New player needs help with knight - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New player needs help with knight

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Koruruu

Koruruu

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:26 PM

I began playing last week and have been using various guides/dbs to fumble my way through but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.  I'm leveling my knight with my brothers priest.  We've had smooth sailing till around level 88(Mob 5+ Monsters, Bowling Bash them, Rinse, Repeat).  I'm currently 89 but anything that gives the kind of exp% we were getting previously can kick my ass. I simply cannot mob + kill them with Bowling Bash effectively - I either don't do enough damage to leech back my SP with earth deleter or don't have enough HIT to hit them.

My unbuffed stats are 

Str 70+10

Agi 26+3

Vit 82+11

Int 1

Dex 50+7

Luk 1 + 4

Atk 115+185

Def 96+202

MDef 53+0

Hit 322

Flee 219+1

ASPD 159

Critical 10

My gear is

+4 Sedora Hat

Robo Eye

Angry Snarl

+4 Full Plate Soul Collector's

+4 Immune Shield

+4 Immune Heroic Backpack

Eden Group Boots IV

Clip of Counter x2 (For lack of anything else that I had to put there)

Eden Group Sword III

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

My guess is you're running into gutter lines.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Bowling_Bash

Your immune shield is kinda useless at this point without a higher upgrade. Opt for something with racial reduction instead. Your HBP would be a lot better if upgraded to +7 or +9 too for more enutral reduction.

Weapon is usually the most important but can be costly. Also remember to note what element you are using and try to take advantage of monster elemental weaknesses.

AOE leveling is kind of tough in general for the higher levels (80+) like you are in now.

#3 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:49 AM

pretty much this^

to be honest, i am also struggling to find a decent leveling spot after 85+ outside of lowti. If you want a fast leveling, you can go to low ti with your bro priest. Just make a chat room that say : NP>85+ Priest+Knight. Just make sure that when priest get invited, so do you.
Outside of ti, turtle dungeon seem okay but that place seem to be quite brutal for undergear player. Another option will be one map east of rachel. that place give good exp but the map is too large and the spawn rate is kinda low for a map with that size.

btw this is the leveling area that i usually use.

Small note: Some of this place is quite brutal if you dont have the gear to support yourself. This place give really good amount of exp/h, but their drops are not really that worthy. I suggest you to opt for another leveling area if you are really new to the game.

1-10 : spore
10-20+: Payon cave 1
20-30: Ant hell 2.
30-50: Orc village
50-70: payon cave 3
70-85: Ground petite map
85+:: random spot :U

For new player:
1-8~: South Prontera. Stay here until you can kill rocker on 1 map on the east of this map..

8-13~ : Rocker. Stay here until you can kill spore in one map east of payon.Collect loots to make your first 2000z to use kafra to payon. Remember to do the first eden equip quest by level 12.

13-20++: Spore map. While leveling, take the BountyBoard, for spore and boa. Collect all strawberry that you can find. You can sell those straw for something like 1600~2200z, depend on the market. Try to turn in your BB for spore and boa before you hit level 20 so that you can get it again. You still can turn in the BB even after lvl21+.

20~40 i am not so sure about this range. Normally, i will choose to stay in payon cave 1, as they have good exp/h (plus BB). Take care when you see someone coming with bat. Those bat can change target easily and they can do pretty decent damage to you :v .Remember to do your eden equip 2 quest by level 26.

41~60++ remember to take your eden equip quest 3 at level 40 or 51. Level 40 version will require you to hunt in the orc village while the level 51 will require you to hunt in orc dungeon. In a way, level 51 version is easier since you can run into nearest gene when you need a protection. OrcDun is infested with gene leveling their homun. If you choose to do the level 40, walk slowly and bring flywing with you. As for leveling spot, try to hunt 2map east of comodo. You can go to comodo by using kafra from prontera>morroc>comodo. That map give you good exp/h and loots. You can collect the Aloe  to sell it to other player, or just keep it for yourself for healing. 

60~70. Do the eden equip quest 4 at level 60. And you can continue to level in that map (where you do the 60 quest :v).
70~100 you can choose to level in GrampTi, or continue with traditional grinding by this point.

>if you choose outside of ti leveling,
70~80, You can level in Glastheim church after you complete the eden equip quest. Wraith drop Fabric at decent rate. You can sell it to other player at 2000z each. take care of mimic. That thing really hurt :v
80~99 go to yuno or juno. there is a npc in prontera which can warp you directly to juno (not sure if they offer the same service to nonvip :T). Hunt harpy for zeny and exp. They also have a bounty board which speed up your leveling. Btw, harpy can drop feather and claw at decent rate. You can sell it for nice amount of zeny to npc. If harpy is too hard for you, you can go hunt goat and grand peco instead.

with this place, under bmx3+vip, i can reach level 50 in 30mins, 50-70 take another 30min (even without bmx3), 1hour+ for 70-85 (due to the bots that infesting that area and slow down exp/h). You will need aoe skill to pull this off.

and btw another thing: you get your cheap healing items by slotting 2 sea otter card in the acc slots. As for acc options, cat hand glove or silversmith bracelet is a better option than clip since they give you nice amount of overall stats, and all of them are almost the same price.
use silversmith bracelet if you dont mind the level req, or cat hand glove if you want to use it starting from level 1.
it is handy since you can use it to level your other characters later on.
and just in case you dont know : you can buy fresh fish in alberta.

edit: dang.. confused a lil`bit between ground petite and earth deleter. =3=

Edited by 3452140212150117003, 24 July 2015 - 10:18 PM.

#4 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

Try Geffen BB Dark priests. High spawn rate on them, will easily see you to 99.

#5 Koruruu

Koruruu

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

Thank you for all the replies.  Sorry I took so long to respond.  I think the major thing I am struggling with is that I don't know how to kill stuff fast and efficient without Bowling Bashing mobs.  My attack speed is so slow I can't really auto them down and earth deleter is preventing me from regening SP naturally but even if it didn't my regen is horrible anyway.  My previous knight was an Agi build so I just kind of zerged things down but he was remade to play with my bro's priest figuring the vit would give me some buffer to collect groups and aoe them down.

Where/what is geffen BB dark priest?

Edited by Koruruu, 04 July 2015 - 11:11 AM.

#6 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

BB is Bounty Board. I'd rather not use the term tho, it's already used by Bowling Bash.

I'm gonna recommend you Harpy/Sleeper/the whole Juno Bounty Board. You need to collect Grand Peco with Provoke tho, while you only need one Provoked Goat to gather the other Goats (they have 'Assist' behaviour).

#7 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

^ juno bounty boards are enough to get you from 70-99, and they're a lot easier than dark priests. you don't even have to bother with goats/sleepers/grand pecos, i hit 99 solely on harpy turn ins

Edited by hotel, 04 July 2015 - 01:57 PM.

#8 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

Eden Merit Badge is quite profitable, so why not pick it up while you're at it ^^

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:59 AM

bowling bash is nasty. spamming harpies board is ideal since they're literally right outside juno. of course there are a horde of bots too but w/e

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

The VIT build is definitely better than the AGI build, so you made the right choice. The AGI build was ok for Knight for newer players with les funds, but the VIT build is vastly superior and will help you transition to a good Rune Knight build better.

More tips would be to try to mob a LOT, since more mobs = more SP with Earth Deleter. Your priest friend might have to use more heals with this. Also carry some potions so that for really big mobs, you can still keep yourself alive in emergencies and don't have to rely 100% on the priest. Heal has a cooldown too and cant' be spammed continuously.

Get spear dynamo if you haven't already. The typical recommendations for the gutter lines is to use spear dynamo (level 1 of course), move diagonally, and try to BB again. Spear Dynamo can be spammed unlike Endure.

And yeah like other people said, it should be very easy for you to get into TI parties because every TI party always wants priests. Just make sure they invite both of you.

#11 Koruruu

Koruruu

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

Is sub 1% exp/kill normal then?  Harpies don't give much between us and neither do the rest of the juno board.  We've tried to two man TI's.  Didn't work out so well, may give that partying a try. As for spear dynamo is that not advance/trans class?  How would my knight get it? Thanks for all the replies the forum is a pretty nice place.  

#12 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

Oops, I read your previous statement as that your pre-trans knight as AGI where you said "previous". Ignore the spear dynamo thing for now then. You can still use Endure in place of it; you just can't spam it.

I see that Rachel is being spotlighted right now. You could maybe try Roweens (use Earth endow).

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

you should be aoeing them down whenever possible, killing them 1 on 1 is not efficient, especially if you are partying with someone else. harpies should be fantastic exp for you especially with support. the exp is really coming from the bounty boards, not necessarily from the monster itself. Rachel also does not have any bounty boards.

#14 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:55 PM

yes, receiving sub 1% exp per kill is normal once you get to 90+. that's why the best option at that point is to mob as many as you can, rather than killing them one by one.

#15 Koruruu

Koruruu

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

I'd like to thank everyone for their advice.  After playing around with some alts me and my bro got back to leveling.  We decided to switch who was knight and priest so I'm the priest now and he's the knight.  He's always wanted an RK so it was a bit weird that I was the one making one anyway.  Anyhow following advice in this thread we spammed Juno bounty boards till 98.  We were abit tired of mobbing harpies so I specced my priest ME and destroyed GH - Dark Priests.  We just started high swordsman/acolyte now.

I still have questions about where to level for classes that don't really have a bowling bash, specifically assassin but soon monk and/or rogue.  Should I post that elsewhere?

#16 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:55 AM

I still maintain that up to 99 dark priests are better than harpies.

The map isn't that big and there is 150 on it, you get the BB (which has one of the highest sub 100 EXP rates) plus 91-99 eden quest. 150 in 30 minutes was very easy on my Sin / Sin X just single targeting them down.

#17 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:07 AM

the problem with dark priests is the location of the bounty board vs. the map the monster is on. even if you save in Geffen and had a gh warp available you still need to run through another map to get to dark priests. the map is also much larger.

for harpies you literally go out the exit of juno and you are on a half-size map chock full of harpies (and bots). I've seen a BB LK complete the board in 5 minutes.

the 91-99 eden quest is also a 3 hr cooldown, although only 30 kills for the amount of exp you get rewarded is excellent. and if you're in Geffen/GH anyway, keep in mind that injustice, rybio, and deviruchis are also part of the 91-99 quest set.

to the OP, for classes that don't have real AoE like sin, monk, rogue you are going to be single targeting for the most part. rogues have sightless mind and I've seen some leveling on the harpy map so that's a viable option.

soloing sin and monk will be a little rougher. sin doesn't really have any aoe outside of grimtooth (and that won't work well vs detectors), but an agi monk build can at least chain combos pretty well.

most people would just take those chars to low TI to get their levels that way. sins can get the morrigane set + two fortune swords and be excellent pullers there, while monks can use mental strength to tank large sets of mobs for their party to kill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users