking right?  CoA was impossible with tier 1 gear even BEFORE it was buffed.   How can anybody clear CoA, let alone any of the bosses, without ML gear???  I would pay money to see videos/screenshot of this lol

#20 PeachMilkTea

PeachMilkTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:26 PM

//thumbs up for this topic//

#21 VModBacon

VModBacon

I made it Off Topic

• WarpPortal VM
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:19 PM

General warning to everyone: please keep personal attacks, insults, racism, or server-bashing out of this thread and keep the discussion civil. 

I've removed the last few inflammatory posts, let's try to get this thread back on track. 

#22 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:17 AM

There is nothing to discuss with people who either don't know the COA and AOD raids have been buffed twice or forgot pre-aov COA requires T1 colo weapon the least or still stuck in the past.

#23 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

There is nothing to discuss with people who either don't know the COA and AOD raids have been buffed twice or forgot pre-aov COA requires T1 colo weapon the least or still stuck in the past.

You're right.

That's why I stated in my previous reply that you can't get the "old raids" back.

Not only the dungeon was buffed, but the players as well. Stats - changed, formulas - altered, the availability - increased, etc. Back then we had:

• 6 HP/Vit (not 12~15HP)
  • less than half the damage per strike
  • usually no or only a few spinels
  • no 80% purple pots, no dayr buff food
  • different weapon refinement bonuses
  • no gear honing
  • an obligation to use a VIP ticket
  • no or fewer socketed costumes
  • players without min cooldown pets
  • no norn's blessing, not the titles we have now (f.e. +500 DEF)
  • fewer zennies and 20x master reds for 20~30zeny meant a lot!
  • no class-specific stat bonuses
  • and of course different skills (f.e. no 700% CI, lower Priest DoTs, 'ultimates' with an animation time, etc.)

And usually, CoA wasn't done with Bapho//PvE gear, but Colo gear. And most teams required multiple runs to be successful.

______

I hope you remember that this was caused by the HP change made for players. When the developers decided to increase it from 6 HP/VIT to 15 HP/VIT, the monster HPs changed as well.

The bosses were an exception because they had triggers based on a specific HP values.

That's f.e. the reason why Ratmaster wouldn't become invincible right at the start of the fight, if he got stunned by a pet. The stun prevented the trigger to work and Ratmaster never attempted it again.

Both sides (players & non-boss monsters) were boosted.

______

Formulating a compromise:

Sure, the developers adjusted the dungeon, but the players as well.

That's why I would be cautious stating whether it's 'easier' or 'harder'.

F.e. in LotS, I once tried to complete the Kharas about CoA monsters we usually ignored. I died fighting the first mob.

Too many things have changed to evaluate it properly now. And even durig LotS, I had both easy and hard runs. A few times, random first-timers performed better than members of a day-1 'elite' guild.

But IMO, all this isn't even essential. When I read about "give us our raids back!", I don't even expect them to be the same. I don't care if a boss AoE still does the same damage or if the monsters are the same.

IMO, it's about the feeling.

It's about having a real challenge, the joy, relief and satisfaction when you finally succeeded, but also about sharing that feelings with your friends, the pride of being an essential part of a group that went through hell and back.

And that's nothing you achieve easily. Neither by staying lvl50, nor by fiddling around numbers.

So even if Eddga would be challenging, would have cool mechanics and a rewarding loot, it's still not the same. That's because there's no 'team' history and my gear is traded, bought or sponsored by WarpPortal's HHBs.

Edited by Greven79, 19 June 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#24 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:16 AM

I agree on the feeling part, it was the satisfaction mattered when we finally defeated those bosses after long battle, there's no different either march 2013 in Jormungand server or july 2014 in TW server, battles last for several hours. and most of the time the starting group of players is different with the ending group. new members sometimes do better because they listen and follow what we want them to do. i remember our HP was about 8k to 10k in bapho/arena gears, its slightly better than colo gear. refinement is +20 and with honing. not sure about title, but have a guild cape with stats.

CoA in TW server we got is exactly the same we are having now, so i do think level50 with T1 gear raiding CoA now will still give you the same feeling back then, but i guess nobody is gonna to try it because they are too used to ML, the feeling of being OP. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users