#1 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

We all know mages are good at pvp but in uw there not exactly "useless" but every other class has a better purpose.. so my proposal why not give mages
+15% movement speed passive
+15-20% defense passive
+Faster animation to certain skills such as aoe's,stuns.
These are just examples but my point is to make mages a bit more usefull i mean the only way they could keep up with the other classes it to equip ALOT of movement speed gear and even then they have trouble and all the other stats are sacrificed and even if they decide to run slow and have good other stats theyre defense is terrible ive checked the stats with a mage full 10's and po7 oro chiv staff po7 and chiv's and the defense wasnt enuf to survive the 5sec mute from a champ so either way even if you were to use all this defense stuff it still wouldnt be enough i think that mages should get some type of defense passive and movement speed passive (the defense passive would only be for mages)(The movement speed passive would be in the basic tree somewhere so clerics could get it also)
EDIT:other suggestion for faster animation(didnt know this was a problem)

Edited by twitch, 04 December 2010 - 04:35 PM.

#2 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

-15% movement speed passive
-15-20% defense passive

Use + or * rather then - ... it look like you want to nerfed them hehehe :P

Someone had mention some where that IF, mages have more mspd, their DEF would NOT be such a big deal.

Edited by HellGuardian, 04 December 2010 - 11:48 AM.

#3 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

I disagree to defense. Movement speed, eh not so sure about.

Part of the reason they go down easily is not only because of their defense but because of their slow casting skills. The animation on some of the aoes could be sped up slightly as well as maybe one of their stuns.

Aural pierce should be improved, 9 points for 20% m def down and no damage (with a 30 second cooldown to top it off) is a bit lackluster. Especially when you compare it to a champs combat cry that does 30% defense down does damage and with a shorter cooldown, and less skillpoints. Also a katar raider's crazy style slash which is also 30% and has a short cooldown.

#4 Prashanti

Prashanti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:58 PM

i must agree with the add def and m-speed, when you aoe you must be able to run out of the crowd.
Now i walk like a snail with my 820 m-speed, dead before i reach a safe point.
The AOE needs some tweaks too, they are very weak and it takes too long to cast them.
So or power up the aoe's or improve casting speed (not both), improve aural pierce too.

Other point is the remove of the debuff skill, its annoying and useless.
When i debuff a raider he can easily run away from me, instead of that skill i would like a mage stun of 2-3 sec instead of 1 sec now.

#5 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

Mages have ranged aoes so that they don't have to run into the crowd to have to worry about running out of it.
Defense goes against the definition of a mage.

Casting time I can agree needs to be sped up for some skills.
A low percentage (20 or less) movement speed passive wouldn't hurt.
Aural pierce got nerfed to hell a while ago, would be nice to see it be useful again.

It is weird how debuffs that do damage have shorter cooldowns than debuffs that only debuff, in general.

#6 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

whats this lets buff up the class i play the most? seriously who is gonna make buff up knight and buff up artis o and bourgs post next?

#7 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

i must agree with the add def and m-speed, when you aoe you must be able to run out of the crowd.
Now i walk like a snail with my 820 m-speed, dead before i reach a safe point.
The AOE needs some tweaks too, they are very weak and it takes too long to cast them.
So or power up the aoe's or improve casting speed (not both), improve aural pierce too.

Other point is the remove of the debuff skill, its annoying and useless.
When i debuff a raider he can easily run away from me, instead of that skill i would like a mage stun of 2-3 sec instead of 1 sec now.

If you are running around with that mspeed having a small passive isn't going to help you catch anyone anyway. The debuff is annoying as hell, I wouldn't mind seeing it changed to something else /bias.

#8 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

definitley take away debuff it says 20% but its like 100% when its vs me -.- even tho its 20% it sometimes gets u and maybe the passive wont help 820 mvspd but when equiping any type of mvspd thing it = out more bcuz of the %'s

#9 Prashanti

Prashanti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:36 AM

I dont want to equip anything else to speed me up.
My Chiva stuff is my battle gear and i don't want to use buffsets to gain just a little.
I have a precious set and typhoon set to speed me up but then i have less ap and def.

#10 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

so my proposal why not give mages
+30% movement speed passive
+Faster animation to certain skills such as aoe's,stuns.

Do that and i wont ask for any def passives.

Edited by Soda, 06 December 2010 - 06:41 AM.

#11 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

+1 mspeed passive (NOT 30%, thats too much imo, maybe 15%)
+1 casting animation

however, if this causes mages to run around fast and still be able to hit super hard. then mages might become op in uw. right now, champs can do both, and they're physical damage. imagine a fast mage that still hits 6-7k >_>;

#12 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

+1 mspeed passive (NOT 30%, thats too much imo, maybe 15%)
+1 casting animation

however, if this causes mages to run around fast and still be able to hit super hard. then mages might become op in uw. right now, champs can do both, and they're physical damage. imagine a fast mage that still hits 6-7k >_>;

tbh i really dont care if they run as fast as a champ an still hit hard, with crappy def thats all useless.. and u think 30% is that much? ._. cause its not

#13 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

I dont want to equip anything else to speed me up.
My Chiva stuff is my battle gear and i don't want to use buffsets to gain just a little.
I have a precious set and typhoon set to speed me up but then i have less ap and def.

If you buff in mspeed gear and then switch off all of it for fighting you will get atleast 1.1k mspeed. (which is still slow, every class needs to equip some mspeed gear to fight in if they want to be fast, yes even champs but to a lesser extent).

Remember your attack power is still very high and sacrficing some won't cripple your ability to kill.

tbh i really dont care if they run as fast as a champ an still hit hard, with crappy def thats all useless.. and u think 30% is that much? ._. cause its not

They'll be faster than raiders and scouts. Champs will still be faster but realisticly there movement speed won't be this high forever, and then you end up with the same imbalance that we started with when mages are the fastest class.

Edited by Phish, 06 December 2010 - 02:16 PM.

#14 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:52 PM

Add a mspd passive and increase range of stuns to about 25m ***maybe***, or faster casting speed.

#15 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

i disagree with the range of the stun as long as mages have a faster cooldown it'll be ok.
true 30% is a bit to high 15% was a random number but it would be fair to see happen.
defense passive it'll make a difference not like a champ tank but mages die real fast.
poopie theres a +1 button on the bottom left of a post just click on it :D

#16 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

i disagree with the range of the stun as long as mages have a faster cooldown it'll be ok.
true 30% is a bit to high 15% was a random number but it would be fair to see happen.
defense passive it'll make a difference not like a champ tank but mages die real fast.
poopie theres a +1 button on the bottom left of a post just click on it :D

i refuse to give u reputation points!

#17 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:03 PM

I think mages deserve to get the movement speed passive and faster animation to their skill , especially their stun skills , voltage jolt or whatever it is .

#18 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

They'll be faster than raiders and scouts. Champs will still be faster but realisticly there movement speed won't be this high forever, and then you end up with the same imbalance that we started with when mages are the fastest class.

But weve already discussed about it on another thread to give scouts/raider their m-spd passive back.. So maybe if mages get the same % of m-spd passive raider/scout that wont be so bad.

#19 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:52 AM

But weve already discussed about it on another thread to give scouts/raider their m-spd passive back.. So maybe if mages get the same % of m-spd passive raider/scout that wont be so bad.

You can't base balance around things that haven't happened yet. We can't assume raider/scouts will be getting a movement speed passive (which I don't think they need if champ speed is reduced).

You have to be very careful when buffing. Just look at how champs have evolved since their weapon requirements were removed.

Edited by BrownBear, 07 December 2010 - 07:53 AM.

#20 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

well bear not only have their req for weapons been removed but the mvspd,def,hp its not just that.
poopie u just want postcount =p

#21 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

well bear not only have their req for weapons been removed but the mvspd,def,hp its not just that.

No :D its not only that. That wasn't my point, it was just an example.

#22 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

Stat wise, every single champ stat is higher than a mages except for magic defense. Mages might have more mp but that is irrelevant because champs have infinite with the mp passive.

After buffing even a mages primary stat (attack power) is still lower than a champs due to berserks high percent buff, although they have a stronger additional damage buff which can offset it.

I think their acc could be increased slightly too as they have the lowest acc and it is an offensive stat which doesn't go against the nature of the class (ie high defense).

#23 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

Stat wise, every single champ stat is higher than a mages except for magic defense. Mages might have more mp but that is irrelevant because champs have infinite with the mp passive.

After buffing even a mages primary stat (attack power) is still lower than a champs due to berserks high percent buff, although they have a stronger additional damage buff which can offset it.

I think their acc could be increased slightly too as they have the lowest acc and it is an offensive stat which doesn't go against the nature of the class (ie high defense).

That would work well too, as they don't get the ability to burn-sleep for like 30s long anymore where all their damage came from mostly.

#24 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

No :P its not only that. That wasn't my point, it was just an example.

ahh ok
yeah they do need more accuracy..

#25 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

You can't base balance around things that haven't happened yet. We can't assume raider/scouts will be getting a movement speed passive (which I don't think they need if champ speed is reduced).

You have to be very careful when buffing. Just look at how champs have evolved since their weapon requirements were removed.

Im just saying what if they do both at the same time :P .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users