Assassin job change bug - RO Bug Reporting Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Assassin job change bug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Naimale

Naimale

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hi!!

I've just completed the Assassin job change quest, the guildmaster teleported me at the begginning of the guild hall. I was supposed to receive a weapon (Job lvl 50 I choose Jur) and the Necklace of Oblivion in order to be able to change class, but I haven't received any of them, so I am stuck in the entrance hall of the assassin guild unable to change class even tough i've finished the quest. I have tried talking to the guildsman, but nothing does it.

Any help?

Posted Image
Thank you
Naimale

Edited by Naimale, 05 December 2010 - 03:49 PM.

#2 IPlay4OBBs

IPlay4OBBs

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:55 AM

yea same thing here. i took a minute to decide which weapon to choose and i think that was too long. i just submitted a support ticket, im guessing u havn't yet?

i also couldn't get quest items for the Bain & Bajin quest in the alchemist job change quest because i was too full with too many different kinds of items. at least it should've dropped on the floor, that way i still could've gotten it, but it didn't even give it at all. i can't get the 5 burnt tree because heat stove is in mine dungeon lvl 2 and even mine dungeon lvl 1 is too hard for my lvl 73 rogue. i would've changed last week and been lvl in the 80s by now...

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

i also couldn't get quest items for the Bain & Bajin quest in the alchemist job change quest because i was too full with too many different kinds of items. at least it should've dropped on the floor, that way i still could've gotten it, but it didn't even give it at all. i can't get the 5 burnt tree because heat stove is in mine dungeon lvl 2 and even mine dungeon lvl 1 is too hard for my lvl 73 rogue. i would've changed last week and been lvl in the 80s by now...

Going around with a full inventory is handled very ungracefully by RO. Don't do it, it makes things go badly. NPC's can't direct items to the floor in the event of full inventory, and there would be serious exploits possible if they could.

Set up a buying shop ( www.irowiki.org/wiki/Buying_Store ) to get the burnt trees, lots of people have a few of them kicking around that they'd sell you.

The assassin job change is failing to give out the necklace fairly often now, and it's not clear why. You can try a buying shop or looking in vends to get one, or submit a ticket at support.warpportal.com

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 December 2010 - 07:06 AM.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

That job change bug for Assassins has been around for years. I don't know why they haven't fixed it by now.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

That job change bug for Assassins has been around for years. I don't know why they haven't fixed it by now.

In the past, it was a very very rare occurence. Since renewal it is happening far more frequently. I don't understand why though - the script should be elementary...

#6 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

The assassin job change is failing to give out the necklace fairly often now, and it's not clear why. You can try a buying shop or looking in vends to get one, or submit a ticket at support.warpportal.com

AFAIK, you need to have at least one of the items you are trying to buy in order to set up a buying shop, so that's not really a solution to this problem.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:17 PM

In the past, it was a very very rare occurence. Since renewal it is happening far more frequently. I don't understand why though - the script should be elementary...

Nah, it wasn't rare, but it wasn't very common either. I've met few Assassins that haven't encountered the bug compared to the many that did, including me. Pretty retarded that I had to buy an item that I was supposed to get for free.

#8 IPlay4OBBs

IPlay4OBBs

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:49 AM

i didn't know i had too many of different kinds of items... if i did i would've put in cart

i also didn't get a katar 1.25mil or a gladius 1.75mil, u think they will give it to me? probably not right?

#9 Empheral

Empheral

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

Well add another person to that "no necklace and weapon" list...I'm assuming a support ticket is pointless seeing as there's probably nothing that can be done about it since this problem has been around that long. Anyway I guess the only way now is to:

1)The short way:- Buy them - Extremely unlikely if you've only started the game and have little to no money. Nevermind Katar[2].

2)The long way:- Kill Jakk's till they drop one with 0.06% chance or 0.11% from Rybio...at Level 98. Buy the alt. Katar[1] from Morroc or Einbroch.

It's going to be have to be the latter for me.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

Well add another person to that "no necklace and weapon" list...I'm assuming a support ticket is pointless seeing as there's probably nothing that can be done about it since this problem has been around that long.

If you file a support ticket they will give you the missing necklace. It may take longer than you'd like to wait, though (3-5 days lately, i think)

#11 Empheral

Empheral

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:23 AM

If you file a support ticket they will give you the missing necklace. It may take longer than you'd like to wait, though (3-5 days lately, i think)

Oh thanks for the heads up. I think will try the support ticket then. Not gonna have as much time to play starting next week heh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users