Renewal: Autopot discussion thread - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Renewal: Autopot discussion thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#1 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:46 PM

Renewal Autopot Discussion Thread

Due to the differences in mechanics between Renewal and Classic and to avoid any further misunderstanding between posters we will have separate threads per server.
Please discuss Autopot within Renewal mechanics in this thread.

Before you start brainstorming and discussing things please make sure to read CM Oda's statement here.

Please be sensible when arguing. Calling each other stupid is not constructive and may lead to moderation actions. You have been warned.

Original Autopot discussion thread can be viewed here.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 27 June 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#2 arrowspear

arrowspear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

Thor Renewal

Auto-Pots Pros 

• No more spamming pots manually

Auto-Pots Cons

• Normal Attack Dps build are at disadvantage in WoE because of Auto Pots.
  • Open to Abuse. Using alts account in WoE.

Facts About Auto Pots

• No. This will not stop people from using cheat software or better Auto pots software in WoE.
  • You can still one shot kill using SD or EF.
  • You can use pots while taking damage and even survive a multipe hit skill.

#3 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

I play mechanic. 

Sure auto pot would make my life 10x easier as i wouldn't have to watch my HP.

But what's the fun in that. 

Maybe i don't have to die as much as i do.
But renewal's combination of skills mean's it doesn't matter which class you play, you can still die.
Autopot just prolongs the inevitable. 

Edited by IronFist, 27 June 2015 - 04:37 PM.

#4 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:55 PM

Either add a 200-300 ms delay on all consumables, or make a legal, high quality autopot for everyone.

The goal isn't to eliminate cheating (since that's impossible), but to reduce the effectiveness of cheating.

#5 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:15 PM

I don't think server will run smooth if everyone uses autopot in WoE.  We're already lagging when there's 4-5 guilds in 1 realm.  Should probably fix the lag issue first.

Edited by Lilp, 27 June 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#6 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:34 PM

No to legalizing autopot for reasons I already posted previously; I'm not here to play an AFK auto-clicking idle game.

#7 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:30 PM

Easily disagree for auto-pots.

Here is a thing for Oda and staff, if you for some reason want to legalize something with 3rd party program you need to know the mechanic behind it as well..

At this case, I really want to complain at the ticket when one of my account banned because what? AFK-homun, homun doing something that not on normal AI script, and banned for not responding? It's even not bots and I can argue with the staff because this auto-pot petition to legalize... I didn't use the script for making zeny, dirty competition, and things that involving or making other players at disadvantage (not talking much about this to avoid out topic from auto-pots)

Auto-pot is used surely for one of those reasons making that automatically not legit to legalize...

Auto-pot is easily bannable with the game's mechanic, even when people keep said it's hard to pull investigation and whatever.

Edited by Exvee, 27 June 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#8 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:34 PM

If there's no efficient way to fight against autopot, a legal one is fine with me.

#9 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:28 AM

How is this discussion going?

Just checked the recently locked thread and seems like nothing new came up, either by GMs/community.

Cy

#10 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:46 AM

Either add a 200-300 ms delay on all consumables, or make a legal, high quality autopot for everyone.

The goal isn't to eliminate cheating (since that's impossible), but to reduce the effectiveness of cheating.

I'm up for potion delay but not for making AP legal just because the game is broken and they can't control the use of 3rd parties

By this rule they would legalize botting tomorrow because they can't deal with them

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

By this rule they would legalize botting tomorrow because they can't deal with them

For one is already been stated about 20 times is not going to happen, and two that is a logic false equivalent.

#12 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

For one is already been stated about 20 times is not going to happen, and two that is a logic false equivalent.

WP saying they aren't (or are) going to do X is meaningless since they have been Consistently Inconsistent™, WP should recover some credibility and respect before they expect the community to listen and trust in whatever they say.

And no, this ain't an attack on S9, rather an observance of the general state of affairs around here.

#13 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:51 PM

Absolutely no autopot.

Just because some people cheat, majority during WoE, doesn't mean we should remove a pretty important aspect of the game. 

#14 Omegatroid

Omegatroid

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:44 PM

If you are going to add in delay for pots, please add in 20% more damage reduction or something at least. Finding a way to catch autopotters is a good thing, but you have to adjust the game mechanics a bit if you add in delays to potting.

#15 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

Legalized Autopot: Yes because many people probably have already been using it, putting the legit players in a great disadvantage. There is no way to detect and prove one guilty of AP, especially smart players. One can simply say he is a pro and very good at potting and only bad players will leave his AP on AFK. In addition, using the legalized AP is optional if it is implemented. Players will have a choice to use it or not to use it. The only downside I see is the WoE will probably lag more. I already have a feeling that current WoE is very laggy due to many packages and Auto being used. Thus I also want GMs to consider an alternative solution. 

Alternative solution: Cooldown on potting. For legit players, this should not present any harms to them. However for AP users, this should remove the advantages they have been abusing and put them in a more fair environment.

Note: Before you consider increasing WoE damage reductions, please consider about new players in new potential guilds who lack of powerful gears, such as MVPs and Gods. Current WoE is already driving new players away. Increasing WoE damage reductions will ensure that new players will never be able to kill veterans who are loaded with powerful gears, thus driving them away even further.

This is the only last and serious comment I want to share about this matter.

#16 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

Serious Chakri for once I'm scared. This confronts my reality.

#17 Varmundt

Varmundt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:24 PM

can someone enlighten me what auto-pot is all about? can items like yggdrasilberry remove it's reuse delay of 5 seconds?

#18 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:34 PM

Autopot is a program that automatically spams potions when your character gets below a certain hp%  Currently it's illegal because it's a 3rd party program, but it's very hard to spot and prosecute.

#19 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWherever there's less bots.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:05 AM

No or put a freakin' cooldown on every pots, time to make use of those AB skills yo.

#20 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:34 AM

We don't need packets shooting all over the place like some bizzaro game of laser tag (more than we already have) and lagging out the server.

#21 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:44 AM

We don't need packets shooting all over the place like some bizzaro game of laser tag (more than we already have) and lagging out the server.

honestly the lag is ridiculous on this server already. I mean, just look at the map server that has bio4 or OD2 as one of their maps. giving everyone autopot would easily overload the castle maps especially when there are several guilds on each side fighting in one location.

#22 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

You could impliment an after-use cooldown and/or have items do healing over time rather than lump sum. If you really want to crack down, make them function like food in Fatal Labyrinth. Use too much too soon and you get movement and attack speed penalties; Keep pushing it and you just OD and drop dead.

#23 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

Auto pots would push the 1 shot 1 kill meta even further.  Is that actually something we want?  Putting a cooldown on pots and increasing its effectiveness to compensate could potentially lower the total network traffic.  This might help in lowering overall lag which is what most people would agree to.  Cooldown on pots would negate autopot's usefulness as well so this would resolve the original issue.  Cooldown + lowering the potential DPS/burst damage of high-end combination of gears might be a better alternative.

Having more people use auto pots would probably kill the server via extreme network traffic strain.  Can't imagine what the bandwidth usage would be, but i imagine a full guild of like 40 people spamming 10 pots a second after each 0.5 second dragon breath would probably make the server cry.  The worst part is that all the traffic would happen at the same time due to instant reaction, so there would probably be extreme bottle necking.  Server pooped itself when the pRO population boom increased the pop by like 300 players, i can't imagine what the ramifications of condoning and providing autopots would even be.  Maybe the person working IT on the warpportal side should have a say in this since they're the ones that will have to fix the servers every time the hamsters explode from 100 players activating their autopots at the same time.

#24 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

Put a like .2 second cool down on all potions and reduce all damage done by players(including pvm HEUEHUE) by 30%. That'll make everything more interesting.

#25 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

honestly the lag is ridiculous on this server already. I mean, just look at the map server that has bio4 or OD2 as one of their maps. giving everyone autopot would easily overload the castle maps especially when there are several guilds on each side fighting in one location.

Less people potting without delay means less lag in sieges

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users