• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:48 AM

I would like to have weekly updated pvp games rankings, and this should definitly be very easy to pull out, now that we know for sure Leonis do have the tools needed to extract statisitcs from the different arena games, it would not tkae them more than a few hours to come up with a full automated system updating himself every week. Rankings could be available via a forum section... or a new categorie on the main web page, there s no real need to create an ingame feature for such a thing, as this would requiere some extra work hours.

I believe such a feature would be very positive for the game... creating some kind of competitive race between players who want to see their names on the top... giving 1 more reason for players to play pvp arena games.

I believe several ranking could been done : 

- Kill ranking

- total damage ranking

- total victory/defeat ranking (to have some kind of win ratio)

A special cleric section : Total heal 

From those specific infos... the staff could establish a final classment... ordered by classes, so to see who is the best at playing their respective classes in those games.

Ofcourse, I would find it fair that the best players of each classes would then have access to some kind of reward... distributed on a weekly basis (could be IM stuff...or ingame items... or better... a timed "winner" costume to be able to display your achievement ingame... with a 1 week timer only ofcourse... so only those actually on top for the precedent week could have access to it)

PVM games arena could also have a weekly ranking feature with for example a weekly "time atack" ranking... where the 3 fastest team to clear each dungeons would also have access to some rewards, but this might be slightly harder to do... as I do not know if the admin team can keep track on who was partying with who, for every dungeons, with the total clear time... to save those datas under a specific tab (giving them random names.. team1 team2... blahblah)... to then be able to order this tab from the fastest clear time to the slowest... etc

Anyway... felt like posting it here... to see if I m the only one who would appreciate such a feature... and ofc to make it possible for players to add more ideas to this topic.

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:51 AM

that seems nice

#3 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:21 AM

Based on the stats you are posting it wouldn't work - if you did it by an average - one game with30 kills and high damage , don't play again for the week and you win.

If you did it for overall game (not average - just totals) it wouldn't work, it would only benefit people who are on the game 24/7 and playing all the time

From a clerics point of view , total healing doesn't mean you win and your the best cleric in the game cause you healed loads - totally wrong, stand in crystal and spam party heal and play games all day long - I don't see why that should be rewarded as the 'best cleric' - takes no skill at all,
in my opinion most of the best clerics I see in game aren't always the top of the score board for healing a ton

#4 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

I think there is a player ranking planned, but i don't want to spoil too much here - but stuff like achievments and player rankings/ranked gamemodes are surly planned.

I doubt that a player ranking would be beneficial since it would - as callum said - motivate people to start playing stat and not win focused.

Example: Gunbourg X focuses now only weak Player Y instead of focusing the high priority target Z - just to boost the score...

If that would be generalised classbased I would have no problem with it tho.

Btw wrong section.

#5 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:36 AM

Based on the stats you are posting it wouldn't work - if you did it by an average - one game with30 kills and high damage , don't play again for the week and you win.

If you did it for overall game (not average - just totals) it wouldn't work, it would only benefit people who are on the game 24/7 and playing all the time

From a clerics point of view , total healing doesn't mean you win and your the best cleric in the game cause you healed loads - totally wrong, stand in crystal and spam party heal and play games all day long - I don't see why that should be rewarded as the 'best cleric' - takes no skill at all,
in my opinion most of the best clerics I see in game aren't always the top of the score board for healing a ton

I understand your point, ofcourse, but as a matter of fact, it would be quite tricky to determine the actual skill level of each clerics, that s why the win ratio would also play its part in the final classment I guess. I do not have any idea on wich other data could be used on the precise cleric class... maybe including a "dmg recieved/death" ratio would be good too to determine who s the most tanky... I'm really not sure about this. This kind of thing is precisely what makes posting those things in general discussion... I do not have the pretention to think my ideas are good and polished enougth to be posted as straight suggestions, and by discussing about it, greater ideas can eventually emerge.

As for the fact that this kind of calculation would only reward people being able to grind those arena games the most... I do not see any possible solutions to that... because by making it an average, it would then make it possible for players to try to "cheat" by arranging games with their clan mates or friends (creating several groups) in order to have the best stat possible on this 1 match.... making it very unfair for people who would be consistently good within the whole week. Plus.. it s quite natural to think that players grinding the most should obtain the most, but that might just be me ;x

PS : Thinking about it... maybe including a minimum game played would solve this problem... like : Minimum game requiered in order to be part of the ranking = 10 (or more... my first idea was 20... but this might be too high, idk)... and then average datas could become relevant.

#6 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:26 AM

bump... and guess why I was posting this into general discussion????????????????? To have more feedback and gather more ideas about this subject before it goes in a subforum that noone ever check!

So my dear mods... and forum knights whining coz I post in the wrong section... you are nice and everything... but seriously... next time... give it a few days before moving things this way... ppl do actually have reasons sometimes to do what they are doing! 

damn if I could give a slap on the back of ur heads I would definitly be doing it! silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users