8 replies to this topic

#1 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:59 PM

Requiem is supposed to be " The 1st Horror-MMORPG". Well requiem is more like a Blood and Gore Festival
instead of a Horror Game. In fact the time where blood and gore creates a dark and fearful atmosphere is getting old.

I would like to see a few more cut-scenes and i would like to hear more sounds which create atmosphere.
Sound Volumes, Fog Volume or slow Melodic Volumes can create atmosphere in the game. But the way how you
create this should alter so that you don't create fear and mood with the same elements.

A Good placed tiny Cut-Scene you have already added. For example in Ruins of Lament, when you use the Organ-Key.
It would be also cool if the some of the higher bosses could speak in a scary voice the text they normally
write in chat to create a mood, so RoboGuard could say shortly before it uses the Skill, Electric Shock:
"I should slow down time... to see you suffer longer".

To get a kinda idea of how you can have play around with that check this link ..
sry i know its an FPS Game but the link gets interesting at:
0:00 - 1:30 (Walking toward boss stage)
1:30 - 2:00 (Introduction of Cyberdemon)
3:49 - 4:22 (Death of Boss)
4:22 - end (Outro, Contains a spoiler!))

what would you say to have more visual and sound volumes which a deeper atmosphere of Req.

#2 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:29 AM

Yeah, they need more umph!

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:54 AM

Well, those are nice things.

Bosses should always move more, have random attacks (taunt the boss shouldnt mean that it only can hit the tank or follow it in a mindless way), dont have hours of hp, and be in big places.

Looking the video may me think in some stuffs:

A big boss in a big room, lets said something like FOC. The tank draw 50% of the boss attention but it still do things besides hit the tank. It could have a skill: run a long distance and hit all that is in its path, that way the players need to move all the time and use some strategy. Another one could be: the boss jump and fall over an area.

Following the logic of the skills that show the the message before they launch and the random attacks of the 1st SL boss, the bosses could throw aoes (big fire balls or stuffs like that) to the groups (not matter if is taunted or not): so, when the players see the msg, they must move of that place or burn.

The boss could use stealth, wich free it from the taunt.

The aggro: the boss can attack to other players, not just the tank. When it do that, it try to attack the player that got the aggro, but it dont lose it if someone else deal more dmg or taunt it, but also dont follow it in a mindless way: if the bosse follow the player for x seconds and couldnt hit it, it start to follow another player. In this ways, it could prevent the kite (some kite is ok, but all the raid like that it become in something boring).

All this things to make the players move more, but of course, the bosses shouldnt have so much hp.

#4 RumHoney

RumHoney

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

makes the games better

#5 MorphineLips

MorphineLips

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationSanDiego, CA

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

Yup yup, Dead Space is a good example of a horror Game :rolleyes:

Im not scared by Requiem Lol

and-_- yeah Filter song at the end is awesome :(

Edited by MorphineLips, 04 August 2010 - 03:02 PM.

#6 Salubri

Salubri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationCancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
  • Server:-_- YOU GRAVITY

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

Yup yup, Dead Space is a good example of a horror Game :rolleyes:

Im not scared by Requiem Lol

well im scared but because of the dev team and the last updates XD

#7 MorphineLips

MorphineLips

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationSanDiego, CA

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

well im scared but because of the dev team and the last updates XD

That's not being 'scared' that's being 'terrified' :rolleyes:

#8 Mica

Mica

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

Well, those are nice things.

Bosses should always move more, have random attacks (taunt the boss shouldnt mean that it only can hit the tank or follow it in a mindless way), dont have hours of hp, and be in big places.

Looking the video may me think in some stuffs:

A big boss in a big room, lets said something like FOC. The tank draw 50% of the boss attention but it still do things besides hit the tank. It could have a skill: run a long distance and hit all that is in its path, that way the players need to move all the time and use some strategy. Another one could be: the boss jump and fall over an area.

Following the logic of the skills that show the the message before they launch and the random attacks of the 1st SL boss, the bosses could throw aoes (big fire balls or stuffs like that) to the groups (not matter if is taunted or not): so, when the players see the msg, they must move of that place or burn.

The boss could use stealth, wich free it from the taunt.

The aggro: the boss can attack to other players, not just the tank. When it do that, it try to attack the player that got the aggro, but it dont lose it if someone else deal more dmg or taunt it, but also dont follow it in a mindless way: if the bosse follow the player for x seconds and couldnt hit it, it start to follow another player. In this ways, it could prevent the kite (some kite is ok, but all the raid like that it become in something boring).

All this things to make the players move more, but of course, the bosses shouldnt have so much hp.

will know when to change jobs? because it gave a lot and everyone in exchange for class, many of my friends stopped playing because they were in jobs that do not like, I'll take a class that I like and that changed many skills and I always change change change, do nothing Well, that annoys users and those who pay more. we want to know when a job change to call my friends. thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHrmTq_R3C8&feature=channel

Posted Image

www.evassionspain.foroactivo.com

Edited by Mica, 04 August 2010 - 04:08 PM.

#9 RumHoney

RumHoney

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

When nightmare all mobs in area of the nightmare mobs should become aggro some by smell, sight, or sound (when u buff)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users