Damage Boosters ruin PVP in TG - Page 3 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Damage Boosters ruin PVP in TG

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#51 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:05 PM

Testify. 

#52 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

The boosters completely nullify clerics because

1) the booster buffs are better
2) damage output is too high (on boosters) for clerics to be able to stay alive for more than 3 seconds

The reason why some clans (not calling out names) only use scouts and raiders (stealth classes) to completely nuke down players in TG.

It's really simple, remove boosters or nerf them in TG and players will have a lot more fun playing this game outside of AA.

#53 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

IT doesn't nullify clerics imo. They're meant for healing/supporting, them having buffs was just a 'bonus'. 

#54 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:21 PM

Yeah healing and supporting like you said. Too bad they just get destroyed by the absurd amount of damage characters can do with boosters.

#55 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

Yeah healing and supporting like you said. Too bad they just get destroyed by the absurd amount of damage characters can do with boosters.

Clerics can still heal/support with good teamplay. So i disagree on that.

#56 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

Yeah but tossing those same boosters [for defense] on the cleric helps, plus having a knight slave for protection buff. 

#57 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:01 AM

Clerics can still heal/support with good teamplay. So i disagree on that.

I never see you in TG. I'll be sure to buy 1 booster just to prove a point to you

#58 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:04 AM

Yeah but tossing those same boosters [for defense] on the cleric helps, plus having a knight slave for protection buff.

One of the biggest problems is the damage gives +50% damage and that's not even counting sigils or arua's blessings. The difference between the defense booster and knight buff isn't as large between the cleric damage buff and damage booster/sigil or blessing.

#59 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:13 AM

I never see you in TG. I'll be sure to buy 1 booster just to prove a point to you

*facepalm* i should never ever reply to something when I am that tired as this morning :p_swt:

my apologize with my sleepy head i figured it was also meant about Game Arena, there you can still support/heal as cleric when there is good team work.

TG is more a grave for fs, so if i go there i expect to die :heh: or i use my stealth raider  :P.

Again sorry, my statement was about Game Arena and with being sleepy i got it totally wrong  :p_sleep:

#60 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:46 AM

*facepalm* i should never ever reply to something when I am that tired as this morning :p_swt:

my apologize with my sleepy head i figured it was also meant about Game Arena, there you can still support/heal as cleric when there is good team work.

TG is more a grave for fs, so if i go there i expect to die :heh: or i use my stealth raider  :P.

Again sorry, my statement was about Game Arena and with being sleepy i got it totally wrong  :p_sleep:

Exactly what I'm trying to point out. No clerics go to TG meaning its just stealth classes fighting each other like you said "I use my stealth raider" because Clerics die instantly and are useless.

#61 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

Like how this got moved to get it away from the public eye, GG.

#62 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

let people boosting using IM booster in TG or any PvP map ,, thats fine ...

they paid to get stronger , u can also buy that booster ..

everybody have the same choice, to buy , to use IM booster ..

its provided to everybody ..

and also TG is not the only PvP map, that u can train ,,,

i went to DOD, and it always dead, \

dead meaning not even 1 people there ...

should removed this map from rose ...  :) jk

Edited by siryu, 09 June 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#63 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

#64 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:28 PM

They are doing the opposite of what a company would need to do if they wanted to improve lmao...

#65 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:57 PM

They are doing the opposite of what a company would need to do if they wanted to improve lmao...

I'm not sure why the boosters are a pay to win feature. They should be for leveling or farming. Paying to gain a temporary increase in stats vs other free to play players is not fair at all.

#66 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:23 AM

While I agree that paying to be superior is a terrible business model for a free to play game to use, I already know the counter argument. Something along the lines of "Training Grounds PvP is unregulated as it does not provide any rewards and is simply an open pvp field to test in". That being said, it's still not true. 

The removal of the Clan Wars [while warranted due to exploitation] immediately handicapped Clan vs Clan competition, one of the biggest draws to online MMO PvP players. Now, clans are forced into a situation where every zone they can reliably PvP in, is unregulated and therefore becomes a situation of which ever clan has more paying members automatically wins. This is even more of a put off than the fact that Clan vs Clan combat used to be supported but was removed in the first place. It's like sucker punching someone in the gut [removal of clan wars] then spitting on them while there down [allowing P2Win Clan Fights to keep occurring]. That may seem like a harsh analysis, however for those player whose only interest is Clan vs Clan combat, that's what it truly feels like. All the effort put into grinding the levels, grinding the honor points, grinding the refines, grinding the passives, grinding the gems and subs, and grinding the king sets literally goes out the window at the cost of 50cents a booster pack. How trivial and lowball that is I cannot attest to enough. 

And all of that also goes for 1v1 fights. Testing yourself against someone else can just as easily be manipulated by boosters as the above situation. 

#67 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:15 AM

While I agree that paying to be superior is a terrible business model for a free to play game to use, I already know the counter argument. Something along the lines of "Training Grounds PvP is unregulated as it does not provide any rewards and is simply an open pvp field to test in". That being said, it's still not true.

The removal of the Clan Wars [while warranted due to exploitation] immediately handicapped Clan vs Clan competition, one of the biggest draws to online MMO PvP players. Now, clans are forced into a situation where every zone they can reliably PvP in, is unregulated and therefore becomes a situation of which ever clan has more paying members automatically wins. This is even more of a put off than the fact that Clan vs Clan combat used to be supported but was removed in the first place. It's like sucker punching someone in the gut [removal of clan wars] then spitting on them while there down [allowing P2Win Clan Fights to keep occurring]. That may seem like a harsh analysis, however for those player whose only interest is Clan vs Clan combat, that's what it truly feels like. All the effort put into grinding the levels, grinding the honor points, grinding the refines, grinding the passives, grinding the gems and subs, and grinding the king sets literally goes out the window at the cost of 50cents a booster pack. How trivial and lowball that is I cannot attest to enough.

And all of that also goes for 1v1 fights. Testing yourself against someone else can just as easily be manipulated by boosters as the above situation.

This post deserves to be pinned at the beginning of this thread.

#68 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:39 AM

We need Clan Fields on every planets... dropping extremly rare things... and where those IM garbage items wouldn't be allowed... This is smthing I talked about many many many times.

If that was to happen... who cares if some frustrated teenager boost up everytime they enter TG (oh yes... there s a lot of them... always makes my day :P) as the real deal would be happening in some clan specific maps!

(not to mention that it would give a solid purpose for clans to regroup together and work on getting all their members stronger)

I will not drop on that idea.

#69 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

I'm not sure why the boosters are a pay to win feature. They should be for leveling or farming. Paying to gain a temporary increase in stats vs other free to play players is not fair at all.

So, I bet you have none of your items refined, or none of the IM passives.  ? 
Thats not fair.... :x 

#70 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:20 AM

You can refine without IM and farm the passives as well, so shut up canehda. 

#71 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:07 PM

So, I bet you have none of your items refined, or none of the IM passives. ?
Thats not fair.... :x

You can refine without IM and farm the passives as well, so shut up canehda.

#72 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

if you want to put it that way, you can pay with zullies for boosters too, so whats the big deal then? 

#73 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:16 PM

You cannot generate them from in game methods, which means you rely on OTHER peoples prices, not your own effort. supply and demand, it's a thing. 

#74 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

Canada does not pvp in TG so I don't understand why he even opposes the removal of boosters as a pay to win feature.

#75 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:26 AM

I highly disagree with the removal of them, honestly; where else can you use them anyway... I mean sure, you can use them in PVM... but, what's the point there, you cant even use red jellies in ruins, or DoD; which is dead anyway...  -- TG is the only map in existence where a person can use all IM consumables

Maybe they need to implement yet, another place where IM consumables are completely useless.... cause only having one place where one cause use full consumables *shrug* 

-- I've been wanting to get the devs to implement a event where you can use them in AA..... (a place, where it was already removed) 

The market is pretty flooded with auras... there is an acceleration sigil drought though... needs to come back into spin sometime soon. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 18 June 2015 - 06:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users