Map Info / Quest Suggestion - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Map Info / Quest Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

When questing, I find myself wandering around given map, to find the monsters I need to kill for my quest.

Then I find a spot with 3-4 of such mobs, but their respawn is slow, So I go and try to find another good spot, but usually there are only 1 or 2 mobs on other spots, or none at all.

A map, exactly like the one when you are in Town (With the list of NPCs and all) should be applied for the other regions of the game, with monsters on it.

That should work like... by pressing N in any non-city map, it would display a list of the monsters that are on the map, and by passing the cursor on the monster's name or portrait, the map would glow an area of where the monsters can be found, so that would be alot easier in Big Maps.

Or that function could just be added on "J -> World" Window, where it does shows the monsters on the area, but when you click on them, there is no info of where they can be found on the map.

Another thing that bothers me, is how low is the drop-rate for some quests. I had to quest for 60 items, that were dropped by 1 kind of monster, in a certain map ONLY. There were like 4-5 of such monsters in one spot, and like 1-2 in random spots, what made the quest harder and boring. In order of these monsters to drop the items I needed, I had to kill around 5-6 for 1 drop, so that makes it around 300-360 monsters of the same kind to be killed in order to finish the quest. After a bit, I just dropped that quest and gave up.

Either, increase the drop of quest items from monsters, but only the items that are needed in lots for a quest (40-60), Increase the respawn rate of all monsters on open-fields, or make spots with more monsters on the maps, instead of spreading groups of 1-2 mobs across the map.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users