[PROP] Trinkets + King Sets - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[PROP] Trinkets + King Sets

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:19 AM

So in collaboration with Trang, I've come to this combination of compromise & new feature.

By definition of a gaming 'Trinket' I would like to see the following

In the Avatar Equipment Panel, next to the boots an additional slot become available.

This slot would be for equipping 'Trinkets'. 

Now I've already done a proposal for trinkets, but I can't be bothered to find it again. 

Essentially the idea was to provide a new item that is trigger either manually, as a proc or is passively active without intervention from the wearer.

These trinkets would hypothetically contribute to battle by providing short boosts in capability. 

Either via Burst statistics, survival statistic or CC [crowd control breaking].

Two examples would be

PvP: 'On use' remove stun/sleep/mute status, and provide immunity for 6 seconds. 35 second CD.

PvM: Grant yourself and allies 10% PvM offense for 20 seconds. 60 second CD.

There is a massive potential for customization on a trinket system when done correctly. However, Trang and I came to the conclusion that the King sets should be applied to this system as well.

The King sets [when turned in] would still provide the costume pieces.

Once the set is complete, you may redeem the set for a 'Trinket' containing the same bonus the king set provides. [same with Ancient Royal] 

From experience, no one WANTS to be required to wear the King sets to get the bonus. But having it as a passive is also harmful to game balancing.

Having the Bonus become a 'Trinket' would require you to use the slot, for that bonus. And would NOT require [idealy] you to wear the King set. The costume would simply be a costume again.

I think this is a perfect compromise to retain the ability of the passive effect of the set, while giving the option to not wear it. Along with the many other possible additions to customization via a Trinket system [which doesn't require any graphic modeling or texturing, like the jewelry] and provide the requested results the community has been asking for. 

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:23 AM

I like this idea. This way i can have the costume and the bonus without being forced to wear the costume.

#3 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:42 AM

From experience, no one WANTS to be required to wear the King sets to get the bonus. But having it as a passive is also harmful to game balancing.

Having the Bonus become a 'Trinket' would require you to use the slot, for that bonus. And would NOT require [idealy] you to wear the King set. The costume would simply be a costume again.

Alright. I have nothing to do with Feuer's PvP or PvM trinket effects but I do suggest this way.

We're currently have a free slot available next to Boots on Avatar tab, and since many people suggested making Kingdom/ Royal set passives, I thought it would be better to keep them as an amulet/ charm/ emblem or trinket...etc

The King sets [when turned in] would still provide the costume pieces.

Once the set is complete, you may redeem the set for a 'Trinket' containing the same bonus the king set provides. [same with Ancient Royal] 

Yep still work like that. Honestly I don't want my only mean to make money ingame to be ruined.  :rice:

In short, I strongly suggest this to bring live. :p_hi:  (Making them passives will be way too abusive)

#4 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

I like the idea, still i don't want to see trinkets  having more then what the abilities of the given king/royal set. This is cuz the game itself for now has a lot of balance from, making anything new to it will further make the imbalance.

Maybe in the future when the game is FINALLY balanced (which i doubt will be soon) so there's a new thing to balance with. But just not now.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:14 AM

Actually you can't have balance without a counter balance.

Essentially, think of it this way.

You have Attack & Def. This is a balanced system at it's most primal. one stat that counters the other.

Then you have for example

Pierce Defense & [nothing]

This, is not balanced. whenever there is a feature without any counter balance the system is now un-evenly built.

Kings sets are exactly that. The only thing that counters a king set, is another king set. However, the king sets themselves do not fully counter each other.

For Example, Ancient Royal set

Defense + Dodge.

Essentially, nothing here counters out. A combination of dodge and defense simply makes these two combatants take longer. Now, the king set 

Attack Power + Critical

The Criticals will nullify each other, the attack power does not however. It simply makes both combatants die faster.

Now let's pit the King vs the Ancient royal

The Defense Counters the Attack Power. This is good.

However, the Critical is not in check, and the Dodge is not in check either. Now, these players may be equally matched dependent upon what classes and builds they are. However, it still leave surplus and un counter balanced statistics bleeding out of it's own enclosed system. This now has to be regulated by the global statistics and combat system.

The best way to achieve balance, is by having a counter balance to each internal system.

Stats for characters are currently very well balanced. Each stat provides an offense and defense to a capacity. And each player has an equal amount of points to distribute.

That being said, Skills are not balanced. 

Things like for example

Pierce Defense, Pierce Magic Defense, Skill Power, to name a few.

Trinkets can assist in controlling these rouge stats and attributes.

For example, let's say for fun you're fighting a Gun Bourge.

GB's have a massive and impressive pierce defense capability. Effectively ALL of your defense is useless when they're fully proc'd with their passive + pierce stacks.

Now let's say, by some chance someone is being targeted by this class. They happen to have a 'Sigil of Resilience'. Let's for argument sake say this trinket grants the bearer "50% resistance" for 10 seconds.

This "resistance" stat, could increase your armors natural resistance to being pierced and torn. Effectively nullifying 50% of the pierced value for a short time.

Now, even though this GB proc'd and skilled for pierce defense, it is counter balanced even if only for a short time. Granted, The GB would also have a Trinket slot with something there. But the point is made that you can build yourself to be more proficient in combat in certain fields you deem are valuable to you.

I gave an example earlier for PvM + PvP. Let's take the PvP One, and apply it to a DG Boss like Ulverick.

The 'on use' effect of removing stun/mute/sleep would be HIGHLY beneficial for a cleric to use. It would allow a cleric once in a while the ability to break the stun, and keep their team alive.

The whole point really, is to place the King sets into a system that is manageable by the staff, so it can be both useful but balanced. While the introduction of other trinkets can add diversity, customization, but most importantly, counter balance. Effectively, you may one day have the chance to obtain a Trinket and perfectly counters a King Set passive trinket. 

#6 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:17 AM

hmm, since you put it that way, the one thing i don't recommend as a counter would be a crit trinket, at least make it a defensive crit would be better than to add crit which is pretty much the main focus on a lot of people atm.

Well, i agree to your opinion, and your suggestion. Creation of the trinkets will take awhile though, as it requires a lot of thinking through on how to counter and such. Nice idea indeed

If anything comes up in mind about trinkets i'll try to propose later on this thread. So far me likes this (y)

#7 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

I realy like this Idea of the trinkets, +1 for the idea 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users