Idea to help new players in Rose - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Idea to help new players in Rose

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

This is not really a suggestion, just an idea that I'd like feedback on.

Idea: All newly created characters are automatically placed in the Rose New Player Clan (only shows online players because it will have no limit to the # of players able to join it).

This clan can not only help players find people of their similar level to party with / talk to but it could also offer a place for newbies to ask for advice in chat.

I also thought this clan could offer special passives like increased exp on weekends or something along those lines.

What do you think?

#2 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:53 PM

Stop grouping and let newbies farm their honor gears

#3 GoldenAura

GoldenAura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

I love this new idea but then we cannot ignore the fact that it might pave way for another abuse from old players.

#4 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:25 PM

block dual client ,, and it will be better ...

rose only available on full screen ..

this will make the community better ..

instead solo leveling with own cleric, sacri, and bunch leecher ..

#5 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:03 AM

Rose is all about grinding or spending real money. Thats the ugly truth.

#6 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:15 AM

I will be forced to go out and buy 10 computers, bad idea....

#7 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:15 AM

Global "Leveling" chat - for people who search leveling parties!

#8 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:17 AM

+1 

#9 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:40 AM

That's a pretty good idea. Noobs won't be scattered all around junon asking for help then lmao

#10 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:51 AM

And then many of us say goodbye to rose.

#11 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:12 AM

bad idea

don't like to say it but great idea, +1!

#12 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:37 AM

Can be done. that is when the balance of all classes happen, and when another class manage to support themselves from dying. Which will take about.... next to forever...

Bad idea indeed, because 

Rose is all about grinding or spending real money. Thats the ugly truth.

+1

And let the people of higher lvls to have the ability to get into it for helping lowbies purposes. =3

This is not really a suggestion, just an idea that I'd like feedback on.

Idea: All newly created characters are automatically placed in the Rose New Player Clan (only shows online players because it will have no limit to the # of players able to join it).

This clan can not only help players find people of their similar level to party with / talk to but it could also offer a place for newbies to ask for advice in chat.

I also thought this clan could offer special passives like increased exp on weekends or something along those lines.

What do you think?

this remind me of another game... :v

Not bad idea but not a good one either. So i'm half supporting this.

#13 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:59 AM

Global chat or add an IRC chat ingame.

#14 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:36 AM

someone message leonis hehe

#15 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

You guys do realize Leonis has a personal life?

#16 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:50 AM

I can understand the good intentions behind this idea, but it wouldn't work for a few reasons.

1) Not every new player wants to be flagged as a newbie and automatically putting them in a clan like this would be like branding them.

2) There would need to be experienced players in charge- otherwise a clan of all newbies would be chaotic, confusing and upsetting. I have taken a fair number of new players under my wing (so to speak) and it takes a lot of time and effort. Not sure anyone would want to or be able to do that on a continuous basis for a big number of newbies.

3) We can all do this right now without any new thing implemented by simply befriending some newbies and adding them to our existing clans. They will get much more benefit from talking to a mix of players of different levels and experience than they would segregated in a clan of their own.

I think what would be a bigger benefit to both new players and others is a party finder system like we had (at my old server). Unfortunately I don't have a ss (even among the thousands of ss on my pc) but it was a tab on the friend list. It showed the party level, the party leader, the number of members and their average level. If you hovered over the leader's name, it told you the map he was on. If the party was full the number of members was in red. It was only for the planet you were currently on and it did change and update itself when you reopened the window.  When you formed a party, you had the option of having the party show on the party finder or not. I could see that being useful not only for newbies on Junon planet, but for anyone on any planet who is trying to level.

ps I would love to see an official IRC chat here- ideally with a web link so people who do not have an IRC client could still join. Of course something like that would have to be monitored to prevent spamming etc, but certainly that could be done with trusted volunteers rather than adding it to the already heavy burden of the staff members.

Edited by HoneyBunz, 21 June 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#17 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:28 PM

I can understand the good intentions behind this idea, but it wouldn't work for a few reasons.

1) Not every new player wants to be flagged as a newbie and automatically putting them in a clan like this would be like branding them.

2) There would need to be experienced players in charge- otherwise a clan of all newbies would be chaotic, confusing and upsetting. I have taken a fair number of new players under my wing (so to speak) and it takes a lot of time and effort. Not sure anyone would want to or be able to do that on a continuous basis for a big number of newbies.

3) We can all do this right now without any new thing implemented by simply befriending some newbies and adding them to our existing clans. They will get much more benefit from talking to a mix of players of different levels and experience than they would segregated in a clan of their own.

I think what would be a bigger benefit to both new players and others is a party finder system like we had (at my old server). Unfortunately I don't have a ss (even among the thousands of ss on my pc) but it was a tab on the friend list. It showed the party level, the party leader, the number of members and their average level. If you hovered over the leader's name, it told you the map he was on. If the party was full the number of members was in red. It was only for the planet you were currently on and it did change and update itself when you reopened the window.  When you formed a party, you had the option of having the party show on the party finder or not. I could see that being useful not only for newbies on Junon planet, but for anyone on any planet who is trying to level.

ps I would love to see an official IRC chat here- ideally with a web link so people who do not have an IRC client could still join. Of course something like that would have to be monitored to prevent spamming etc, but certainly that could be done with trusted volunteers rather than adding it to the already heavy burden of the staff members.

+1 this

#18 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

I think what would be a bigger benefit to both new players and others is a party finder system like we had (at my old server). Unfortunately I don't have a ss (even among the thousands of ss on my pc) but it was a tab on the friend list. It showed the party level, the party leader, the number of members and their average level. If you hovered over the leader's name, it told you the map he was on. If the party was full the number of members was in red. It was only for the planet you were currently on and it did change and update itself when you reopened the window. When you formed a party, you had the option of having the party show on the party finder or not. I could see that being useful not only for newbies on Junon planet, but for anyone on any planet who is trying to level.

Adding a global chat called "leveling" wouldn't be a bad idea. Easy for Trebor to monitor to stop people spamming sell messages too. The current chat room function is inefficient and unused. Seems a lot of noobs get lost and are helpless unless someone like yourself happens to be on and near them.

You can't always ignore ideas by saying the community should be there to help new players because that's not always the case 24/7. A chat system would be simple and efficient, as proven by other games.

#19 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:13 AM

Buff fairy for lowbies?

#20 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:05 PM

Adding a global chat called "leveling" wouldn't be a bad idea. Easy for Trebor to monitor to stop people spamming sell messages too. The current chat room function is inefficient and unused. Seems a lot of noobs get lost and are helpless unless someone like yourself happens to be on and near them.

You can't always ignore ideas by saying the community should be there to help new players because that's not always the case 24/7. A chat system would be simple and efficient, as proven by other games.

In theory a global chat would be a kind of neat thing to have.. but do you honestly think that Trebor (or the other in-game MODS) would be able to keep it clean of spam 24/7?  Judging from the way the Junon trade chat fills up with spam and conversations, I seriously doubt that a global chat would be anything more than a way for people who sell/buy stuff to reach a bigger audience as opposed to just the people on the city map like it is right now.  And I don't see how a global chat would help newbies.  Not only would they be seeing shouts about items in Rose-speak that sounds like a foreign language  (example "B SH +15 WM"), but they will also be seeing stuff like ("Lfm 200+ snapper") which would be totally confusing since that shout is from a different planet.

People asking questions usually have to shout for a long time before someone tries to help them. But at least as it is now, you know that if you can see their question, they are on the same map so it's easy to find out where they are or direct them to where you are and help them.

#21 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

In theory a global chat would be a kind of neat thing to have.. but do you honestly think that Trebor (or the other in-game MODS) would be able to keep it clean of spam 24/7?  Judging from the way the Junon trade chat fills up with spam and conversations, I seriously doubt that a global chat would be anything more than a way for people who sell/buy stuff to reach a bigger audience as opposed to just the people on the city map like it is right now.  And I don't see how a global chat would help newbies.  Not only would they be seeing shouts about items in Rose-speak that sounds like a foreign language  (example "B SH +15 WM"), but they will also be seeing stuff like ("Lfm 200+ snapper") which would be totally confusing since that shout is from a different planet.

People asking questions usually have to shout for a long time before someone tries to help them. But at least as it is now, you know that if you can see their question, they are on the same map so it's easy to find out where they are or direct them to where you are and help them.

it could be fixed by an ingame report button - if 10 people report you for abuse you get a 24h ban from the channel

Same would be cool for the trade channel of all cities btw (i mean tradechat in TG or ruins can really be abused in my mind...)

Edit: it doesn't have to be a normal "channel" anyways - people could also "queue" for it like they do for dungeons - just for being able to talk in there - this would prevent people from joining if they are 1, in queue for other gamemodes and 2, punish abusers even more if they would get instead of a 24h channel ban, a 12h queue ban (means no PvP/PvM arena games for abuser).....but on the other hand this might be too complicated and could make leveling even more complicated (tried to explain a newbie some days ago the difference between party group and normal leveling....THAT was a challenge with his tagalog-english)

Edited by iMatt, 22 June 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#22 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

("Lfm 200+ snapper") which would be totally confusing since that shout is from a different planet.

I don't even know what that means ^_^

#23 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

I don't even know what that means ^_^

Looking for member that is 200+ at Snappers.

#24 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

Well maybe the global leveling chat should be level specific like 1-80, 81-140, 141-200, 200-229 or something alone those lines.

That would stop the regular players from spamming the global chat with trade spams and would make it easier for a MOD to watch for zulie selling spammers.

There is nothing we can really do about players being confused about certain spams like "lfm 200+ snapper" other than them learning more about the game just as everyone else did by asking questions (in the chat****) which is why it's a good idea in the first place so they can learn more and get a better sense of direction in the game.

#25 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

Could always use chat rooms, not everyone knows about them but they are there~ (up to 8 people can use one)

More info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users