Banning for no reason - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Banning for no reason

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:GAY

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

So let me explain what happened. I've heard from friends that sometimes their accounts get banned for no reason. Its really weird.

AT server time 5/7 1750 i just woke up from sleep and tried to log into my destroyer (for those who still do not know me, i'm requim111) and i was told that i was ban by the message on the login screen. I was offline since 5/7 0800 (heading to bed at that time).

So apparently 2 guildies spotted that my destroyer was online at around 5/7 1300 (i was still asleep by then) and even greeted 'me' (whoever that hacker was) but i didnt reply. No one knows what happened after that, but it seems like i was banned during the period i was still asleep. 

Can anyone help me with this? Players who saw me online around that time (5.5 hours ago)/ gm/ vm? 

#2 MongoMoves

MongoMoves

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:41 PM

They always do that.. The problem is they reacted so slow when you submitted a ticket and good thing that you posted this on forum. Requim111 is a kind player and I doubt that he violated any rules or policies of the game early this morning. I hope that someone from customer admin support will immediately help you just like what they did to me. I also hope that support team who is responsible in banning player for no reason will have a disciplinary action because this is not the first time it happened. 

#3 fozalicious

fozalicious

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh City, VietNam
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

Btw... I used to get banned for a quite stupid reason: I used bold text in-game and a player asked me how to do it, cuz I was busy at that momment so I didnt reply, as a result, that guy report me and I got banned, I didnt even get a warning message about if bold or underlined text in-game were illegal. :p_swt: At first when I logged in, I found that my acc got banned, I was very confused, I didnt used multi-client at that period, then I submited a ticket. After recieved the mail from Support Team, all I could do was juz laugh(Not the happy laugh) abt the reason why my acc got banned :p_sleep: And I also asked 'em if bold and underlined text in-game were illegal or not, till now, I still not recieve any answer from ST, I really disappointed about there work since that time, and recently, I reported a scammer and it took 'em nearly 2 weeks to ban that player :p_sleep: And I still not recieve any reply of this too :p_swt:

Well... I juz hope they will improve their work in future :p_swt:

#4 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

i didnt even spam the trade with weird stuff lol. i'm thinking it was a possible hack since my character login when my comp was shut down. and that guy tried something that got me banned

#5 fozalicious

fozalicious

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh City, VietNam

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

i didnt even spam the trade with weird stuff lol. i'm thinking it was a possible hack since my character login when my comp was shut down. and that guy tried something that got me banned

Did you submit ticket ask why u got banned?

#6 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

yup already did. waiting for response since its still sunday night over there

#7 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:30 PM

Bump for attention

#8 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:41 PM

I'm not asking you to answer here, but please try to remember when you could have told anyone about your account name / password / personnal info, who had access to your computer except you, if you ever downloaded a background theme or an executable which effects you aren't exactly sure of, if you received a mail which content wasn't clear...

At the very least, no one ever told me anything negative about you. It's kind of the opposite actually.

Edited by Homurasan, 05 July 2015 - 11:42 PM.

#9 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

the first part shouldnt be the problem since I'm the only one who knows my pw and downloading wise, apart from vlc player there wasnt anything that i downloaded which are executable

#10 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:00 AM

I just hope this has nothing to do with this issue:

http://forums.warppo...pets/?p=2205364

hmm, I wonder where Poppie went and why he didn't respond to this yet... :p_conf:

He normally is quite fast in answering such things. Sometimes though he does write people a pm in such cases (happened in one case I got an issue myself). Maybe you should check. :p_smile:

Or maybe should pm him to let him know. Cause he asked in the other thread I linked to tell him anything "strange" happening. I would guess this does count as strange.

Sadly I believe nobody on the forums is able to help you out with this kind of issue, not even Poppie.

You did the best you could do already by writing a support ticket.  :p_smile:

#11 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:03 AM

He pmed me

#12 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

Oh that's good to hear.  :p_smile:

I keep fingers crossed for you that you neither got hacked nor got hit by the strange database "behavior".

I hope all will be fine. 

Strangely I do believe your "story". Don't get me wrong, I'm serious. Normally I have a hard time to do so cause people that get banned and write a forum post about this all are like "OMG I got banned. Why????! I didn't do anything wrong!!!! I want my account back asap!!!"

You know.....that kind of......people. 

You are very calm and more ......like.........curious......so yup, I do believe you.  :p_smile:

Something weird has happened here, no doubt. I hope for you that all can be solved.

I keep fingers crossed.  :p_smile:

#13 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:04 AM

Tyvm and I do hope so. Lets wait for the final verdict

#14 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:35 AM

Only advice I can give is to ask a forum GM/CM if it's okay to send a ticket number to them for any information. Tickets often have varying lengths of wait-time depending on the issue.

#15 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:06 AM

Curious pt can pm me but not obliged to reply.
-Cased closed-

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

Curious pt can pm me but not obliged to reply.
-Cased closed-

What do you mean?

#17 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

My ticket was replied. Doesn't seem like something I had done though, so I send in another ticket to ask for time in which my ban-worthy actions were made. Just to make sure that I wasn't hack. Its a 48 hour suspension on my side which I dont mind.

#18 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

The new ticket I sent got replied. Saying that I was banned on sunday 5pm server time.

1. Pretty sure no one in office on sunday (must be the work of gms that are online)
(Also means it should be an insta ban when the ban-worthy action occurred bcoz why would gm wait for almost 10 hours later to ban me if they saw it 10 hours ago)

2. 5pm server time is 8am. I woke up at 5:50pm server time on that day. And no one else knows my pw.
Possible hacking if not gm sabotage (just a possibility that we should not rule out)

#19 MongoMoves

MongoMoves

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

:heh:  Possible a mistake from their end. Did they already inform what's the reason why the account has been banned?

#20 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:46 PM

reason was the use of foul language (when i was alseep with my comp offed) WOW! and new thread up regarding ban again

#21 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:45 AM

reason was the use of foul language (when i was alseep with my comp offed) WOW! and new thread up regarding ban again

It must have been something quite excessive for them to ban "you" immediately. I see foul language in the chat every day without any WP action being taken.

#22 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

The ticket also said there were repeated warnings but I didn't receive any up to the point when I went to sleep and closed the game.

#23 Arvz69

Arvz69

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:16 AM

My friend got banned too, for "afking" in odelia :heh:  they even changed the ign of my friend.

Why they can't ban those people who scams? ( Providing Screen shots of the incident )

People who buys Dota2 items in game even sending links to his steam wallet?  :yawn:

People who are abusing trade chat by using different languages, like they are in a chat room talking non sense and even cursing.  :yawn:

Edited by Arvz69, 10 July 2015 - 07:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users