9 replies to this topic

#1 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

Posted Image

As the title/subtitle says, if I click on 'Guarnien's Lecture' (The retarded merchant training course, at least compared the the thief one), my client crashes. Doesn't say anything 'cept that yggexe.exe crashed.

Did it a couple times to make sure that it was opening the quest thing that broke it... If I get another quest, I'll see if it's just quests in general that crash me, and I'll reinstall my client. When I get another quest, I'll check to see if it's just opening quests that kill me, and I'll reinstall my client to see if that fixes it. (Just as a general fix)

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:19 PM

Sounds like the questlog entry is missing on the client.

#3 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

So, most likely clientside? The odd thing is that it worked prior to the weekend, before I took a break leveling merch.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

Wait, so that exact quest worked before? Were you on the same step in the quest?

#5 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Yessums. Same step, because I didn't feel like getting Pushcart 4 yet. Took a weekend break, came back, checked quest, and crashed. Only person who used our computer was my boyfriend's little brother, but he doesn't do anything but level his characters on RO.

EDIT// Oh, I also went onto another character, and all the quest details on her open up fine.

Edited by Evionne, 23 November 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:31 AM

This may be a problem with your client in particular, or with that quest - do you have any other systems with RO on it that you can log into to test this, to verify that it's not just on your system? (I don't particularly relish the thought of doing the merchant training quest. Maybe i could free-reset one of my old merchants... that's such a horrible skill build that it pushes on you! You can't max anything with that, and after maxing the essentials, you're left with half-finished skills that you can't complete, even if you go j50)

Edited by DrAzzy, 24 November 2010 - 08:48 AM.

#7 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:44 PM

I can ask a friend who plans on making multiple merchants if he crashes with it. It may take a while for him to get far enough. I'll post back when I hear from him. -_-

#8 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

I talked to him after maintenance, and he just opted to sign into my merchant from his computer.

"yes as you confirmed it crashes when i click on quest details for that quest but I recall finishing that quest on this char so i supposed your job level is high enough and you have enough points in things you can just talk to him without looking at the details and you should be able to complete the quest or you can try talking to the quest remover and then re-add those quests back in"

I might try it, though doesn't that just do old event quests?

EDIT// Tried it anyway, and tested the crash on a third system. Yep, still crashed.

Edited by Evionne, 25 November 2010 - 03:55 PM.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

Okay, so theres a missing clientside alt+u entry, as I originally thought. Documented as such in renewal bugs thread.

#10 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

Alrighty, thanks Azzy. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users