• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 kmprins

kmprins

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:28 AM

I would like to see and event or a new implementation of an item that will allow you to "unbid" gear that you have no use for but are still very valuable. For example, S2 sea snake rake claw dual swords. Thes dual sword are very needed by many assassins/rogues going from lvl 68--> to lvl 72+. These duals do not drop that often and once people reach lvl 72 or 75 they go to either Duals of control or duals of soul reposing. One they start using the lvl 72 or 75 duals there is no need to use the Sea snake rake claw duals anymore. If one could "unbind" these dual sword, they can be given to a person that needs them to advance their character.

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

''Golden Scissors''

Price: 800 Item Mall points.

Description: Return a bound item to his original ''Bind on Equip'' state. Item must be unequipped first before use.

#3 Overlord

Overlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

Oh God, you did it! :rolleyes:
Now they'll use this idea to make game more dependent on Item mall.
Also if items can be unbind then say goodbye to the already ruined in game economy.

Edited by Overlord, 02 August 2010 - 11:41 AM.

#4 Juush

Juush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationRozen, Ethergia
  • Server:bdubs

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

Keep items bound, please. It makes items rare, like they are supposed to be. "Item not for re-sale".
K? Thanks.

#5 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

I would like if they make the tb and svs items bind when equip instead of bind when buy. That could be a good step to make tb better, since people wouldnt need to go there with their low lvl alts.

#6 SilooliS

SilooliS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQUIT

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:16 AM

dont unbind items till i get some controls, or 75 blades and a few more levels. Then i can sell ma duals^^

#7 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

The ones I want unbind are reinforced jewelry and some reinforced items back in S1. I can just bank them there being useless after changing it... Sucks.

And TB items are bind because they intended to prevent higher levels making funded overpowered twinks easily. But my opinion is if they can fund a new toon they will get what they need eventually.

#8 kmprins

kmprins

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

Keep items bound, please. It makes items rare, like they are supposed to be. "Item not for re-sale".
K? Thanks.

items will still be rare.. most player dont make it past 65 anyway (at least what i have seen so far) so this may make it so that there is a real incentive to lvl up and go past 65, also a lot of ppl/ guild do not have the capabilities to go and raid and this can help their guild become stronger if more ppl have better gear.

#9 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:28 AM

It's possible when they do add this, those items everyone wants will become even rarer.
Thus you will have to use Item Malls to use those items from someone else.

MAYBE...

#10 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valdetrarine

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

Ya well...think how sad it is when you have to reduce your carus 75 weapon once 77 ones come out.
Idk it makes me sad.... it's carus and I've spent carus to plus it! And I'm going to reduce it and get nothing!
Well whatever. I guess it can be a bad idea.
But I wouldn't mind it! :rolleyes:
At least we have xeon extractor now. So no need to get sad that it has op xeons. But the weapon or gear itself hmm, Debatable. It is sad though when you have something +15 and have nothing to do with it but reduce it...

Edited by Laner, 04 August 2010 - 06:31 PM.

#11 Moggernought

Moggernought

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

dont unbind items till i get some controls, or 75 blades and a few more levels. Then i can sell ma duals^^

i want your duals =[. idk how you got them to +20. crazy!

#12 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

BTW is there a way to share a bound item to another toon of the same account?

#13 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

No~

#14 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

#15 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

Becauseeeeeeeeeeee

#16 Juush

Juush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationRozen, Ethergia
  • Server:bdubs

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

Becauseeeeeeeeeeee

(I'm totally gonna be, that guy)
Because whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~ :rolleyes:

#17 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

The ability to unbind items is a dream that most players obviously have. Especially, many of us who have reinforced gear from S1 (the old reinforced, not the + reinforced of S2 system) and also very valuable and rare items that have been used for some levels, but are now totally useless once we move to higher levels. It is indeed very sad when the day comes that you have to move to the next tier. Although you eagerly await the day you can use your shiny carus, this might be the day you retire for good your awesome rare. Which from now on is utterly useless. Happened to me last week when I hit 75. Obviously I was waiting to use my nice new 75 carus axe. But it was a sad moment when I abandoned my trusty S2 +17 RH axe, which did a terrific job for 8 levels. And no, I cant bring myself to just reduce these retired items...
I realise it would create another inflation, maybe even black market, and unbalance things if suddenly all these items could be made available again, this way or another. The introduction of some special mall item to unbind stuff (obviously quite expensive in mall points terms), would just be another great bonus in the hands of the rich. Although I believe Gravity wouldnt mind too much with the extra $$$ flowing in. Perhaps, there could be some other way. Like make previously bound items now bind to the specific account, so perhaps they could be used by other characters on the SAME account. This wouldnt be THAT bad, right? After all some of your other toons could use the reinf jewels you dont need any more on your high lvl main. Or, perhaps, there could be a way to restrict the use of unbound items within the guild. This would boost the purpose of having a guild, instead of just doing some stuff together with friends and chat, as it really is now. So, members of the same guild would be an actual community, where sharing of cool equipment is a major bonus and help. By the way, you might know that some guilds already have a system of this kind, for example involving the superb S1 lvl 70 rare sets / pieces. Maybe, our dear Requiem devs could device a way to place some kind of tag on such unbound items (or, in fact, on any other item) that guild members would chose and make those "bound" in the guild, of course usable only by members of that guild.
That wouldnt be necessarily too bad and unbalancing. Yes, older and powerful guilds would be still uber. But they are now and you cant change that. On the other hand, it would give newer guilds and people joining them an extra purpose and incentive to try harder and become better, mobilise them for a higher common cause. Just some thoughts that could develop this game a bit further and prevent the boredom , repetition and stagnation.

#18 Thorny

Thorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

Boo

there once was a way to unbind stuff. Only worked on certain things.
It would reset the item as well so any enchants etc got cleaned.
Also could break items.

Fixed now.

T

#19 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:22 PM

Revamp xeons? :rolleyes:

#20 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:51 AM

We all want that item, but dont know if it will happen. You know, better spend in mall items to + your gear wich each char than buy a single item to unbind them: you know... better for them, not for us.

I guess that with time some of the items will get unbinded, like we had at the start of S2 with the lvl 66 items. Probably when a new season (or a new kind of items) start: and probably the ones unbounded will be the raid items, but i doubt that they unbild the Reinforced items.

I think that change from "bind when buy" to "bind when equip" the tb and svs items would be good to make the fields more balanced: since people would go with their mains and not with their weak alts.

#21 SilooliS

SilooliS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQUIT

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:29 AM

Normal/raid items shouldn't bind. But i don't think this will change, gravity would not gain as much $$$ if items like ma duals could be sold on to another user, instead of that player item malling his own set.
TB/SVS weapons shouldn't be tradable, they are rewards for that players bravery on the battlefield. If they were unboundable (aint a word, but right click it choose add to dictionary then it is^^) we would get a legion of TB farmers/twinks to ruin that like they have >49/50-65 foc's

#22 InfernosOfDante

InfernosOfDante

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:34 AM

item binding is'nt a terrible idea since the market wont be flooded w/ items, but at least increase the drop rate for the party's Raiding....

#23 SilooliS

SilooliS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQUIT

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

but at least increase the drop rate for the party's Raiding....

AGREED

2-4 drops between 15 ppl, who just spent 1-2/3 hours pew pew/healing/chat dc'n/going afk isnt cool

#24 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

The alternative for the pvp items, would make the points shared by all the chars in the same account: all with their own score (kill, deaths, victories) but with shared points. The point of this idea is simple, people complain about so many low lvls in the bg without brakets: the problem is that most people alredy got what they wanted with their mains, and now must go with their low lvl alts to get those things for them. If they make the points shared, that would benefit all the players, and would help to fix the unbalance in some of the bgs.

#25 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:19 PM

give foc pnt conversion to tbf and svs rewards & half the svs pnt and lant cost pls. 13k pnt for a svs item is fukin ridiculous. account pnt sharing is one of the best ideas ive ever heard since s2 was made hell. i guarantee any unbind item will be item mall and if it does it should reset the binding so a player that buys such item will have to pay to unbind it again.

Edited by sonemere, 09 August 2010 - 09:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users