Something has to be done about Dead Branches. - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Something has to be done about Dead Branches.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgarts Kingdom
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

Decent Super Novice leveling areas like Metalings, Stapos, and Porcellios are plagued with Branched Mobs.

Dead Branches hardly effect bots. This is taking a toll on actual players. If one of the only ways we can combat Bots in this server is to harrass players into wanting to quit, because they don't have any where to level safely, there's a serious issue here.

Time on my VIP is ticking, I shouldn't have to spend hours grinding in lower level areas because of trolls harrssing mid-level areas.

yGZ04a4.jpg

Edited by Xaurym, 01 June 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

Little did the community know, those marks on the screenshots were written in his own blood~

#3 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

Little did the community know, those marks on the screenshots were written in his own blood~

^^^ This. A thousand times this.

I'm in the process of making a bunch of tutorials on Youtube for players getting back into classic. Upon reaching level 65 I quickly realized I've been sending my viewers to their death at the hands of trolls.

Edited by Xaurym, 29 May 2015 - 02:27 PM.

#4 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:05 AM

some people just want to see the world burn. they'll always find ways to troll people no matter what. if not dbs, people would switch to amulets. if not those then they'll just use polymorph.

in the meantime just post here:

http://forums.warppo...monster-thread/

#5 Niloks

Niloks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:59 AM

avoid maps with full of bots

oh wait all iro lol

#6 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

i wish people would understand that dead branching bots does absolutely nothing... most teleport on sight anyways.

#7 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

i wish people would understand that dead branching bots does absolutely nothing... most teleport on sight anyways.

GOOD LUCK

#8 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

I think "bot hunting" is just an excuse, some players just want to harass other players, that's all.

#9 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

I'm actually offended I can't db on so many maps.

#10 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:11 AM

When players cannot rely on GM to take action on bots. They resort to use game mechanic to hinder them.

Only if GM effectively bans bots. Then they would have no excuse.

Edited by Kebtung, 04 June 2015 - 02:12 AM.

#11 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:19 AM

When players cannot rely on GM to take action on bots. They resort to use game mechanic to hinder them.

Only if GM effectively bans bots. Then they would have no excuse.

In my experience, as someone who actually sits at the computer and plays the game, without botting, afking, getting carried by friends or a guild, I see Real players like myself having more trouble with branches than I see bots having trouble with branches.

Bots have instant reaction time, can see threats before they're on the screen, can teleport miliseconds before recieving damage. They have the time and resources to deal with branches. Players don't.

If I get off work and want to grind out some levels for a game I pay to play, I don't want to deal with player harassment.

Botting doesn't effect me as much as Dead Branchers do. Saying nothing should be done about player harrassment because nothing is being done about botting isn't saying the same thing. They're two completely seperate issues.

Edited by Xaurym, 06 June 2015 - 08:48 AM.

#12 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:24 PM

I see Real players like myself having more trouble with branches than I see bots having trouble with branches.

Agree. But believe me, this strategy somehow works even bots teleport so fast. If you question why they resort to use this strategy. Then go back to the topic about impotency of how GMs deal with bots.

Botting doesn't effect me as much as Dead Branchers do

Botting problem is making more damage in long-term and affecting server-wide economy.

I don't want to deal with player harassment.

No one wants. But are those dead branches were meant to kill you?

Did they break on-screen when you were leveling or they were already there?

Did they follow you and break those dead branches every map you can level on?

As for me, whenever I step outside cities I am aware and accept the risk of getting killed by monsters.

This is just a taste of the game. 

#13 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:45 PM

I'm actually offended I can't db on so many maps.

I miss DBs in town more than anything.

The GMs seem to be doing a fairly good job with bots when they get reported. Which means if everyone took the time they spent complaining about bots and submitted a ticket or posted in the airstrike thread with some details about the bots they're complaining about, there's a pretty good chance the GMs will get rid of them for you.

Dead branching bot maps is a waste of everyones time except the bots, it's also very obnoxious to new players who may not be able to deal with them or just want to go explore some maps.

#14 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:34 AM

The GMs seem to be doing a fairly good job with bots when they get reported...

As an avid bots reporter, I got to say this is contradictory with my own experience.

Dead branching bot maps is a waste of everyones time except the bots.

It definitely wastes bot time and supplies. As I said, it may sound like it will not work. But somehow it did even not very effective.

#15 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:28 AM

As for me, whenever I step outside cities I am aware and accept the risk of getting killed by monsters.

This is just a taste of the game. 

Monsters that you have no change to fight against? That can one shot you? Level 90+  monsters in a level 23 monster zone?

Sure thing boss.

As an avid bots reporter, I got to say this is contradictory with my own experience.

It definitely wastes bot time and supplies. As I said, it may sound like it will not work. But somehow it did even not very effective.

Bots have infinite time, and supplies. They aren't real people. If you think you can waste an AI's time or money that's pretty silly.

Seems you're pretty adamant, or just willfully ignorant on the subject. If you're okay with real players being discouraged to play with the game, let's agree to disagree and leave it at that, as I feel like you have nothing further to add to the discussion.

Edited by Xaurym, 07 June 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#16 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

Bots have infinite supplies.... If you think you can waste an AI's money...

These made me giggle. Should think more.

I'll leave it and say this case is not player harassment.

#17 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

These made me giggle. Should think more.

I'll leave it and say this case is not player harassment.

There is no doubt that you're trolling but whatever. Bots who produce a large part (most?) of low-level game resources and gain considerable amount of zeny (they wouldn't bot otherwise, would they?) just can't be be subject to running out of supplies. So, please stop that nonsense for your own sake, it's embarrassing to read.

Edited by Vehona, 07 June 2015 - 07:29 PM.

#18 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:57 PM

There is no doubt that you're trolling but whatever. Bots who produce a large part (most?) of low-level game resources and gain considerable amount of zeny (they wouldn't bot otherwise, would they?) just can't be be subject to running out of supplies. So, please stop that nonsense for your own sake, it's embarrassing to read.

I would argue that bots created 95%, if not higher, of all zeny in game. The reason why vend limits are a problem and things cost so much is directly caused by bots. At the same time up until gsb the only way to supply guilds was bots or buy from bots or be handicapped significantly.

#19 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

LOL smarty

#20 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:49 AM

With a map covered in dead branches, you can make bots waste all of their supplies, and they'll keep coming back and wasting more supplies because they don't know any better. This could maybe bankrupt a bot, and it potentially couldn't recover without being able to buy more supplies. At least you have the ability to make a conscious decision and switch maps to level on.

So you can effect bots with dead branches, but unfortunately bots do not rest, and they'll be back after maintenance removes the dead branched monsters. Unless the bot's zeny actually did get depleted, then the owner has to step in.

Getting killed by a random, dead branched bio3 sinx is an important part of the ragnarok experience.

It's only player harassment if the player is actually targeting you.

It's reasonable to die to odium or sinx, but if you die to an ungoliant or owl baron, you're doing something wrong.

I would at least appreciate the ability to polymorph in town again. Removing polymorph and dead branches really took some excitement out of the game. I have no sympathy for anyone who has ever died in town. Venders can just be resurrected.

#21 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:39 AM

^^^

Finally someone with brain has spoken.

Thank you.

#22 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

^^^

Finally someone who agrees with me has spoken.

Thank you.

Yeah. Took a while didn't it?

This topic isn't about bots, It's about Players level 10-70 sometimes not being able level because of MVP's in low-mid leveling zones.

If you think that players level 10-70 sometimes not being able to level beacuse of MVP's in low-mid leveling zones is perfectly fine, you've stated your opinion and I respectfully disagree, but you clearly have nothing else to add to the argument, so your time is better spent elsewhere. Even though if you want to keep beating the dead horse you're welcome to stay so long as you remain civil.

If anyone would like to continue a discussion concerning possible solutions to Branching Low-Mid leveling zones, outside of the obvious "Kill this MVP" topic which is just one of many band-aid solutions to this problem, the floor is yours.

Edited by Xaurym, 08 June 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#23 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

Yeah. Took a while didn't it?

This topic isn't about bots, It's about Players level 10-70 sometimes not being able level because of MVP's in low-mid leveling zones.

If you think that players level 10-70 sometimes not being able to level beacuse of MVP's in low-mid leveling zones is perfectly fine, you've stated your opinion and I respectfully disagree, but you clearly have nothing else to add to the argument, so your time is better spent elsewhere. Even though if you want to keep beating the dead horse you're welcome to stay so long as you remain civil.

If anyone would like to continue a discussion concerning possible solutions to Branching Low-Mid leveling zones, outside of the obvious "Kill this MVP" topic which is just one of many band-aid solutions to this problem, the floor is yours.

When did they add MVPs to dead branches?

If your int sn grab 2 siroma clips, pop an int food (until you get no death bonus), and go 1 shot goats. It is much more profitable and decent exp. Bring a bow merc level 4 (I think) for mag to help with SP.

If your a melee sn then I am unsure, but there are some better places out there then the ones listed in OP.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 08 June 2015 - 10:48 AM.

#24 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

Whatever they are. You know what I meant. The monsters that one shot low level players in low level zones. Might as well be MVP's, they one shot players who can't possibly concieve of defending their selves.

#25 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:37 PM

Omg, I died to a mob I cant stand a chance to fight with. This is player harassment. Please fix this asap! /cry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users