IRO Chaos Renewal Royal Guard solo Valkyrie Randgris - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

IRO Chaos Renewal Royal Guard solo Valkyrie Randgris

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

After she reach 30% hp, she will cast Power-Up, Agi-Up, Quicken and EQ. I use +9 2*AK Gungnir EA10 to deal with her Agi-Up. The catch is after she reach 30% hp, whether you can kill her during Inspiration time. Because after inspiration your dps will be very low, and you gonna waste tons of YGGs. I choose to disengage and rebuff once she start to cast EQ

I actually hesitated a bit if I should upload this one, because that one fly wing disengage looks stupid. However not really sure if I can tanking her while casting inspiration and re-buff. The biggest challenge is that I have to switch to Imperial Guard for more Shield Spell ATK buff and to rebuff myself, and switch back to GTB Valk again. All these has to be done between the gap of her EQ, which is like 20 seconds. If Shield Spell mess up with me that I can't get the ATK buff then I am dead. So I consider this a safer way to do. 

If anyone want to try, theoretically the order should be Switch to Phen Accessory -> Switch Weapon (if necessary) -> Wait for her to EQ -> Switch Shield -> Wait for her to Dispell -> Inspiration -> Piety (Inspiration cancels piety, and her holy attack damage is insane) -> Other Self Buffs (Defensive Buffs first) -> Switch back to GTB shield -> Switch back to your original accessory. This process should be done within like 20-30 seconds (Whatever her Cool Down on EQ and Dispell are). On the same time spam YGGs. 

Thank you and hope some one can make a video of RG solo Valk w/o death or disengage. 

Edited by MournHaibara, 04 June 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#2 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

Nice ^^

#3 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:09 AM

I believe you made the correct choice to disengage and retreat for a buff up before continuing. If you call it a 'tactical retreat' it wouldnt sound so stupid.

Killing MVP's is serious business!

#4 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:37 AM

Agreed! RGs are probably the only ones capable of soloing valkyrie randgtis without dying like a few dozen times

#5 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:06 AM

Agreed! RGs are probably the only ones capable of soloing valkyrie randgtis without dying like a few dozen times

But in the case of competition it is totally different. When it is RG vs Gene, if RG want to do damage he has to tank, and if there's some one tanking for Gene then Gene's DPS crush any class, for Valk at least. Obviously in this server every Gene player knows how to take this advantage.

Edited by MournHaibara, 05 June 2015 - 09:17 AM.

#6 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:33 AM

Very good Mourn!

#7 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

But in the case of competition it is totally different. When it is RG vs Gene, if RG want to do damage he has to tank, and if there's some one tanking for Gene then Gene's DPS crush any class, for Valk at least. Obviously in this server every Gene player knows how to take this advantage.

Are you trying to say your RG exists to get NTR'ed by Gene's?!

I hate NTR!!!

#8 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:19 AM

Are you trying to say your RG exists to get NTR'ed by Gene's?!

I hate NTR!!!

There are two genes also camping Valk atm. When they see I am trying to kill Valk they will just start to bomb her. Well it is not against the rule. MVPs are free for all so there's nothing you can say. Anyway I am not a saint I don't want to be a free tanker for them. So I will just wing away, and then things get complicated. I've seen how Genes solo her. They basically throw a bomb and wing away. This could sometimes cause Valk to use teleport. So the result is Valk can be at any place on the map, and the 3 of us trying to find her. Whoever find her deals some damage, and has to wing away again. Sometimes it can take up to half an hour to kill her.

The problem for me is that after she agi-up, I will have to use inspiration to do enough damage. At this time if a gene shows up and I wing away then I waste my inspiration time, and inspiration have 5 min CD. So Gene still has advantage under such situation.

Anyway there's no one doing wrong. Just Genes in nature are better at MVPs.

Edited by MournHaibara, 05 June 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#9 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

Very nice!

Though @717348868 - some gene's can do it without dying at all. I am getting close to that xD

#10 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

Havenn, if u had a Sera I bet you would be able to solo her by now. :-)

#11 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:00 PM

Oh I can solo her, just down to 1 token now. Kami can do no token using CC. Maxed damage is more important on Valk tho I think, faster kill, less time to worry about damage lol

#12 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:21 PM

Yeah bro, I saw your video :-)

Kami is a beast though. He/she (not sure of gender) has a ton of equip and knows how to play her class. Really cool stuff

#13 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

yay cool video  :ok:  :ok:  :ok:

#14 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

yay cool video  :ok:  :ok:  :ok:

433 posts :p_omg: 

No wonder you don't have time to level :p_laugh:

#15 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

You might be the first Royal Guard to kill Rangrids in iRO

#16 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:38 AM

sounds so cooooooool

i guess other RGs just don't bother to try?

#17 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:19 PM

I think the guy who wrote the pinned guide, Hayroh, did that before w/o GTB. He mentioned this in his RG guide. The reason few RG want to solo her is that it is not worth it unless there's an item drop bonus event. You invest a lot on pots while Valk Armors are cheap and don't have ideal drop rate. Its card is also not that OP (Even though I think it has the coolest sketch). Another reason might be that RG is at huge disadvantage when competing against Gene

#18 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:04 AM

I see Mourn. Makes sense. I wonder if you could solo Ifrit

#19 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

I see Mourn. Makes sense. I wonder if you could solo Ifrit

Ifrit itself should be easier, as it doesn't hit that hard as Valk. It also doesn't use agi-up. The only thing is that he has higher flee than Valk and his 100% hit requirement is usually higher than RG's normal hit if w/o inspiration. So using Gungnir with water enchant and Dex+20 food should be a solution to it.

The real thing that prevent me to solo it is that it is hard to survive in Thor Volcano 3. That place is too dangerous with all those Sword and Bow Guardian

#20 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:17 PM

Hmm, As level 175 I would think that it should be a lot easier than pre renewal times. Unless they buffed the mobs there after that.

Off topic- Did you make all of your zeny with your RG or did you use another class for that?

Edited by MoyuZ777, 13 June 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#21 Thallein

Thallein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

After she reach 30% hp, she will cast Power-Up, Agi-Up, Quicken and EQ. I use +9 2*AK Gungnir EA10 to deal with her Agi-Up. The catch is after she reach 30% hp, whether you can kill her during Inspiration time. Because after inspiration your dps will be very low, and you gonna waste tons of YGGs. I choose to disengage and rebuff once she start to cast EQ

I actually hesitated a bit if I should upload this one, because that one fly wing disengage looks stupid. However not really sure if I can tanking her while casting inspiration and re-buff. The biggest challenge is that I have to switch to Imperial Guard for more Shield Spell ATK buff and to rebuff myself, and switch back to GTB Valk again. All these has to be done between the gap of her EQ, which is like 20 seconds. If Shield Spell mess up with me that I can't get the ATK buff then I am dead. So I consider this a safer way to do. 

If anyone want to try, theoretically the order should be Switch to Phen Accessory -> Switch Weapon (if necessary) -> Wait for her to EQ -> Switch Shield -> Wait for her to Dispell -> Inspiration -> Piety (Inspiration cancels piety, and her holy attack damage is insane) -> Other Self Buffs (Defensive Buffs first) -> Switch back to GTB shield -> Switch back to your original accessory. This process should be done within like 20-30 seconds (Whatever her Cool Down on EQ and Dispell are). On the same time spam YGGs. 

Thank you and hope some one can make a video of RG solo Valk w/o death or disengage. 

Jeez louise. +1 +1 +1 +1. Props. Thanks for the Video. I now see that my RG does have purpose afterall. He's 132 and I used every single TI into job until inspiration was maxed...but for some reason he still sucked to me. Gungnir is the way to go....Thanks!

#22 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

Hmm, As level 175 I would think that it should be a lot easier than pre renewal times. Unless they buffed the mobs there after that.

Off topic- Did you make all of your zeny with your RG or did you use another class for that?

In early stage I have a Chaser to farm WWS for basic gears. But yes I use RG to farm for all high-end gears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users