• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:51 AM

I m not here to try to get rid of the substat system, or to try to nerf substats value, but I m here to make a suggestions that would bring back high level crafting and gear farming back to life!

You see, when I logged back after months of inactivity, I checked shop... so the enchanted scrolls... ppl selling items with substats.. and I was like WTF is that! I found it quite cool, more ways to personalize your build and everything... (even if the fact substats are completly overpowering gems bugs me.)... and then I realised, contrarely to what I expected, that with grade 1 items... you can pass on stats to higher grade items! This seems completly illogical to me, and I believe, is a huge design mistake.

This should definitly be the other way around, in order to pass a stat, let s say on a item grade 6.... it would be completly logic for me that the stat has to come from an item grade 6, grade 7, grade 8 or grade 9. This way, players would definitly have good reasons to start hunting high grade gears even more for their substats wich would be then valuable! and crafter would finally be encouraged in crafting high grade gears trying for substats too, instead of always going for starter gears. This also means that mats farming... in order to provide the raw material for crafters... would come back to life again too...

And this is how... with a little change, you can completly change the game.

grade 1 stat -> can go on grade 1 equipment

grade 2 stat -> can go on grade 2 equipment or lower 

grade 3 stat -> can go on grade 3 equipment or lower

grade 4 stat -> can go on grade 4 equipment or lower

grade 5 stat -> can go on grade 5 equipment or lower

grade 6 stat -> can go on grade 6 equipment or lower

grade 7 stat -> can go on grade 7 equipment or lower

grade 8 stat -> can go on grade 8 equipment or lower

grade 9 stat -> can go on grade 9 equipment or lower

#2 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:09 AM

I think the purpose of it having the gears to be able to pass the grade to a higher grade is for the purpose of progression. For example you have a stat at g4 you wanna put for your g9 gears. So its an easy progression to go up the table instead of simply going down. 

Honestly i like the idea, but i think it would concur with the purpose of the substat transfer system because it is made more for the progression of a player then for other purposes.

I think high lvl crafting is still around. Only this time, its only for lvl 200 reinforce gears. It is one of the best starter gears for a lowbie to do lvling, dungeon. So that's still around.

Only my comments on the idea.

#3 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:21 AM

If it was for progression like you said, then : 

grade 1 stat -> can go on grade 2 equipment

grade 2 stat -> can go on grade 3 equipment  

grade 3 stat -> can go on grade 4 equipment 

grade 4 stat -> can go on grade 5 equipment 

grade 5 stat -> can go on grade 6 equipment 

grade 6 stat -> can go on grade 7 equipment 

grade 7 stat -> can go on grade 8 equipment 

grade 8 stat -> can go on grade 9 equipment 

grade 9 stat -> can go on grade 10 equipment (future updates)

But it does not make any sense to have to craft level 1 equipment (grade 1) to make stats for you exalted grade 9 equipment.... I mean... this defies all logic, and is only damaging the game purpose.

#4 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:33 AM

That would be a good idea. +1

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:28 AM

It would be easier to just you know, make a 'dampening' system. Place the stats into 'tiers'. Depending on level range to the tier level, a certain % is 'cut out' until you're closer.

Example:

50Crit/30 AP @ 230 = 100% effect.

50Crit/30 AP @ 115 = 50% effect. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users