• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

x9EIg6P.gif

Proud and Patriotic!

July 1, 2015 to July 15, 2015

RO2 has always attracted an international audience. As we are joined by more players from other regions and servers, our community is becoming even more diverse! In this event, we invite you to celebrate what makes your country great through RO2-themed images and stories.

Entries

Entries will be accepted from July 1 to July 15.

There are two categories for your entry:

Original Art  Works of art that show RO2 characters or monsters representing your country.

Edited Screenshot Edited screenshots of monsters, characters, or existing game art. 

Each piece of artwork must be accompanied by a short caption (150-250 words) about why the theme was chosen. You might describe your traditional independence day celebrations or even talk about the symbolism of your flag. The goal of the event is to celebrate each country in a positive way and educate others about your country. Entries and posts that promote negative stereotypes or negative views of other countries will be removed. Please keep the content friendly, educational, and PG!

Voting

Voting will be done by the WarpPortal team for the winners of the two categories. 

All images will be posted to an album on our RO2 Facebook page. From July 17 to 20, Facebook "likes" and "shares" will be counted and a community choice winner will be selected. 

Prizes

Each quality entry will receive a 7-Day VIP with the country of their choice. If the country is not available, the 7-Day Poring VIP will be used.

In each category, the two entries with the highest number of votes will receive a 1-slot, country-specific cape. If the country is not available, a different 1-slot cape will be selected.

One additional winner will be selected by Facebook votes.

Available Country Capes and VIPs

Flag Capes:

BrazilCanadaChinaEU IndonesiaKoreaMalaysiaPhilippinesSingaporeTaiwan – ThailandUSA

Flag VIPs:

Brazil – Canada – China – EU – Indonesia – Korea – Malaysia – Philippines – Singapore – Taiwan – USA

Unfortunately, if a Flag Cape/VIP is not available for your country we cannot have one made for you at this time. Winners from counties without flag capes or VIPs will receive a special Cape of Unity and 7-Day Poring Icon VIP. Cape of Unity and Country Flag Capes will be 1-slot and have no stats. Don't let the database fool you!

How to Enter

Please use this form to enter:

In-Game Name:

Server:

Preferred Cape (Country or Unity):

Image:

Description/Story:

Each entry must include an image and a description/story.

Rules

- One entry per person!

- Inappropriate and offensive content will be removed.

- Entries must be new, original work.

- Event and prize details are subject to change.

Edited by VmodPoke, 14 July 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#2 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:10 AM

Just one question since the cape of unity it's way more cuter, can the winner ask for it instead of the flag of his country? XD

#3 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:33 AM

I second that question!

#4 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:20 AM

But... country capes!

Okay okay. You can pick which cape you'd like. I'll add the option to the entry info so that winners get their preferred capes.

Edited by VmodPoke, 01 July 2015 - 07:20 AM.

#5 NilaR

NilaR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

Is the caption of each entry have to be added on the artwork and edited screenshot, or just add it separately in the entry's description/story?

#6 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

Is the caption of each entry have to be added on the artwork and edited screenshot, or just add it separately in the entry's description/story?

Thanks for asking! I wasn't sure if that was clear...

Each entry should have two parts: An image (drawn or edited SS) + a story. The story should be separate from the image, and should describe the picture and/or let us know a bit about your country. If you'd like to caption the story or include text in your picture to help explain the image that works too! Just be sure to have a bit of story as text so that it can be translated if needed :)

Please let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

#7 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:31 AM

But... country capes!

Okay okay. You can pick which cape you'd like. I'll add the option to the entry info so that winners get their preferred capes.

Don't take it as personal is only that right now if i win I would get the EU one so it's not exactly my country cape and right now Europe has some problems between their country and a lot of ppl is against the idea of europe itself  :p_swt:

Anyway your idea is really nice and also the cape for different countries  :no1:

Edited by Shinyusuke, 01 July 2015 - 10:31 AM.

#8 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

I'm more than a little disappointed that the winners are going to be selected by facebook likes/shares, players who enter will likely just nag all of their friends and guild members to vote for them leaving players like me who don't use facebook and aren't in a guild without much of a chance when considering that there are such a limited number of cape prizes :(

#9 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

I'm more than a little disappointed that the winners are going to be selected by facebook likes/shares, players who enter will likely just nag all of their friends and guild members to vote for them leaving players like me who don't use facebook and aren't in a guild without much of a chance when considering that there are such a limited number of cape prizes :(

Not to mention the tryhards that are going to spam fake accounts to vote with too...

#10 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

let us hope this does not become the same result as what happened with the top 100 guild cape scandal

#11 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

let us hope this does not become the same result as what happened with the top 100 guild cape scandal

These capes are already made and in-game right now, so that wont be an issue.

Edited by Tonitrua, 01 July 2015 - 12:15 PM.

#12 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:04 PM

I was actually excited and going to participate in an event for once.  My excitement lasted .6 nanoseconds until I read how it was going to be judged.  There is no way I will bother if they are going to use FB for judging.  All that will be is a cheat fest/popularity contest.  

Edit:  Also I think since some countries got capes automatically given to them...those should be made available to everyone else for their own countries.

Edited by Blondheart, 01 July 2015 - 12:08 PM.

#13 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

If this is a common sentiment (which it seems it could be!) it would be very easy to change the judging so it is done by the WarpPortal team. I'll talk it over with Njoror & Co. quickly and will update the thread with any changes!

This voting style was a throw-back to how events were done when RO2 started, so I'm totally open to changes if Facebook makes a lot of people :(

Stay tuned~

#14 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

Okay! Event details are updated.

The same number of capes will be awarded, but the winners of each category will now be selected by the WarpPortal team in a similar style to how recent contest winners were selected.

One winner will be selected from the Facebook "likes" and "shares" so that the community has the opportunity to voice their opinion on the winner as well! I'm happy to consider other ways of judging winners for future events. PM me your suggestions!

#15 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:14 PM

That certainly seems fair, thank you for listening to us.  Now to plan for the event!  :thx:

#16 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:36 AM

the event is over~ 

Thanks for the Cape!

YumwvUo.jpg

okay~ I'm just trolling..........................................

have fun with the event^^

Edited by Amilus, 02 July 2015 - 03:38 AM.

#17 Fata7

Fata7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe void

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

In game name: IcylightxD
server: Odin
cape I want: Unity

http://imgur.com/XBIIirP

caption thingeh~ well im from hilly, rainy, cold but beautiful scotland and most scottish people are very patriotic, as you can see i chose a famous quote that most people know, it's from the movie braveheart which is about scotlands freedom and the war against the english etc. I chose maple forest in my screenshot because the different coloured trees, blue sky and green grass reminds me of home and of course you're not a highlander if you don't wield 2 greatswords and wear a kilt on a daily basis(joking no one wears kilts here unless it's some sort of event going on and i think greatswords are illegal lol) maybe someday scotland will have it's independence back T_T but it's gonna be another 10 years or whatever away till the next referendum and I personally think that scotland should be independent, so that in the future dual wielding greatswords can be a reality and we can just smite the people we dislike! (joke) sorry for my terrible editing etc XD im noob at this and i hope it's funny for people to look at. Anyways enjoy and sealbh math dhuibh(good luck in gaelic) everyone!

Edited by Fata7, 02 July 2015 - 11:28 PM.

#18 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:33 AM

In-Game Name: SageLeaf

Server: Odin

Preferred Cape (Country or Unity): USA~

Spoiler

Edited by samaura, 04 July 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#19 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:34 PM

I love the entries so far. Looking forward to seeing more!

:p_love:

#20 4910131006002030110

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:02 PM

In-Game Name: Karchorot

Preferred Cape (Unity)

winner_zps9xrag3at.jpg

First star.

Football is important in America and play is not just sport, it is the struggle of a nation for the right to an elusive joy. Chile knows this and for many years of constantly fight for his first star this arrived a few days ago facing the best team in the world.

Gloria is shaped like a balloon, viva Chile.

Primera Estrella.

Futbol es importante en américa y jugarlo no solo es deporte, es la lucha de toda una nación por el derecho a una alegría esquiva. Chile lo sabe y por muchos años peleo constantemente por su primera estrella que llego hace algunos días enfrentando al mejor equipo del mundo.

Gloria tiene forma de balón, viva Chile.

#21 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

Here is my rough draft, representing Nóatún.

Spoiler

Life is Much Better down at Nóatún, take it from me.

I hope you visit someday and make it Part of Your World.

I am not an artist.

Edit: Okay, I just saw Karchorot's and I don't feel like I'm going to win.

#22 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

Here is my rough draft, representing Nóatún.

Life is Much Better down at Nóatún, take it from me.

I hope you visit someday and make it Part of Your World.

I am not an artist.

Edit: Okay, I just saw Karchorot's and I don't feel like I'm going to win.

If you do we will have to work in making you a special cape. Perhaps one with an icon of Skidbladnir?

#23 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

If you do we will have to work in making you a special cape. Perhaps one with an icon of Skidbladnir?

I think I'd prefer one with Jörmungandr on it, since it would make me look fierce and cool, plus he's technically a relative.

#24 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

In game name: IcylightxD
server: Odin
cape I want: Unity

http://imgur.com/XBIIirP

caption thingeh~ well im from hilly, rainy, cold but beautiful scotland and most scottish people are very patriotic, as you can see i chose a famous quote that most people know, it's from the movie braveheart which is about scotlands freedom and the war against the english etc. I chose maple forest in my screenshot because the different coloured trees, blue sky and green grass reminds me of home and of course you're not a highlander if you don't wield 2 greatswords and wear a kilt on a daily basis(joking no one wears kilts here unless it's some sort of event going on and i think greatswords are illegal lol) maybe someday scotland will have it's independence back T_T but it's gonna be another 10 years or whatever away till the next referendum and I personally think that scotland should be independent, so that in the future dual wielding greatswords can be a reality and we can just smite the people we dislike! (joke) sorry for my terrible editing etc XD im noob at this and i hope it's funny for people to look at. Anyways enjoy and sealbh math dhuibh(good luck in gaelic) everyone!

shout out to the S C O T T I S H   B O Y S 

#25 Zazyx

Zazyx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSomewhere, you'll never know!

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

In-Game Name: Loltia

Preferred Cape (Country or Unity): Korea

Image:

Spoiler

Description/Story:

The flag represents freedom of the American citizens. The fifty stars represents the all of the states united under this flag. The thirteen stripes represents the individual colonies that declared independence from Great Britain. Official holiday of our independence is the 4th of July. This day calls for celebration with foods, drinks and explosions (fireworks.) There's different types of fireworks available here. Public fireworks that are on display are paid by the city/states government or private individuals that have purchased for personal usage. Depending on where you visit, the fireworks may vary. This is wonderful to spend time with family and friends during this event, helps bring them together. Most of the time there is chicken, beef, steak, hamburgers, hotdogs, pies and other foods. My favorite part of this holiday to be honest, is the food. Sure explosions are awesome and all but the food.. It really calls to you, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Zazyx, 10 July 2015 - 01:46 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users