Be merciful and kill the Rune Knight or else let it recover its old Glory - Page 5 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Be merciful and kill the Rune Knight or else let it recover its old Glory

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#101 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:12 AM

40k crits without frenzy????

#102 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:15 AM

>.> Dear Jaye, why are you back with the same kind of comment like 2 pages ago.

The point of this thread is that iRO's physical RKs are underwhelming compared to their OWN counterparts--> DB RK and RGs, which is really upsetting when this issue doesnt really surface in jRO and kRO(who has not nerfed Bowling bash and instead made SEVERAL buffs to physical RKs in the past 2 years).

Of cuz the maestro can't compare, he has a role wherever he goes with the strings. I'll tell you straight up that a physical RK has no roles in any party whatsoever in iRO--> AOE fail, DPS fail, just a turd of all trades (nope, not even a jack).

Your post makes my head hurt.

Most other classes have alternate builds and they're not as good as mainstream build.

You just hypocritically told another class they should level with the mainstream method instead of an alt build.

You make me want to take a nap on my desk.

#103 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:18 AM

tell me moarr about the crit please :U

#104 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:33 AM

Dude this guys was doing 100k crits. We gotta know if ee can at least achieve 40k crits in iRO. That would be awesome!!!!!

#105 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

Your post makes my head hurt.

Most other classes have alternate builds and they're not as good as mainstream build.

You just hypocritically told another class they should level with the mainstream method instead of an alt build.

You make me want to take a nap on my desk.

I'm just commenting back you're back with the same kind of post, sorry if that causes any headaches :P

Plus it's just your misinterpretation. I never said maestros should not play their dps if they wanted to, I meant they have a role in parties even if they want to generally play their dps build (there is only so many skill points you need for metallic sounds etc).

Edited by 717348868, 08 June 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#106 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

BB =second class skill, why should kRO really be looking at it anymore deeper?

Sev Rain you can move? I only see terrible position lag when trying to move.

IB is meant to be on par with db when you use those nice defense pierce weapons they will be coming out with looking at our updates progression so far.

I see very insanely godly IB damage on kRO but thats only due to the mvp shadow gears.....tell you what, you somehow convince Oda to have iRO implement my white lady shadow gear set and ill convince oda to give you the thana shadow gears set and old rune circlet, then you can be on par, even better than tao armor and tao shadow gear DB RK, and it will prove you fan beat t h e mainstream......

#107 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:01 AM

I keep seeing you guys comparing wanderers and maestros here. Again I need to keep saying this: I understand they are NOT POWERED too. Go bring it up in your own thread.

Two underpowered playstyles deserve their own thread in the RIGHT section. Just because it is comparative in being weak now DOES not say that it doesn't need the buffs. Moreover, the buffs I'm hoping for are just faster game updates, because kRO already recognises this and implemented those buffs in UPDATES.

pushing for updates can never be bad. *no, dont start a troll comment on this. I state this as an opinion*

#108 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

You've gotta understand that this is iRO. For some reasons, iRO has always been a joke to kRO and thus we dont really get fast updates. You do realize that iRO also manipulates the updates we get from kRO right? Maybe this is one of many reasons kRO is just loling at iRO and barely sends the updates  :heh:

So the buffs in those updates you're taking about probably wont arrive in iRO any times soon. Now you wish you could play in kRO huh lol

#109 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

I keep seeing you guys comparing wanderers and maestros here. Again I need to keep saying this: I understand they are NOT POWERED too. Go bring it up in your own thread.

Two underpowered playstyles deserve their own thread in the RIGHT section. Just because it is comparative in being weak now DOES not say that it doesn't need the buffs. Moreover, the buffs I'm hoping for are just faster game updates, because kRO already recognises this and implemented those buffs in UPDATES.

pushing for updates can never be bad. *no, dont start a troll comment on this. I state this as an opinion*

don't we all

#110 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

I consider pushing to buff a middle-of-the-road tier class to be a troll attempt, when bottom rung classes still get no attention from Gravity.

#111 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

Many physical skills/builds aren't even as underwhelming as people are making them out to be. IB is really good already, Crush Strike is still good, BB is OP as a Knight skill, Sonic Wave has some uses, Hundred Spears isn't COMPLETE garbage. It's true other classes can use Frenzy better than RKs but LK card doesn't come cheap. AGI and AGI/CRIT ctrl-click builds aren't supposed to be good in the first place and those are more meant for GX/Ranger (EDP, Warg procs).

When the new IB headgear comes out it will be really strong. For the time-being, Black Ribbon is pretty good too already, and most PVM players just use some SP leech headgear anyway. IB is better than DB in many situations too already. Fire/Water resistant/immune targets, vs. ranged damage reducing, and less affected by base level or HP/SP pool. Lots of skills also have reuse delays, even the almighty arrow storm.

RK is more of a damage class when in a party, and RG is more of a solo damage class. That sounds pretty balanced to me. Just pick the one that suits your playing style more?

#112 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:03 PM

basically if you really want to compare to other classes you have to compare with their less popular builds too. e.g. physical rk vs spellfist sorc or w/e

otherwise, it's not really fair to compare it to a mainstream build (like AS ranger) since the mainstream rk build (db) needs no buffs whatsoever.

you say you've made clear valid points, but the only thing i'm hearing is "rk's wield greatswords so they should deal tons of damage" and "i think severe rainstorm is more op than ignition break". no wait, it's actually "every skill is more op than ignition break, ignition break is so -_-".

pro tip: just cuz you can't go in and kirito everything to death doesn't mean a class/build is underpowered. physical rks have it easy compared to niche builds for a lot of other classes. they might not be the best, but they sure as hell aren't the worst.

I loled.

#113 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:14 PM

Jesus Christ this is exactly what I want to say for RG. And also do you really play on Chaos?

You said RK aren't the best at any single thing. However, RK is the class with the highest HP coefficient. DB RK is the most desired AOE in a Bio 4 party. I think it is still one of the major damage dealer in WOE. Even in ET party RK is very helpful to kill Ghost property MVPs like Bee

Now let's talk about RG. What is RG good at?

Tank? Sura is definitely the best. RK has more raw hp and with Halagas and Millenium Shield rune they can tank better. I won't consider RG a better tank than RK. 

Pull? RK has Spear Dynamo, which gives you endure for a certain amount of time, while RG has to miserably spam endure. Not to mention there are Sura and Thief class which are better mobbing

AOE Damage? Lol RK crush RG in this aspect. DB is not disruptable, freaking brainless to use compare to OB where in many cases you have to position perfectly to hit everything.

Single Target Damage? Yeah in this case RG is better than RK, but there's GX

MVP? Gene consider this a joke

PVP/WOE? I don't have experience in that. According to Chakri Battle RG is not that good now, but RK still has its position in WOE. Of course there's chaser.

Support? Yeah RG can support, Yeah RG has Sacrifice, Battle Chant, King's Grace, blablabla... However which of these skills are a must in a party? You can always hear party leader say we can't go because we don't have AB/Sorc/Wandy/Maestro. Have you ever hear any party leader say there's no RG so we can't move?

The only thing RG is the best it that it has the coolest outfit. There's no way you can compare the ugly big green ass dragon with the gryphon.

You also mention the roles they play in TI and Bio4 party. This part makes me doubt if you really ever played on Chaos. I have played RG and RK and had both gone through all the TI and Bio4 party process

In low TI, Pal and LK are basically the same, there's nothing more to say

In mid TI, when I play RK, I saw a chat says R>101+ AB/AOE, I get in, they invite me. When I play RG, I saw a chat says R>101+ AB/AOE, I get in, they tell me to GTFO. I have to wait till they say R>101+ All, then I dare get in to ask if I can join. Otherwise I just do TI with my friends.

In high TI, when I play RK, I saw a chat says R>126+ AB/AOE, I get in, they invite me. When I play RG, I saw a chat says R>126+ AB/AOE, I get in, they tell me to GTFO. I have to wait till they say R>126+ All, then I dare get in to ask if I can join. Otherwise I just do TI with my friends.

In Bio4 Party, when I play RK, I just sit in Lightzahlen and do nothing, and people will invite me. When I play RG, well there's basically no chat says R> ALL, so I just find a chat room recruiting many different classes (No RG, of course). I get in, they tell me to GTFO. Well Bio4 is too tough for me to level with my friends. So I beg them: " Please sir I have Sacrifice, Please let me join." Then there's half chance they tell me to GTFO. There's another half chance they invite me, and tell me to Sacrifice Rangers. So I throw away my lives and experience just to level up. Such sarcasm

I agree with this, but I have to add, I'm always told to GTFO with my rune KNIGHT.  I think that's what this topic is about.  Yes my Rune Knight is a hybrid, and I have Lizard Breath, but it sucks as I don't have gods/MVPs, or Expert Archer enchants, and don't have a way to get them, unless they buffed lizard breath again, but another thread I was on said they renerfed it again by adding a .2 second unreduceable delay.

I tried to take my Royal Guard to the biolabs, and I'm usually invited, but In the 3 times I was there, I lost enough experience to go from level 150 all the way to level 175, same with jobs.  So, Royal Guards and rune KNIGHTs both suck.

#114 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:22 PM

i dont think a IB [Added Sonic Wave] build is weak.

Calcs:

IB is 11x11, [3x3 Melee; outside that this range its Ranged Damage 5x5+]

Sonic Wave = Ranged Damage

For example:

+9 Black Ribbon: +50% Sonic Wave/Wind Cutter Damage / +30% IB Damage

Tae Goo Lyeon [Better if refined +9 or higher] 2AS Cards and EA9 or higher = 38%+ Ranged Damage

Optional:

Peuz Set = 50% Sonic Wave/Wind Cutter Damage

IB damage also is based on your attack, so i will test 2 interesting FAWs Ranged and Physical

+9 FAW [Memblatt; in case the RK has good dex 80+] EA10

+9 FAW [Forgot the name lel i know that gives +5 atk per 10 Base str] FS15/16

@Sei, do u have a IB RK with SW maxed?

Ignition Break is not ranged, even though it says it is.  I tested it out and it's blocked by Safety Wall, but not Pneuma.

#115 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:26 PM

Also i have a personal question for everyone that participates in this thread and i appreciate this so much, what do you think..

RKs Melee/Skill [NOT DB] can MVP very well?

They're good at PVM; Able to solo without problems?

i know the answers but i want yours, i dont like the people that understimate the power of Rune Knights.

Against single targets they are pretty good.  Even some lower level MVPs that you can kill their mobs with 1 or 2 uses of Ignition Break.  I soloed quite a few MVPs, including Doppelganger, Pharaoh, Dark Lord, Amon Ra, Orc Lord and Hero, and would have Kiel (ran out of runes), as well as quite a few others, some I was told were either impossible or very hard to solo (most were relatively easy), but against mobs they are utterly useless.  I used to be able to solo even in bio4 (slow as hell though), not sure now I haven't played for a couple months due to life issues.

#116 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

you will have to avoid physical contact with the mvp for long periods of time if you dont wanna be 1HK.O.'d. Sonic Wave properly geared is really great to lvl up alone with bounty boards, yoy can almost one shot everything below lvl 130. I tested it at high TI but you better bring DB to that situations, cuz 35-40k the sonic wave does, doesnt make that much for the party.

You will be able to totally fight such mvps that are not stronger than the mistress by yourself. For any mvp stronger, lemme know if you can do it by yourself, because whitout a party I havent been able.
mvps I personally killed with SW/IB+BB/WDB build alone (not even AB/strings slave):
GTB
Orc Lord
Orc Hero
Moonlight Flower
Mistress
Eddga
Kiehl (The quest version)
Amon Ra
Pharaoh

The Asir,Halagas,Turisus,Spear Dynamo, Aura Blade,Enchant Blade, Lex Aeterna, Rhydo, Counterattack combo is really good for burst damage, you should practice it. Max damage I have made to a mvp with it doesnt go over 300k for a single hit but the legend says it can go up to 999,999 each of this combos.

Orc Lord and Hero use Glorious Claymore and Crush strike, they will die within seconds, Amon Ra and Pharaoh within about 30-45 seconds.  I soloed Doppelganger and Dracula, as well as quite a few others.  I know they can be powerful, but against mobs they don't stand a chance.  I even died in orcs/orc dungeon at nearly level 150 with about 50-60k hp.

#117 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:35 PM

Those feeling, if a Copy Cat doing better then the original....

BB +  Bows is freaking awesome. Its like casting Arrow Storm with an Ice Pick...

------------
Yea, I think a RK still does or can do some good DPS and surviving through Runes and HP.
But give a LK Skill to another Character (Frenzy) and it becomes better then the Original.

- Crit Katar and DD Crit GX
- 193 ASPD Crit Machanics (Lagging Def Options though, except in Mado but this woudnt make sense)
- Inspiration + Spear Quicken + Frezy RGs (Freaking Monster !!! Even with a 1Hnd Spear, But Zephyrus is the real devils tool)

- Rangers

All those Characters have more or better DPS then the Original Character having this Skill naturally in his Skill branch...
Sadly but true...

Physical  RKs should really rise and shine again.

Inside strings you can do that with Bowling Bash and Rune Knight.

#118 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:43 PM

I know what I'm talking about. Knowing your strengths means knowing your weaknesses, and I've been playing... no wait, maining the Smith line since their release. For the people that know me, they know me as "that smith lady" ;p

HSCR is spammable yes, but it misses and has the same type of cast time and delay as BB except Smiths can be knocked out of their windup. High aspd characters can hitlock Smiths and prevent them from firing off a single Cart Ram, and decent flee can really screw around with a Smith's ability to lay on the hurt. HSCR also requires a certain skill be active, which only lasts for a very limited time and can be removed by your opponent in several (easy) ways. The stun chance rolls every time due to the added mastery damage of Weapon Research, but most PvP/WoE builds are stunproof or otherwise so close to it that procs only affect them for fractions of a second. Against classes like Sins with high flee due to the builds they usually follow, you'll be doing 20s most of the time.

Mammonite has the highest % dmg mod of all 2-1 class skills sure, but since when was RO about standing next to each other and exchanging phone numbers? The critical weakness of Smiths compared to every other class of the same tier is that it has no ranged poke. NOTHING. All the damage in the world means squat if you can be kited till the cows come home. Also *cough* BB has a lower modifier but hits twice, thereby dealing more damage and being stronger overall.

Oh finally~ Smith, meet Fiber Lock. Bye bye Smith.

@topic physical RK is actually quite strong, but due to the lack of inherent spamability in any of the RK's physical skills you need to be careful with positioning. Physical RK is more about comboing skills together for high damage, or dealing hugely powerful single hits with Crush and stuff. Black Ribbon is a good cheap PvM headgear for boosting the damage of your physical skills. So is the Peuz set.

How much is Black Ribbon now?  I don't remember it being cheap.  Also, Fiber Lock does the same to Rune Knights, and the last time I saw (was killed by) High Speed Cart Ram, he used it about 45 times in like 7 seconds or so, so they must have added a cooldown that wasn't there before.  Yes I can count to 45 in less than 7 seconds, I'm very good with numbers.

#119 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:51 PM

Many physical skills/builds aren't even as underwhelming as people are making them out to be. IB is really good already, Crush Strike is still good, BB is OP as a Knight skill, Sonic Wave has some uses, Hundred Spears isn't COMPLETE garbage. It's true other classes can use Frenzy better than RKs but LK card doesn't come cheap. AGI and AGI/CRIT ctrl-click builds aren't supposed to be good in the first place and those are more meant for GX/Ranger (EDP, Warg procs).

When the new IB headgear comes out it will be really strong. For the time-being, Black Ribbon is pretty good too already, and most PVM players just use some SP leech headgear anyway. IB is better than DB in many situations too already. Fire/Water resistant/immune targets, vs. ranged damage reducing, and less affected by base level or HP/SP pool. Lots of skills also have reuse delays, even the almighty arrow storm.

RK is more of a damage class when in a party, and RG is more of a solo damage class. That sounds pretty balanced to me. Just pick the one that suits your playing style more?

I want to solo with a Rune Knight, they look cooler than Royal Guards, unless it's the one that will be in my new avatar.

#120 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:54 PM

Oh man I want this Rune Knight.

#121 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:16 AM

Woah mrTalim, Thanks for bumping this thread again but that's way too many posts at once.

You'd need to wait for updates to see stuff like the video but that's probably not going to happen for a long time. Enjoy breathing fire on your dragon to level in the meanwhile.

#122 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:00 AM

Yeah I'm not using lizard breath, I'm an agility build, like Kirito, but nowhere near as good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users