Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:29 AM

Hi guys,

Been back playing a few weeks after a 11 year absence (I remember playing in the days before 2-2 jobs etc!). Must admit I'm a bit disappointed with the class now I've turned GX. Done my first TI and just got embarrassed by the other AOE. Oh well, it's still been great fun and easy to level.

I'm not sure what direction I'll head when I finally reach 175, probably MVP since WOE times are a bit prohibitive for me. Until then I gather the way to do it is just RC every mob in sight - fine.

It seems now then that although fairly fun, AGI is a redundant stat. I can't dodge an entire group of monsters, and a high ASPD doesn't matter if I'm not ctrl + clicking one by one. So I'm thinking of resetting my stats to better aid my levelling now, does anyone have any suggestions?

Here is my current stats and gear at level 99:

rag1.jpg

rag2.jpg

rag3.jpg

rag4.jpg

rag5.jpg

Rag6_2xsharp1_1x_STR_2.jpg

I know the ring and CD probably aren't ideal, but they've been great fun to have while leveling and I'll use them on other characters. I imagine I'll have to change them out soon when I know what I want.

I plan on getting a HBP soon with a Raydric card to also see me up to 175.

So yeah .. any advice on stats welcome? Should I drop AGI and pump VIT / STR up to 90 for the HBP? Or anything else?

Thanks!

#2 Khaioz

Khaioz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:57 AM

I think you should make a hybrid build(refer to irowiki) to assure effective leveling
Then you can reset to pure crit build once you reach end game or at least level 150

#3 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:10 AM

I can't see a hybrid build on there?

Only  these three:

• Rolling Cutter / Cross Ripper Slasher Katars <--- the one I plan to follow but am struggling to AOE with due to low vit
  •  
  • PVP / WoE Daggers
  •  
  • Pure Critical Build

Edited by Calza, 19 June 2015 - 04:11 AM.

#4 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:54 AM

High ASPD does matter if you are using Rolling Cutter, since it is ASPD based. At ASPD 190 you max out with 5 rolling cutters per second (it has a built in .2 second aftercast delay, and so you'll never be able to do more than 5 per second --- 190 aspd). 

I was disappointed with my first GX as well, and deleted it and promptly made a new one finding that with more careful allotment of stat points and with complementary gear I was having a much better time. The triple malicious is great until you hit 120 at which point you'll want to make a Thanatos katar for your all purpose weapon. 

Anyway, what kind of questions do you have? Regarding your stats, I think you're fine tbh. I suppose one can argue going over 90 AGI right now "is a waste" but it just doesn't matter. 

My base stats at 139 are something like: 

STR: 100 [should have kept this at 90, but eh]

AGI: 90

VIT: 69

INT: 1

DEX: 60

LUK: 90

Here's what I'd suggest that you do ---> raise your luck to about 30 (it gives you not only crit, but also ATK (every 3 luk = 1 atk)), put your dex to at least 50 so you can continue to hit the higher level monsters, and get more vit. 

Now, the above is under the impression you plan to RC your way for a while (which you should). If you get a rideword +9 or upgraded Vanar helm, you will basically never need to use healing items assuming you are mobbing a decent quantity of enemies (don't go nuts, 3-8 is fine if you can kill them in a few rotations). Keep your int at 1, and possibly look into getting a +9 heroic backpack --> it'll grant you atk, aspd, resistance, etc. based on which of your stats you raise to 90 (hence why my own has stats being built around 90). 

Tho I will reiterate that I do not think you need to reset your stats, at least not yet -- wait until you get higher level and see if you still regret those extra 9 points of agi. Not only that, if you plan to go for a full 175, you'll probably want 120 agi so you can take advantage of temporal agi boots. 

#5 Khaioz

Khaioz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:16 AM

I can't see a hybrid build on there?

Only  these three:

• Rolling Cutter / Cross Ripper Slasher Katars <--- the one I plan to follow but am struggling to AOE with due to low vit
  •  
  • PVP / WoE Daggers
  •  
  • Pure Critical Build

RC/CRS is the hybrid build

#6 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:10 AM

My old build and preferred build was 90 str, 120 agi, vit 80, dex 80 rest in luk. That was at around 150. I really enjoyed it. Now i went with 120 luk and my crit dmg is awesome but my RC is super weak.....

I am building a second gx that will have 120 str with temp str and bp

#7 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:15 AM

I didn't realise AGI affected RCS .. that is very reassuring then thanks!

I agree that knowing that, resetting just seems like a waste so I will keep going. I will want 120 eventually anyway. I think I just need a few more points in VIT first to make me less squishy and a bit more practice mobbing enemies. At the moment it's just spamming white potions galore.

Really appreciate the advice, it's given me reassurance! 

Oh and those two helms look amazing, I definitely want one of them! What card is best for helm btw?

Edited by Calza, 19 June 2015 - 09:16 AM.

#8 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:44 AM

I didn't realise AGI affected RCS .. that is very reassuring then thanks!

I agree that knowing that, resetting just seems like a waste so I will keep going. I will want 120 eventually anyway. I think I just need a few more points in VIT first to make me less squishy and a bit more practice mobbing enemies. At the moment it's just spamming white potions galore.

Really appreciate the advice, it's given me reassurance!

Oh and those two helms look amazing, I definitely want one of them! What card is best for helm btw?

Believe, I became level 151 with my GX soloing high ti with RC with the build I posted above. I
Made so much zeny as well with it.

Didn't use pots for the most part. My leeching gear was +9 rwh with carat and Thanatos katar with a hunter fly. That's pretty much all you need.

#9 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:36 AM

Thanks guys. Been playing around and getting into the swing of it a bit more, although I'm still a bit squishy!

Can I ask what the ideal Mid Head item is?

Also my DEX is now 50 (level 102), do I need to pump this up a little more or will this see me through for a while? I don't know what the trade off is in misses v other stats.

Edited by Calza, 20 June 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#10 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:06 AM

GX are so much fun :3

For my GX, I resetted it at 100 and pumped DEX to 75, this so you can hit every mob you might grind. Then, focused on STR, AGI and VIT. At level 102, you can get 70 on two stats and 67 on a third. Depending on your equips, is the one you want to pump to 90 first. Try and get a +9 iHBP, those are EXCELLENT for GX's.
Maybe pump VIT to 90, then STR, then AGI. That worked wonders for me. After all those are at 90, you can pump LUK to 90 to make a complete hybrid. At 150, I had ~90 STR, ~90 VIT, ~90 AGI and 75 DEX. I could do most instances no problem and even some MVP's.

Once you get to 120, try to get a Thanatos Katar, that one is the best PVM katar imo and the instance is easy too.

I don't know much on the route to 175 on GX, but I just assume you pump AGI to 120 and either STR or LUK to 120 too :v Until 160, Scarabas are nice, but past that, you'll need to be more aggresive. Nightmare CT is a nice choice right now.

Welp, that's some tips for you X3

Edited by VModCinnamon, 21 June 2015 - 02:50 AM.
Merged double post.

#11 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:25 AM

:o guess they were so much fun you had to make two posts :P

#12 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:32 AM

Huh, didn't notice. Stupid internet. :v

#13 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

rag7.jpg

Thanks for the advice, I've pumped DEX up to 65 now. Should I really look at going higher at my current level? (111/19)

Can anyone advise which headgear is best for mid?

Also at level 111 where should i be looking at going apart from TI's? 

Thanks!

#14 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

depending on what you want to do and your equips, I would probably pump VIT to 90 next, and then STR to 90, then AGI to 120. your DEX should be fine now. If you find yourself missing, get some FS enchants on some of your equip or pop Dex foods, or get Rogue Treasure, which you will need 90 STR to get the +10 Hit bonus.

After that I would pump luk to like 50.

Your main goal right now is to level up with RC and to RC you don't need anymore AGI than you got right now.

What level are you?

at 120 get a Thanatos Katar (Farm it yourself, really easy) otherwise spend 30m on getting one, put a Hunter Fly in it and that will replace your Jur. You will hit very hard, much harder than with the jur, while you recover hp/sp.

Also, I would switch the Vanagard helm for a RWH since your main leech should be HP. with the Thanatos katar and +9 rwh you will never run out of sp, and keep your HP up for the most part. Although you should be ok if you keep the Vanargard which you can use with other classes as well.

#15 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

Okay thanks, my plan was to look at VIT to 90 next anyway so that suits. I'm level 111 in that picture, although I now just turned 112.

Any advice on what to wear for middle helm?

#16 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

Okay thanks, my plan was to look at VIT to 90 next anyway so that suits. I'm level 111 in that picture, although I now just turned 112.

Any advice on what to wear for middle helm?

For slotted mid headgears, I'd usually use Status Immunity cards, i.e. Marduk (Silence), Deviruchi (Blind), or Elemental resist cards, i.e. Lei Olmai (+10% Fire Resist), Leaf Cat (+10%  Water Resist). All depends on where ur gonna be grinding/farming.

If you wanna go for damage, Dark Ping Carded BDM is great.

#17 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:32 PM

at that level with the amount of vit you got, you should be fine at Magma 2. Greed everything and you will be making 250k-400k per run until you become 125. at that point Abyss Lake 3 is good for exp and zeny.

Or you could go to Scaraba.

#18 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

How useful are elemental resist cards in general leveling, are most attacks not neutral? Going for a damage one seems the best bet for ease of use, I'll look into that card. What's a BDM?

I'm in Magma 2 currently and it's fairly smooth sailing, I can normally get all 3 150 bounties in 30 minutes, and yes the money is superb. Should I really stay here another 10 levels? Damn that seems like it's gonna be slow...

#19 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 21 June 2015 - 02:17 PM

elemental resist cards are useful whenever you're leveling on mobs that cast elemental spells. regular monster attacks are non-elemental (not neutral!), but are reduced by certain neutral resist cards (such as raydric/noxious/deviling etc.)

#20 Ahpingz

Ahpingz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:00 PM

My advise is almost same like moyu.. Get 90vit 90str to take advantage of the hbp, switch cat hand to RT or double RT..

I will stay at magma till 120 and get a +7 to +9 thanatos katar carded with malicious and +9 rwh for very good hp recovery..

After which u may do the scaraba quest and start to grind at scaraba till 150.. I will also switch sapha cloth to nab cloth fs enchant

For better dmg..

I only have 50dex on me and i already sufficient to hit scaraba with those bonus hit.. I do miss sometime but probably you will be doing 18k to 21k at scaraba with fire elemental scroll by then.. Around 4hit to finish them. I only have to bring a couple of pot for bad luck, lag situation..

#21 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:25 PM

How useful are elemental resist cards in general leveling, are most attacks not neutral? Going for a damage one seems the best bet for ease of use, I'll look into that card. What's a BDM?

I'm in Magma 2 currently and it's fairly smooth sailing, I can normally get all 3 150 bounties in 30 minutes, and yes the money is superb. Should I really stay here another 10 levels? Damn that seems like it's gonna be slow...

Calza I just went from 99 to 116 just today with my 2nd GX, soloing Mid TI with a Battle Manual. The exp is excellent!!!! I would suggest that If you have some spare money to invest in 2 battle manuals. if your damage is below 7k then you will have a hard time leeching hp.

I am using +9 RWH, +9 Krishna with 2 hunter fly until I turn 120 and can use my Thanatos katar. Also if u go to mid TI use a bathory armor and a raydric. bring about 300 pots and test the waters first to see if u can leech enough hp to not use pots.

if u want I can show u how I do it

PM at Bom~

Edit: level 120 now

Edited by MoyuZ777, 21 June 2015 - 09:16 PM.

#22 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:38 PM

Wow, how on earth are you solo'ing mid TI? What am I doing wrong? I've got a Raydric (See equips above) but no Bathory armor.

I've tried once or twice and I get absolutely destroyed fairly quickly.

Edited by Calza, 21 June 2015 - 10:41 PM.

#23 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:19 AM

I can give u a bathory if u want. And put it on a mink coat

The trick is, when you first start you need to grt a feel for i, so what u so is you bring pots with you. About 300, no matter if you are overweight because you will not run out of sp. believe me.

Then what you do is, use fly wing start RC'ing, mobs will come to you. (U want a mob size of 5 plus) to begin with. As You hit them you will leech hp and sp back but sometimes their hits outdamage your leech, so that's when you spam pots.

Grab another mob and do it sgain.

Avoid the Agev at first. If you see one fly wing until u get a mob without one.

I will record a gameplay when I get home to show u how I do it.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 22 June 2015 - 03:28 AM.

#24 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:16 AM

I get the concept, it just seems that I never leech enough HP to sustain myself. There's either not enough monsters to leech HP, or there's too many and I can't leech fast enough. I just seem to spam whites constantly till I run out?

Does the bathory card make a big difference?

#25 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:27 AM

I get the concept, it just seems that I never leech enough HP to sustain myself. There's either not enough monsters to leech HP, or there's too many and I can't leech fast enough. I just seem to spam whites constantly till I run out?

Does the bathory card make a big difference?

It did. For the first few levels i was wearing a sky deleter to leech sp. but i was getting hit hard. So I switched to a bathory.

Here is another trick, the higher your asdp and your damage the fastest you will leech hp back. So pop an EDP, savage bbq (+20 str), awakening pots, and bring guarana candy. (The agave cast agi down) when they do you will never leech enough hp back.

So the main thing is damage and asdp, so that means that poping and edp is best way to leech back hp.

Your agi is fine so asdp shouldn't be a problem at all

Edited by MoyuZ777, 22 June 2015 - 04:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users