How to attract more players to Rose - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to attract more players to Rose

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Bigmicmac

Bigmicmac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

I am an old player of Rose since the beta version.
I stopped few years but restarted to play 4-5 years ago.
I love this game but I really feel that the game is dying slowly.
Something serious needs to be done to give another chance to this beautiful game, the merge was not enough to bring more NEW players.
I dont comment a lot on this forum, as you probably notice my primary language is french.
I would like to give a simple solution that I think will bring massive new players to Rose.
Here is my suggestion:
Make leveling easy until max level, the fun begin there and introduce 1 new item ( for max level) every 3-4 month.
Once new players reach max level, they will invest more money on the game to be more competitive vs the other players.
The biggest problem actualy is that the leveling process is VERY VERY boring and way 2 long with no challenge.
Most of new players will give up before they reach max level and will never discover the real fun part of the game.
More max level players = more item mall sells and more income.
Usually, players with max level caracters are willing to pay more to play because they want the best gear in game.

#2 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:11 AM

They need to spend a minimal of 100 dollars a month on advertising, but first they need to bug fix :x

#3 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:03 AM

I am an old player of Rose since the beta version.
I stopped few years but restarted to play 4-5 years ago.
I love this game but I really feel that the game is dying slowly.
Something serious needs to be done to give another chance to this beautiful game, the merge was not enough to bring more NEW players.
I dont comment a lot on this forum, as you probably notice my primary language is french.
I would like to give a simple solution that I think will bring massive new players to Rose.
Here is my suggestion:
Make leveling easy until max level, the fun begin there and introduce 1 new item ( for max level) every 3-4 month.
Once new players reach max level, they will invest more money on the game to be more competitive vs the other players.
The biggest problem actualy is that the leveling process is VERY VERY boring and way 2 long with no challenge.
Most of new players will give up before they reach max level and will never discover the real fun part of the game.
More max level players = more item mall sells and more income.
Usually, players with max level caracters are willing to pay more to play because they want the best gear in game.

I made this suggestion many many months ago already. As I see it, leveling to 230 should be fun and not requiering much grind, because this level cap is here since so long that it s not really relevant anymore. But when a new level cap comes tho, the amount of grinding requiered to reach it must be crazy high... let s say a good 6 months worth of grinding.

To give an exemple of what I mean... let s say level cap 235 was about to come :

leveling from 0 to 230 should be very easy, leveling from 230 to 235 should take 6 months... and this while leveling several hours on a daily basis

if after that, level 240 cap was to come :

leveling from 0 to 235 should be very easy, but leveling from 235 to 240 should again take a very large amount of grinding.

This way, new players wouldn't feel bored during their leveling process and would get to experience what the game has to offer at end game before giving up on it. And high level players would definitly have some serious grinding to do in order to be.. or remain on top!

#4 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:03 AM

I made this suggestion many many months ago already. As I see it, leveling to 230 should be fun and not requiering much grind, because this level cap is here since so long that it s not really relevant anymore. But when a new level cap comes tho, the amount of grinding requiered to reach it must be crazy high... let s say a good 6 months worth of grinding.

To give an exemple of what I mean... let s say level cap 235 was about to come :
leveling from 0 to 230 should be very easy, leveling from 230 to 235 should take 6 months... and this while leveling several hours on a daily basis
if after that, level 240 cap was to come :
leveling from 0 to 235 should be very easy, but leveling from 235 to 240 should again take a very large amount of grinding.

This way, new players wouldn't feel bored during their leveling process and would get to experience what the game has to offer at end game before giving up on it. And high level players would definitly have some serious grinding to do in order to be.. or remain on top!

I like the idea charas. +1

Rose when it was in its prime offered a lot of unique features that other games didn't have. I feel like this needs to continue with more unique features such as this.

#5 Bigmicmac

Bigmicmac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

Charas, did you get comments from rose gms from your previous suggestion ?
They really need to change the way to level until max....so boring with almost no interesting drops.
I really thing the leveling process is way 2 hard and over 95% of new players give up after level 200.

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

Do you find the constant grinding boring? Would you prefer that Rose add some quests, and you level that way? Make some suggestions.

#7 Bigmicmac

Bigmicmac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

You should make the leveling process like before, 1-2years ago
More mobs
More xp
More spot to level

Once new players reach the max level, they will enjoy the pvp side of the game and will invest more money in the game
Luring for hrs and hrs is boring and no new players will find this process interesting with almost no mobs to kill

Edited by VModCupcake, 25 June 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#8 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:46 PM

Currently you can get from lv 1-230 very efficiently in only 4 different spots.... You don't explore at all (due to crazy buffs). Without buffs it takes far too long to level (going through the different zones).

I loved how leveling used to be.. 1-10 AP, 10-19 zant, 20+ valley, 30+ el varoon/junon, etc.. 

I wouldn't mind doing that now as long as it didn't take me longer than 20min per map. It would be fun to see the different zones of ROSE or even be forced to kill specific kings to excel to the next map. Buffs can help you breeze through this but at least you'll be forced to see the world of rose in it's different zones, and not just going to kenji beach @ lv 1 to kill krawfies from lv 1-80. This ruins the experience of new players and also forces players to get buffs to be able to do this to level fast.

SUMMERY:

MAKE LEVELING FAST (WITHOUT BUFFS), FORCE PLAYERS TO LEVEL IN ALL ZONES THAT WILL TAKE A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME PER ZONE, GIVE MORE REWARDS WHILE LEVELING/LEAVING A ZONE, KILL KINGS TO EXCEL TO NEW MAPS?

I briefly typed this so I hope you see what I mean.

#9 Bigmicmac

Bigmicmac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

No comments from gms or developers ?

#10 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

Charas, did you get comments from rose gms from your previous suggestion ?
They really need to change the way to level until max....so boring with almost no interesting drops.
I really thing the leveling process is way 2 hard and over 95% of new players give up after level 200.

GMs never ... or very rarely give comments. They might read the suggestion part of the forum... or not, there s noway to be sure of it, and noway to know what are their personnal opinion about one or another subject.

Suggesting things, taking on our free time to do so... without ever having any return from any "official" team member, not even an opinion... is kinda... making it feel like a total waste of effort. But who knows!

#11 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:32 PM

No comments from gms or developers ?

GMs never ... or very rarely give comments. They might read the suggestion part of the forum... or not, there s noway to be sure of it, and noway to know what are their personnal opinion about one or another subject.

Suggesting things, taking on our free time to do so... without ever having any return from any "official" team member, not even an opinion... is kinda... making it feel like a total waste of effort. But who knows!

They do read every suggestion but you won't always see a reply in a topic like this. Just keep making suggestions and give as many details as possible without adding statements about the game that are untrue and misleading.

If and when the idea will be implemented, there will be a topic or patch notes on it from Leo.

#12 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:18 AM

You should make the leveling process like before, 1-2years ago
More mobs
More xp
More spot to level

Once new players reach the max level, they will enjoy the pvp side of the game and will invest more money in the game
Luring for hrs and hrs is boring and no new players will find this process interesting with almost no mobs to kill

So what you are asking for is more aoe spots, so that people can make a party, put their bot on, then go watch a movie, play another game, go to sleep etc?

#13 Bigmicmac

Bigmicmac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

Yes exactly !
Bot is illegal and everyone knows it.
If someone still choose to use it, they will at their own risk and Rose dms cant control 100% of this aspect.
Because a small pourcentage of players are using bot, rose gms are penalizing all players by removing all the aoe spot making leveling ULTRA boring. Only players with no works, no life have time to level the way it is.
Thats my opinion and i am probably one of the oldest players in rose since beta version.
I am seeing rose dying instead of geting more players.

#14 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:52 AM

Which is why getting a newer and fresher way of lvling is a better option. So far there's no new suggestion for possible quest that can be added to the game, neither is there any suggestions (or i might have missed it) to increase exp reward on most of the quest.

AOE spots are source of botting. Killing the spot will also not encourage players in the game not to bot. There's too limited ways to lvl a character to lvl 180. Quest doesn't help at all. The time it takes to finish one quest, you could have got more exp from aoeing mobs in a party. That's what i think. Its so bad to the point i am just too lazy to lvl my scout i am still trying to get myself to make.

No i do not support botting, but this is what is happening. Personally i'd rather have quest that gives more exp as a secondary possibility to lvling other than plain old aoeing in one spot. So far the only one i find rewarding is the kenji beach quest to kill dongas and krawfies.

#15 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

Yes exactly !
Bot is illegal and everyone knows it.
If someone still choose to use it, they will at their own risk and Rose dms cant control 100% of this aspect.
Because a small pourcentage of players are using bot, rose gms are penalizing all players by removing all the aoe spot making leveling ULTRA boring. Only players with no works, no life have time to level the way it is.
Thats my opinion and i am probably one of the oldest players in rose since beta version.
I am seeing rose dying instead of geting more players.

95% of every ROSE players are botting whenever they are leveling a character. This is a fact, and GMs do NOTHING against it, I would even say that the way they made AOE be so much stronger than 1vs1 dmg promote this kind of behaviour.

On top of that, ROSE devs seem to have spend the last 8 years trying to kill every single pvm zones ingame that were requiering a bit of teamplay... or that had a spawn rate high enough to keep being entertaining. What did they do? the contrary of what they had to. Nerfing spawn rates, making everything even more boring than it was... and boosting AOE damages.

Unfortunatly, after making many suggestions about reducing drastically AOE damages (this, only in order to promote 1vs1 skill builds and 1vs1 kills... wich is smthing that 90% of this comunity is too stupid to understand), I can tell that most people are absolutly not thinking about making this game better... they are only thinking about becoming more powerfull themselves.

What is the most painfull for me, is to remember what an amazingly great game ROSE was Pre Evo... or even right at the start of Evo (even if it s when things started to go wrong), this game was played by thousands and thousands of players, and that was without being able to log several accounts per computer. All those players didn't quit because ROSE is an old game, but because of the unstopped stream of awfull decisions and bad choices made since then, without having the slightest proof that they were of any importance for the "team".

Since ever players took on their free time to give feedback and suggestions about how things could be made better, or what they would appreciate to see happening in the game they play on a daily basis. The least that could be done by the "team" is to post a comment... or give their own opinion on the subject... because afterall, we are costumers, we didn't give up on the game and are putting effort and faith into trying / waiting for things to get better.

We, as customers deserve gratitude and attention, by playing the game and staying loyal to this server we make it possible for the whole "team" to have a job, pay for their food, the house where their family live... It does not go the other way around.

The least they could do is to comunicate with us, sharing their views on different subjects... Leonis never did it... but hey! one is never too old to start doing the right things.

I am definitly waiting for an answer, that I might never get... being realistic I believe all I ll get is to have my post removed... way to show your customers how important they are for you? we'll see.

#16 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:23 PM

I think CharasX is right in this instance. There have been quests submitted, but I don't know if any have been accepted. If those of you that are creative can come up with a good one, please do and submit it. Since we lost our epic quest writer Qilin, there haven't been much in the way of new quests, but I do know of a few that have been added. One was even written by one of my friends!

#17 7687121208014500937

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

I don't deny the devs have a responsibility towards the lore of Rose. However, I see the way to level henceforth originating from the playerbase, being quest-driven, specifically quests relating to NPCs and locations (known to those who have played for some time) on Orlo, Junon and Karkia. This should all lead up to the final drive towards Angry-Eye Hebarn. (Locations could include the ancient Kenji shrine, the desecrated pentagram in DoD and some new volcanic maps on Orlo).

(OT: Karkia could be the first planet to have weather effects - poisonous atmosphere should be interesting to do, maybe poison rain, lots and lots of tunnels and underground cities. Places where knights can be useful to complete quests.)

PvM is to make you strong enough, fighting the Devil Pest to become strong enough to fight Hebarn. As strong as the strongest katar is, no-one here is strong enough to fight a God. And yes, I remember the make-your-own-quest challenge. We should have a pinned thread just for spitballing possible quest lines in addition to writing them out in the correct format.

EDIT: The main takeaway here is any levelling done from 230 should require changing the flow of the game so botting becomes unattractive and everything is quest-driven and originates from the community.

The Rose community will deliver, we just have to wait. :)

Edited by 7687121208014500937, 28 June 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#18 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:58 AM

95% of every ROSE players are botting whenever they are leveling a character. This is a fact, and GMs do NOTHING against it, I would even say that the way they made AOE be so much stronger than 1vs1 dmg promote this kind of behaviour. They do what they can, but they can't be everywhere at once, and everywhere at once.

On top of that, ROSE devs seem to have spend the last 8 years trying to kill every single pvm zones ingame that were requiering a bit of teamplay... or that had a spawn rate high enough to keep being entertaining. What did they do? the contrary of what they had to. Nerfing spawn rates, making everything even more boring than it was... and boosting AOE damages. They changed those spawns to deter botting..

Unfortunatly, after making many suggestions about reducing drastically AOE damages (this, only in order to promote 1vs1 skill builds and 1vs1 kills... wich is smthing that 90% of this comunity is too stupid to understand), I can tell that most people are absolutly not thinking about making this game better... they are only thinking about becoming more powerfull themselves.  I would like this, I will make sure Leonis sees this one.

What is the most painfull for me, is to remember what an amazingly great game ROSE was Pre Evo... or even right at the start of Evo (even if it s when things started to go wrong), this game was played by thousands and thousands of players, and that was without being able to log several accounts per computer. All those players didn't quit because ROSE is an old game, but because of the unstopped stream of awfull decisions and bad choices made since then, without having the slightest proof that they were of any importance for the "team".

Since ever players took on their free time to give feedback and suggestions about how things could be made better, or what they would appreciate to see happening in the game they play on a daily basis. The least that could be done by the "team" is to post a comment... or give their own opinion on the subject... because afterall, we are costumers, we didn't give up on the game and are putting effort and faith into trying / waiting for things to get better.

We, as customers deserve gratitude and attention, by playing the game and staying loyal to this server we make it possible for the whole "team" to have a job, pay for their food, the house where their family live... It does not go the other way around.

The least they could do is to comunicate with us, sharing their views on different subjects... Leonis never did it... but hey! one is never too old to start doing the right things.

I am definitly waiting for an answer, that I might never get... being realistic I believe all I ll get is to have my post removed... way to show your customers how important they are for you? we'll see. This is the reason for the class reps. We take these concerns, and suggestions to him. Be assured, he knows about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users