Hello from Thai Server - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Hello from Thai Server

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 TSEnergy

TSEnergy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:32 PM

Hi,

I'm a player of RO2 in Thai Server. It's been announced in our server that they're preparing to merge Thai players' database with Warpportal. And...yes, RO2 Thai server remains no longer from 28 July 2015.

http://news.playpark.com/th/29833

Here's the link.

Content was written in Thai, meaning RO2 Thai server will be permanently shut down in July 28 2015. However, database of Thai players who wish to continue playing RO2 will be transferred to Warpportal's supervision. Conditions and details of transferal will be announced later.

We're told that cash point and time-limited items won't be transferred, so it is advised that everyone should use all cash/time-limited items they had left in their wallets/characters. 

To me it is very exciting to expand my gaming experience with people from different servers. I've joined some of non-Thai online games, TERA or Archage, but never before have I experienced merging between two existing servers.

As I'm aware of how players were treated in Thai server (most of the time essential information regarding bugs and systems were poorly given to players), I post this topic to ask Warpportal GM/CM or players if you have some information or experience to share about server mergence. 

We do have Colosseum (7pm and 9pm everyday) and Prontera/Morroc WoE (8pm Wednesday and Saturday). I can't really think of other activities -_-" wondering how it will be after we merge.

I know Thai people in the eyes of gamers all over the world are the bad ass (lol), and I don't blame them for thinking so. Some are really the -_-in bad ass, but they do have some good fellows, too!.

Feel free to share everything you want about this merging :) I hope we will have a good time and experience together. I too have a lot to share about my server, as I've started playing since the very first day this game released, up until now.

Cheers!

TSEnergy

PS. To Warpportal CM/GM, is there any information about merging you could share with us? We're now wondering about everything, items, honings, costumes, zeny systems ... i mean.. everything, really. Please do tell us :) Thanks

#2 TSEnergy

TSEnergy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

I want to reserve this first reply for questions and answer gathered along the way of the topics.

Here's what we would like to know, some are from my friends who are too shy to post here.

- What will the activities schedule be after we merge, our time zone is 12 hours away from NA.

- In our server, some player IDs are Facebook ID, meaning they will have to log in Facebook to connect to the server. Would that be a problem with this server?

- I think our server has a severe inflation of zeny, and it's not fair to Warpportal players to carry those huge zeny abroad. Please let us know your policy regarding this matter.

- Is there any effect against gears we had in our characters after we merge? including BS, GS, RS, honing points, status runes and cards. 

From SantaJones

I'm just curious to know roughly numbers of each guild in WoE battle of NA server?
And what about WoE maps during NOT WoE time? (Is there a Party/Raid/Guild Battle?)
Another one I want to know is how about Jehoon and Colosseum now in NA server? (feelings, exp, or etc.)

UPDATE

http://playragnarok2...ews/article/357

It's been announced that we will be merged with Freyja! I know some felt disappointed at this point, but the good news is that we will certainly be merged.

Q: When will I be able to opt-in to merge my characters from TH RO2 to iRO2?

A: TH RO2 will have an in-game opt-in method on July 7. On July 28, their service will close. On July 30, we will merge TH RO2 players that opted in via the in-game method into iRO2.

Q: Will there be a method to opt-in to merge after TH RO2 is closed?

A: Yes! There will be an opt-in website page for TH RO2 players to opt-in after it closes that is expected to run until October 7.

Q: What sort of items will not be merged into iRO2 from TH RO2?

A: Players will  be unable to bring over guilds, mail, kafra cash, and auctions.

And yes I definitely have lot of questions regarding items that will be moved. I hope WP will have more details and clarification of what will REALLY be moved with our characters.  

Edited by TSEnergy, 03 July 2015 - 12:52 AM.

#3 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

Early welcome to you!

Let me try to answer your questions:
1) Yes your items/zeny will likely be limited. I think I saw screenshots of your attendance rewards before. We don't have items like Angel's Kiss, so mostly likely those will be deleted if you come over. With most mergers, your items are also (sadly) bound to your characters.

2) Regarding bugs, sadly we have the same developer/bug fixer: Gravity. So whatever bugs you have, we probably have. If you don't have a fix for it, we don't have a fix for it either. We're all suffering the wait together. Warpportal staff/GMs/CM do not directly fix the bugs, but they are here as support until the bugs can be fixed.

3) Our Colosseum times are 1PM, 6PM, and 1AM Pacific Standard Time. Our WOE is 5PM Wednesday and Saturday.

Personally I have no experience with Thai players, but in general, as long as you are a good person, you'll be welcomed well. If you have bad manners, you will be treated with bad manners.

4) EDIT: I'm not sure about Facebook IDs, but most likely they'll be able to make Warpportal accounts in order to access our servers and you will bind your character data to your new ID.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Arbalist, 29 June 2015 - 09:48 PM.

#4 Leasfy

Leasfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationVergrond

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

Welcome O/

I believe that WP and Thai server are handling the matter as of now. Further detail will likely be given in near future. Always keep an eye on WP Forums and http://playragnarok2.com/News/All

#5 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:22 PM

So which server will wp merge, to odin or freya ?

Or even they merge all server in 1 :/

#6 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:32 PM

Odin. Merging them with Freyja is like merging Odin with Freyja. There were only two or three months difference between Odin and Thai server release dates.

#7 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:38 PM

Forgot this: Welcome guys!

There is already a small actives and semi-actives Thai community in Odin so you guys will fit nicely here.

#8 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:51 PM

welcome thais, vietnamese, cambodians~ i think probably freyja will be your destination, unless they merge all servers together at once. dont worry about being bad ass, there are pinoys here for you~

#9 SantaJones

SantaJones

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

Good news! This mergence gonna make my dream comes true.

Since, my guild habitually enjoys PvP and fighthing in WoE battle, so i may have something to study from NA WoE if you don't mind.
I wanna share you guys first that there is only couple guilds joined WoE battle of Thai server, which has around 30-40 ppl each guild.

As I've watched several WoE's videos of NA server, they seemed to be more pleasant than my Thai Server.
Therefore, I think every guilds have a great opportunity to capture the castles or the fortresses directly by their own guild or with an assistence from alliances and it sounds awesome!

I'm just curious to know roughly numbers of each guild in WoE battle of NA server?
And what about WoE maps during NOT WoE time? (Is there a Party/Raid/Guild Battle?)
Another one I want to know is how about Jehoon and Colosseum now in NA server? (feelings, exp, or etc.)

I'm looking forward to reading your WoE experience from NA server :-)

See you soon dudes!
Thanks.

#10 TSEnergy

TSEnergy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:08 AM

Good news! This mergence gonna make my dream comes true.

Since, my guild habitually enjoys PvP and fighthing in WoE battle, so i may have something to study from NA WoE if you don't mind.
I wanna share you guys first that there is only couple guilds joined WoE battle of Thai server, which has around 30-40 ppl each guild.

As I've watched several WoE's videos of NA server, they seemed to be more pleasant than my Thai Server.
Therefore, I think every guilds have a great opportunity to capture the castles or the fortresses directly by their own guild or with an assistence from alliances and it sounds awesome!

I'm looking forward to reading your WoE experience from NA server :-)

See you soon dudes!
Thanks.

NA Guys i'd like to introduce you the first bad ass from Thai Server. This monster cannot control its hunger to be beaten in WoE map. If you meet him in PVP area, please feel free to teach him lessons  :heh:  

Yes it's true our WoE is quite boring, since there aren't so much guilds and players participating WoE, and also with the fact that most ppl get lagged during WoE (i.e. my client normally terminates itself after accepting guild leader's Emergency Recall) 

Also, when it's not WoE time, WoE map remains only silence. There're some small fights some time, but most of the time ppl who killed other ppl in WoE map when it's not WoE hour were sentenced to lack of manner. It is quite ridiculous and boring to me by the way...but nvm.

Will get back to post some photos of our server's WoE 

#11 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Server:Odin / Freyja

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:17 AM

Cant be worse than freyja tho. We got like 100 players @ its best woe. Off woe hours are funny but there's no serious fight ever, mostly killing bp farmers. Colo is always empty, we run like 3 colo's max whole week... Still, woe's are fun :D

#12 TSEnergy

TSEnergy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:19 AM

Early welcome to you!

Let me try to answer your questions:
1) Yes your items/zeny will likely be limited. I think I saw screenshots of your attendance rewards before. We don't have items like Angel's Kiss, so mostly likely those will be deleted if you come over. With most mergers, your items are also (sadly) bound to your characters.

2) Regarding bugs, sadly we have the same developer/bug fixer: Gravity. So whatever bugs you have, we probably have. If you don't have a fix for it, we don't have a fix for it either. We're all suffering the wait together. Warpportal staff/GMs/CM do not directly fix the bugs, but they are here as support until the bugs can be fixed.

3) Our Colosseum times are 1PM, 6PM, and 1AM Pacific Standard Time. Our WOE is 5PM Wednesday and Saturday.

Personally I have no experience with Thai players, but in general, as long as you are a good person, you'll be welcomed well. If you have bad manners, you will be treated with bad manners.

4) EDIT: I'm not sure about Facebook IDs, but most likely they'll be able to make Warpportal accounts in order to access our servers and you will bind your character data to your new ID.

Hope that helps!

Thank you Arbalist this absolutely helps.

I understand such facts that Gravity is the guy. But it gives a better feeling to know that someone else is also suffering with us right? LOL

At least your community forum is more active, most questions and topics in our forum were left unnoticed or unanswered. And as I was here from time to time, I give more credit to Warpportal team and people in the community  :heh:  

#13 TSEnergy

TSEnergy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:26 AM

Cant be worse than freyja tho. We got like 100 players @ its best woe. Off woe hours are funny but there's no serious fight ever, mostly killing bp farmers. Colo is always empty, we run like 3 colo's max whole week... Still, woe's are fun :D

100 @ WoE is very fine imo. I can't remember when is the last time my WoE touches such number. Currently we only have about 2 guilds seriously involved in WoE, around 30-40 maximum each. There are also around 10-20 players wandering around during WoE. 

Colo in Thai server is challenging, you guys might love it when we came. I think we have around 5 champions per Colo round. Just don't be serious with the way Thais do Colo, some are fighters, some are bad ass, it's both fun and funny tho. 

#14 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:34 AM

Duh, gm's stopped caring about freyja, eventually, we'll go to odin someday. Game is empty overall, even channel 1's are empty, 3-4 vendors max... Its like bunch of temporary players coming just to woe/ afk. Imo, your woe situation is better if the guilds are equally strong. In freyja, a guild has 5 forts and others cant do anything about it.

#15 SantaJones

SantaJones

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:03 AM

Duh, gm's stopped caring about freyja, eventually, we'll go to odin someday. Game is empty overall, even channel 1's are empty, 3-4 vendors max... Its like bunch of temporary players coming just to woe/ afk. Imo, your woe situation is better if the guilds are equally strong. In freyja, a guild has 5 forts and others cant do anything about it.

We both are equally strong but it's totally boring, it's like the War of Trashtalk.
They keep insulting each other day by day on Public chat.
They always shift the blame to something/someone else when they get mad by other players which is just a game simulation. This is so much annoying to me and my guildies all the time and it made RO2 Thai Server didn't become a real game.

I hope I would see a better community if WP actually merged us together. :)

#16 TSEnergy

TSEnergy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:14 AM

This happened to my server as well. When Echo of Souls was released, most decent players left RO2. There're groups of ppl in couple channels, but most of the time they're empty too. 

Yes we own both castles and almost ever forts. However, it doesn't matter how many castles and forts we conquered, what matters is we have the opponent that have spirit to fight with. A war without an enemy is merely a kid's playground :no1:   Hope we meet some day in the battlefield DietSodaa!  

#17 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:28 AM

Only if they accept the fact that freyja is dead, then we will meet xD Odin people being noisy and doesnt want freyja merge but acting like little kids if its another server...

#18 Mugenjou88

Mugenjou88

I made it Off Topic

• 71 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:33 AM

We do have Colosseum (7pm and 9pm everyday) and Prontera/Morroc WoE (8pm Wednesday and Saturday). I can't really think of other activities -_-" wondering how it will be after we merge.

Welcome TH players,

Since your timezone is (GMT+7) that mean colosseum times started at 3AM, 8AM, and 3PM  (3 times a day), for WoE 7AM every thursday and sunday.

#19 TSEnergy

TSEnergy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:38 AM

Only if they accept the fact that freyja is dead, then we will meet xD Odin people being noisy and doesnt want freyja merge but acting like little kids if its another server...

I just know by today that there're two servers here. It should be fun if everyone could be in the same server, reminding me of RO2 when it was first released. In my country, every channel status went red (at that time we had 30 channels). Finding a party or guild was never so difficult. Colo was for 30 ppl and it was filled up in a minute or two. Ohhh how I missed those days.

#20 TSEnergy

TSEnergy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:41 AM

Welcome TH players,

Since your timezone is (GMT+7) that mean colosseum times started at 3AM, 8AM, and 3PM  (3 times a day), for WoE 7AM every thursday and sunday.

A very bad news for us  :p_cry:  but let's see what we can do to get over it.

#21 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:59 AM

I think you guys will find no problem adjusting to our server time. Sure some of you may find it's troublesome to attend colo more than once per day, but most of the players here who share the same timezone as you guys, find even the most horrible schedule of them all which is the WoE, quite manageable.

A guild filled with mostly those players is currently managing superbly well in Odin WoE.

Having an advantage in timezone means nothing if they don't know how to WoE.

#22 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:15 AM

I just know by today that there're two servers here. It should be fun if everyone could be in the same server, reminding me of RO2 when it was first released. In my country, every channel status went red (at that time we had 30 channels). Finding a party or guild was never so difficult. Colo was for 30 ppl and it was filled up in a minute or two. Ohhh how I missed those days.

Good old days.  :sob: 

Anyway, welcome Thai Player.  :p_smile: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

#23 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

Welcome, new players! <3 :3  Hope you guys come to Odin, we need more players hehe.  Or like how somebody above mentioned, merge all three servers into one :D

Edited by donchan, 30 June 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#24 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:33 AM

Oh yeah thats the most legit thing to do, merge all 3 into 1 =)

#25 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:34 AM

Welcome new players! I don't know if you had anything like our VCR (Volunteer Community Representative) program on your servers, but feel free to message any of the VCR members here with suggestions or ideas, and if you feel up to it you can also apply to become a representative yourself.

http://forums.warppo...epresentatives/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users