Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:10 PM

*Edit*

New question - 

Thanks guys. Have a question concerning the spirits though, how exactly do I heal them? I notice spirit cure and spirit sympathy helps them survive longer, but are those skills worth it? Also does leveling the spirits increase their max hp?

Definitely having trouble keeping my level 1 ventus spirit alive in TI.

Edited by Quoc, 01 July 2015 - 05:38 AM.

#2 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

leveling a mage/sage (my preferred method not using maneater blossoms): fireball, coldbolt (metallers) [job change] metallers, goats, heavens drive harpies w/ bounty board. 

Once you get 99/70 scholar, Do a TI, stack another, pump job, then free reset from mesmerist to knock out all of the prerequisites for your woe/pvm build and get PW 5. Then it should be easy if you can PW. Then i'd go DD, VS (stun chance is underrated when tanking mobs, plus low cooldown), EG. then work on your summons.

#3 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:34 PM

I think some people might opt for firewall 10 these days for proccing GH shoes. That might involve "wasting" some of your scholar points though.

#4 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

iirc, the shoes are lvl 99+ so firewall would be useless once you're able to get killing cloud, but also, 120 int is expensive until about ~lvl110ish, 120.

#5 zxcnm

zxcnm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBritannia
  • Server:Chaos, Thor

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:05 AM

Im lvl 100 sorc..pls rate my stats..Offensive caster build

str - 1

agi - 1

vit - 80

int - 100

dex - 60

Luk - 1

what stat shud i add next rather than int? Shud i add agi? pls advice thanks

#6 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:43 AM

Thanks guys. Have a question concerning the spirits though, how exactly do I heal them? I notice spirit cure and spirit sympathy helps them survive longer, but are those skills worth it? Also does leveling the spirits increase their max hp?

Definitely having trouble keeping my level 1 ventus spirit alive in TI.

Edited by Quoc, 01 July 2015 - 03:44 AM.

#7 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:41 AM

@Quoc: Sympathy helps their HP pool. Cure ... heals them. I have cure, and will use it like indulge when needed. Leveling a nigher version of the spirit increases their max hp. so yeah lvl 2 > lvl 1 in terms of HP

@Zxcnm It looks good. Not sure your gear, but its pretty decent. My stats at 100 were 120 int, the rest vit, 1 dex, but thats because i have 100% variable reduction from equipment, so i don't need dex until later in the game. (for a pvm build at 175, i would get 120 dex for GH shoes.)

#8 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:19 AM

@Quoc: Sympathy helps their HP pool. Cure ... heals them. I have cure, and will use it like indulge when needed. Leveling a nigher version of the spirit increases their max hp. so yeah lvl 2 > lvl 1 in terms of HP

@Zxcnm It looks good. Not sure your gear, but its pretty decent. My stats at 100 were 120 int, the rest vit, 1 dex, but thats because i have 100% variable reduction from equipment, so i don't need dex until later in the game. (for a pvm build at 175, i would get 120 dex for GH shoes.)

Thanks! So I guess the skills would be worth it for PvM as far as it goes?

#9 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:22 AM

It doesn't hurt. 

#10 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

Thanks! So I guess the skills would be worth it for PvM as far as it goes?

For regular leveling you wont use those that much, especially if you are flying aroung with fly wings, but for mvp, and tanking stuff they are definitively useful, and if your goal is pvm, they dont hurt at all.

#11 zxcnm

zxcnm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBritannia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

@Lapphy - my gears are +9 KK Skull cap, +9 Imm FAW SP 19 and +10 TSOD 5/4 for reduction...orleans gown int+3...with these gears i dont nid dex?

#12 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

@zxcnm what rick is saying is that you dont need dex for cast time, but, if not for pvm only, you are going to be super gear dependant. On the other hand, when you are low level, lets said 100 or something like that, is better to invest on INT and leave dex alone if you have gear to reduce your cast time 100%

In your specific case you have 19% from KK and skull cap combo, 20% from staff alone and 30% from FAW so you are missing points yet, you have 69, so you need 31 to get instant cast. And if you thing about orleans gown you are adding 15% casting time, so basically you have 69-15, that being 54% so with 1 dex and that gear you cast is going to be super slow anyway.

I think that if you have the budget, get 2 RWC spell3/3 that will add 32% with both, so 54+32 will be 86%. You still can get 10% from temporal int with spell 5 so it will be 10% more, so 96%. Now ou miss 4% and that will be, i dont know, maybe a Dark Illusion carded mid gear. that will be 106% so instant with orleans.

Now, you can dish out Dex for other status that you prefer. Of course when you lvl up higher you will notice that even then you still can use dex for temporal dex boots bonus (0,5 reduction of fixed cast time) considering all your spells had 1 or less fixed is super op buff, specially for bio 4 leveling. And for some instant cast builds that dont rely on summons (because you cant always had ventus out). Of course if your goal is WOE i dont recommend going for 1 dex because, that will make you super dependant of gear and to be honest not a very wise option.

Anyway, summarizing at your level got int and get instant cast gear, i give you the calculations above, after that and when you use more your sorc, switch to whatever you want, personally i got on my woe sorc 120 dex, and on my pvm sorc too, because i like fast cast, and being more summon free (i like to mvp with my sorc so being able to defend myself or tank stuff or whatever, take priority over ventus sometimes.

#13 zxcnm

zxcnm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBritannia

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:06 AM

ahh ok but i dont have RWC ring so i will just have to put some dex for it to help reduce cast. I plan to buy Temp int or dex boots spell5 but anyway Thanks for the great advice Sewasan and Lapphy...very much appreciate!

#14 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

its not the ring, its the pendant.

#15 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

ahh ok but i dont have RWC ring so i will just have to put some dex for it to help reduce cast. I plan to buy Temp int or dex boots spell5 but anyway Thanks for the great advice Sewasan and Lapphy...very much appreciate!

Yes, as Lapphy said, is the pendant. And, you can get 20% reduction for cheap if you use sprint ring (10% reduction each) or orleans server+orleans glove combo (10% it doesnt stack with a second orleans glove tough and, is a little bit expensive but less expensive than RWC)

#16 zxcnm

zxcnm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBritannia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:34 PM

ok got RWC pendant dex3/sp2/s3 and Int3/sp3/sp2..just used 10 reset..that will be for the meantime...OT..what if rwc already carded, can i still reset the enchant without losing the card?

#17 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:34 AM

what if rwc already carded, can i still reset the enchant without losing the card?

Yes.

Tho, I'm not sure about 2nd slot. It has a chance to reset all enchants (card stays), but so far I've been resetting it but it never fails (I deliberately wanted to reset ALL enchants).

#18 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:01 AM

You can lose all enchants and cards if you fail to enchant the stat portion of the pendant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users