ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:27 AM

So I made a sura before just because of my friends needing a tank. It got to 150/50 but I only used it as an mvp tank, so I don't know how to use it really. It's base stats before was (based on the calc since it's reset now):

STR 104

INT 96

AGI 1
VIT 105
DEX 93
LUK 10

now I want to practice it and want a build for pvm/woe/mvp/instances(solo/party) if possible and i don't want it to just waste there since it's 150.

if anyone can help me with stats/skill build that would be great. now i read many posts here since it's 175 update, but i can't decide what to do since there's no full guide here in the forums. what i see are gf/goh builds. is that the norm?? i only used MS/GT-Alive/RD mostly before.

my fave in my main are RK/GX/AB if that helps. thanks.

#2 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

gfist/goh are woe/pvp oriented (end game); pure gfist (stats/gear optimized for gfist damage) for mvping - though a woe/pvp build can still do decent gfist damage with gears to supplement and pvm too if it still has FC in its skill set;

while still at 150, probably better to just go with a pvm/leveling build, then reset to your preferred end build at 175/60;

for solo (w/ FC), STR and VIT are priority (good to put 120 base on either/both of these two with their corresponding temp boots), next is DEX (90-100 base is common) just so you have enough HIT, INT is not too important as you should have no SP problems with RD+PA - it does give you resists on some status effects but would personally just postpone adding points to this until later; AGI can also be delayed (or even left at 1 base) if you want to focus on damage (since high STR and VIT is quite demanding stat point-wise); LUK is also low in priority (leftover points can go here if there are any);

for party leveling you will either just CC or MS tank so stats are less relevant compared to soloing (really, this case depends on how geared and organized the party is as a whole); so if you plan to mainly party to 175, you can actually just start allocating stat points according to your end build and avoid having to reset;

the stats you listed above does look similar to what an woe/pvp end build would look like - except for the AGI part - get at least 50-70 (can go even higher) for less animation delay (most noticeable for snap) - adds masq and status resists too; total LUK usually ends up at around 30-50;

leveling skill build is mainly just FC-5, TC-10, RD-10, PA, GT-cure-1; windmill is also nice to stun mobs; possible to get GT-revit 3 at job 60 for more HP(FC damage)

woe/pvp end skill build can vary a little; having RD-10, GoH-10, CC-5, GT-cure-1, PA, windmill is standard; since you mentioned pvm/instances, FC-5 is a good option, though if you follow the standard skill set mentioned above, you will only have enough points left to get TC-7 - which wont give you the best FC damage, but this is a compromise so...

Edited by ka10, 26 May 2015 - 06:18 AM.

#3 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:27 AM

thanks.

so i should just pump str/vit for now and dex for hit and maybe a bit of int (or no int at all??). i am only going to pvm for now to lvl my sura since i'm still going to practice because i really don't play sura. guess i can max FC and TC for max dmg if soloing a bit. i don't mind resetting once i'm maxed so there's that.

also, how does unli sp with PA work anyway. do i use zen+ pa or rd+pa to get sp?? i only used the sphere absorb not PA on mobs before and i really didn't study sura except for tanking. and how long does it take to max my sp again once it runs out?? since zen has cast time and rd doesn't have it.

i'm planning on partying and soloing to lvl up for now in instances/bounties. thanks again.

#4 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

a bit of INT is always fine - higher maxSP means you don't run out of SP too fast, and each zen+PA gives you more SP (15% with RD-10) - having no INT at all wasn't really a problem for me (just watch out for silence, have green pots at hand); FC and TC should be both maxed for solo leveling (damage difference can mean clean 1-shots so faster leveling)

you need to activate RD-10 first so you have 15 spheres total; when you use PA (each sphere you have will be absorbed and give back 1% of your maxSP, hence 15% with RD-10 (allows 15 spheres max));

you will be back from essentially very low SP to full SP in about 6~7 repeats of zen+PA (30~35 sec); some even do zen+SSA in between PAs (5 sec cooldown); PA also absorbs spheres from other players within 5x5 of you, so possible to absorb way more than 15% of your mSP back;

also irowiki usually has general info on skills, etc; can save time to look something up there;

#5 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

ok thanks, i have a general idea of what i'll do for now. i read the wiki too, but it's outdated so i think of it separately sometimes when asking other people for help on info.

i just have no idea why there is no full guide here on the forums since sura is one of the most played class on pvp/woe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users