Solo Leveling Maps and Solo-Dungeons for Master Levels - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Solo Leveling Maps and Solo-Dungeons for Master Levels

6 replies to this topic

#1 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

Hi Guys,

Long time no see everyone..

There were couple of attempts for me to come back to this game lately..but it keep failing because I find myself unable to level my character from ML 30-35.  I had this idea for awhile already and have been discussing with players...quite a lot of people agree with this idea.

This is actually not a new idea, it has been suggested way back a year ago when they introduce master level and a HUGE chunk of player-base shrinked as a result of imbalance skills and bugs pop-up at that time as well as "party lvling as the ONLY feasible option to level up" mechanism  The game managed to survive by expanding access to other regions and merging with SEA server.  However, it is time to bring this idea again, as it is really the appropriate time to implement this....or it'll be too late.

Face it, not all the people like the idea of party-lvling as the ONLY feasible option to lvl up since Master Level. To make matter worse, with the current playerbase, it is almost impossible to find a party to leveling in Forgotten payon.  This is one of the reason why it keep blocking me from coming back to this game....

My suggestion would be create solo-lvling maps and dungeons for Master Levels.(Simply re-use maps and mobs to save development time).  Make solo-leveling 2-3 times slower than party-lvling.  It must be doable for solo kinda like back in pre-master level era.  (No need to +20 everything to be able to solo)

By doing this, I can guaranteed it will attract a good amount of solo-lvling lovers to this game.

Feel free to discuss.

Edited by AikaFuwa, 01 July 2015 - 12:24 PM.

#2 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

also if i really would love it it will never happen

#3 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:39 PM

I bet jawaii monster will be rediculous strong just like monster in FP. They made a huge map for FP but people only use 1 spot eddga junior to grind. But they never think about result before do anything, Gravity style, GG. After Thai's server close this month and soon after the contract for this game beween WP & Gravity expires I wonder if WP dare to sign another one with Gravity if this keep going.

#4 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

Really, when I'm doing research for general MMORPG I can conclude that leveling system get each different problems:

- suck spawn rate (this mainly for RO1)

- no variation place to level

- low EXP rate/rewards

- too high EXP requirements to level up

- leveling way only stuck as mindless-grinding

- Too much death penalty

- Level up is not that slow, but you need massive online time (7+ hours/day) to optimize your cash shop. Otherwise, it will be slow due to wasted EXP booster you buy...

In general, MMORPG only have at most 2 problems stated above and developers can easily get rid or promote the "cash shop" thing to eliminate that problem.. RO2 is maybe the only one game that I encounter to have ALL of those problems and you need to rely ALL kafra shop items...

#5 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:27 PM

Really, when I'm doing research for general MMORPG I can conclude that leveling system get each different problems:

- suck spawn rate (this mainly for RO1)

- no variation place to level

- low EXP rate/rewards

- too high EXP requirements to level up

- leveling way only stuck as mindless-grinding

- Too much death penalty

- Level up is not that slow, but you need massive online time (7+ hours/day) to optimize your cash shop. Otherwise, it will be slow due to wasted EXP booster you buy...

In general, MMORPG only have at most 2 problems stated above and developers can easily get rid or promote the "cash shop" thing to eliminate that problem.. RO2 is maybe the only one game that I encounter to have ALL of those problems and you need to rely ALL kafra shop items...

It is actually so frustrating to the point that it is totally stopping me from playing the game..i mean I want to play it but I simply can't! :'(

I have tolerance of lot of things like grinding, i can grind for hours and still enjoy it.  But unable to do solo-leveling ? And not enough players to do party-leveling? This totally block me from playing this game.

I mean there is so little effort to copy/paste an old map and changing monsters stats (and probably their names). I was a programmer and I know how code works. Just do this little thing and it will attract a lot more players trust me.  What if they wouldn't do it?  If they wouldn't do it, the only reason I can think of is that the developers hate this game and want this game to die.  Nothing else.

#6 Glukos

Glukos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:39 PM

i m agree with u and i suggested 1-2 times same thing. i dont like party grinding. Simply many ppl quitted because no solo grind anymore. No need new map. just devs should nerf ml mobs so every1 will be happy

#7 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:47 AM

I once did a buch of proposal one group of them were:

- delete party bonus (if you party you are faster to kill mobs but you have to divide exp between your party members

- bring back the old exp requirement for ML21-ML35

- decrease the monsters difficulty level according to the single player power and not the party power

- increase of the exp gained per kill according to the increase of monster level (a lv67 monster give 14 MP? a lv80 can't give the same amount or lower) the goal is maintain

the same number of monsters (of player's same level) needed each level to level up

- never do again an exp bonus event and delete the weekend one that brings inequity between the players since some can't play at weekends

- the exp decrease wen the level gap between monster and player is high can be a good thing but the complete absence of exp reward (0.001 is quite 0) under a certain

level it's not only frustrating but tend to convince players to not help newbie too low since they wouldn't get any exp. Right now the help come from bored high levels, this

would be fixed just decreasing the cap from 100% to 90% for 10+ level difference.

- Create safe paths in the new maps reintroducing not aggressive monsters (white name)

- Increase the exp reward for quest in the new ML maps and introduce new non dayly sidequests with an amount of exp equal or higher that the exp that can be grinded

in the same time you need to complete the quest. (we have only 1 quest that ask us to kill only 1 boss in osiris, we don't have quest for temples, the magic wall that

don't allow to enter in osiris before the completion of the relative quest doesn't work and so on)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users