6 replies to this topic

#1 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

It would be nice if key bindings per character were read from our computer instead of from the server. This way, other people playing your accounts wouldn't have to constantly change keys to match their preferences. It would also reduce load on the server since the key bindings wouldn't have to be read every time someone logs on.

As for complications that may arise from account sharing, it doesn't really change much since people do it anyway, regardless of where the key binds are saved. People who do share accounts do so at their own risk, as with any type of online account sharing. In a game where alternate characters of different classes and levels are a necessity to obtain many things, mainly monster cards and item farming, sharing accounts is the ideal alternative to creating over 20 characters and leveling them up.

This is more of a convenience thing rather than a necessity, but it would be nice if it could be implemented. If security of the key bindings is an issue (perhaps hacking it so that pressing a certain key results in a macro, if that's even possible), please consider making separate bindings per character per different IP. If this ever becomes a memory issue, unused bindings for over 30 days can just be deleted and reset to default.

Oh, and please let us change the screenshot button. I don't want to use the default screenshot button, and I would like to use it for taking a higher quality ss with a different program.

Edited by Yurai, 29 November 2010 - 11:09 AM.

#2 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

So... Include a feature that takes up space on their servers (albeit, a very small small small amount) so OTHER PEOPLE can play on YOUR ACCOUNT. Personally, I like the idea; regardless, it sounds stupid.

The ability to put the SS hotkey on any other key would be nice as well. Though most MMOs like to have a set key (always the print screen key) for whatever reason(well, it DOES makes sense). Perhaps they should just make screen shot button = HOME since that button isn't used for anything in game, and for the most part, anything outside the game.

#3 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

So... Include a feature that takes up space on their servers (albeit, a very small small small amount) so OTHER PEOPLE can play on YOUR ACCOUNT. Personally, I like the idea; regardless, it sounds stupid.

The ability to put the SS hotkey on any other key would be nice as well. Though most MMOs like to have a set key (always the print screen key) for whatever reason(well, it DOES makes sense). Perhaps they should just make screen shot button = HOME since that button isn't used for anything in game, and for the most part, anything outside the game.

Actually, I have my home key set to buff/pot depending on whether I'm in PvP or PvE. Normally, for most people with laptops, the home key is above the page up key, but since I could not figure out why they would separate the home and end key, I switched around my keys so that my home is right above the end key, and therefore convenient to access. Still, I don't see why they need to hardcode the screenshot key so that it's not configurable.

Edited by Yurai, 29 November 2010 - 11:43 AM.

#4 ATG4u

ATG4u

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

... This way, other people playing your accounts wouldn't have to constantly change keys to match their preferences. It would also reduce load on the server since the key bindings wouldn't have to be read every time someone logs on.

As for complications that may arise from account sharing, it doesn't really change much since people do it anyway, regardless of where the key binds are saved. People who do share accounts do so at their own risk, as with any type of online account sharing. In a game where alternate characters of different classes and levels are a necessity to obtain many things, mainly monster cards and item farming, sharing accounts is the ideal alternative to creating over 20 characters and leveling them up.

As I understand it, the terms of service are as follows Article 5 second A paragraph 2:
"Those who have completed these steps and who maintain their Account in good standing are sometimes referred to in this Agreement as "Members." By clicking the "Agree" button you represent that you are a 13 years of age or older. Only one person may use an Account. You are liable for all activities conducted through your Account, and parents or guardians are liable for all activities of their minor child conducted through the Account. "

So my guess is that the Developers are not going to help you violate the Terms of Service.

Also, this post of yours aids in confirming my suspicions that "Yurai" is actually a Chinese gold-farming and forum-posting operation.

#5 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

As I understand it, the terms of service are as follows Article 5 second A paragraph 2:
"Those who have completed these steps and who maintain their Account in good standing are sometimes referred to in this Agreement as "Members." By clicking the "Agree" button you represent that you are a 13 years of age or older. Only one person may use an Account. You are liable for all activities conducted through your Account, and parents or guardians are liable for all activities of their minor child conducted through the Account. "

So my guess is that the Developers are not going to help you violate the Terms of Service.

Also, this post of yours aids in confirming my suspicions that "Yurai" is actually a Chinese gold-farming and forum-posting operation.

Although most Terms of Service say that, they say it more as a warning because there will always be account sharing and it's impossible to tell if someone is sharing an account or not. However, it's a clever clause that prevents people from using the "omg a hacker and/or my bro/sis/friend/etc did this and got me banned but it wasn't me" excuse. You'd be surprised how much time they can save with that! In other words, if your characters participate in something rule breaking - whether it's you or not - you're ****ed six ways from Sunday.

Edited by Tundra, 29 November 2010 - 01:38 PM.

#6 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

This is an idea I can get behind.
The idea of offline storage is already being used for some encrypted data, why not store key bindings as well. A few extra milliseconds to write and encrypt the data per logout on the client-end would help server overhead.

If security of the key bindings is an issue (perhaps hacking it so that pressing a certain key results in a macro, if that's even possible)

Chances are if you wanted to do this you've already done it by means of a 3rd party program. This shouldn't be taken as an issue.

"Those who have completed these steps and who maintain their Account in good standing are sometimes referred to in this Agreement as "Members." By clicking the "Agree" button you represent that you are a 13 years of age or older. Only one person may use an Account. You are liable for all activities conducted through your Account, and parents or guardians are liable for all activities of their minor child conducted through the Account."

It is my belief that a ban on account sharing is more for our benefit than the companies. It's also a nice thing to point at if an ignorant user complains about a friend stealing their items.

#7 Confusion

Confusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Locationtoo dizzy to remember

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

ooo i think it would be fun if we had a mode or item like in smash bros that makes temporary character trade

Posted Image

no alterations of characters during this ofcourse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users