Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:02 AM

Hi,

Just getting into the stride of leveling my biochemist at the moment.

I've read that for AB a red Sieger is one of the better choices? But given it's elemental will that cause issue when leveling, especially against fire mobs?

I suppose the question is does Cart Revolution (Until I change) / Cart Cannon transfer the element of the weapon over? 

#2 jochy

jochy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:47 AM

Cart cannon take the elemental from the equipped weapon and then applies the element of the equipped cannon ball. In general, RTE (Red Twin Edge) is the best. Dunno why a lot ppl wondering about the fire element, bcoz against fire... you know... try with the blue version :)

btw other good alternative against water/shadow/holy are aspercio, elemental converters (mild wild proc from some zodiac's hats are better, but i don't know how it work),erde,hurricane fury, mjolnir (best against water  :heh: ), byeollongum (against mvp)

#3 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:02 AM

Elemetal weapon + holy cannon ball = holy attack

Elemetal weapon + dark cannon ball = dark attack

Elemetal weapon + iron cannon ball = pseudo elemental attack of the weapon

When I have to kill fire creatures using RTE (or anything with pyroclastic) I just use holy/dark balls.

Your next best option from RTE for non-elemental is +9~12 Erde Ea9~10 2x AS

Edited by Havenn, 06 July 2015 - 07:03 AM.

#4 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

Ah so the cannon ball over rides it?

That helps thanks!

#5 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:02 AM

and AB is neutral, no matter what element your weapon is.

#6 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

Easy choice then, thanks all :)

#7 jochy

jochy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

Ah so the cannon ball over rides it?

That helps thanks!

Cart cannon take the elemental from the equipped weapon and then applies the element of the equipped cannon ball. In general, RTE (Red Twin Edge) is the best. Dunno why a lot ppl wondering about the fire element, bcoz against fire... you know... try with the blue version :)

btw other good alternative against water/shadow/holy are aspercio, elemental converters (mild wild proc from some zodiac's hats are better, but i don't know how it work),erde,hurricane fury, mjolnir (best against water  :heh: ), byeollongum (against mvp)

ok... think about this..

Agains't holy enemy you want to have curse water+dark cannon ball

Agains't shadow enemy you want to have aspercio+holy cannon ball

Etc...

#8 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

ok... think about this..

Agains't holy enemy you want to have curse water+dark cannon ball

Agains't shadow enemy you want to have aspercio+holy cannon ball

Etc...

I don't know if CC uses the same exploit from Arm Cannon which calculates the element twice, so Aspersio+Holy Ball or Cursed+Dark go for double the weakness.

As for the weapon, I am super biased for Erdes. I used a +9 Spell4/EA5 [2x AS] Erde for leveling and it was amazing with Insta-Cast gears. When your DEX is high enough, you can change to a full EA Erde and start dealing more damage. Also, those Erdes will help with weapon Breakage and MVP'ing later on.

The same applies to Red Square Bag, which is only a bit rarer, but is essentially the same as an Erde, though it has some bonuses.

RTE is nice I guess...never used mine. Sold it and made more Erdes. Never regreted it. 

So, yeah... #ErdeMasterRace  :chomok01: or #RedSquareBagOP

Edited by Akupuff, 06 July 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#9 jochy

jochy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

I don't know if CC uses the same exploit from Arm Cannon which calculates the element twice, so Aspersio+Holy Ball or Cursed+Dark go for double the weakness.

As for the weapon, I am super biased for Erdes. I used a +9 Spell4/EA5 [2x AS] Erde for leveling and it was amazing with Insta-Cast gears. When your DEX is high enough, you can change to a full EA Erde and start dealing more damage. Also, those Erdes will help with weapon Breakage and MVP'ing later on.

The same applies to Red Square Bag, which is only a bit rarer, but is essentially the same as an Erde, though it has some bonuses.

RTE is nice I guess...never used mine. Sold it and made more Erdes. Never regreted it. 

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Cart_Cannon

uhm... i doble check the iro wiki, ok x.x

Edited by jochy, 06 July 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

CC doesn't work the same as Arm Cannon. You just need to use the holy/dark/ghost ball and that will already calculate the element twice. Aspersio / Cursed Water will do nothing on top of that.

I also recommend using a spell Erde for leveling over the RTE, for anyone who doesn't have access to a mjolnir.

#11 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

What's the reason for going for Erde over RTE?

Does it actively boost CC?

#12 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

You can add spell enchants to it for faster CC, but damage won't be as high as RTE. Though typically, it's better to have faster cast, unless your slower cast 1 shots

#13 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:34 AM

Interesting, that does make sense. What  is the enchant?

I suppose only experience can dictate if things can be one shotted while solo'ing. I'm guessing you think not given your preference for the Erde?

#14 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

Don't underestimate the mighty Erde. While you can enchant it with Spell enchants for faster casting, you can also opt for Expert Archer enchants, which can make the damage super nice >:3

Here's on enchants: http://irowiki.org/w...langdo_Enchants

Use the weapon you feel the most comfortable with  :p_smile: If your full damage can't still 1-shot mobs, opt for faster casting. If with some tweaks you can 1-shot mobs, then opt for power.

#15 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:17 AM

I totally get what you're saying, the problem with that logic is, I'd need to buy both and experiment. That definitely isn't going to happen unless I get an MVP card or something haha!

#16 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:29 AM

Erdes are really cheap and cheap to enchant. Also, being level 3 weapon, it's easier to upgrade. :3 My first nice Erde cost me like 30m. RTE is a bit more expensive, but +9 x3 AS RTE costs around 150m. It's only a couple of days of farming.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do! X3

#17 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:39 AM

Alternatively if you looking for sustainability over damage/dps you could get a thanatos mace[1] carded with a hunterfly card. It will provide you with a decent amount of HP/SP leeching and has decently high attack.

#18 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

I have not tried this mace, but thats a really good idea. Even on my 175 gene, I sometimes use +12 EA10 [2x Hunterfly] Erde for faceworm (literally never use pots during the run)

#19 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

I've actually got a clean Erde in storage, can't remember where it dropped. I have bad memories trying to get a weapon from +7 to +9 though, and enchanting is totally new to me..

#20 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

I've actually got a clean Erde in storage, can't remember where it dropped. I have bad memories trying to get a weapon from +7 to +9 though, and enchanting is totally new to me..

Just buy a +9 Erde from vendor 50m.But if u just want a leveling weapon, RTE is better.

#21 Euxaes

Euxaes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:16 AM

I tried the malangdo enchants today with my 2 Erde and 2 RSB. I ended up with the following:
total EA6: 1 Erde, 1 RSB
EA9: 1 RSB
The other erde got (agi+5 total)

I am inclined to put 2x AS cards on the EA9 RSB as an alternative weapon to my red twin edge however my guildmate said he'd choose Erde over RSB even if it's only EA6. What do you guys think? Where should I put those AS cards?

Does the quoted post imply that RSB is better than Erde?

Thanks in advance.

#22 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:23 AM

Lol your guildy isn't too smart. Even on an RK, the 50 sp from the erde wouldn't be enough to overcome the 6% ranged difference. EA9 RSB is a pretty good weapon. If you're using for MVP exclusively, use AK cards, if leveling AS cards. EA6 Erde is worthless.

The added bonus to the RSB is that potions drop from it, which is cool.

The added bonus from Erde is 50 sp and increased Healing skill (sura,ab) and Potion Pitcher (biochem) skill. 

Edited by Havenn, 23 July 2015 - 04:30 AM.

#23 tshin23

tshin23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:29 AM

Only difference between an Erde to RSB, on a Geneticist, would be 10% potion thing. Other than that, for damage, it's the same thing (and if you Geneticist is gay, I'm pretty sure he'll like RSB more - jk). EA 9 -> 18% ranged while EA 6 -> 12%. 6% is a lot, even for RK (what Jordyyyboyyy said).

#24 Euxaes

Euxaes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

Thank you for the replies, I'll probably card in 2 AKs instead of AS and just stick with my RTE for leveling. Will re-do those EA6 once I have the budget.

#25 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

Thank you for the replies, I'll probably card in 2 AKs instead of AS and just stick with my RTE for leveling. Will re-do those EA6 once I have the budget.

better idea

sell the EA6 and buy a higher EA. It would probably cost less then trying to enchant it yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users