Autumn Hairband - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Autumn Hairband

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#51 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

Yes. yes I have done bio4 as a ranger and I can EFFING 1 SHOT EVERYTHING ON THE MAP SOLO with no limit and go into camouflage after its RETARDED.

#52 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:55 PM

Arrow storm requires NO SPECIAL BUILD WHATSOEVER

You can build to specialize in autowarg for pvp/woe/mvp and STILL use HAX ASS ARROW STORM to DOMINATE every INSTANCE DUNGEON/PVM locale in the game. Its pathetic. Its RangerRO and not iRO.

its completely effing unnecessary to continually buff AS when other classes' pvm capabilities suck ballz compared to ranger's. Its like chalkboard nails to me when I see people crying they "need" autumn hairband's AS boost.

if u SPECIALIZE in autowarg, i doubt u can DOMINATE every insitance and pvm.
if you are talking about mvp cards and two set of high end gears for autowarg and AS and switch each time, thats possible.
but i really doubt u can specialize in aspd auto warg while at the same time deal huge AS damage with the same gears

#53 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:55 PM

Yes. yes I have done bio4 as a ranger and I can EFFING 1 SHOT EVERYTHING ON THE MAP SOLO with no limit and go into camouflage after its RETARDED.

Congratulations, you have a better Ranger than I. I wish I could one shot everything in Bio4 with no limits up.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 02 July 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#54 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

Congratulations, you have a better Ranger than I. I wish I could one shot everything in Bio4 with no limits up.

its partly because of this stupidly OP +9 autumn hairband that I can

Edited by Jaye, 02 July 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#55 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

Yup because rangers suck in WoE and they almost die to anything in one or two shots. They can switch to CK/Shield but still not that tanky. On top of that, while they're on CK/Shield, they cant attack. I WoE'ed with ranger last night and lol The class itself is pretty weak. I dont even want to think about normal rangers who cant afford MVPs or decent enchants in WoE, probably cant kill anyone and die to anything that randomly hits them.

So they should enjoy PVM :D

-__-

they arent weak,the game is just unbalanced and well..

actually my ranger kill more using Shield+ CK than bow,bow is just 4fun and  1x1 against RG's,Sura's.

u know my ranger very well :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice:

btw,actually is possible to specialize AS/Auto warg...

At the moment my ranger can AS,WARG,MANUAL WARG,Hunter trap.

is just about the correct gears,build and consumable.

and when bio 5 hat arrive here,well,my hybrid build will be awesome (i need a SS to make it OP but im poor ç_ç)

Edited by Hissis, 02 July 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#56 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

I have a +9 AHB. and +12 BxB, and a full WW Set. I can one shot everything but Randel with no limits in Bio4. Randel MAYBE if I use cursed water, but certainly not all at once.

And no limits is a double edged sword. It last 1 minute, it reduces all defense to 1. It makes you Squishy. Which is funny, because you are reasonably squishy before hand, but it does make a big impact, for me specifically I notice it with Magic Damage.

#57 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:16 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into one of those things where a fix that we need to preserve balance is abandoned and the affected item left unchanged because a few people wouldn't shut up about why its unintended behaviour was so special to them.

You guys know these hats were designed to promote depreciated builds right? And that kRO has released several gears that buff AS even harder, which we will eventually receive?

#58 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

What's look at this from another angle.  What would be a better way to balance things?  Would it be better to  buff all other classes to have skills of equal power as AS and similarly powerful skills or lower the power of AS and similarly powerful skills?

#59 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:24 PM

Link please.

And yes I will defend something that makes my classes primary objective useful. I am going to be defending it to the bitter end because the only reason complain about Rangers damage is because their own class unfulfilling.

And please, by all means throw in project integrity, I already said my piece on that one in a previous post.

#60 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:25 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into one of those things where a fix that we need to preserve balance is abandoned and the affected item left unchanged because a few people wouldn't shut up about why its unintended behaviour was so special to them.

You guys know these hats were designed to promote depreciated builds right? And that kRO has released several gears that buff AS even harder, which we will eventually receive?

I hope not too. I'm all for modifying the AHB's effect (so I can use +9 Vana in peace with myself).

But when the discussions begins to attack how ranger arrow storm is too OP, etc etc, I feel that their opinions are just too lopsided.

we're not exactly running around PVP rooms, WoE, instances and MVP maps, spamming arrow storm, running at speed pot speed, hitting 900K crit damage per hit, while tanking enemies attacks here.

Edited by DeadIntern, 02 July 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#61 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

What's look at this from another angle.  What would be a better way to balance things?  Would it be better to  buff all other classes to have skills of equal power as AS and similarly powerful skills or lower the power of AS and similarly powerful skills?

We need pretty much universal nerfs to get rid of this instagibbing or bust mentality.

Most obvious offenders: GoH and GFist, CC, AS, Crush Counter combo.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 02 July 2015 - 05:26 PM.

#62 Raizel00

Raizel00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

Kro has shadow gear with MVP effects and cash shop MVP I'm sure if we had these wouldn't be fighting over this hat now lol

#63 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:30 PM

We need pretty much universal nerfs to get rid of this instagibbing or bust mentality.

What some people want is party play, something that is a lot more achievable if things are balanced. But RO has lost a lot of charm with party play. I don't know classic a lot, but I know in Renewal I may enjoy doing some party stuff with guild members, but my bread and butter is to solo stuff so I can save up for gear to have more insane fun times with.

Some people want these balances, some don't, some don't know what they want. I didn't enjoy RO party play in the early days, I sure as -_- don't wanna go back to it at this point when I do personally have a lot of fun soloing things.

When it comes to games, only where competitiveness comes into play should changes be made. The only part of this game that should apply to is PvP/WoE. Leave the rest of it alone or find a viable non abusive way to make party play seem somewhat interesting again.

#64 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:33 PM

GFIST dont need a nerf e_e

idk why people complaim about this... without bryn and full GF Build is really hard to kill a well geared player and most of times it is a suicide due to the stupid 10 second delay.

GOH needs a Fixed cast,fixed delay or a COMPLETE reduction by gears,not only the ATK %.

AS needs a nerf on PVM maybe? But how they gonna do this?

CC Ok,as a sura player i agree,CC is just OP.

CS ... well,i dont have problems with this one.... i still think DB is more OP than this,actually DB is more OP than AS on pvm... u just need more gears and Strings.

but well,its useless to ask for balance since gravity dont know what is this magic word.

#65 EscanorLion

EscanorLion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

I am just wondering why someone just wants to nerf AS ranger?  You need it to +9 AHB to get the 30% bonus, which can cost some. And, even with +9 AHB, not all AS rangers can one-shot all bio4 mobs. 

AS Rangers has relatively low defense and hence should have relatively high offense as a "compensation". Even more, gene's acid bomb can deal similar damage to AS but can hit with 100% chance. The +30% effect (or even +30000% is fine) is useless when you CANNOT hit.

Edited by EscanorLion, 02 July 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#66 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

I am just wondering why someone just wants to nerf AS ranger?  You need it to +9 AHB to get the 30% bonus, which can cost some. And, even with +9 AHB, not all AS rangers can one-shot all bio4 mobs. 

AS Rangers has relatively low defense and hence should have relatively high offense as a "compensation". Even more, gene's acid bomb can deal similar damage to AS but can hit with 100% chance. The +30% effect (or even +30000% is fine) is useless when you CANNOT hit.

yeah lol.

Acid bomb is more OP ._.,this **** need a nerf since only gene's MVP nowadays.

AS dont need a nerf,No limits need(autumn too)

well,ranger has low HP,so,in my opinion... OP Damage in a paper class is fair.

Edited by Hissis, 02 July 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#67 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

AB is single target so it can't be compared to AS. Needs a nerf against MVPs though. Asura needs a properly scaling cast time. GoH needs an accuracy check and the entirety of the damage needs to be accountable to redux. CC needs to resolve correctly against DEF, not stack elements, and the Remodel portion of the formula needs to be scaled back.

People got on just fine before No Limits was implemented. Are you guys really saying that if you can't 1-shot things you can't solo? Maybe you should think about reevaluating your skills as players. One's ability isn't determined by their damage.

#68 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:54 PM

AB is single target so it can't be compared to AS. Needs a nerf against MVPs though. Asura needs a properly scaling cast time. GoH needs an accuracy check and the entirety of the damage needs to be accountable to redux. CC needs to resolve correctly against DEF, not stack elements, and the Remodel portion of the formula needs to be scaled back.

People got on just fine before No Limits was implemented. Are you guys really saying that if you can't 1-shot things you can't solo? Maybe you should think about reevaluating your skills as players. One's ability isn't determined by their damage.

AB can be compared. But CC is actually the bigger offender of the two skills.

This has next to nothing to do with no limits, but the simple facts are:

• AHB acts as a damage booster that makes Rangers attractive for parties
  • People want to scale down the amount of damage a Ranger can achieve for AS by removing such a hat
  • Rangers are killers, making them worse at this feat makes them useless; so far all I see as an argument for scaling this damage down is that other classes can't compete (with Almr's comment excluded from this, they want a rebalance)
  • kRO may have hats, I can't say I knew it but I doubt that we will have access to these hats any time soon unless the team checks into them and implements them at the same time they possibly change the AHB

My entire early contribution to this thread was simple, I wanted a yes or no answer to "Will this headgear change?" Why? Because I don't want to invest carding something that will be thrown out if it becomes useless to me.

The rest of this thread scaled because people are crying that Rangers do damage... when it's their ONLY ROLE xD

P. S. changing elements with traps does not fit the current meta for parties

Edited by Nirvanna21, 02 July 2015 - 05:55 PM.

#69 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

The point is that Rangers deal too much damage over too large an area with few drawbacks. Not that they deal damage at all.

I agree with CC needing attention. A lot of skills that function similarly need attention to reduce their viability for 1-shot spam and total reliance on them over the rest of each class' kit.

AB is single target, again, it can only be compared to other single target skills. AB vs Warging is a better measure of usefulness and damage.

#70 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

The point is that Rangers deal too much damage over too large an area with few drawbacks. Not that they deal damage at all.

I agree with CC needing attention. A lot of skills that function similarly need attention to reduce their viability for 1-shot spam and total reliance on them over the rest of each class' kit.

AB is single target, again, it can only be compared to other single target skills. AB vs Warging is a better measure of usefulness and damage.

Yes, but again, apart from WoE or leveling, dealing damage over too large an area isn't a very useful thing to have. MVP-ing or hunting stuff at bio3 is mostly single target kill now. You can't possible hope to AS a bunch of Bio3 mobs, camo-ed and expect to still survive after that.

To be honest, I'd rather Arrow Storm have a 7x7 AoE but spammable like CC. I'll be perfectly fine with that too.

#71 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:21 PM

Yes, but again, apart from WoE or leveling, dealing damage over too large an area isn't a very useful thing to have. MVP-ing or hunting stuff at bio3 is mostly single target kill now. You can't possible hope to AS a bunch of Bio3 mobs, camo-ed and expect to still survive after that.

To be honest, I'd rather Arrow Storm have a 7x7 AoE but spammable like CC. I'll be perfectly fine with that too.

And in that case why aren't you just autoing them down, keeping them locked or trapped or pushed? If AS is unsafe then don't AS. The game shouldn't need to cater to your desire to kill everything you can see with a single click. That's just a cop out.

#72 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:24 PM

And in that case why aren't you just autoing them down, keeping them locked or trapped or pushed? If AS is unsafe then don't AS. The game shouldn't need to cater to your desire to kill everything you can see with a single click. That's just a cop out.

Hence AS is NOT useful in every pvm condition, which means AS is not so OP as u presume.

Edited by neko1231, 02 July 2015 - 06:25 PM.

#73 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

Hitlocking is also being targetted to not work. Apparently people want Rangers to be reduced back to the good old days before even Sniper, when they were naught but novelty.

And if you want to change AS to work like CC then go ahead @_@, I would love that.

And it doesn't cater to kill everthing with a single click, but understand this much at least. AS has a cool down. CC does not. If AS doesn't kill you are in deep -_-. You can't AS/camo in Bio3 because of Eremes.

And there are many other cases where AS/camo doesn't work.

Rangers are not tanks guys. We do lots of damage, if you want us to be put with the rest then give us some support skills that are just too hard to pass on <3

#74 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

Hence AS is useful in all pvm condition, which means AS is not so OP as u presume.

But with this hat and what we currently have available, it is. Intern's statement was a hypothetical "if they can't be 1-shot".

Without this hat being available it may end up being the case, and at such a time Rangers will need to learn how to actually play the game instead of rolling their face across their keyboard and watching the screen explode.

Maybe, just maybe, they should be playing their Rangers a little less aggressively given their status as glass cannons, instead of relying on raw power and complaining when it doesn't see them through.

Hitlocking is also being targetted to not work. Apparently people want Rangers to be reduced back to the good old days before even Sniper, when they were naught but novelty.

And if you want to change AS to work like CC then go ahead @_@, I would love that.

And it doesn't cater to kill everthing with a single click, but understand this much at least. AS has a cool down. CC does not. If AS doesn't kill you are in deep  -_-. You can't AS/camo in Bio3 because of Eremes.

And there are many other cases where AS/camo doesn't work.

Rangers are not tanks guys. We do lots of damage, if you want us to be put with the rest then give us some support skills that are just too hard to pass on <3

Archers have always been the easiest to level of all classes. Been that way since ever.

If you feel like you're in danger from Eremes then play less aggro and learn to gear swap. Smack demons away with Repel and trap their approach before you back off. Use a Smokie accessory so you can evade targeted skill casts. Don't run around like a chicken with your head cut off? Think outside the box.

I think it's absolutely amazing :kappa: that people can level efficiently in Bio3 on Classic with things like SinXs, Mastersmiths, LKs, Snipers and TKMs, none of which have access to gigantic AoEs. It's mind boggling how much better they are at the game than your typical Renewal player @_@

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 02 July 2015 - 06:38 PM.

#75 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

cant agree more
some people ask to reduce rangers damage to the level as those tankable classes, ignoring the fact that rangers sacrificed their def for damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users