Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:40 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, Noobs and Girls.

Groups and Leveling? Is there really such a thing anymore? I've been away for awhile now and I just thought of a great way to get the game more interactive again and to get more people playing on all maps.  How you say? Fairly simple really. Limiting the Groups that a person can be in.

Before I left, the maps was rather empty, I currently do not know how it is now, but I'm willing to guess that most maps are still rather empty for the most part except for the people hitting the AOE spots in the game.  Yeah you know those people. The level 230 Cleric and Knight, and a bunch of low level noobsters sitting around hitting the aoe skill to kill a bunch of enemies at one time. We all just love to hate them because they never answer when you ask for a party. Either that or they're always full if the do happen to answer. EWW!!! So you go on and on looking for a party right? HAH! Fun fun, but wait... There's no one else leveling? Why? Where are they?  Seems like there's some people leveling over here!! What? 230 Cleric and Knight? Another group of people just hitting the AOE skills? Dang...

You've all seen it, you've all been there. It's the same thing just about every single time. You go out look for a party but can't find any except the AOE parties with the level 230 Clerics and Knights. The maps aren't being used as intended to level anymore. Everyone is just getting those 230 clerics and knights to do the work for them, to keep them healed, buffed, and the mobs off of you.

I would like to propose the groups be altered some. You know. Remember the party system from long ago? You had to be within a certain level before you could even join the party. I think in order to get the maps rolling again, to have more people playing through the maps instead of the aoe spots, the groups need to be limited by levels. This way, you don't have the level 230 characters doing the work of what should be done by players of the same leveling supporting each other. I'd propose a minimum of 20 levels, a max of 50 levels. For instance, Level 230 would only be able to group with players within 50 levels of them. So that'd be 180-230. Sounds reasonable enough for me, because by doing this, you're basically limiting the players ability to go from level 1, to level 230 in a matter of a couple of days. Sure it could still be done, but it would be a lot harder. It also forces the players to go from one map to another to level instead of standing in one spot spinning around in circles.

Another reason in doing this will allow players to actually level and experience their characters as they should by relying on team mates to support each other instead of the level 230's just sitting there taking all the damage and healing all the damage.

Thanks.

#2 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:45 AM

I am for this, I miss the days when the only cleric you had in the party was an at level one, and there were no level 230 knights doing sacri for you. It made it harder, and much more challenging to level like that. It certainly wasn't boring.

#3 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

i dislike it but also like it. Why i dislike it cause then i wont be able to help random lowbies that easy anymore as being max cleric.

Why would i like it, cause people will stop skipping maps and just follow every map. Which is what i did enjoy lots when i started to play 3 years ago.

Also i wanna mention when i lvl i mostly talk in group chat and then you can't see all chat, which makes that you don't know when anyone is asking for a party.

Maybe make that max lvl clerics can only help for certain amount of time? so that they still can give full buffs ect, since not all low lvl clerics got all buffs yet. :questionmark:

Edited by angeltje, 29 June 2015 - 05:56 AM.

#4 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:00 AM

But that is the point. It's harder since the lower level clerics don't have all the buffs. Thus it becomes a challenge to stay alive. When we partied like that, I knew I was a good cleric because I could keep my party alive. It was an accomplishment, which this game lacks now. Besides, a cleric would still be able to buff low levels, they would just have to use the single target buffs instead of the party ones.

Edited by pdfisher, 29 June 2015 - 06:01 AM.

#5 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:03 AM

Same thing will happen even if you restrict grouping... remember how people level before groups were implemented? Cleric will join the party buff then leave, spam flames and done

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:10 AM

True, but it was harder than what they do now. Now, someone just logs on their max level cleric, puts their bot on, and then plays on another character, or just goes afk. If grouping was limited by level, then they wouldn't be able to do that with the lowbies.

#7 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:12 AM

True, but it was harder than what they do now. Now, someone just logs on their max level cleric, puts their bot on, and then plays on another character, or just goes afk. If grouping was limited by level, then they wouldn't be able to do that with the lowbies.

Not only that, but they would also be limited to 1 person to heal at a time, group heals wouldn't work. and if you're in a high level area such as Ruins, the spiders dont constantly attack a single person. And they don't know which person is the lowest on health, they can only guess by looking at the screen.

Sure, they have flames, but those go out after so long.

Edited by NoobMeister, 29 June 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#8 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

A nerf to prosocial behavior would do more harm than good.

Instead I'd suggest closing the gap between aoes and single target. Do a global x% exp increase to all monsters level 30 and above, but make monsters give less exp each time they are hit by an aoe, down to a minimum of the current value.

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:49 AM

I dont see how. There isn't any socializing anyway. It's just one of the party members brings his cleric and/or knight, puts a bot on them and then afks or goes does something else. Where is the socializing in that? Since grouping was brought in, the afk botting has increased dramatically.

#10 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:04 AM

Since I intentionally don't go to the "good maps or good spots" I see people soloing and partying without buffs all the time. I always buff them on my cleric to help them out. Technically it is a social thing since it would be classified as prosocial behavior. I realize that your suggestion is intended to curb a different problem, but it would effectively halve my ability to help people since I would have to use single target cleric buffs which have half the duration of the item mall cleric buffs.

Botting has increased since groups were added. The notation that since x has happened y has increased shows no connection between the two variables. Do I think there is one? Yes, but grouping is not the cause of this problem. The problem is that certain spots are optimal for aoes and aoes are optimal for leveling. That notion incentivizes a passive play of spamming the same aoes over and over in a single spot, which gets boring. There is little repercussion for botting so it has increased. Groups are not the cause of the problem.

#11 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:05 AM

Flames dont die now unless killed

#12 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:16 AM

You would still be able to buff the lowbies, we did before grouping came out after all.

#13 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:34 AM

There's a few things i like about how the current grouping works.

1. Its better to click since its on the side of your screen to cast single heals to others.

2. Its actually more updated then the party function, which sometimes bugs out showing the specific player has either less buffs when actually has all the buffs.

3. It allows for max players to help lowbies characters to do their leveling which helps a little in the community of the game (one way or another)

Limiting the grouping to have gap just like party would create an uproar among people who don't look at forums much. (which is a lot) Then again that happens all the time...

My other concern is that the mobs right now are way too strong for lowbies to level with. Well then again it depends which character you are leveling. For my mage as an example (which is lvl 110+-) it is hard to even stay alive with so many changes to the game, even with max cleric healing, its still a challenge to stay alive while killing mobs. Unbuffed, i can barely even survive 1 mob. That might be the reason why you see knights around when you see a group of people leveling.

Yeah sure "last time" you could do that, but how long was that? 3 years+-? There's so many updates, so many changes to the game that it might not be possible to do the same thing again. I'm not sure because i haven't tried it yet but i will with another character later this week.

Either way, this idea has ups and downs. So far i'm only saying downs cuz, well, I like doing that :v

Sorry if it seems offensive in anyways.

#14 Necromancer27

Necromancer27

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCocito

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:40 AM

It used to be really fun to lvl up before...but there is a big difference between monsters and xp now....monsters are pretty much tankier now, and the xp they give sux compared to the one you earned before...i really miss the days when a mage/cleric/and some lurers can lvl up at prison....going last room was a really exciting challenge, eldeon was not only ruins.

But now..damm....lvl up is a pain in the a**, so ppl after 1/2 hours killing mobs and just get 1 lvl with normal buffs (not max cleric), they give up...or need those max cleric buffs to get not 1, but maybe 2 lvls in 2 hours...(still boring, at least for me).

So, what i mean is that lvl up is really, really hard and annoying to new ppl, specially if they dont have extra help from max chars (cleric/knight/raids...etc)

#15 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:37 PM

*p.s - didnt read anything just posting this*

atm just following this topic, will give my suggestion after i understand this post and read most of posts c:, reason is this post seems interested for me *just sayin*

#16 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:44 PM

I think main issue of needing max lvl is cause people skip most of the maps..

#17 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

I think main issue of needing max lvl is cause people skip most of the maps..

Its not only that, its also because mobs in their level range are stronger than the character to level itself. Example being in zant. Lowbies takes like 1 min to kill 1 woopie unbuffed (not true but i can test the actual amount later) where as a buffed lowbie would take less than 5 secs to kill 1 mob.

Its a matter of speeding up the leveling process which matters to them more. Honestly there's not quite enough quest for them to follow up upon to level faster or even reach on par with the people that have max characters to level with. Which is why i think increasing the amount of exp that quest gives to let it be on par with that the leveling process takes to be as fast as or even faster than people who buff, spam mobs and move map after. Although it needs to be thought out better when what i have suggested but it is a start.

#18 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:46 AM

Its not only that, its also because mobs in their level range are stronger than the character to level itself. Example being in zant. Lowbies takes like 1 min to kill 1 woopie unbuffed (not true but i can test the actual amount later) where as a buffed lowbie would take less than 5 secs to kill 1 mob.

Its a matter of speeding up the leveling process which matters to them more. Honestly there's not quite enough quest for them to follow up upon to level faster or even reach on par with the people that have max characters to level with. Which is why i think increasing the amount of exp that quest gives to let it be on par with that the leveling process takes to be as fast as or even faster than people who buff, spam mobs and move map after. Although it needs to be thought out better when what i have suggested but it is a start.

i agree not only problem but one of the problems tho. maybe the buff scaling like slowbob mentioned in other tread might be solution

#19 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:29 AM

Personally i think that thread and this thread can be merged since its has the same aim at the end.

But yeah i kinda like the idea that slowbro gave on that thread. But i would rather stick to my own, cuz well, its mine :v

and i'm a selfish idiot :v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users