We are missing some rare items in this game - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

We are missing some rare items in this game

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:49 PM

Would be great if these very very very rare items can be acquired through a strong boss which has special ability (teleportation etc. etc.)at a certain drop chance percentage which can be found in an event map which is Programatically held every N times a day or a week or a month, and is a PVP deathmatch map (no one is an ally). and if ever you die N times, you will be eliminated but as a consolation price you will get honor pts. basing from your combat stats.

#27 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:55 PM

Some of those like Giant Antler or Kera's Pet or some rare white gorgeous CG, are they considered rare?

As far as I know, Kera's Pet is from a certain event in Zant or Kenji Beach where Queen Kera spawned like ants.

#28 WaifuPillow

WaifuPillow

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

Would be great if these very very very rare items can be acquired through a strong boss which has special ability (teleportation etc. etc.)at a certain drop chance percentage which can be found in an event map which is Programatically held every N times a day or a week or a month, and is a PVP deathmatch map (no one is an ally). and if ever you die N times, you will be eliminated but as a consolation price you will get honor pts. basing from your combat stats.

You really think a Free for all map will really make everyone independent? There are plenty of clans in this game that causing drama in TG, and I'm sure they will team up in this FFA map and farm this thing.

Some of those like Giant Antler or Kera's Pet or some rare white gorgeous CG, are they considered rare?

As far as I know, Kera's Pet is from a certain event in Zant or Kenji Beach where Queen Kera spawned like ants.

Giant antler is really easy to get, it's from the angry reindeer boss in mount eruca, you will see it during christmas event.

Kera's Pet was not too hard to get until they deleted the Queen kera from prison, there were 5 kera in the past, but now only has one at the end of the map, so it is pretty tough to get kera medallion and kera pet.

White gorgeous CG also known as aurum CG, there is a thread regarding that in here, but there was a new one given out recently to a PvP event winner.

http://forums.warppo...t-looking-back/

Edited by WaifuPillow, 15 June 2015 - 08:38 PM.

#29 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:55 PM

You really think a Free for all map will really make everyone independent? There are plenty of clans in this game that causing drama in TG, and I'm sure they will team up in this FFA map and farm this thing.

Yes i really do think so.. just make it so that there is no mini-map like SC, Names of other character's in-game cannot be seen, every class has a uniform appearance and the map to be wide but ever wall/edge should be, if not entirely then almost the same.. though i think it's too hard for devs to even priortize first knowing there are other things that needs attention.

#30 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

Giant antler is really easy to get, it's from the angry reindeer boss in mount eruca, you will see it during christmas event.

Kera's Pet was not too hard to get until they deleted the Queen kera from prison, there were 5 kera in the past, but now only has one at the end of the map, so it is pretty tough to get kera medallion and kera pet.

White gorgeous CG also known as aurum CG, there is a thread regarding that in here, but there was a new one given out recently to a PvP event winner.

http://forums.warppo...t-looking-back/

I haven't seen any Kera's Pet drop from Queen Kera.

I used to farm her last year but she only dropped Bone Spider mount. Not the Kera's Pet (Which resembles Bone Spider King)

#31 WaifuPillow

WaifuPillow

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

I used to farm her last year but she only dropped Bone Spider mount. Not the Kera's Pet (Which resembles Bone Spider King)

May be I get confused with the name, I don't remember the exact name of the item. But the mount that I got from killing queen kera is not the one looked like bone spider king, it is a small sized bone spider, just like the thing you see around the bone spider king in sikuku ruins.

Perhaps the kera drop both mounts? :hmm:

#32 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

It was at IM i believe

#33 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

May be I get confused with the name, I don't remember the exact name of the item. But the mount that I got from killing queen kera is not the one looked like bone spider king, it is a small sized bone spider, just like the thing you see around the bone spider king in sikuku ruins.

Perhaps the kera drop both mounts? :hmm:

I asked the guy who has Kera's Pet and he said it was Event reward.

It resembles Bone Spider King (Purple Eyes, thorns on his head).

While the mount dropped from Kera is just Bone Spider (Blue eyes, small)

#34 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:33 AM

kera pet also can obtained from Item Mall

Edited by siryu, 16 June 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#35 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:52 AM

kera pet also can obtained from Item Mall

I see. So they're no longer considered rare.

I would say I survived! T-shirt is unique (only a certain number of people have it) :heh:

#36 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:13 AM

I really like this idea and would really like in in game.

This is my idea.

• Every 3 days a king has absorb all energy from the dead souls from Monsters that have been killed thru these 3 days. He gets enough energy to wake up and bring back he's reveange. Then it should be hard to kill him becuse of hes uniques attacks. 
  • The Map is not pvp.
  • Let's say there is 30 players attacking this king. The drop will randomly go to someone becuse this will make everyone has a chance to get the drop.
  • The drop dosen't get effected by any gem that increase the drop rate, or medallions, or premium. It should be like medallions, but even harder.
  • Every 30 days, the king will be so angry so he/she will call he's best friend. This will make so every 30 days there will be two kings so bigger chance to get the drop. 

#37 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:57 AM

This is my idea.

• Every 3 days a king has absorb all energy from the dead souls from Monsters that have been killed thru these 3 days. He gets enough energy to wake up and bring back he's reveange. Then it should be hard to kill him becuse of hes uniques attacks. 
  • The Map is not pvp.
  • Let's say there is 30 players attacking this king. The drop will randomly go to someone becuse this will make everyone has a chance to get the drop.
  • The drop dosen't get effected by any gem that increase the drop rate, or medallions, or premium. It should be like medallions, but even harder.
  • Every 30 days, the king will be so angry so he/she will call he's best friend. This will make so every 30 days there will be two kings so bigger chance to get the drop. 

I like this. Sometimes the boss should give nothing as well.... because if there is a "very rare" prize everytime....then it won't be so rare after a little bit.

I think it should randomly pop up, not just "every 3 days"... have it on a monster HP absorb, meaning that once it gains all the HP it needs from the "dead souls" of monsters, it will spawn randomly somewhere in the game(different map and place each time). So to make it spawn, it would take people out farming and leveling and fighting monsters all the time so that the more that people are killing monsters, the faster they the HP "dead soul" absorber fills up, hence get it to spawn. It would take a TON of monsters from all over ROSE in its entirety to be killed(absorbed) for it to spawn. Also, make it so the "HP absorber" is hidden, so nobody truly knows when its filled up....making it feel at random, but making them know if it hasn't popped up they need to keep farming and leveling and anything that kills monsters.

Edited by SirSlayer, 16 June 2015 - 03:00 AM.

#38 omgmmmmmmm

omgmmmmmmm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:00 AM

This is my idea.

• The Map is not pvp.

I agree with you, however, if you really want a big boss like that the map should be pvp. That will make small clans merge into bigger clans and will also creat an huge teamwork play for every clan. However, 3 days is way too much. It Should be more like every 4/5hours and the better drops should be hard to get, with a really low percentage.

#39 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:05 AM

I agree with you, however, if you really want a big boss like that the map should be pvp. That will make small clans merge into bigger clans and will also creat an huge teamwork play for every clan. However, 3 days is way too much. It Should be more like every 4/5hours and the better drops should be hard to get, with a really low percentage.

I think for the pvp map... I think sometimes it should spawn in pvp maps, and sometimes it should spawn in pvm maps. Always be at a random on where it spawns so nobody knows and is prepared for anything!

I think 3 days is perfect...if not longer... we are talking about "VERY RARE" items...so it should have a VERY RARE chance of getting it... meaning, rare spawn.... rare chance of getting item.

#40 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:08 AM

I like you'r tought SirSlayer. If the king randomly spawns in any map. Players will discover new things also in the maps. Something they never seen. 

I don't agree that the king should spawn every 4/5 hours. Becuse as SirSlayer. This King and item should be realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll *breathing* lllllllllllllly unique and it should atleast take 30 min to kill the king. (Really depends who are attacking it but normaly 30 min to kill it.)

#41 omgmmmmmmm

omgmmmmmmm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:10 AM

Still i played rose overlast  10 years, a 3day spawn is ridiculous and not everyone will ever get the chance to get it cause of our GMTs. Which is not fair cause everybody should be able to get the chance. If you can kill a boss with, lets say, 0.02% of droping the item, im pretty sure it will be so hard to get and everybody will have the chance.

#42 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

Maybe 2 kings per 3 days? but they spawn 2 different times. 

#43 omgmmmmmmm

omgmmmmmmm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:14 AM

Maybe 2 kings per 3 days? but they spawn 2 different times. 

Nope, that wouldnt work. 

I dont really get why you guys are focusing in making the boss rare and not the items. 

If they put an item with a very low percentage of droping, im pretty sure it will be very hard to get. 

You dont need to make a boss rare to make the item rare. All you need to do is change their percentage of droping.

#44 omgmmmmmmm

omgmmmmmmm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:30 AM

And btw guys, when i started this thread, it was kinda with the goal of creating something to make us play the game more. Not to play the game every 3 days :P

Thats just my opinion.

#45 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:33 AM

Having the boss itself not be rare as well, puts boredom on it just like any other boss there is....the only excitement left of it is that "rare" item....which means, people will camp wherever it spawns all the time and it will be an aoe fest.... or they will just run after it every amount of time.

The spontaneity of it all makes it even better. Also, to say that "not everybody would get a fair chance" means you didn't read my suggestion. So I'll say it again...

If the monster had a "dead soul absorber" meaning HP sucker, it would only spawn when the HP has reached its max. The HP starts at 1%, and gets more and more as people kill mobs throughout the game....once the HP reaches 100%(meaning it absorbed enough "dead souls"/i.e. monsters killed throughout the game) it would randomly spawn..... SOOOOO, it would spawn randomly every time...because nobody would know how far the HP "dead soul absorber" is at, so they keep fighting mobs to get it to 100%....which it could get to 100% at any time of day, on any given day. 

Example:

One week it could spawn 3 times or more....because a lot of people are getting on and leveling and playing dungeons, and game arena, and just out about farming.

The next week it may spawn once or not spawn at all because the game is not really active as much that week and not enough monsters were killed in order to reach 100% on the dead soul absorber.

#46 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:39 AM

That is an interesting idea. It is kind of like the Super Worm Dragon, in that no one knows how to make it spawn (I think ). This could very likely put some interest into the game. My only problem with things such as these, are those that stand around waiting for the mob to die, so they can run in with their spead gears and quickly claim the prize if it drops. Also, the lower levels would be quickly outmatched by the higher levels once word gets out.

#47 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

Something I want to contest here is the loot RNG. Especially on ROSE it's a terrible mechanic to use for a low population / casual game server.

While I admire the idea of the Boss 'absorbing souls/energy' from fallen monsters and spawning once it hits that amount, that's where it totally breaks down.

What I'd more enjoy seeing is something like~

Everyone who participate's has an 'x' factor % to get 

-legendary

-epic

-very rare

items. A 'super boss' should never, EVER not drop something, and it certainly shouldn't drop 1 cheezeburger for 1 person to get, veritably slapping 60+ people in the face for even wasting their time on it. And I do say wasting intentionally. If there is no sense of accomplishment or reward, then that only leaves a 'fun' factor, and super boss fights in ROSE are definitely not fun in terms of the combat. Socially they're enjoyable, but anytime you gather up 60+ active people there's bound to be a sense of fun, because humans are social creatures. In game terms though.... Loot sucks, RNG suck on casual MMO's, and lengthy un-eventful super boss fights are boring. 

So yeah, everyone who participates gets a loot roll [like in GA] guarenteed atleast a 'very rare' tier item, if not more. And for the love of god update all the super bosses to do something fun, atleast the super worm dragon spawns a boatload of minions periodically. 

#48 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:08 AM

Something I want to contest here is the loot RNG. Especially on ROSE it's a terrible mechanic to use for a low population / casual game server.

While I admire the idea of the Boss 'absorbing souls/energy' from fallen monsters and spawning once it hits that amount, that's where it totally breaks down.

-legendary

-epic

-very rare

items. A 'super boss' should never, EVER not drop something, and it certainly shouldn't drop 1 cheezeburger for 1 person to get, veritably slapping 60+ people in the face for even wasting their time on it. And I do say wasting intentionally. If there is no sense of accomplishment or reward, then that only leaves a 'fun' factor, and super boss fights in ROSE are definitely not fun in terms of the combat. Socially they're enjoyable, but anytime you gather up 60+ active people there's bound to be a sense of fun, because humans are social creatures. In game terms though.... Loot sucks, RNG suck on casual MMO's, and lengthy un-eventful super boss fights are boring. 

So yeah, everyone who participates gets a loot roll [like in GA] guarenteed atleast a 'very rare' tier item, if not more. And for the love of god update all the super bosses to do something fun, atleast the super worm dragon spawns a boatload of minions periodically. 

I have to +1 this.. at the exception that imo... not everyone should have a drop!

In fact, as I experienced in some ither mmo (that i could mention if needed... wich isn t any kind of ROSE), those super bosses when they appear could turn the whole map in a pvp zone where only members of the same clan could see themselves has friendly targets... knowing that they would have a 100% chance of dropping 1 very rare item... many different clans will definitly want to compete in order to have the drop... or alliance might be formed too in order to raise the chance of getting the drop... that could then be shared (each clan taking the drop by turn).

This would be a fantastic feature to have in ROSE... only if IM buffs were completly desabled on this map when it does turn PVP...ofcourse.

Those drops could be ranked as "legendary" .... new jewelry or even gears/weapons that can be traded but character locked on equip... using legendary bindrunes/talisman to refine them wich could be dropped by minions spawning around the super boss during the killing phase.

Another point is... all those bosses should be lvl 250... and drops there should be way better than the ones ppl can aquiere playing game arena... and ofc the spawn method of those bosses should be timed based... but maybe... kill based? like a super aqua king spawning after 100 aqua king get defeated on a precise map.... (this is just an example... it could work with pretty much every bosses on every maps).

This would probably take time and effort to design correctly, but could be a very very sweet unique feature that only this server would have.

#49 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

That is an interesting idea. It is kind of like the Super Worm Dragon, in that no one knows how to make it spawn (I think ). This could very likely put some interest into the game. My only problem with things such as these, are those that stand around waiting for the mob to die, so they can run in with their spead gears and quickly claim the prize if it drops. Also, the lower levels would be quickly outmatched by the higher levels once word gets out.

Well the prize wouldn't be a "drop"...it would be something that would be instantly put into one of the fighters inventory or in their item mall tab as long as they hit the mob a certain amount of times or did a certain amount of damage to contribute. So it would choose someone at random each time that it did give out the very rare prize.

#50 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

-legendary

-epic

-very rare

It isn't a RNG, because an RNG is "random"... it isn't random, it's just that people can't see when it will spawn because they don't know what % the soul absorber is at.

I believe for some to be considered SUPER as in SUPER boss, and people wanting a VERY RARE...meaning VERY RARE(unlike even the most rare items in this game now), then it shouldn't give the very rare item every time. I do agree it should give SOMETHING everything, meaning it should give like an EPIC or 25million zulie or something worth fighting a huge boss that is considered SUPER.....but the VERY RARE prize should drop VERY RARELY!.... i.e. making it worthy of keep coming back to fight for.

Note: I did say it shouldn't "drop" anything, it should place the item in either the players inventory or item mall to avoid the "speed" runners, who just run in to quickly get drops every time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users