How can I compete with high-end geared players when hunting mvp?... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How can I compete with high-end geared players when hunting mvp?...

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 EscanorLion

EscanorLion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:39 PM

Lol, it is my first post, wanna start with some hilarious topics but unfortunately... :p_laugh:

Ok, seriously. The story is that as I gradually lvling up, I plan to hunt for mvps to get high-valued loots or even cards (oh yeah, it is worth the life!). But my friend in game told me that mvps with valuable drops (like tens of millions in value) or great cards are already camped by genes with mvp cards or god items (hope this is not true :p_sad:

If it is the truth, are there any chances for me to win the loots? Is it just all about luck (like I flied on the mvp much earlier than they do but I am still not confident about my damage....)? Or just wait until they sleep (almost impossible)?

Need some advice and encouragement folks...

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

Nope, you won't be able to complete with players like that, even if you do everything right. Look to pursue other avenues of MVPing, such as the Summoner NPC and BBs.

#3 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:57 PM

you cant

#4 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

Field mvps are usually camped, and can be highly competitive, but there are still options for you as a new player if you want to solo mvp hunt or with your friends.

1. You can do endless tower every week, every 5 levels has a MVP, starting with floor five with the golden thief bug.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Endless_Tower

2. You can do MVP summoner, it requires VIP, and 4 eden merit badges to do. It currently offers the following four MVP, Amon Ra, Vesper, Pharaoh, RSX-0806.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/VIP_Summoner

3. You can try doing different instance only MVP, such as Nidhoggur, Amdarais, Faceworm Queen, etc.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Instance

4. You could also pop your own Bloody Branch in a remote location, and get a random MVP to fight.

http://ragial.com/it...al/HbXm5a42iCgy

#5 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

Lol, it is my first post, wanna start with some hilarious topics but unfortunately... :p_laugh:

Ok, seriously. The story is that as I gradually lvling up, I plan to hunt for mvps to get high-valued loots or even cards (oh yeah, it is worth the life!). But my friend in game told me that mvps with valuable drops (like tens of millions in value) or great cards are already camped by genes with mvp cards or god items (hope this is not true :p_sad:)

If it is the truth, are there any chances for me to win the loots? Is it just all about luck (like I flied on the mvp much earlier than they do but I am still not confident about my damage....)? Or just wait until they sleep (almost impossible)?

Need some advice and encouragement folks...

Well it's not that bad. I hunt MVPs from time to time and there were a lot of moments when I saw popular MVPs alive and killed them with no competition. Maybe it depends on time

#6 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:08 PM

its really tough if u cant kill it in a short amount of time before the genes and such come and finish it off. i get lucky often while looking for GTB and the like, but there are always 5-6 campers competing with me, so finding it is a problem, let alone killing it.

like hmc317 said, the best way is to fight mvps where there is no chance of someone else coming and stealing the loots. best bet atm is BB since it comes free with every groove pack.

#7 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:10 PM

no use waiting until they sleep because if it's not them, it's someone else. unfortunately there's no way you can really compete unless you're going after lower-end mvps (think... phreeoni?) so you're best bet is to BB, use the summoner or solo the first few floors of ET.

#8 EscanorLion

EscanorLion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

Nope, you won't be able to complete with players like that, even if you do everything right. Look to pursue other avenues of MVPing, such as the Summoner NPC and BBs.

you cant

sigh.... mvps should be called "free for strong" instead of "free for all" :sob:

#9 EscanorLion

EscanorLion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

Field mvps are usually camped, and can be highly competitive, but there are still options for you as a new player if you want to solo mvp hunt or with your friends.

1. You can do endless tower every week, every 5 levels has a MVP, starting with floor five with the golden thief bug.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Endless_Tower

2. You can do MVP summoner, it requires VIP, and 4 eden merit badges to do. It currently offers the following four MVP, Amon Ra, Vesper, Pharaoh, RSX-0806.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/VIP_Summoner

3. You can try doing different instance only MVP, such as Nidhoggur, Amdarais, Faceworm Queen, etc.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Instance

4. You could also pop your own Bloody Branch in a remote location, and get a random MVP to fight.

http://ragial.com/it...al/HbXm5a42iCgy

its really tough if u cant kill it in a short amount of time before the genes and such come and finish it off. i get lucky often while looking for GTB and the like, but there are always 5-6 campers competing with me, so finding it is a problem, let alone killing it.

like hmc317 said, the best way is to fight mvps where there is no chance of someone else coming and stealing the loots. best bet atm is BB since it comes free with every groove pack.

no use waiting until they sleep because if it's not them, it's someone else. unfortunately there's no way you can really compete unless you're going after lower-end mvps (think... phreeoni?) so you're best bet is to BB, use the summoner or solo the first few floors of ET.

It seems that BB is the best way since all of you recommend this.. By the way, I've heard that the HE Bubble Gum could boost the drop, does any of you know if it is really worth to invest on it?

#10 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

It seems that BB is the best way since all of you recommend this.. By the way, I've heard that the HE Bubble Gum could boost the drop, does any of you know if it is really worth to invest on it?

only use HE Bubble Gums if youre planning to pop multiple BBs in a row for the entire duration of the gum. also make sure you or anyone with you is strong enough to kill any potential MVPs you pop so you dont end up wasting too much time off your gum.

HE Bubble Gum: also available in the latest Freshly May'd Groove Pack! Get yours today for the low price of 150 KP! No conditions apply. Batteries not included.

Edited by mrricebox, 23 May 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#11 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

I would say you can get yellow gems and hocus-pocus summon a mvp

But after using 20m of yellow gems and nothing it's not worth the investment of time or zeny!

The game is pay to win.

Top tier cards are best obtained with a party supporting a killer running gums, vip and on a drop event.
Ruins the fun of hunting mvp's but with enough bloody branches its worth waiting.

Id say do instance mvps but cash shop gear is much stronger then any instance gear.
Gaint bapho horns? Cat ear berets, Nyd Garment? Fallen angel wings.

Pick 1 day, and do the 3-4 instances worth the investment since they usally have 7 day CD.

Other then that their is no end game content.

Edited by IronFist, 23 May 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#12 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:26 AM

Have same issue. I expected competition but not to such extend. For now, the only option I can rely on is instances (mostly, ET).

Edited by Vehona, 24 May 2015 - 02:27 AM.

#13 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:31 AM

Depends on how fast you can kill it. Most MVPs spawn in a random location, it's whoever finds it first. If you cant kill it within a minute or two it will probably get stolen from you though.

And a lot of people don't do Endless Tower because they think it's too hard, but they don't realize you can just do the first 20 floors or something if you want. Personally I solo all the way up to level 85 without much issue, and I am only level 149 with sub-par equip.

#14 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:41 AM

1.Invent time machine

2.Go back in time of freshly born iRO

3.Start playing from the early years until now

4.Have billions amount of zeny

5.Invest in the recent powerful gears

6.???
7.Profit.

#15 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:42 AM

Go kill these http://forums.warppo...oom-beez-in-od/ /gg

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

I will let you know how when I myself start off my own smart phone business and successfully beat Apple.

So no you cant. Try other methods such as BBs, ET, Instances, and MVP summoner.

#17 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:08 AM

Or buy convex mirrors and fight over mvps...

Either way its $$$ sucking 

Edited by IronFist, 24 May 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#18 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:32 AM

[quote name="EscanorLion" post="2159956" timestamp="1432449557"]

Ok, seriously. The story is that as I gradually lvling up, I plan to hunt for mvps to get high-valued loots or even cards (oh yeah, it is worth the life!). But my friend in game told me that mvps with valuable drops (like tens of millions in value) or great cards are already camped by genes with mvp cards or god items (hope this is not true :p_sad:)

><"

Edited by DonatoX, 24 May 2015 - 01:40 PM.

#19 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:52 AM

Depends on how fast you can kill it. Most MVPs spawn in a random location, it's whoever finds it first. If you cant kill it within a minute or two it will probably get stolen from you though.

And a lot of people don't do Endless Tower because they think it's too hard, but they don't realize you can just do the first 20 floors or something if you want. Personally I solo all the way up to level 85 without much issue, and I am only level 149 with sub-par equip.

I suppose you're a gene?

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:02 AM

To be fair, you shouldn't be able to compete against people with end game gear. You need to find it first or gear yourself through instances.

(otherwise earn said gear?)

#21 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:14 AM

how to compete with strong people? becoming stronger its the only way ;)

#22 Ironhardt

Ironhardt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgards

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

To be fair, you shouldn't be able to compete against people with end game gear. You need to find it first or gear yourself through instances.

(otherwise earn said gear?)

take it from xellie

#23 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

Honestly unless the godly player has convex mirrors(shows location of mvp) chances are as long as you can survive mvp while doing dmg you will get MVP even if they are more stacked if you can find it first

Edited by YangeWenli, 24 May 2015 - 04:34 AM.

#24 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:02 AM

And convex mirrors are pretty rare nowadays.

#25 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

Honestly unless the godly player has convex mirrors(shows location of mvp) chances are as long as you can survive mvp while doing dmg you will get MVP even if they are more stacked if you can find it first

yes you are right ^^ and they won't sell it ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users