• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:37 AM

With the recent change messing up completly the success rate on crafting gems, I feel like it s the right time to bring something to everyone s attention :

Gem 7s sux.

Here we go, I said it.

It s a fact that, with the substat system, that every gem 7s are completly useless, substats being cheaper... and giving more bonuses with a greater variation than what is avaible on gems 7s... wich should be... end game items.

For a Gem 7 to give 30 stat points, you need to have invested 400 points in this precise stat. meaning, if we take beryl as an exemple, that using beryls in fact means that you are loosing on a secondary stat that a substat could have give u. You could have went for exemple for a substat charm 30 (as much as a B7 if your charm is maxed) + acc 75 (wich is more than a M7 can give).

Don't you clearly see that this whole thing is COMPLETLY messed up?

To remedy to that, I encourage the Dev team to start actually, working on it! This is always the magical solution.

I would suggest a good old "we admit our changes were crap, we go back to the old system" type of change, were gems were actually having a set number of bonus stat on them. This way, gems will once again be very valuable while leveling noobies. And on top of that, I would make sur than gem7s are at least twice as powerfull as what substats can be... meaning?

a G7 R7 B7 T7 S7... etc should give 50 of their respective stats, substats giving 20 to 30 + an additionnal stat

P7s could do with a boost (I would always welcome it) but it s the most balanced gem for now... I would still appreciate a raise to 20% ofc.

Gems like M7s or J7s should give 150 of their stat (150 acc for M7s for exemple wich would be like having 2 time acc 75)

Tanzanite 7 should give 100 crit (corresponding to 2 times 50 crit substats)

and so on... I think u grasped the concept. We need to place crafted gems back to their former glory.

#2 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:50 AM

There are only 3 Devs.

#3 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:16 AM

What is this kind of answer? 

Changing values in a database takes  5 minutes maximum... with 1 person on the pc, and the 2 others drinking coffee and talking about their day in the background.

#4 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:30 AM

I like this idea. But some of the stats you mentioned are already in the game. But in form of valor/honor gems. So that would also have to be changed.

Adding to that, balancing now is already really screwy on almost the entire game side. Only farming imo is still fine. So to add something like 100 crit rating to T7 would then make raiders even worst than what they are now.

P7 is fine as a gem on its own i agree. It doesn't need to be changed, and there is a Peridot gem that gives 20% aspd, its in the honor shop.

Other then that, do think scaling for gems have to be rethinked. Because in compensation to the substats that has the possibility to add 2 substats, which in logical sense, should be weaker, like the sunstone gem (accu + ap gem) which both the stats are weaker than if you have an accu gem on its own or a D7 gem on its own. At least i think that the single stat gems should at the very least be stronger than their counter part of substats. Price for that is that they would only focus on that specific stat instead of having 2 different stats in 1 for example dodge + mspd, and just dodge gem.

Overall i agree it has to be rethinked

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

There's also a simpler action. Make stat gems equal in importance to 'stats' themselves. 

The passives like STR : Dodge for a soldier for example, if it was strong enough, would make building STR just as important as say an AP/Dodge substat.

It really all comes down to the figures, but at least our original base gems would be useful again. The others like SA etc definitely need some tweaking done. 

#6 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:20 PM

people already  complain  about OP.... my champion would be too strong, with stronger r7

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 23 June 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#7 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

people already  complain  about OP.... my champion would be too strong, with stronger r7

I m gonna take your comment seriously and try to answer :

If, as I suggested, an R7 would give a static 50 STR, the AP given by an R7 is still inferior as the one from str20 ap 30 substat, HP WAY inferior than str20 HP300, defense WAY inferior as str20def75...

BUT! the fact R7 would boost slightly all those stats at once would actually make it attractive for all around builds... even at max level.

So in wich way exactly would your champ become way stronger than it could already be?

Side comment :

Anyway, if it was up to me, Gems 7 should out power any substats... anyday... always... anytime... no matter what, wich isn't the case with my suggestion tho, tried to stay very reasonnable there. I would never be against gems 7s giving 100 base stats... P7s giving 30%... etc... gems 7 crafted by artisans should be the ultimate thing to put on your jewelry and chests.

#8 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

You cannot use substats on honor gear. -- nore on honor jewlery. -- my champ is already at 657 STR, using 4 R7's. - however, if I used a 20str substat on my hiaras tear, it would be more STR, yes, and the backsheild, I could get more STR on it too... however... I am currently really happy with my champ build, even if many people think it's a bad build :P

I guess my main point is, everyone complains about everything being OP already, to make something even stronger, would add more OPness to the game.

Edited by VModCupcake, 25 June 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:41 AM

He wants Gems to be equal in potency while offering diversity when compared to the sub-stat system. Learn to read the meaning of topics Canehda, not the words. 

#10 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:43 AM

I guess my main point is, everyone complains about everything being OP already, to make something even stronger, would add more OPness to the game. 

I do understand your point ofcourse. If I was to go in your direction, then, I would suggest a huge nerf on substats, divide their bonus by 2, and let the gem 7s as they are. But gems gotta be more powerfull than random stats crafted on lvl 1 equipments... or at leat, be a viable alternative... this is my point :P

Edited by CharasX, 23 June 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#11 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

nefing substated items wouldn't help, why nerf or make anything more OP? -- few people even PVP in substated gear... I know I personally don't, also, I find p7's a lot stronger than aspeed items... 
There's nothing wrong with gem7's people buy them, all the time. ......

although, a kewl idea, would be to indroduce more gems (as if there isn't enough already) baised off the current gem7 system, so like, combining an r7 and a po7 would create something like a Hardened Ruby7 - where the gem gives the same stats as an r7, but also 1% defence, this could potentially fallow suit for all other gem7's - where mixing a po7 to the g7/r7 hardens it, a d7 would add a small AP percentage... mixing a d7 with the other gems, would add something like 5 AP, call it, an Enhanced gem whatever after, ect. 

I understand it would go against ur point that the current gem7's would remain fairly weak, and everyone would want the 'new' gem7's -- but to make it even more interesting, make the craft % for them only 50% even w/ max con... 

Just a suggestion  :)

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 25 June 2015 - 06:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users