combo of deviling GTB and amon ra - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

combo of deviling GTB and amon ra

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

will that be very good against boss or anything else? Does GTB prevent to receive magic damage from spell too?

#2 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

GTB+Amon Ra don't mix well. GTB will not allow Kyrie to apply, but it will still cast and give the after-cast delay, but no effect. You can work around this by swapping shields to another for the kyrie cast, then back to GTB, but it's not really that great.

Amon ra is nice on a sura tank, I like it most of AB tank (because I alt+tab the AB and am not always there to keep kyrie up). 

Edit: But GTB+DR work very nicely, since GTB does block all magic damage. Keep in mind GTB won't protect you from Elemental Attacks, so it's important to use the right armor if you're facing something with strong ele attacks. 

Edited by Havenn, 06 July 2015 - 05:33 AM.

#3 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:59 AM

GTB+Amon Ra don't mix well. GTB will not allow Kyrie to apply, but it will still cast and give the after-cast delay, but no effect. You can work around this by swapping shields to another for the kyrie cast, then back to GTB, but it's not really that great.

Amon ra is nice on a sura tank, I like it most of AB tank (because I alt+tab the AB and am not always there to keep kyrie up). 

Edit: But GTB+DR work very nicely, since GTB does block all magic damage. Keep in mind GTB won't protect you from Elemental Attacks, so it's important to use the right armor if you're facing something with strong ele attacks. 

oh i see. thanks

#4 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:39 AM

how about ghostring card?

#5 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:40 AM

GR is kinda lame, it only helps vs neutral skill attacks. DR reduces all neutral attacks (physical melee and skill)

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:43 AM

GR is really only useful vs. EQ, but if you have GTB doesn't that eliminate the need for it?

#7 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

Pretty much. Does GR reduce hells judgement? I think so, but could be wrong. Though really, not very worth it since to defend HJ I use Alice shield+DR and it is but a scratch

Edited by Havenn, 06 July 2015 - 07:11 AM.

#8 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

angeling,bryn or some heavy comodo carded armor would go great with a GTB+DR and if ur super rich of course u prob have a gloom or ktullanux.

Edited by stoenr, 06 July 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:52 AM

GR reduces every skill based attack of neutral element, for autos its completely useless, but nice against skills. Its also teh only thing that can reduce EQ damage, since it ignores any type of reduction from cards/gears, but can't ignore target element.

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

GTB will not allow Kyrie to apply, but it will still cast and give the after-cast delay, but no effect.

I've always wondered why this happens. Kyrie Eleison, along with Gloria and Magnificat fall into a subclass of support skills called Eulogy skills, yet only Gloria and Magnificat work around GTB. Thinking logically shouldn't KE also work against GTB? I think it should....Whatever, the world works in unpredictable ways for us RO gamers.

Edited by Marty5337, 07 July 2015 - 02:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users