Should CD give more points? - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Should CD give more points?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:37 PM

I MISS CD!!!!!!!!!!! Players drifted from it because of the lag, but it seems like even if the lag were to be fixed, people are still not going to play it because of how many points it gives compared to AA. Which makes sense.

Let's say you're attacking:

In AA, you take down 1 crystal under 15 minutes, for a maximum of 500 points.

In CD, you need to take down 3 crystals, resetting the timer back to 15 minutes per crystal, for a maximum of 200 points...

If you're defending in this scenario, there's more potential for CD to be a longer game because there are 3 crystals, and 3 opportunities for the defending team to take it back (excluding even more opportunities in between because CD crystals take a long time to kill among 10 players). In AA, if the attackers get the crystal, the defending team have just 1 opportunity to take it back. (The AA crystal should be beefed up more, but that's another issue)

So ultimately, you have more effort and less points in CD vs less effort and more points in AA. 

And it's not just a little more, it's more than double the amount of points you can earn in CD. Personally I think getting honor is extremely fast these days, and if you AA frequently, you find yourself buying useless things in the honor shop because you've gotten everything else you need .. >_> 

After the latency has been fixed perhaps CD should give more points or AA should give less points, because the difference will probably polarise people. Which is nothing new in the ROSE community. Players have always either just played CD or just AA, there's never really been a both. But that's more to do with not having a high enough population. The merge might have worked for a while, but the amount of people queuing seems to be diminishing again. And with rewards like these, CD might never have people queued for it again. 

#2 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:48 PM

IMO the only issue with CD being harder is because of the bugs that are currently there and also the crystals being really hard to kill. The thing that should be fixed 1st is really the scaling of all the crystals in AA. Its because it dies that fast that people just don't care about killing other people, everyone just hit the crystal and get the points from there.

I see it this way because of a previous video i saw on youtube about an AA run, and it was really good because the defenders actually could go to the left or right side and everyone fought from there. The crystal too super long to die. When it did, everyone had time to go to the mid crystal. I'll see if i can find that video.

Anyways, from the previous video, i think running AA to that point would be a great thing to do. Problem is that the crystals dies way too fast. Mostly for sunrise and sunset.

Back to topic if your CD thing.
As i have stated above, CD having more points because its less people wouldn't be that great of an idea to get people playing it. Increase can be arrange but it MUST not be more than that of AA, because of that extra 10 people, the points are higher.

Honestly an increase to a cap of 300 points might do. Then again, everything here is based on my opinion.
Throw as many hate on me now :v

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 27 June 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#3 SpawN9999

SpawN9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

Have CD give plutos and venurunes as awards for winning. Or points towards mounts like draconis peaks

#4 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

The diffrence is too big indeed.
Maybe let them rotate which starts?

#5 LucieFear

LucieFear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:54 AM

From my very limited experience in both modes, what I see is just that AA games are faster than CD AND reward more. Maybe that's the core issue? 

#6 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:56 PM

yea that's my point - so why would you even play CD if it takes longer and gives less points? 

#7 LucieFear

LucieFear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

Rhetorical question right? 

#8 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

yes xD

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:23 AM

Before the lag though, CD was the favored game. AA still gave more points then, but that didn't seem to matter. So maybe if the lag gets fixed, more will go back to CD.

#10 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:45 AM

Maybe, but I doubt it now that AA only costs 2.5k energy, whereas it used to be 5k.

I think CD was only favored up til the recent lag problem because it was favored for the past 2 years or so over AA. People only switched to AA because CD was lagging too hard. Then they realised AA was faster and gave a lot more points for 2.5k energy. The only reason I can think of for people coming back to CD once lag is fixed is that it's more fun than AA xD Well it is in my opinion. But im not sure if that's enough.

#11 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:25 AM

Maybe, but I doubt it now that AA only costs 2.5k energy, whereas it used to be 5k.

I think CD was only favored up til the recent lag problem because it was favored for the past 2 years or so over AA. People only switched to AA because CD was lagging too hard. Then they realised AA was faster and gave a lot more points for 2.5k energy. The only reason I can think of for people coming back to CD once lag is fixed is that it's more fun than AA xD Well it is in my opinion. But im not sure if that's enough.

i doubt it because people in general are occasionally greedy. So more points, less time, less effort, more gain in a short time.

Where as CD is more time, less points, more effort, less gain in a extended time.

Although CD is more enjoyable, few would actually go there even after the lag fix on CD. That's what i think

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users