26 replies to this topic

#1 whenreinwasfall

whenreinwasfall

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

i think this is the perfect time for odin and freyja to merge... both server going down lossing players.. if merged will happen it will bring lots of excitement to everyone..

#2 Glukos

Glukos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:odin

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

pls stop creating same topics. Pls do some search before creating new one. there is a some topics about merge.

#3 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:35 AM

A merge is bound to happen at the current rate of population decline.  Just hang tight and enjoy your server while you're waiting.

#4 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:42 AM

Is it just me, or is it like a merge request every day now?

And I still think we shouldn't merge.

#5 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:47 AM

Majority of the community was against Freyja since the day the server was announced.  There was no need for the sever to split in the first place and it's only done more harm than good for the game.

#6 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:58 AM

Freya was brought along due to bringing other servers to ours. Which still continues to occur time to time.

It may also do more harm in doing a merge. In Freya, most of the community is happy at chatting occasionally in another language than English, whereas in Odin, the base language requested to use in public chat is English.

Partially the only advantage would be more players for Colosseum and nothing more. Since either server does just about decent enough for anything else.

Also if you consider the annoyances there has been to "own" spots for grinding (FP for a good example), it'd just be more chaotic to do so.

Not to mention the rise in markets, Freya is a more expensive market.

Edited by DarkKurayami, 29 June 2015 - 06:59 AM.

#7 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

There will never be a Merge.....NEVER!

#8 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

There will never be a Merge.....NEVER!

I agree they will directly close freya  :heh:

#9 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

What ever happens, whether they merge or close Freyja, hope they give us our 20 channels back when they do.

#10 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

Closing Freya would be counter productive.

What does wanting the 20 channels have anything to do with a request for merge?

#11 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

How would they reconcile all the chars?  I have 9 on each and I don't want to lose them.  Also some older players left Odin to go to Freyja for good reasons.  If they merge it, it won't bring those players back to Odin...they will just quit.

#12 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

Closing Freya would be counter productive.

What does wanting the 20 channels have anything to do with a request for merge?

We lost channels 11-15 on Odin because of Freyja.  If Freyja players came over to Odin, or vice versa, it'll be nice to get the old channels back.  More productivity for farming and less crowdedness for grinding with more channels.

#13 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:30 PM

You mean, more channels for bots brought over from Freya? Which doesn't fix anything but just cause more chaos?

#14 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:51 PM

Limiting number of channels on the servers hurts actual players a lot more than it does for bots. Also, if they merge the server or if (a very big if) the population of this game ever improves, 10 channels is not going to cut it with the current meta of forever-grinding.

#15 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

That has nothing to do with a merge then.

And, given how you state that the game is basically dead (previously), getting more channels would not help the already low populated channels. Unless for some reason it is to created and place bots of your own, whereas with low player base they may not be spotted right away.

I'm sure, when and if, we get a higher player base within the game, they will logically have the need to return the removed channels, however adding them back in now is more harmful than good.

Also, how would people deal with the fact they have characters on both servers? Even if not filled up, say they have between 6 to 8 characters on each server, that already becomes a problem. Unless somehow, with the "merge" we would receive more character slots. Highly unlikely. Players would have to delete their beloved characters to accommodate the limit, which having two servers made possible to even have one of every class (if wanted).

The game can improve, vastly, if worked at correctly.

#16 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

Merge does perhaps mean more population, however even then it may not be enough to require the need for more channels right away.

So again, it has nothing in essence to do exactly with the topic at hand, other than you wanting more farming channels.

Because really, nine channels (ten as ghost) is clearly not enough to hop about to do farming as it is.

#17 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:49 PM

That has nothing to do with a merge then.

lolwut???

Server merge = bigger population = need for more channels

And, given how you state that the game is basically dead (previously), getting more channels would not help the already low populated channels.

Odin alone has issue with finding spots to grind, especially on weekends.  We've already seen it with DW and FP when it was new.  With the current numbers of channels we are going to have the same issue with all future content, especially if:

A: We have increase of players from server merge.

and/or

B: We have increase of players from this game improving.

I'm sure, when and if, we get a higher player base within the game, they will logically have the need to return the removed channels, however adding them back in now is more harmful than good.

As I mentioned above the limited number of channels is already an issue on Odin alone.  How would adding more channels be "harmful"???

Edited by donchan, 29 June 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#18 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

There you said it, in Odin alone. :exlamation:

Why bring Freya into that? Freya has its own problems as it is.

We still have plenty of bots to tackle, a lot more than in Odin. 

As well then you will also need to seriously consider language barriers, which isn't has heavy in Freya (we partly don't care what language you use, as long not insulting) whilst in Odin it is heavily required to use the most English and not other languages. Freya had been bringing in other servers in to it however not the English based ones.

I know of people, self included, of why am I playing a non English game if I want to speak in English.

I highly doubt it would be productive to alienate the player base as it is...

Why not just request for Odin to receive more channels then. It may be possible with the Jawaii update that with how things progress they could feel the need to do so, within Odin. Since there is where has been most issue regarding that.

The developers would decide if it is necessary, at that point, to bring in new channels...

Anyhow, wasn't part of the removal of channels to also improve gameplay? War Of Emperium if not mistaken partly, that I can remember at the moment. Also, when that change occurred to the channels, we still had quite the populated player base to have actually complained, and I do not recall players actually complaining (that vividly as you are now) that we were unable to play then. What makes it that different now when there are even less players running about?

Part reason there is an issue to channel grinding spots, is due to the fact there is always experience boosts during said weekends. Those two days is when unfortunately most players come on to grind what they need and then if lucky most of them come on during the week. Most don't even grind at all during the week, either farming things to playing a completely different game, due to that commodity of giving an almost permanent experience boost filled days. So the influx is irregular. The data used to base the number of channels may be partly due to such. With that, it is hard to actually determine if there is a need to add former channels back.

I'd understand getting those boost during certain times of the year (holidays) but every weekend? Not that many games do that, if any do so (other then special events). That is just an unnecessary gift of the game itself. Which in a way does more harm than good, however to remove it now would do even more harm in fact...

We will, or should, get some more players. With work outs (balances, bug repairs, so on...), the game could improve and perhaps regain its former glory we had pre-AoV and still had beginning of AoV. However, current conditions it has been hitting players too hard too often. Over and over. So it is a wait and see on that regards.

As for the reason for it being more "harmful", it is simple, most of the time you travel about in the channels, you see almost no players about (unless you consider certain dungeons, whereas only party members may see you in there) excluding certain spots (certain monsters for DNA/Cards/Costume/etcetera, material/gear grind, etcetera). Adding more channels spreads the players more within those new channels, if people claim already that certain servers seem like a ghost town, adding more channels will just thin out those players even more so and certainly make it seem deserted instead.

So once more, in thus, it is unnecessary to do a merge that would not benefit the players.

As well, it had been said several times, there would be no merge of Freya and Odin.

#19 Pavelmimimi

Pavelmimimi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:52 PM

>Gravity kills Frejya

>survival of the fittest:really passionate people or botters are invading Odin, odin got 6 out of 9 channels overfilled, channel 1 and 2 are constantly dropping, more people to live

>the true fans and VCRs are enjoying empty Jawaii and AH monopoly

bingo, merge completed.

#20 Glukos

Glukos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:45 PM

i dont want merge. No need merge actually. also no need more channel. all channels empty yet u want more channel? grinding spot is problem because every1 trying to grind at same spot. devs should put more grinding spot at New maps. most ppl didnt see anything except Tigers at FP sadly. FP is big map yet no1 going to other areas. only Tigers phhh. answer is Not more channels but more good grinding spots. So not every1 trying to grind at same spot

#21 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:47 AM

It's nice to read a topic full of misinformations and hypocrisy (put more spots in new maps and just ignore the problems in the old ones since i already passed them)

1) This game run on a server that can handle 20 channels so we are already at the limit! (9+1 Odin and 9+1 Freya)

Ask for new channels for grinding spots when channels are empty is like to hide the head under the sand and QQ because people still see us.

2) Only 1 server would means more population and GM not splitted to hunt bots, more population means less problems to find party, more competitivity in AH with a decrease

of prices as conseguence, more players reporting bots.

3) This is an english server so talk in english is the normality but this doesn't means we don't see everyday Russian, Spanish, French, Italian that share just the alphabet

(except russians). So what's the problem? We can always ask for a double pub channel one for english and one for PH It's way easier that you think.

#22 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:22 AM

1) This game run on a server that can handle 20 channels so we are already at the limit! (9+1 Odin and 9+1 Freya)

Ask for new channels for grinding spots when channels are empty is like to hide the head under the sand and QQ because people still see us.

Still need more grinding spots, sooner or later (expecting the population will grow), all channels will be full of parties grinding at the same spot

2) Only 1 server would means more population and GM not splitted to hunt bots, more population means less problems to find party, more competitivity in AH with a decrease of prices as conseguence, more players reporting bots.

GMs will still split, assuming that they wanna make it easier to hunt for bots, but agree with the rest

3) This is an english server so talk in english is the normality but this doesn't means we don't see everyday Russian, Spanish, French, Italian that share just the alphabet (except russians). So what's the problem? We can always ask for a double pub channel one for english and one for PH It's way easier that you think.

It's an international server, so we consider as default the most common language we learn at schools (english), to make it easier to be understood by others. But what about those who don't speak english and don't feel like learning just to communicate? Leave them isolated from others in their guilds? I don't think community would be fine being a bunch of islands.

Thai players are coming here, and there are a quite amount of brazilians playing too, creating a new pub only for them would create the same islands, not the best solution. I think the purpose is to unite all kind of people, not making them all stay in the same place and act as if they're fine.

Ahh, players can create a special channel for them and just isolate, so your solution is kinda useless, and human resources is the least of the problems here, maybe if the population decrease i can change my mind

#23 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:21 AM

"Still need more grinding spots, sooner or later (expecting the population will grow), all channels will be full of parties grinding at the same spot"

Adding grinding spots or go back at the quest grind system it was in lotr is the key not add more empty channels to a single server just for a couple more spots

#24 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:35 AM

No one feels like being isolated in an island beside those people who let their warped-minds get the better of themselves everything they see other people exchanging non-English conversations on public chat.

#25 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:09 AM

It's nice to read a topic full of misinformations and hypocrisy (put more spots in new maps and just ignore the problems in the old ones since i already passed them)

2) Only 1 server would means more population and GM not splitted to hunt bots, more population means less problems to find party, more competitivity in AH with a decrease
     of prices as conseguence, more players reporting bots.
3) This is an english server so talk in english is the normality but this doesn't means we don't see everyday Russian, Spanish, French, Italian that share just the alphabet
    (except russians). So what's the problem? We can always ask for a double pub channel one for english and one for PH It's way easier that you think.

1) Exactly why I was saying, requesting more channels isn't useful.

I also did say that I didn't recall fully the reasons for the lowering in number of channels, yet I do agree and stated in a sense the same about the addition of more channels doing more harm than good. People state ghost town as it is... (mostly newer players).

2) GMs are always spilt, they have other duties than just hunting the bots...we help point to the right directions.

Parties in a sense don't have that many issues to fill up. What has had mostly issues in filling up is usually PvP related, the Colosseum.

True, that would be the case within the markets, more supply lower cost.

Not everyone reports them either, some may ask for help on how to, but when comes to the process of doing it, they end up not. Given partly due to the fact that we have to leave the game to use the browser instead (wasn't there talks about making an option ingame though?)

3) Adding another channel for chat kinda kills the productivity of trying to get the community together. Also doesn't help the current TriviBot event being solely in English, many of the players would be unable to participate (despite good prizes), even less when they would try since there (in Odin) are too many speed demons that barely give much chances for others to get a point.

I suppose part of the problem was bringing in such a diversity of cultures into a formerly English one, and unfortunately someone had stated, not all cultures have English taught in school (and even then, some schools teach it quite poorly).

i dont want merge. No need merge actually. also no need more channel. all channels empty yet u want more channel? grinding spot is problem because every1 trying to grind at same spot. devs should put more grinding spot at New maps. most ppl didnt see anything except Tigers at FP sadly. FP is big map yet no1 going to other areas. only Tigers phhh. answer is Not more channels but more good grinding spots. So not every1 trying to grind at same spot

I believe that part of the issue, that I have gathered (since I have yet to go there - still a low level ML, shocking isn't it xD), is that paths without being mobbed by monsters with high risks of death. The tigers are just the most convenient to grind at.

It's an international server, so we consider as default the most common language we learn at schools (english), to make it easier to be understood by others. But what about those who don't speak english and don't feel like learning just to communicate? Leave them isolated from others in their guilds? I don't think community would be fine being a bunch of islands.

Thai players are coming here, and there are a quite amount of brazilians playing too, creating a new pub only for them would create the same islands, not the best solution. I think the purpose is to unite all kind of people, not making them all stay in the same place and act as if they're fine.

Ahh, players can create a special channel for them and just isolate, so your solution is kinda useless, and human resources is the least of the problems here, maybe if the population decrease i can change my mind

Refer up to my point 3 with Shinyusuke.

"Still need more grinding spots, sooner or later (expecting the population will grow), all channels will be full of parties grinding at the same spot"

Adding grinding spots or go back at the quest grind system it was in lotr is the key not add more empty channels to a single server just for a couple more spots

I'd prefer the return of more quests then this current almost endless grinding...sure we have a number of dailies, however in those aren't that much.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users