THE STUPENDOUS WoE GUILD RANKING! - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

THE STUPENDOUS WoE GUILD RANKING!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

Hi guys!

Classic server relatively new player here, have been looking through the forum and found nothing like what we used to have in bRO(brazilian hue), and I personally think it's a great idea, lemme share with you all.

It's ranking calculated on points that lasts for 3 MONTHS, where the guilds punctuate and in the end a top8 server list of guilds gets escalated WoE-related headgears with their guild names. It's worth both for the TOP1 until the last one; the server catches fire in this period and everyone has one more reason to fight for, the big guilds fight between them, trying also to knock them down, the minor ones too, alliances are made that may change the course and scenario of the WoE, it's really damn cool.

The prizes

This suggestion goes to classic, for renewall you'd have to think on different equips/refinement to make it worth, but the idea is the same

Spoiler

The ranking points:
-They are updated after every WoE day on the website at some pactuated hour(IMO the biggest issue we may have lol)

Spoiler

I personally think it would be a great system, making the server catch fire for a while, many member engage in the process, minor guilds being able to fight for something and fight between them(i.e classic's 3rd till 8thth guilds really fighting for someting between them), and in the end you get a hat with your guild name.

Please contribute with suggestions and give your opinion on what you dislike.

Thanks for the attention, and let's discuss it, classic has many unique characteristics, let's make the ranking fitted for it!

:p_laugh: 

EDIT: Removed eco pointing, thanks to AlmrOfAtlas; Decreased the number of guilds rewarded, thanks do Xellie(may be needed to reduce more...); made it's prizes only headgears, thanks to Sarah

Edited by Psicratus, 31 May 2015 - 06:45 PM.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

http://forums.warppo...rent-standings/

iRO used to have such a system, but once they started publishing more games they had less and less time to manage it so it was discontinued.

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

If this proposal will be carried over to the Classic server, your rewards for high econ need to be changed. Econ creep out the ass over there.

And tbh I'd be fine with the old WPS given a couple of (already outlined in that subforum) changes.

#4 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

Unless the WoE scene on Classic gets more guilds and active, you're just giving people another thing to farm. For now, they already farm enough. :P I'd rather they focus on other changes versus another system to reward them more items for lil effort.

#5 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, that's what it looks like to me.

That being said, I like the intent behind it, I just think it needs to be reworked a little.

Named feather beret would be love.

Edited by ceinchase, 31 May 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

cein you woe? <3

#7 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

Give each gear an expiration date (1 month use max?), otherwise...

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer

What was the economy or population like before bRO did this? I don't think this will help classic.

#8 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:15 PM

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, that's what it looks like to me.

That being said, I like the intent behind it, I just think it needs to be reworked a little.

Named feather beret would be love.

I appreciate your opinion Sarah, even more for you being on the side that would gain from it, but I fail to see where the poor get poorer. Of course they wouldn't gain as much as the top guilds, but they would gain something, and that something may mean a lot to some of these people and represent a gear upgrade(personal experience as a small guild member with it's +5 FB). But of course, the distance between rich and poor may increase in the end, and perhaps that's our main challenge: Keeping the balance(implying one exists nowadays) and making it reward-wise, worthy for everyone.

That being said, I consider discarding that one equipment set extremely for the top4 guilds(as it wouldn't mean that much to the guilds btw), so we can think only of named WoE headgears as prizes; I still support the idea of a headgear that is slightly better than a feather beret as a top 4 prize(so this distance doesn't increase much, but it would still be rewarding, a useful headgear, and have the identification with its guild name) ; followed by Red Tailed Ribbon and Feather Beret.

another idea:Perhaps may we consider 2 different choosable sprites? Like boys and girls style, or one more war-related and one more... cute. Both with same effects.

If this proposal will be carried over to the Classic server, your rewards for high econ need to be changed. Econ creep out the ass over there.

And tbh I'd be fine with the old WPS given a couple of (already outlined in that subforum) changes.

Yeah, i'll take that eco pointing out, it made sense in bRO, where there were many top guilds, and no one ever could build an eco unless allied with 1 or 2 other top guilds, being a real challenge and needing many guilds envolved, wich isnt the scenario on classic. Updated, thanks :)

#9 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:32 PM

I appreciate your opinion Sarah, even more for you being on the side that would gain from it, but I fail to see where the poor get poorer.

Just a figure of speech.

Something like the named kaho horns would be nice, I believe they were supposed to expire but ended up being a permanent item

Edited by ceinchase, 31 May 2015 - 06:36 PM.

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:57 AM

Just a figure of speech.

Something like the named kaho horns would be nice, I believe they were supposed to expire but ended up being a permanent item

No, they expire, I just was given one of the boxes for my birthday (by a teammate) and paid for a second one from another teammate. Mine expire in 29 days and then they are gone forever and I will be so sad.

Edited by Xellie, 01 June 2015 - 03:58 AM.

#11 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:45 AM

No, they expire, I just was given one of the boxes for my birthday (by a teammate) and paid for a second one from another teammate. Mine expire in 29 days and then they are gone forever and I will be so sad.

Girl you better wear that -_- everyday

#12 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

Something that's just vanity+named+account bound wouldn't be a big deal. Just pls no extra stats & etc type rewards until the population gets a larger AoE res. n___n

Edit: Tho I would suggest the list of names of the people who qualify for any prize via a leader be said before instead of after the event and if x couldn't attend / is found not worthy, they are removed but you can't add anyone else to fill the spot. Prevents 'trades' of sorts that the server doesn't need from events like this.

Edited by Ambur, 01 June 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#13 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

I'm not entirely sure this would work very well on our server. If we ever get any real woe changes it may be something worth considering then. However right now with the number of forts and guilds/players it just doesnt seem like a good idea as there's really not enough competition for something like this in an ongoing basis.

The points also seem really weird. Is this being designed for 1.0 or 2.0? No bonus for holding econ for a week? It's a bit awkward for 2.0 but that should really be more important than just taking an extra fort (or even having over xyz econ).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users